PDA

View Full Version : | Weekly Challenge | The Pillar of Autumn: LASO

cCrisis
09-06-2011, 10:17 PM
DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO WASTE 2+ HOURS OF YOUR LIFE FOR 17K CREDITS.

so me, guzzie, Hectic and g1ngie decided we would attempt the weekly and after 2 hours and 37 minutes we finally beat it and it was ridiculously impossible. you basically have to assassinate every elite and 1 bullet from anything kills you.

PROOF:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=788 406958&player=cCrisis

has anyone else done this yet?

Scarekro
09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
I did this months ago when it was a Weekly for like 9000 credits. I think it was April or so. I did it with Ninjaboltzz and it took us FOUR hours. Haha. It seems so much harder than it was last time. I dunno why, but it's pissing me off. It's a waste of time anyways because anybody can earn WAY more than 18000 in the time it takes to finish the actual mission by playing matchmaking.

HellSpawn 101
09-06-2011, 10:26 PM
4 people is harder do it with 2-3 you get it done in an hour. ive done it twice already my longest was 1hr 10 min its no that hard if you know what you're doing.

Scarekro
09-06-2011, 10:37 PM
4 people is harder do it with 2-3 you get it done in an hour. ive done it twice already my longest was 1hr 10 min its no that hard if you know what you're doing.

You may need to help me then. Cause there's NO way I'll be able to do it.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Im gonna do this shit solo.

Fiery Grave
09-06-2011, 10:40 PM
it wasn't that long for me either... i did it twice in under 4 hours with different people, the only hard part is last fight

Mythonian
09-06-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm with Hellspawn and Fiery. I did it with a guest and got it down in 1 hr, 45 min or so. xD

VerbotenDonkey
09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
It's because the game forces you to be crappy Noble 1 instead of the legendary Master Chief. I swear, if you were Master Chief it would be so much easier.

cCrisis
09-06-2011, 11:34 PM
the part before the 2 hunters is so hard. you have to have someone basically distract an elite and than someone else assassinate them and there is like 5 or 6 elites in the room.

i think it's harder with 4 people also, i didn't really think of that when we did it.

HellSpawn 101
09-07-2011, 12:16 AM
the part before the hunters if you let the elites from the phantom get in the room wait a bit then run past it works most of the time

bazongaman502
09-07-2011, 12:21 AM
did it by myself when it was a challenge the first time... would have been with Carpe, but he wasnt on at the same time as me... it took me like 2 hours, but i know how to skip parts easily

bazongaman502
09-07-2011, 12:23 AM
the part before the hunters if you let the elites from the phantom get in the room wait a bit then run past it works most of the time

yeah, and if the Elites dont get killed, hunters dont spawn and you just hop through the window if the door doesnt open... i thought it would be hard, but when i saw that, it made just about eveything easy

cCrisis
09-07-2011, 01:57 AM
yeah, and if the Elites dont get killed, hunters dont spawn and you just hop through the window if the door doesnt open... i thought it would be hard, but when i saw that, it made just about eveything easy

yea we tried to get past that part like that. i guess hectic didn't notice another way other than the door, which didn't open.

so basically we did it legit lol.

bazongaman502
09-07-2011, 03:57 AM
yea we tried to get past that part like that. i guess hectic didn't notice another way other than the door, which didn't open.

so basically we did it legit lol.

yeah lol.. also a tip for the ending fight in the Mac Gun... get in it to start the sceane (when the phantoms start to show up... hop out and grab a spartan laser and take out a few banshees with it if you can... if ou cant, hide on the stairs behind the big gun untill you here keyes or whoever says "Now Six!"... then hop back into the gun and immediatly charge the gun and hit that ship with it... its very easy... just requires alot of patience... and some of you know i dont really have that and know it was hell for me lol

silversleek
09-07-2011, 06:50 AM
i know how to despawn almost everything except for the last landing pad fight and a few other parts, so i can probably get it under an hour. less if i use the concussion rifle jump at the end. although i can't do that sooo.

cCrisis
09-07-2011, 02:14 PM
yeah lol.. also a tip for the ending fight in the Mac Gun... get in it to start the sceane (when the phantoms start to show up... hop out and grab a spartan laser and take out a few banshees with it if you can... if ou cant, hide on the stairs behind the big gun untill you here keyes or whoever says "Now Six!"... then hop back into the gun and immediatly charge the gun and hit that ship with it... its very easy... just requires alot of patience... and some of you know i dont really have that and know it was hell for me lol

guzzie, hectic had full shields and ginige was at like half, so they just got in and did what they could until they were low and then switched. then we just waited a few and had gingie jump in and shot the big ship.

that was easy compared to the other parts.

bazongaman502
09-07-2011, 02:35 PM
guzzie, hectic had full shields and ginige was at like half, so they just got in and did what they could until they were low and then switched. then we just waited a few and had gingie jump in and shot the big ship.

that was easy compared to the other parts.

mhm, it just dont get most people at that part lol... like you can get out and hide... you dont have to sit there and just keep dying or getting hurt

Silko
09-07-2011, 02:44 PM
OK this isn't all that hard I did it SOLO in 45 mins back in march. Use this guide (http://halo.bungie.org/gameplay/reach_mythic/poa.html) to help you. This is the BEST guide to use for doing this laso

cCrisis
09-07-2011, 03:18 PM
mhm, it just dont get most people at that part lol... like you can get out and hide... you dont have to sit there and just keep dying or getting hurt

your shields don't recharge and it's easy to kill most of the phantoms until the end. i think we failed 3 times on the last part.

cCrisis
09-07-2011, 03:19 PM
OK this isn't all that hard I did it SOLO in 45 mins back in march. Use this guide (http://halo.bungie.org/gameplay/reach_mythic/poa.html) to help you. This is the BEST guide to use for doing this laso

it's harder with 4 people. we really didn't of that when we did it lol

Silko
09-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Even with 4 people it isn't too hard, just got to be smart about it. When 1 person can't do a proper nade jump, just tell that person to hide until he gets warped at the next checkpoint, use one person as a decoy as one assassinates the elite/brute in question. when one person dies you just check point instead of you dieing and having to restart or save/quit it over and over again. I did it with me and a friend it took us a hour ( that damn FM didn't want to die lol). When ever you do a laso I suggest you use the guide I linked above