PDA

View Full Version : FC goes to Battlefield 3?

SuRroundeD By 1
09-11-2011, 02:11 AM
This may be an even less accepted idea than my previous frigate thread (which eventually caught on). However I believe that unlike Halo, other games have not brought the features needed to make FC type battles (changing certain maps to fix balance issues, or making maps in general), however even though the game hasn't come out, I am coming to like the idea of a war on Battlefield 3 more and more. First up is Server browser for consoles, this (if a type of custom game feature is not created) could make getting the people together to play possible, by making a server, choosing the map and having a password to enter that server.

Second, the squad system in BF3 could easily bind together the idea of having squads in FC. It works good in Halo, but it could still work just as good for BF3, considering squads of 4 are actually an in game feature. So the wars could work like so: Instead of one squad fights another, one platoon (with three squads, 12 max on a team for consoles) can fight another. All maps will have the possibility of 24 players max, unless server rules are different.

Third, maps should already be fairly balanced, considering "weapon spawns" are not a problem, and the only possible things that can become problamatic are: vehicle spawns, and terrain for each side of a map, but saying that: they should still be pretty well balanced.

Fourth, having sectioned squads in platoons can become possible. Having one platoon have a: Vehicle squad, recon squad, and assault squad all in one game. It can bring more depth to FC. For example, I know Foehammer likes flying. He could be part of the "vehicle squad" and fly a jet while the rest of his squad are all in tanks/helo's or transporting assault groups into battle. Another is my friend Jake (IrelandWolf) who likes to snipe, so he would be part of the recon squad and locate enemies/kill them for the assault group to move in. Finally, I love blowing things up so I would take an assault squad straight into combat. This can add a more strategic approach to FC, and I'm sure there would be a few people interested in that.

Problems:

A lot of the members of FC would actually have to buy BF3, and may not want to, rendering this idea useless. If however we could get at least 24 people to buy the game we could do this. On release there will ONLY be 9 maps, so each army could have 4 locations and the war would start on one neutral map, with the short amount of maps, the players needed could be reduced and the first war could serve as a test to see if BF3 is up to FC standards.

Picking a side: I'm sure member's of FC arn't immature, however personal bia's to factions could become a problem. If they are like me they may perfer one side (for example I would want to play as the Americans, not that I have anything against Russia, but I live in the US), and if people would refuse to play as the other faction than it could become a problem (not that I see this happening). Instead of making BLUE and REDD armies have to be a certain team we can add to this website and make a BF3 section giving players the chance to play along side others that they usually don't play with (a REDD dude can play as the US and fight along side a BLUE dude who also signed up for the US). This way one side isn't forced to play as a faction, and people can all get their opinion as to what side they would want to join and play with a new group of people.

The third problem is I do not know how the server system will act for consoles, I know it's confirmed but I do not know whether or not it will be like the PC's server options. It could simply be the option to choose a server whose map and player count you currently like, we may not be able to create a hosted server, and if not than this idea would just be flushed down the toilet (unless a custom games option was avaliable).

The only GT's I can imagine being played are conquest and TDM, as playing Rush specifically makes one team attackers and the other team defenders, which can lead to odd encounters: The Russians can attack the US at Operation Metro, but the Russians are defenders on that map, so since they are attacking why would they be playing as defenders? Saying that, conquest would most likely be the best choice.

That's all I have for now. This idea just occured to me, and it's just an idea. So let's review.

TL;DR

BF3 server browser could make FCBF3 possible, and the built in squad system can bring more depth to the FC community and allow certain players to fufill active roles and make teamwork throughout a platoon necissary for victory. Could make FC a lot more fun and active (not saying that it isn't!).

Problems being: the amount of people that buy the game need to be relativly high, each faction has to be fairly equal, and having a US and Russian side may not allow for being equal to occur. That and I don't know whether or not the server browser will act as we need it to. Only GT that may be possible is conquest, because Rush attacking and defending sides cannot be altered, and could lead to odd situations.

As for the story, we have many creative writers in the FC fiction department, I'm sure they could come up with a briliant idea to tie this story to our's or at least make a completely new story that doesn't tie to Halo FC in any way.

What do you guys think? Again this is just an idea.

VerbotenDonkey
09-11-2011, 02:20 AM
If DICE is smart, they will add a server/custom setting.

However, it's been many many games later, and they have not. Otherwise, I would have already suggested this idea xD

GhostHammer
09-11-2011, 02:22 AM
We're a Halo Community. Our back story, and entire being is Halo.

So no.

bazongaman502
09-11-2011, 02:32 AM
We're a Halo Community. Our back story, and entire being is Halo.

So no.

yes. very true...

HOWEVER... hes not saying "kick Halo to the side and just got Battlefield"... its more like, "lets create another that spands into another game"...

I personally like the idea, however before an attempt should fully happen, i personally think we should wait to see what the Beta (September 27th) is like or see what the final product is like first...

Im already down to try this and i think it would be fun... just kinda have it as another "fun" war-sim on the side, but Halo is the "main priority".... it can be done, we just need people to be willing to try it....

Id also say if your going to try this, id suggest you get a move on it now... possibly with BFBC:2 for now...

This idea shouldnt be shot down so fast lol... its actually a pretty good one

EDIT: Also we can use this Battlefield 3 "war-sim" idea that kinda leads into the Halo war-sim... like:

"First the war started on land between 2 powerfull Army's.... however only one wins and takes over (resulting in REDD).... then people grew up, had kids, they grew up and had kits, etc, etc... then suddenly a rebellion begins (aka REDDvsBLUE)... hey it can work... people said George Lucas was stupid at starting Star Wars at Episode 4... he did those and made millions, came back to the beginning and made even more millions... it can be done lol

Carpe Vexillum
09-11-2011, 02:52 AM
NO a website this size cannot handle two games. No, I've seen it, I've tried it, simply it does not work.

GhostHammer
09-11-2011, 02:54 AM
NO a website this size cannot handle two games. No, I've seen it, I've tried it, simply it does not work.

Correct. Been tried in the past, failed, crashed and burned. There is not the man power, not the resources to do so. You effectively have to double everything we have in place for this war-sim and create it for another.

Trust me when I say, it wont be happening.

KillerGUNNY132
09-11-2011, 02:55 AM
yes. very true...

HOWEVER... hes not saying "kick Halo to the side and just got Battlefield"... its more like, "lets create another that spands into another game"...

I personally like the idea, however before an attempt should fully happen, i personally think we should wait to see what the Beta (September 27th) is like or see what the final product is like first...

Im already down to try this and i think it would be fun... just kinda have it as another "fun" war-sim on the side, but Halo is the "main priority".... it can be done, we just need people to be willing to try it....

Id also say if your going to try this, id suggest you get a move on it now... possibly with BFBC:2 for now...

This idea shouldnt be shot down so fast lol... its actually a pretty good one

EDIT: Also we can use this Battlefield 3 "war-sim" idea that kinda leads into the Halo war-sim... like:

"First the war started on land between 2 powerfull Army's.... however only one wins and takes over (resulting in REDD).... then people grew up, had kids, they grew up and had kits, etc, etc... then suddenly a rebellion begins (aka REDDvsBLUE)... hey it can work... people said George Lucas was stupid at starting Star Wars at Episode 4... he did those and made millions, came back to the beginning and made even more millions... it can be done lol

We've played around with the idea in the past with COD, and every time it failed. People didnt show up and the people running it stopped giving a shit. It's a good idea on paper, but like Ghost said, we are a Halo community. That's what we've always been, and that's what I believe we should continue to be.

bazongaman502
09-11-2011, 03:03 AM
We've played around with the idea in the past with COD, and every time it failed. People didnt show up and the people running it stopped giving a shit. It's a good idea on paper, but like Ghost said, we are a Halo community. That's what we've always been, and that's what I believe we should continue to be.

CoD is a horrible choice tho lol.... Zero teamwork in that at all... anyways, i fully understand what you guys and saying and im not gonna push this... good idea, sad it wont happen

SuRroundeD By 1
09-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Maybe you wouldn't need to double the entire website, but just add BF3 options to the current fourms? Maybe use the Microsoft Xbox 360 forums and make a recruiting thread, two faction threads, and the battle night/ warmap thread, then sticky them?

To the suggestion that we start on BC2, that game doesn't have the features to make a FC war-sim work.

One positive outcome I see of this is that we can expand our recruiting to BF3 and maybe increase size in the Halo department as well, we all know that we need new members, or at least active members.

If the answer is still no than alright, it sounds good but maybe it just can't be done.

GhostHammer
09-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Maybe you wouldn't need to double the entire website, but just add BF3 options to the current fourms? Maybe use the Microsoft Xbox 360 forums and make a recruiting thread, two faction threads, and the battle night/ warmap thread, then sticky them?

To the suggestion that we start on BC2, that game doesn't have the features to make a FC war-sim work.

One positive outcome I see of this is that we can expand our recruiting to BF3 and maybe increase size in the Halo department as well, we all know that we need new members, or at least active members.

If the answer is still no than alright, it sounds good but maybe it just can't be done.

Trust me, no. You need...

HighCommand for both factions.
NEW Forums, not enough room here to have other stuff mixed in, new usergroups/images, etc etc.
War Council (Promise you FEW of our Forerunners will have anything to do with BF3)
Warmap (Good luck finding GPHX with time for another one, plus updating)
Bootcamps (Dont forget you're building armies from nothing)

Trust me, it wont happen. We have not the resources or time for it.

Nocte
09-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Honestly Ghost we tried a Call of Duty war-sim and the only reason why is never caught on is because a lot of members of this community didn't like CoD.

However alot of people like BF in this community. It wont be as big because it's an off war-sim of this community and honestly we can run that war-sim like we do this one so the HighCom won't be needed. Maybe like a few members can act as a small HghCom and thats it. Trust me this won't take alot to do...

This community ran perfectly fine without a working war-map.....

Gargoyle
09-11-2011, 02:06 PM
You could always just try it out for a little bit.

Carpe Vexillum
09-11-2011, 02:11 PM
We could try it but its a waste of time, first you would need a group of leaders willing to recruit A LOT of people. Then we would need to be able to accommodate those people. We would need to establish working order between the two segments, and also create all of the games /dates (that don't conflict). Your basically creating another community within this one, how long did it take to get this one going good, and how hard was it?

If there is anyone willing to take on such a big task, then I don't have a problem with it, but we need to focus on what we are good at. Because what we have now is even having hiccups of problems.

GhostHammer
09-11-2011, 02:24 PM
As stated, been suggested and tried multiple times. I know the Forerunners we have very well.

It will not happen. Get over it.

Spartanbh
09-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Before completely shooting down this idea...this is the best way to put it:

It can't work within the FC community and the FC community alone. This community is based SOLELY around Halo and Halo only. Trying to split the community between two games would just stress out the members and it shakes up practicing and battle times for Halo.

Now...If you would like to create a Battlefield 3 War Sim, BY ALL MEANS go ahead! I actually encourage it, and hell I'd even take part (possibly). But, you'd would pretty much need to start from complete scratch and recruit from Battlefield and Battlefield ONLY, and you would need to find people willing to be part of it, lead other people, and people willing to do graphics and such. Like I said, the idea is great, but it's just way to stressful to split up this community between two games, you'd have to make a complete new one and you could definitely affiliate the community with FC, there would never, ever be a problem with that. But I doubt you'd get even 15% of the true leaders to help you out because they have problems of their own in FC.

In conclusion...it won't work directly with all the FC people, but there are people who would definitely support you if you were to create a war-sim on Battlefield. I say go for it, it could definitely make you a popular person ;)

Nocte
09-11-2011, 02:33 PM
It's never been tried with BF, the only thing it has been tried with is Call of Duty. Nothing is deemed impossible unless you try, BF3 is a new game that I think is a game that will attract more players into a war-sim type community. After all we are a community, we want to expand do we not? So why turn down an idea to expand? Seems contradicting to what we want to do.

This community will get bigger when we can create a broader image. Right now the only people that want to join us are people that like the idea of a military war-sim on Halo. Which the majority of people don't as Halo isn't based to be played that way. Now if we played on BF or a game that generally sets the image for a good military war-sim then we would be larger. ~ I posted this in the Decay of Respect Thread.

Ghost if you don't think it will work then don't help in making it happen.

GhostHammer
09-11-2011, 02:59 PM
It's never been tried with BF, the only thing it has been tried with is Call of Duty. Nothing is deemed impossible unless you try, BF3 is a new game that I think is a game that will attract more players into a war-sim type community. After all we are a community, we want to expand do we not? So why turn down an idea to expand? Seems contradicting to what we want to do.

This community will get bigger when we can create a broader image. Right now the only people that want to join us are people that like the idea of a military war-sim on Halo. Which the majority of people don't as Halo isn't based to be played that way. Now if we played on BF or a game that generally sets the image for a good military war-sim then we would be larger. ~ I posted this in the Decay of Respect Thread.

Ghost if you don't think it will work then don't help in making it happen.

Check yourself. We're streamlining to take the next steps to get FC into something bigger and better. You think we're going to waste time adding more isues? Try again. Do you research.

VerbotenDonkey
09-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I will help with a Battlefield War-Sim. However, as stated before it will be an affiliate of FC, not an actual part of it. Forerunner Conflict/RVBR has been around hell of a long time and like Ghost said, FC has its own agenda. This will have to be built from the ground up and Im already brainstorming a few new ideas that will differ from FC.

Nocte
09-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Who ever said it would be an issue? If it works then it works, if it doesn't well then we tried and we can cut it.

We are streamlining to make FC bigger, and this will very much make it bigger. I've said it before, alot of people that play Reach aren't interested in a "war-sim" they like to play with friends or competitively. I've been turned down by at least 50 people when I go recruiting just because they don't like the idea of a war-sim.

Battlefield players I would say would like the idea of a "war-sim" community. I mean after all we are a "community" therefore we can expand to any game we want. We just have to make sure we do it properly and not sloppy.

Kuhblam
09-11-2011, 03:34 PM
I think it's a very cool idea. But there's flaws.

At this time, nor in the future, would we be willing to support two fully-fledged war simulation systems on different games.

FC, as stated, is a gaming community centered around the Halo franchise. We will not be switching the current series of choice unless some majorly dramatic catastrophe occurs.

Feel free to create your own "side-wars" as you please. Cake vs. Pie, CoD Theme, all are acceptable. Just don't be expecting logistical or technical support from FC Administration except for those of us who might consider it enjoyable in our free-time to help out.

~Kuhblam

SuRroundeD By 1
09-11-2011, 08:51 PM
So we may have a few members willing to go and create a BF3 war-sim affiliated with but not a part of FC? I absolutly know nothing about making a website, the closest I'm getting so far is my Comp-App's II Web design class and I just started working with HTML. However if we could get a website up and running I'm all for helping you guys with the rest.

All I have seen in this forum is true so far, we shouldn't split the FC Halo community up, however we can make another site affiliated with FC. What Eagle said about Battlefield is true when it comes to more people wanting a War-Sim, the workings for one are already there (faction specific weapons and vehicles). I'll start a thread on the BF3 forums and see if the idea catches on (not recruiting but asking if they think the idea would be interesting). Of course these two games wouldn't interfere with eachother, practice for FC Halo, and BF3 would be on different days, also with Battle nights, this way FC members could play both war-sims without problem, it would work fluidly.

GhostHammer
09-11-2011, 09:01 PM
I think it's a very cool idea. But there's flaws.

At this time, nor in the future, would we be willing to support two fully-fledged war simulation systems on different games.

FC, as stated, is a gaming community centered around the Halo franchise. We will not be switching the current series of choice unless some majorly dramatic catastrophe occurs.

Feel free to create your own "side-wars" as you please. Cake vs. Pie, CoD Theme, all are acceptable. Just don't be expecting logistical or technical support from FC Administration except for those of us who might consider it enjoyable in our free-time to help out.

~Kuhblam

QFT

bazongaman502
09-11-2011, 09:32 PM
im down to build a BF war-sim community....

But why not do this... Create another website for the BF community, then also promote FC on it, also FC would do the same... it helps spread the word without actually having to go far into depth with someone about onething if they really aren't interested.. let them make the move if they want.

If i knew how to make a website, id set one up starting now, but i cant... cuz idk how lol

I want to do this and will partake in this oppertunity

VerbotenDonkey
09-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I could get Metkil to do it. ;)

Navarro0507
09-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Well gentlemen,

Let me start by saying that I am not trying to steal away anyone. I know that FC is a Halo community first and foremost, and the ForeRunners have put in a rediculous amount of work into thier community. I would like to know how that feels so:

BF3 is where I'm heading, I haven't the slightest on how to "run" a forum website but I am definately going to give it a try. If any of you gentlemen are willing to give a hand I will be infinately greatful for the help. I have been doing research on hosting, templates, and the game itself. I have already devised a pretty interesting back story to the "war" and basically would be looking for someone to help me (in the form of teaching me) how to "run" the administrative side of the forum itself... As of right now the ones of you that are still on my friends list see me on BFBC2 which is where I've been gearing up for BF3... Hit me up on XBL if your willing to give me a hand, or suggestions.

And I have never shied away from giving credit where credit is due so I wouldn't mind tipping the cap to FC for the help...

NAV

bazongaman502
09-12-2011, 02:39 PM
so now we have two war sims for BF3 going up? lol... uh oh... now its a fight lol

VerbotenDonkey
09-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Well gentlemen,

Let me start by saying that I am not trying to steal away anyone. I know that FC is a Halo community first and foremost, and the ForeRunners have put in a rediculous amount of work into thier community. I would like to know how that feels so:

BF3 is where I'm heading, I haven't the slightest on how to "run" a forum website but I am definately going to give it a try. If any of you gentlemen are willing to give a hand I will be infinately greatful for the help. I have been doing research on hosting, templates, and the game itself. I have already devised a pretty interesting back story to the "war" and basically would be looking for someone to help me (in the form of teaching me) how to "run" the administrative side of the forum itself... As of right now the ones of you that are still on my friends list see me on BFBC2 which is where I've been gearing up for BF3... Hit me up on XBL if your willing to give me a hand, or suggestions.

And I have never shied away from giving credit where credit is due so I wouldn't mind tipping the cap to FC for the help...

NAV

I'll hit you up on the offer sometime. Might be doing BF3 on a PC though =( Which make make for a better war-sim anyway, but I'd be willing to do both.

Navarro0507
09-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Nah Bazonga,

It was always my intention on running a site on a "REAL" war game. Logistically speaking Halo has made it much easier with the map editing process, but it's not to say it couldn't be done on another title... Since Modern Warfare is basically selling another MW+3 (or the same product) Battlefield has caught my attention... Plus VEHICLES!!! Bigger servers too. There isn't anything impeding us from making it a collaborative effort. Hit me up on XBL and we could talk, maybe it might be something that interests you...

bazongaman502
09-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Nah Bazonga,

It was always my intention on running a site on a "REAL" war game. Logistically speaking Halo has made it much easier with the map editing process, but it's not to say it couldn't be done on another title... Since Modern Warfare is basically selling another MW+3 (or the same product) Battlefield has caught my attention... Plus VEHICLES!!! Bigger servers too. There isn't anything impeding us from making it a collaborative effort. Hit me up on XBL and we could talk, maybe it might be something that interests you...

i think you missinturprited what i said lol... (read my posts really quick)

im trying to start up a BF3 War sim... what i was saying:

so now we have two war sims for BF3 going up? lol... uh oh... now its a fight lol

If your starting one and im starting one, then we have two War-Sims that might see each other further down the road

Navarro0507
09-12-2011, 03:45 PM
I'll hit you up on the offer sometime. Might be doing BF3 on a PC though =( Which make make for a better war-sim anyway, but I'd be willing to do both.

I would admit the PC version would be easier, but unfortunately I'm just a dumb console guy...lol. I'm working on what I can just looking for a few other guys to launch it.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Its not even worth the argument. Like ghost said, we have always been and always will be a Halo based community.

Is it a bad idea? Of course not! Hell, I'd jump for joy if that happened. But with the Forerunner Conflict, its simply not going to happen. Feel free to try it yourself though. I'm sure you'll succeed just as well as the Apocalyptic Wars, Frontline Wars, Darkcity Wars, and the Halo 3 Celerian Wars ;)

VerbotenDonkey
09-12-2011, 03:52 PM
I would admit the PC version would be easier, but unfortunately I'm just a dumb console guy...lol. I'm working on what I can just looking for a few other guys to launch it.

Yeah well my laptop is going so I'm hoping to get a new one, but the specs for BF3 are rediculous, not sure if I would be able to run it. I would prefer the console version for a war-sim as well.

bazongaman502
09-12-2011, 04:13 PM
im gonna set up the war sim for consel... cuz, well... thats what im getting lol

d3ad1te
09-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I'll start a PC division.

VerbotenDonkey
09-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Anyone have any smarts with forums want to help Navarro and myself out? Is Invisionzone a good option? O.o

GhostHammer
09-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Its not even worth the argument. Like ghost said, we have always been and always will be a Halo based community.

Is it a bad idea? Of course not! Hell, I'd jump for joy if that happened. But with the Forerunner Conflict, its simply not going to happen. Feel free to try it yourself though. I'm sure you'll succeed just as well as the Apocalyptic Wars, Frontline Wars, Darkcity Wars, and the Halo 3 Celerian Wars ;)

ILU.

GhostHammer
09-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Also gentlemen, if you are going to discuss the idea of creating a new war-sim on BF3 please create a topic in the appropriate forum, Suggestions are for just that, and as stated, this suggestion will not happen with FC.

Closed.