PDA

View Full Version : Reach story lol.

RetRdidMunkie
10-05-2010, 07:16 PM
It's Ironic, the Elite FM that you fail to kill in the very first mission is also the elite that kills Kat and Emile....

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Unnamed_Sangheili_Field_M arshall

Lol. Kinda makes me wanna figure out how to kill it in the first mission...

KillaDawg360
10-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I dont remember seeing anyone shoot at Kat, other than the dumb bitch getting shot in the head and dropping.

Fiery Grave
10-05-2010, 07:25 PM
No way to confirm its the same FM though.

Gargoyle
10-05-2010, 07:32 PM
This is just a rumor I heard, so I have no proof and am most likely wrong, BUT I heard the first data pad within the Reach campaign is dropped if you kill that elite in the first part of the game. If you do he drops it, and you get to read it's glories wonders

HeavyArms
10-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Wrong Garg, Thats a total rumor.

Mythonian
10-05-2010, 08:04 PM
This is just a rumor I heard, so I have no proof and am most likely wrong, BUT I heard the first data pad within the Reach campaign is dropped if you kill that elite in the first part of the game. If you do he drops it, and you get to read it's glories wonders

There is a data pad that is dropped by that elite. However, that elite is not the FM that everyone else is talking about. The elite that drops the data pad is a Spec-Ops elite.

Fiery Grave
10-05-2010, 08:23 PM
There is a data pad that is dropped by that elite. However, that elite is not the FM that everyone else is talking about. The elite that drops the data pad is a Spec-Ops elite.

theres another one later in the level too... but hes harder to spot because he is out in the open... he is also an orange spec-op's

Yehsus
10-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Those data pads were very interesting...I remember my buddy ran across one when 4 of us were playing CO-OP Campaign the first night, couldnt make any sense of it.

I also just got lost reading the Halo wiki for an hour lol.

Blade bane
10-06-2010, 03:31 AM
The legendary disk states it was a zealot that killed Kat. Also, the article is going to be deleted due to the fact that it fails to cite any sources.

LocoCrazy
10-06-2010, 04:59 PM
So what you're telling me is that Emile got a killjoy on the fieldmarshall?

Gargoyle
10-06-2010, 06:39 PM
AH! Eat my non rumors Heavy! Really think about how Kat died though. I'm sorry but that was complete bullshit.

*SPOLIER ALERT for the three losers left in the world who haven't beat the game*

Right before Kat dies, Jun reports that a mass of covenant ships are moving away. Right away the rest of the spartans know that's strange because to Elites, retreating is "dishonorable". So if the covies were retreating so the big bomb type thing went off, why the hell was there just a random phantom out in the middle of that blast. It shouldn't been blown to kingdom come. Plus the fact that the needle rifle isn't a sniper. WHERE THE HELL WERE HER SHIELDS AT BUNGIE? I mean, yes that blast totally could've knocked out her shields but they had more than enough time to recharge. I swear they were just like "Wait. What about Kat?" "Oh yeah........fuck it just make her fall down"

AftershocK
10-07-2010, 04:30 PM
yea that was a bonehead move on bungies part to make kat die like that

RaZ Vader
10-07-2010, 05:16 PM
The game was rushed. Granted, it still is a great game, but SOOOO many things could have been done better.. maybe I will make a topic on my opinions of the game.. it would be a wall of test. But I agree with kat's death...

Yehsus
10-07-2010, 06:14 PM
The game was rushed. Granted, it still is a great game, but SOOOO many things could have been done better.. maybe I will make a topic on my opinions of the game.. it would be a wall of test. But I agree with kat's death...

What the fudge is a wall of test?

zZ Dr K Zz
10-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Not sure, but hopefully we can place bets on it.

Maxdoggy
10-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Spartans have to manually activate their shields for them to work. This is so they can communicate and have relations with people outside of their armors. Shields only work with the helmet on. When Kat finally put her helmet on (I believe it was on the lift), she was supposedly too concerned about how they were going to escape to activate her shields, thus getting head-shotted by a Needle Riffle when she was spewing tactical data.

Supposedly.

KillaDawg360
10-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Maxdoggy u r make sense. Indeed, it could have very well been that way, but I think most people are bummed out because everyone else had a death where they went down blowing something up or fighting. Kat dropped like a bad habit (I never understood that, bad habits are hard to get rid of).

RaZ Vader
10-07-2010, 09:00 PM

Sorry meant wall of "TEXT"

Fiery Grave
10-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Spartans have to manually activate their shields for them to work. This is so they can communicate and have relations with people outside of their armors. Shields only work with the helmet on. When Kat finally put her helmet on (I believe it was on the lift), she was supposedly too concerned about how they were going to escape to activate her shields, thus getting head-shotted by a Needle Riffle when she was spewing tactical data.

Supposedly.

That doesn't seem likely, the shields were advanced enough to be able to handle objects with out effecting how they handle things with their hands/feet the only time it would be off is when the helmet is disconnected... maybe not even then. the spartans often stuck to their group instead of socializing with other marine so they wouldn't often take their armor off around others... relationships are not factors for spartans.

LocoCrazy
10-08-2010, 09:34 AM
*sniff sniff* I smell fanboys in the air.

Seriously, who gives a fuck about activating shields. everybody doesnt know that and Im sure as hell not everybody gives two shits. Kat's death was lame.

End of story.

Fiery Grave
10-08-2010, 10:45 AM
*sniff sniff* I smell fanboys in the air.

Seriously, who gives a fuck about activating shields. everybody doesnt know that and Im sure as hell not everybody gives two shits. Kat's death was lame.

End of story.

Loco we are trying to figure out why she died with 1 shot when she should have been fine.... its not like you wouldn't do the same thing if the main character in killzone 3 dies in a really shitty and confusing way

LocoCrazy
10-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Here is why she died with 1 shot.

Its a game. it was supposed to be dramatic.

And they all lived happily ever after.

zZ Dr K Zz
10-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Loco we are trying to figure out why she died with 1 shot when she should have been fine.... its not like you wouldn't do the same thing if the main character in killzone 3 dies in a really shitty and confusing way
Haha. That is so true. It would be that way if this was related to Killzone 3.

Gargoyle
10-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Good point Firery =). Also, does anyone know what happened to Jun?

AftershocK
10-09-2010, 06:00 PM
i was wondering the same thing...it never said what happened to him lol

HeavyArms
10-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Hes with Doc H. Im not to sure, where she is. But yep.

LocoCrazy
10-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Fiery Grave:

But it did happen. You see me bitching and sherlock holmesing that shit? No.

Fiery Grave
10-09-2010, 07:32 PM
But it did happen. You see me bitching and sherlock holmesing that shit? No.
you've played killzone 3? I thought you were going to die before you got to play it, yet you have it early... and then your not a true fan of the story.

and jun dies some where between the end of reach and the book first strike

LocoCrazy
10-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Use proper english....no idea what point (if any) you were trying to get through....My point is this;

Sorry im not a fanboy of halo. Maybe if Bungie wasnt lazy then I might be. I understand you are a fanboy and you think you must know ever inch of the gad damn thing...but some fictitious chick got shit on by a fictitious alien doesnt need to be sherlock holmesed.

zZ Dr K Zz
10-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Use proper english....no idea what point (if any) you were trying to get through....My point is this;

Sorry im not a fanboy of halo. Maybe if Bungie wasnt lazy then I might be. I understand you are a fanboy and you think you must know ever inch of the gad damn thing...but some fictitious chick got shit on by a fictitious alien doesnt need to be sherlock holmesed.
Your so cute when your jealous.

HeavyArms
10-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Wow, arguing over a fucking character death..

zZ Dr K Zz
10-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Wow, pointing out the fucking obvious.

II Recanz II
10-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Wow, way to argue over a video game. lol

Gargoyle
10-10-2010, 12:37 AM
If I paid 60 bucks for a damn CD sized piece o' shat, damn sure I'm gonna have the rights to argue oversomething

KillaDawg360
10-10-2010, 05:45 AM
I don't understand Fiery. End of reach by bungie standards, First Strike Halo Reality?

Fiery Grave
10-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't understand Fiery. End of reach by bungie standards, First Strike Halo Reality?

I don't get your question, but jun is not with halsey when the chief saves her, they are the last one on the planet and some of the few survivors... Jun was ordered to protect her and unless he died he would be disobeying orders, and chances are he wouldn't be re assigned from halsey as they are not likely to have much of a command line left as well as they wouldn't send a single spartan on anything but assassination run in the situation reach is in now

KillaDawg360
10-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Sorry i actually misread your comment bro, I get it all now

Blade bane
10-11-2010, 07:08 AM
According to the Halo: Reach legendary commentary apparently, Bungie stated that Jun is still alive. Guess no one gave enough of a shit to mention him throughout the rest of the story lol.

LocoCrazy
10-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Wow, way to argue over a video game. lol

Look at the bigger picture turrent boy.

Andimion
10-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Jun escapes with Dr Catherine Halsey from Reach and survives for the time being. But later on dies in the line of duty protecting Dr. Halsey. I now command all you kids to stop fighting about it and go read the fucking books. If you have and are still fighting, http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm213/KratosAndimion/ari-gtfo.gif because you obviously didnt read them properly.. Stop ruining the beautiful story that this universe has created with your petty point of views..

II Recanz II
10-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Look at the bigger picture turrent boy.

smell that? I smell a possible gamertag. :)

Fiery Grave
10-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Jun escapes with Dr Catherine Halsey from Reach and survives for the time being. But later on dies in the line of duty protecting Dr. Halsey. I now command all you kids to stop fighting about it and go read the fucking books. If you have and are still fighting, http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm213/KratosAndimion/ari-gtfo.gif because you obviously didnt read them properly.. Stop ruining the beautiful story that this universe has created with your petty point of views..

which book was this in?

AftershocK
10-11-2010, 04:06 PM
lawl.

Andimion
10-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Read them all and find out.

Mi Boys Dinner
10-11-2010, 04:49 PM

Obvious statement is obvious. :D

Stupid Jun, having his death put temporary on hold. :P

zZ Dr K Zz
10-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Who cares about Jun? He was the most the bland, boring character in the whole game. It was like I was playing with a piece of cardboard on his mission.

Hmm, that gives me an idea.

Fiery Grave
10-11-2010, 07:15 PM

Well in he isn't in the first strike so tell me, I have read every other one except those new re makes

Gargoyle
10-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Lol Kratos you really like that gif don't cha.

I'm sorry Freak, but anything is better than a gamertag devoted to recon.

And I've read almost all of the books. There are a few I haven't read so I would like to know which specific book its in as well.

Fiery Grave
10-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Lol Kratos you really like that gif don't cha.

I'm sorry Freak, but anything is better than a gamertag devoted to recon.

And I've read almost all of the books. There are a few I haven't read so I would like to know which specific book its in as well.

hit, its not in a book.... Kartos has no Idea what he is talking about

Andimion
10-11-2010, 10:09 PM
hit, its not in a book.... Kartos has no Idea what he is talking about

XD No I did know it wasnt in a book, I own them all and have read them right before Reach came out. I was just trying to get you guys to shut te fuck up. Thanks Fiery for fuckin it up.. Now ya'll gona keep up this shit. It never says anywhere if he dies or not because he is part of the Spartan-lll program, not the Spartan-ll program. All the books ( excluding Onyx ) are the stories of John and the Spartan-lls. In Onyx which is the program that created Jun and Noble ( excluding the big man ) and in the book itself states that all Spartan's of that program are MIA except the ones that escaped with Dr Halsey and Kelly into the Shield Dimension created by the Forerunners to escape the flood and the Halo rings blasts. My memory is a little foggy on Onyx because I didnt get to read all of it again before Reach came out. There might possibly be a passage somewhere in ending half that states that all spartans are whipped out except the ones that are off planet on missions. But that doesnt hold well for Jun seeing how he should be with Halsey. So most come to the conclusion that he died getting her there. Jun is a ghost character, he was created for Halo: Reach the game and technically has no weight on the story right now. Where he is and where he is going has no play. We all know how it ends, this was a shot from the start. Stop trying to twist your mind around something that doesnt matter. I liked Jun aswell, but he completed his mission, where he is now has no consequence.

Fiery Grave
10-11-2010, 10:39 PM
XD No I did know it wasnt in a book, I own them all and have read them right before Reach came out. I was just trying to get you guys to shut te fuck up. Thanks Fiery for fuckin it up.. Now ya'll gona keep up this shit. It never says anywhere if he dies or not because he is part of the Spartan-lll program, not the Spartan-ll program. All the books ( excluding Onyx ) are the stories of John and the Spartan-lls. In Onyx which is the program that created Jun and Noble ( excluding the big man ) and in the book itself states that all Spartan's of that program are MIA except the ones that escaped with Dr Halsey and Kelly into the Shield Dimension created by the Forerunners to escape the flood and the Halo rings blasts. My memory is a little foggy on Onyx because I didnt get to read all of it again before Reach came out. There might possibly be a passage somewhere in ending half that states that all spartans are whipped out except the ones that are off planet on missions. But that doesnt hold well for Jun seeing how he should be with Halsey. So most come to the conclusion that he died getting her there. Jun is a ghost character, he was created for Halo: Reach the game and technically has no weight on the story right now. Where he is and where he is going has no play. We all know how it ends, this was a shot from the start. Stop trying to twist your mind around something that doesnt matter. I liked Jun aswell, but he completed his mission, where he is now has no consequence.

you do realize the real topic in this thread is really kat's death right. I don't think anyone was arguing over juns disappearance between reach and the first strike

Maxdoggy
10-11-2010, 11:02 PM
I think Bungie has some DLC that'll expand Jun's story. Bungie has been very tight-lipped about DLC (especially before launch, not even saying Map Packs existed). They have said that there will be map packs (there always are) and I think it'd be cool if they popped out this epilogue to the epilogue that has you play as Jun to see how he dies (like fending off the Covenant in a balls-to-the-wall match like Noble 6's). It'd have to be more epic though, which, knowing Bungie, probably couldn't be pulled off. =(

Andimion
10-11-2010, 11:18 PM
you do realize the real topic in this thread is really kat's death right. I don't think anyone was arguing over juns disappearance between reach and the first strike

Actually the topic is about a Covy FM that you failed to kill and kills off most of your Noble team. Jun not being killed by this FM is as good as Kat being, in a very silly manner, killed by him. So both are equally able to be branched off. Therefor please kind sir, go sit quietly in the corner as it seems you are trying to start a flame war.

Not to mention you clearly asked for the information I gave you about Jun. Why ask then when you get the info throw it back in my face and tell me to stay on topic? Take your own advice.

Fiery Grave
10-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Actually the topic is about a Covy FM that you failed to kill and kills off most of your Noble team. Jun not being killed by this FM is as good as Kat being, in a very silly manner, killed by him. So both are equally able to be branched off. Therefor please kind sir, go sit quietly in the corner as it seems you are trying to start a flame war.

Not to mention you clearly asked for the information I gave you about Jun. Why as then when you get the info throw it back in my face and tell me to stay on topic? Take your own advice.

Wow way to contort my words against me.... now I have to explain what I meant

This topic started as the supposed FM (which was really a zealot) that killed kat is the same one that escaped at the beginning, we agree on this. but then the discussion moves towards Kat's really stupid death, then someone ask the question on what happened to jun... it was answered and settled then you posted your comment that threw those of us who read the books off then we questioned you then you posted the long post about trying to get people to shut up about something no one was talking about anymore.

then my post was saying that your entire elaborate scheme had nothing to do about what people were focusing on and that our main point of interest was kats death and jun was just a small detour that no one was arguing over and you made into a bigger deal than it was. It is in no way trying to start a flame war, I wasn't attacking you, I wasn't throwing out insults at people, it in no way resembles anything that starts a flame war. The fact that you have thrown comments about the person and used more vulgar language than I have makes your post more likely to cause a flame war. So please pay attention more

Also I would like to point out I asked for no information about Jun as I know he died at reach, the only information I asked for was which book you were getting your source from about your little scheme and pointed out it doesn't exist & then you admitted you were lying and trying to deceive people about, which is never a good Idea

Andimion
10-11-2010, 11:47 PM
There was so many wholes in your rant that I skipped ahead to inform you that, it was you that asked, it was me that answered. Also, once again.. Dont know if you caught this..

I asked for no information about Jun as I know he died at reach

Guess not.. Allow me to clear things up.. Again.. Jun does not die in Reach, he escapes with Halsey.. I would like to direct you to my previous post pertaining to him being a Ghost character for the time being in the story. Now, would you kindly pay more attention?

AftershocK
10-11-2010, 11:49 PM
flame war. close topic.

zZ Dr K Zz
10-11-2010, 11:50 PM
I think Bungie has some DLC that'll expand Jun's story. Bungie has been very tight-lipped about DLC (especially before launch, not even saying Map Packs existed). They have said that there will be map packs (there always are) and I think it'd be cool if they popped out this epilogue to the epilogue that has you play as Jun to see how he dies (like fending off the Covenant in a balls-to-the-wall match like Noble 6's). It'd have to be more epic though, which, knowing Bungie, probably couldn't be pulled off. =(
No.

Andimion
10-11-2010, 11:50 PM
flame war. close topic.

Hence me telling him to sit in the corner quietly.. *sigh*

Fiery Grave
10-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Hence me telling him to sit in the corner quietly.. *sigh*

Please read over my post again, he doesn't die during Reach (the game), he dies at Reach (the planet). you seemed to miss the main points and focused on the one little extra note. And I would love for you to point out those holes in my argument.

He and halsey escape SWORD base and head towards CASTLE base, at CASTLE base halsey is forced to lock herself in her lab (meaning something bad was going on outside) she then gets escorted out of CASTLE base by several Spartan II's which they then narrowly escaped Reach when the chief saved them. Halsey then takes Kelly and a ship towards Onyx. In neither of these books is Jun mentioned (except generally when talking about training the companies of SIII's) and it is not likely that Jun would have been reassigned as Halsey has great connection, especially involving Spartans, and that reach's ground command structure would likely have been all but destroyed. He is also listed MIA: Battle of Reach. HE DIED AT REACH (THE PLANET).

and no this isn't a flame war at all, do you even know what a flame war is? it when people start throwing insults around at people and do not address the current argument. A flame war is like a digital jerry springer episode, this is at worst slightly off topic. And kratos you realize it takes 2 to have a flame war? its just as easy for you to stop responding if your feeling this is a flame war.

RetRdidMunkie
10-15-2010, 03:14 PM
*sigh*
I love how everything here turns into a dick measuring contest....

...we all know mine is bigger, so play nice kiddies. ^_^