PDA

View Full Version : Frigate battles.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2011, 12:17 AM
Anyone ever play Star Wars Battlefront 2? If you have than do any of you remember the space battles? Those were some of the most fun games I have ever played. There was one gametype in that game called Galactic Conquest, which is basically what this community uses (the warmap). In SWBF2 space battles only happened when two ships met up with eachother, whether its over a planet or on some random space in space. While in the FC war's the armies cannot occupy the same space, I did notice something rather odd this time around: Both armies frigates just seemed to pass eachother to attack a map (indicated by green arrows moving from one planet to another.

I'm new to FC (still waiting for bootcamp, yeah that new haha) but would it be possible to have these ship to ship battles in the wars? I had a discussion about it earlier with Silver from BLUE, and he brought up some valid points to not have these battles, one of them including that one army could always have an amazing ship to ship squad and always dominate, making the other army unable to attack. Here is what I suggest:

Two armies frigates move across eachother to go and attack another territory, however because they are crossing eachothers path they decide to battle it out. The map would be on Forge World, with one REDD and one BLUE frigate (even if one side has more than one frigate and etc). In the hangars of the Frigates would be 4 Banshee's and two Falcons, ship defences would include two Chaingun warthogs, a Rocket hog, and a Scorpion on the front. None of the ship defences respawn if destroyed. This would be played as a Slayer or CTF gametype (I'd suggest CTF).

The winning faction only gets the satisfaction of winning and getting to attack, while the losing faction lose's one of their frigates (if there are two than only one is destroyed, as if the other fled). In losing a frigate this also means that the losing side would lose 190 troops (seeing as each frigate carries 190 troops or less). The remaining Frigate would attack the selected area (just with less reinforcements). IF the losing team only had one frigate, than they would lose that frigate and would be unable to attack the planet that they planned on attacking, leaving them to an only defense battle night.

The losing army wouldn't be Frigateless though, a new one would spawn at the cost of say: 1,500cR. This is only if the losing army lost their last Frigate.

Just an idea though. I thought it would be pretty cool to have these kind of battles, maybe relive some memories from SWBF2. I have played ship on ship maps before on Reach, and they were extremely fun and long (some matches coming up to a few hours just to win a game of CTF). There might be a few technical difficulties that I have not predicted (due to being new to the community) but I would like to know what you guys think.

Spartanbh
08-30-2011, 12:45 AM
No offense to you or anything, this is one of those ideas that can't be brought into reality. It's an amazing concept and gives people a good imagination of what an awesome ship-to-ship battle would be like, but the problem is is that the Halo: Reach gameplay and "world" just can't support an evenly matched game like this. I'm sure this would make a terrific fun custom game for shits and giggles, but the problem when it comes to the wars is that the community strives to create a 99.9% perfectly even playing field, and those just don't cut it, especially since when the only way to get to the other ship would pretty much be by flying.

Like I said, good idea and everything, but it just can't be brought into reality. Maybe a perk or something could be created along the lines of this though, but definitely not an actual gametype and game.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2011, 12:59 AM
I see what you mean Spartan, but could you please clarify how this would be unevenly matched with both sides having the exact same equipment. The only thing that differs is skill in flying but that could be compared to skill with a DMR or Sniper Rifle on the ground.

While each army would only have one way to enter (flying) I don't see how this would make the gametype uneven. I'm not saying your wrong, or I'm right, I just don't see that the problem is (maybe thats because its almost 1 in the morning over here and I'm tired haha). Could you please give me examples of how this would be unfair?

Spartanbh
08-30-2011, 01:11 AM
It's harder to explain over text than it is to actually show. For one, The Falcons can only carry 3 people at a time, and after enough damage (that, keep in mind like you said, would be coming from constant barrages of tank guns, warthog guns, and other explosive weapons) will blow up (unlike in the previous Halo games where the vehicle's health was based on the players health). It's just realistically impossible in the game of Halo. The difference that made Battlefront so exciting in those scenarios was that you could have 24-32 people playing and you had those giant dropships. There would be not enough people for a real ship-to-ship battle for Halo. There are 16 people, and when you think of it as the way you have set up, there just is not enough people because there are only 8 on each team. Thats 3 people for the warthogs, 1 person for the tank, 6 people for the falcons, and 4 people for the banshees if you wanted to utilize all weapons at one point. Thats 14 people FOR ONE SIDE. It's just unrealistically impossible. I'm sorry, but that's how it is. Believe me, we want to have a fun war sim community, but we can't stretch it past the Halo: Reach limits. There's just no possible way to make it work in a totally even way.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Ok, I see what you mean now haha. I guess your right, maybe it could do without the ship defenses but that wouldn't be as fun. Haha starting to wish Halo had a 24 player limit at least, like BF3 will have (for console).

Spartanbh
08-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Yeah I know what you mean, it would be awesome and stuff but Bungie never got the hint that a lot of people like BIG all-out war games like Battlefield and Battlefront are. Don't get me wrong, it was a good suggestion and was thinking outside the box and that's what we like from members of the community, but like I said, we have to keep it within reasonable limits.

Gargoyle
08-30-2011, 01:45 AM
Now, we could put this idea into like another battle map perk like thing. Not really a perk, but what if we had like a random roll dice and the winner of the frigate battle had like another tiny increase to casuality rates.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2011, 01:59 AM
Now, we could put this idea into like another battle map perk like thing. Not really a perk, but what if we had like a random roll dice and the winner of the frigate battle had like another tiny increase to casuality rates.

Seems reasonable. Two frigates cross and luck desides which one takes casualties (but then we would have to take away the part about the frigate being destroyed I think). Just add more casualties to attacking side that lost the battle.

Say BLUE and REDD cross, BLUE is roll's 1,3,5, and REDD is rolls 2,4,6. Lets just say the DICE rolls a 3, so BLUE wins. When red attacks (lets say they win) they will take 20% casualties, but lets say this perk doubles the casualty rate for the attackers, so the REDD side instead takes 40% casualties. So if REDD attacked with 100 troops they would end up with 60 instead of 80 after the battle . . . sounds good to me.

Maybe though instead of doubling casualties we just add an automatic 10% or 20% increase to casualties? This way if the attackers lose 50% of their troops in battle they wouldn't end up losing all 100% of the troops.

Nocte
08-30-2011, 02:24 AM
The War Council has already completely wiped this idea away because it would come down to dice just being rolled to see which force wins, besides the battle is over Reach not the space that surrounds it! I wish that we could make this work, but we have looked at every avenue and it just won't work.

GhostHammer
08-30-2011, 02:24 AM
We discussed that idea Garg, but we never really had much come of it.

Love the idea of the ship to ship battle, but Spartan is correct. Shame too, cause I would LOVE that as I quite enjoyed Battle Front.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2011, 02:34 AM
We discussed that idea Garg, but we never really had much come of it.

Love the idea of the ship to ship battle, but Spartan is correct. Shame too, cause I would LOVE that as I quite enjoyed Battle Front.

Agreed.

Silko
08-30-2011, 03:21 AM
If Battle Front 3 where to ever come out (God please answer my prayers!!!) we should definitely include it in FC, I would fucken drool over us being in Battle Front 3.

silversleek
08-30-2011, 11:59 AM
yeah, don't get me wrong surrounded. i would LOVE space battles. they just wouldn't work though :(

RaZ Vader
08-30-2011, 12:32 PM
WOW... I really like this idea. There has to be a way we may implement this for the next war. I will bring this up in Future War Council meetings. Good Work!

Spartanbh
08-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Just hit me, but you could have some kind of actual map and gametype that would allow it, although that would require some MASTERFUL forging. Think of the Halo 1 level called Boarding Actions where it was the two halves of a ship and the players got to each side by teleporter. Obviously I'm sure we can make it a little more complex than that, but it could be a possibility with the right forging. You can't rely on aircraft alone to get you to the other side, there must be some kind of bridge, construct, or mancannon that allows people to travel on foot.

Foehammer
08-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Spartanbh: I have acquired and have seen a couple gametypes and maps that were forged in this way, to allow travel by footsoldier and aircraft, and it balances out superbly. I see no flaw with the ship defenses on these maps too, just simple shades and plasma/machine turrets.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Just hit me, but you could have some kind of actual map and gametype that would allow it, although that would require some MASTERFUL forging. Think of the Halo 1 level called Boarding Actions where it was the two halves of a ship and the players got to each side by teleporter. Obviously I'm sure we can make it a little more complex than that, but it could be a possibility with the right forging. You can't rely on aircraft alone to get you to the other side, there must be some kind of bridge, construct, or mancannon that allows people to travel on foot.

Too bad bungie never gave us usable drop pods, you could angle them at the other ship, hit and find a way inside. I like the idea of the Man Cannons but I don't see how it would work. There might be a way to do it though . . . so does anyone remember the Truth and Reconcilliation? The grav lifts? If we place the ships above the island on FW, maybe there could be a way to get down to the bottom without dying (ie no fall damage), then we make Makeshift drop pods (like on H3's ODST drop pod maps) and go to the island. With that we could travel to the other side of the island and there would be some alternate route into the enemy ship (teleporter, STRONG mancannons, maybe a bunch of shield walls that "carry/bounce you up into the ships. I think the last would kill the budget though).

I like that idea though.

VerbotenDonkey
08-30-2011, 02:46 PM
This is what I want to push for: /Realistic/ battlefields. Where the scenery matches to actual battlefields, not some random building or bungie-made crap. We should be fighting over stuff that actually makes sense and looks real.

As for transportation ship-to-ship, we could put walkways connected to each ship made of some square piece, and then wrap them in shield doors to make it look like a grav-well that the Covenant would use.

Love the idea!

Mythonian
08-30-2011, 03:39 PM
I've been considering possibilities for awhile now (since the Everlast-Highlands battles) for something to incorporate into it.

I haven't begun construction on the map yet (planned on doing most of it this week because of no battles this Sunday), but I've mapped out most of it.

I've envisioned an 8v8 map similar to Boarding Action that features two ships (larger and less open than Boarding Action) with approximately 7 options to cross the map. Three walkways and four mancannons. I plan on it being fully compatible with FC gametypes, and was considering the possibility of instead of a simple regular game, have it be either Invasion or Invasion Slayer, which would probably play better.

VerbotenDonkey
08-30-2011, 03:42 PM
But Myth, can you play Invasion without the addition of Elites? Because Elites are banned.

Mythonian
08-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Good point.

Then Invasion Skirmish it is! :)

Foehammer
08-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Oh the minds of this War-sim...

Choca Cola
08-30-2011, 05:31 PM
I have played TO MUCH BATTLEFRONT so for me it would be awesome. If you want help building it I'll help with it, types of drop pods are my thing.

Vestige
08-30-2011, 05:55 PM
I cant belive this is going though... Personaly I dont think it should happen but at the same time the point is clear "How can two frigates just pass eachother and not care"

SuRroundeD By 1
08-30-2011, 08:48 PM
I cant belive this is going though... Personaly I dont think it should happen but at the same time the point is clear "How can two frigates just pass eachother and not care"

Basically yes, this is why Frigate battles would be included, so we don't have the Frigates pass eachother sending cannon salutes and waving. Besides, it gives the pilots a whole gametype to exexute their skills.

Vestige
08-30-2011, 11:59 PM
true but it would be really katioc

SuRroundeD By 1
08-31-2011, 12:23 AM
true but it would be really katioc

Haha, and normal battles arn't? Haha 8v8 Tritan was nonstop explosions and DMR battles in the middle. It was basically this:

:gun1::2 guns::gun1::2 guns:
:gun1::2 guns::2 guns::gun1::red flag:
:tank::death::gun1::2 guns:
:gun1::gun1::2 guns::2 guns::blue flag:
:gun1::2 guns::-D:gun1:
:gun2:

Imo there is nothing wrong with being kaotic, it's just how controlled that chao's is.

Spartanbh
08-31-2011, 12:29 AM
I think it would add a new aspect of the wars in the area of piloting. Obviously not everyone is going to be flying in the battle cause like I said, the game can't handle all of that, but for me at least, I was always one who LOVED flying in Halo and LOVED having dogfights with Banshees and whatnot. I think it'll definitely show some new skills that some people may have had hidden. Pilot battles are sweet if they can be played out well.

Foehammer
08-31-2011, 12:59 AM
I think it would add a new aspect of the wars in the area of piloting. Obviously not everyone is going to be flying in the battle cause like I said, the game can't handle all of that, but for me at least, I was always one who LOVED flying in Halo and LOVED having dogfights with Banshees and whatnot. I think it'll definitely show some new skills that some people may have had hidden. Pilot battles are sweet if they can be played out well.

I most wholeheartedly agree, it'd give me chance to see if all that piloting practice went to good use, and I know several other pilots would be just as pleased to see this go through.

SuRroundeD By 1
08-31-2011, 01:31 AM
I would love to see how this works out. Only problems I see now are:

1) How is this set up? Like a normal battle night where multiple squads play the Frigates and the team with the most wins, wins, or is there going to be one squad from each army duking it out?

2) Losing penalties, and victory prizes. What happens to the losing team? What does the winning team gain?

Foehammer
08-31-2011, 11:25 PM
I can answer number 2 for you in laymans terms; losers gain a giant, flaming husk that once was a warship, winners get to live another day to patch up the gaping holes in their cruiser's armor. Sweet deal, eh?

d3ad1te
09-06-2011, 04:37 AM
One more reason to reenlist.

SuRroundeD By 1
11-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Hey, do any WC members have any idea what happened to this motion? I remember Raz talking about it and Spartan mentioning Boarding Action.

Then Myth came in and said he had some pretty interesting GT's that included Frigates.

This next idea might be a little hard to incorperate, but has anyone ever played Titan Mode on Battlefield 2142? What is was were two large Titans (carriers floating in the air) and players would have to board the titans and destroy it from the inside, or capture all the rally points on the bottom and launch missiles at the target.

My point to the paragraph above, was that there was a vehicle in which players can enter and literally "shoot" themselves out of a pod and land on the top of the Titan. I'm pretty sure Man-Cannons couldn't get the job done here but if the next war is on Reach than we could include a "floor" since the frigates would be in atmosphere carrying troops. The "pods" could be either very strong man cannons, or teleporters in which players could use to "propell" themselves onto the enemy frigate. If the next war expands to other planets than we would have to scrap the ground "floor" since we'd be in space.

If we were to use Territories or Invasion Skirmish I have a feeling that this gametype would work out fine, with multiple capture points and ways to get to them (whether that means air ships or etc.).

Mythonian
11-03-2011, 03:49 PM
1. We're working on multiple new features for the war, and full details will be given once the decisions have been finalized.

2. Making a map like that is quite tough. For example, I intended my Contact map to be along those lines (8v8 battle between two frigates), but I quickly ran out of budget and could only make it 4v4.

SuRroundeD By 1
11-03-2011, 04:12 PM
1. We're working on multiple new features for the war, and full details will be given once the decisions have been finalized.

2. Making a map like that is quite tough. For example, I intended my Contact map to be along those lines (8v8 battle between two frigates), but I quickly ran out of budget and could only make it 4v4.

Alright, thank you Myth, and I know how it is. I tried making a Battlefront two space battle, used at least 7-8 thousand of my budget on one ship, then I gave up . . .

Fuzzy
11-03-2011, 04:18 PM
The possibility of forging such maps is near to none as it is outside the possibilities of the palette of Halo. Expert forgers such as the ones in Forge Hub or other forging communities have been unable to do so and they tend to be the ones stretching the limits of forge, if they can not do it there is no means that we can as we have a very small forging group.

These ideas may seem good on paper but they are very idealistic and actually applying it is not possible.

SuRroundeD By 1
11-03-2011, 04:29 PM
The possibility of forging such maps is near to none as it is outside the possibilities of the palette of Halo. Expert forgers such as the ones in Forge Hub or other forging communities have been unable to do so and they tend to be the ones stretching the limits of forge, if they can not do it there is no means that we can as we have a very small forging group.

These ideas may seem good on paper but they are very idealistic and actually applying it is not possible.

I wouldn't say impossible . . . it would be difficult, but I have played a few great gametypes that were ship to ship, only problem was being able to dock the enemy ship because of heavy equipment destroying attackers as soon as they entered. I wish I could have found one of those previous maps and adjusted it, but alas I played them way before I joined up here.

VerbotenDonkey
11-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I would actually like to see a single Ship battles, like where there's one invading army onboard and enemy ship or something.

silversleek
11-03-2011, 04:50 PM
i have a cool map based off of battlefront two. i'll send it to you when i get a chance k myth?

Choca Cola
11-03-2011, 05:34 PM
If we were to use only one ship we could use the maps that were designed on a spaceship. (looking at you Anchor 9 and Condemned.)

Sangheili Ekim
11-03-2011, 08:26 PM
I like the idea of attacking or defending a single ship. Ive played a map like that once and it was nothing less of fun. The map was mostly aerial fighting, which was great. Something different from your basic on-foot gameplay battles. And everyone was equiped with jet-packs also. So you could jump from asteroid to asteroid. I plan on making a map just like this after im done with the Imperial based map im working on.

VerbotenDonkey
11-03-2011, 08:36 PM
I used to play on a Map forged on Avalanche, some members of FC might remember playing customs on it. Someone had made a huge Frigate, complete with vehicles in the open back of the ship, an armory behind that, and the ship had like two layers and there were several turrets that can be reached, and also a few landing pads on the sides that could be stationed to shoot off the sides, or enemies can land there. There was an Elite base below that had several banshees, a Wraith that could shoot into the back of the Frigate, and a variety of weapons for the Elites. It was SO much fun, there were explosions everywhere and people naturally broke up into Squads because it worked best to work in small teams. Its one of the funnest things ever, I just took that simple Frigate Map and added an Elite base and we had came up with a nice gametype that was surprisingly balanced.

What I'm suggesting though is that we start with a Frigate shell, and the enemies spawn in the back of the ship with some weapons, and the defenders spawn at the Captains Helm/Control room. Then the battle rages throughout the inside of the Frigate. There'd be some specialized rooms like maybe an Armory, cafeteria, engine room, etc. It'd be really fun if done correctly, which is the hard part. Not all balanced maps are symmetrical =) Some of the fun gametypes aren't.

Puba
11-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I used to play on a Map forged on Avalanche, some members of FC might remember playing customs on it. Someone had made a huge Frigate, complete with vehicles in the open back of the ship, an armory behind that, and the ship had like two layers and there were several turrets that can be reached, and also a few landing pads on the sides that could be stationed to shoot off the sides, or enemies can land there. There was an Elite base below that had several banshees, a Wraith that could shoot into the back of the Frigate, and a variety of weapons for the Elites. It was SO much fun, there were explosions everywhere and people naturally broke up into Squads because it worked best to work in small teams. Its one of the funnest things ever, I just took that simple Frigate Map and added an Elite base and we had came up with a nice gametype that was surprisingly balanced.

What I'm suggesting though is that we start with a Frigate shell, and the enemies spawn in the back of the ship with some weapons, and the defenders spawn at the Captains Helm/Control room. Then the battle rages throughout the inside of the Frigate. There'd be some specialized rooms like maybe an Armory, cafeteria, engine room, etc. It'd be really fun if done correctly, which is the hard part. Not all balanced maps are symmetrical =) Some of the fun gametypes aren't. that sounds like fun we should do it!

SuRroundeD By 1
11-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Ok, sounds great guys but the point of these frigate battles were to make action take place between two frigates who would "pass" eachother on the war map, it makes little sense that two enemy battleships would encounter eachother, and do nothing. While frigate maps are cool, having only one ship destroys that purpose, unless we do two matches, with each side attacking and defending.

VerbotenDonkey
11-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Haha no. I suppose I went a tad bit off topic. ^_^ Trust me Surrounded, your idea is covered as far as WC talking is concerned. I just went off on a tangent about a cool map idea xD

silversleek
11-03-2011, 09:42 PM
I like the idea of attacking or defending a single ship. Ive played a map like that once and it was nothing less of fun. The map was mostly aerial fighting, which was great. Something different from your basic on-foot gameplay battles. And everyone was equiped with jet-packs also. So you could jump from asteroid to asteroid. I plan on making a map just like this after im done with the Imperial based map im working on.

imperial wookie planet (how ever you spell it. kash-something.)?

that with fc gametypes, (with jetpacks) would be awesome. although we need to make it NOT have infinite ammo, that way myth can't camp with the lazer.

SuRroundeD By 1
11-03-2011, 09:51 PM
imperial wookie planet (how ever you spell it. kash-something.)?

that with fc gametypes, (with jetpacks) would be awesome. although we need to make it NOT have infinite ammo, that way myth can't camp with the lazer.

Kashyyk (somewhere close to that, although not exact spelling idt). ;)

@Verboten I don't really care if you go off-topic honestly . . . brings life to the thread, I thought you were on-topic however, and the idea wasn't idea for two frigates, which made the origional idea for the war useless. But your idea sounds incredibly fun, and it's something I might even take BF3 out (for a little) in order to play haha

VerbotenDonkey
11-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Nononono. xD This was for something different. Like we'd have your idea for when Frigates pass each other, and then this would prove to be an actual Map used for the Wars. Like maybe an Imperial Frigate that has landed to drop off supplys or land cargo? And it is incredibly fun, however, the current map is on Halo 3, not Reach xD I'd like to forge one for Reach though.

SuRroundeD By 1
11-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Nononono. xD This was for something different. Like we'd have your idea for when Frigates pass each other, and then this would prove to be an actual Map used for the Wars. Like maybe an Imperial Frigate that has landed to drop off supplys or land cargo? And it is incredibly fun, however, the current map is on Halo 3, not Reach xD I'd like to forge one for Reach though.

Actually Verboten you just gave me a great idea . . . now it's time for me to build on it, take a week to make it, and let you wait to hear it. :)

117 Posts ;)

VerbotenDonkey
11-03-2011, 10:45 PM
I'll find out. I always do.

Vestige
11-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Ik changes >.>, but its <CLASSIFIED>. Sorry folks.

Mythonian
11-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Ik changes >.>, but its <CLASSIFIED>. Sorry folks.You know suggestions and proposals, but nothing has been finalized yet, so technically... :)

And it's not "classified." We aren't trying to hide anything, we just literally haven't decided anything yet, so there haven't been announcements.

When something is decided and finalized, it will be announced, as always.

(If you mean REDD-specific changes, then nevermind).

Vestige
11-03-2011, 11:58 PM
You know suggestions and proposals, but nothing has been finalized yet, so technically... :)

And it's not "classified." We aren't trying to hide anything, we just literally haven't decided anything yet, so there haven't been announcements.

When something is decided and finalized, it will be announced, as always.

(If you mean REDD-specific changes, then nevermind).

It is <CLASSIFIED> I am not allowed to reveal it to the public, FM's orders. Also Ik some R.E.D.D Plans that are in fact "<CLASSIFIED>" By the sounds of thing there not just "suggestions and proposals", but we never know -Waves hands all chanty like- >.>.

SuRroundeD By 1
11-08-2011, 03:59 PM
So I was thinking of how to incorperate frigates better into the wars, and I've been pondering the thought for quite a while now, and just about now I came up with a plausable answer to incorperate into the Reach wars.

First of all, when battle night comes along we chose a territory to attack, and attack it with troops from a nearby territory. What I propose is that we can't just move troops from one map onto another, we have to move them by using military frigates. So when you have to move troops from one map onto another we have to use frigates, and when we attack another map we have to use frigates also.

So, to make sure I'm understood, frigates CAN move more than once a week, you can move a frigate as many times around as you want as long as you pay 10cR in fuel for every move the frigate makes. Each army will begin with three frigates (assuming we have the same amount of maps) and you can buy more for 5000cR each. You CANNOT move a frigate past enemy lines, and you cannot attack more than one territory a week unless those rules are changed.

If moving frigates around the map enough in order to move troops around ends up being too much work, you can purchase "links" (idk, either by railroad or something) between maps that allows you to move troops between them without the help of a frigate, these links would cost 500cR each and moving troops between them is free of charge.

Now the fun part. If your frigate attacks a map with another frigate, than the two frigates do battle. If the attacking side wins that they can continue to attack the territory below. However if they lose, than they lose their ability to attack a map for that week and all troops on board.

If two frigates pass eachother to attack maps that are right next to themselves than the frigates do battle, and the winning side gets to continue their attack and the losing side loses their frigate and all troops aboard.

If say you have a link to a map that you recently lost, and you want to attack it without help of a frigate, you CAN. However if there is a frigate parked ontop of that territory than you do a battle similar to what Verboten Donkey described earlier in this thread. You are the attacking side, and you have to assault a single frigate. If you win than the opposing army (that had the frigate and lost it) loses that frigate along with two extra losses during the battle night for that map.

Casualties:
If you lose a frigate, you lose all troops on board during its destruction. A frigate can carry a max of 300 troops, however you can use more than one frigate during an attack to increase that troop count, and you can stack three frigates for one battle, so in theory you can have a total of 900 troops attack a single map. However extra frigates brings me to my next point.

Lets say you have two frigates and your opponent has one, you still play like normal, however if you lose one frigate you still have another chance to take down your opponent.

If you have three frigates though, and your opponent only has one, you automatically win. If you have three and he has two though, you still play until only one side has frigates left.

You play one battle for every frigate.

What do you guys think?

silversleek
11-08-2011, 04:15 PM
i don't really like that system, one side can just put a frigate on all their boarder maps for a quick one game victory.

SuRroundeD By 1
11-08-2011, 04:34 PM
i don't really like that system, one side can just put a frigate on all their boarder maps for a quick one game victory.

Yeah, but it's a trade off at the same time. If their frigate is destroyed the attacking army gets an extra win or two for that map.

VerbotenDonkey
11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
If the WC hasn't changed much on the propositions put in, then you will be very pleased with some of the updates Surrounded. =)

I agree though, it's unbalanced if the entire Frigate would be destroyed.

SuRroundeD By 1
11-08-2011, 04:55 PM
If the WC hasn't changed much on the propositions put in, then you will be very pleased with some of the updates Surrounded. =)

I agree though, it's unbalanced if the entire Frigate would be destroyed.

I'll trust you on that then Verboten.

If the frigates wern't able to be destroyed though they could just sit on the front lines and protect the troops beneath them.

Here, this might be a fix to the problem Silver mentioned:

If your frigate attacks another map with a frigate on it, you still play for the map along with the frigate battle, however, if you fail to take the map and your frigate is destroyed, than you lose all of the attacking troops anyway (instead of losing all of them before even being able to attack).

If you fail to win the map but your frigate is still active after the frigate battle than you and your troops can escape.

If you win the map, but your frigate is destroyed than the defending troops can escape, but you still win the map. Similarly, if you win and the opponents frigate is destroyed, all defending troops are killed.

Kuhblam
11-09-2011, 10:23 AM
We've got a lot of stuff planned for you guys. Just sit tight for now.

~Kuhblam

SuRroundeD By 1
11-09-2011, 06:45 PM
We've got a lot of stuff planned for you guys. Just sit tight for now.

~Kuhblam

Ten-Four