PDA

View Full Version : Artillery Perk

VerbotenDonkey
09-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Howitzers
Cost: 3,000 cR, to move them x number of mobilities (more than one).
Effect: Must be used from an Allied control territory towards a map one space away. Simply put, a weaker version of an airstrike (perhaps only taking out five to ten percent of the troops on a map), which can't be destroyed by means of an Anti-Air Gun. It costs more to move the Artillery pieces, and they spawn on the Capital. They can be taken over if left on a map that is attacked by the enemy, but are simply destroyed if the map is attacked but defended successfully. If Howitzers are moved onto a Map that is being attacked by an enemy, it causes extra casualties to enemy forces once the battle is completed (perhaps same effect if a map is attack with Howitzers on that map?).

Comments/Critique? Maybe stacking of Howitzers to overlap effect, but only to a certain extent? Basically, it's like adding a different type of unit. Now, we have regular troops. Along with the troop counter, you would also be able to buy Howitzers, so it follows kind of the structure of the troop, where it has to move around the map.

Silko
09-16-2011, 03:36 AM
I think it is a good idea expect for the whole if we move a how a whatever to that map they get more casualties part.

Howitzers? LOL

GhostHammer
09-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Already have bombing raid, would need something to counter, seems a bit redundant to have another type of perk that does this.

Plus Howitzers are OLD school :P

VerbotenDonkey
09-16-2011, 03:13 PM
I think it is a good idea expect for the whole if we move a how a whatever to that map they get more casualties part.

Howitzers? LOL

Well think about it, the defending Army would have fire-support.

Already have bombing raid, would need something to counter, seems a bit redundant to have another type of perk that does this.

Plus Howitzers are OLD school :P

That's why it would do significantly less damage to troops. It's just sort of a chipper.

To both of you: I am oldschool haha. I /love/ Howitzers. Probably my favorite piece of military equipment behind the A10 Thunderbolt.

GhostHammer
09-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Well think about it, the defending Army would have fire-support.

That's why it would do significantly less damage to troops. It's just sort of a chipper.

To both of you: I am oldschool haha. I /love/ Howitzers. Probably my favorite piece of military equipment behind the A10 Thunderbolt.

Anything less than 50 isn't worth it.

VerbotenDonkey
09-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Hm true. But if used successfully for consecutive weeks, 30% can do just as good of a job.

GhostHammer
09-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Not worth the cost at the point.