PDA

View Full Version : Tour of Duty Ribbon

VerbotenDonkey
09-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Tour of Duty Ribbon
Requirements: Participate in at least Three Wars.

I thought why the hell not. We have years in the community as a ribbon, why not have one for Wars as well. Thoughts?

Nocte
09-19-2011, 11:22 AM
I am completely for this!

silversleek
09-19-2011, 11:52 AM
working on war 2/3. let's do this.

RaZ Vader
09-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Love it, nice donkey

Scarekro
09-19-2011, 12:52 PM
I want it.

Blackhawk570
09-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Good i'dere

Mythonian
09-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Hmm... I don't oppose it, but I don't see any difference from the years ones... All it does is measure the time that someone has been here, except by wars instead of years... =/

Captain Poder
09-19-2011, 01:34 PM
just realised ive been here for 3

Scarekro
09-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Hmm... I don't oppose it, but I don't see any difference from the years ones... All it does is measure the time that someone has been here, except by wars instead of years... =/

Well someone can have the Veteran ribbon and never set foot on the battlefield.

Mythonian
09-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Who would be in this community for 3+ years without participating!? xD Even the people who are here now but not participating have participated in the past...

Anyway, I don't oppose it, I just think it's superfluous.

VerbotenDonkey
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Im just trying to make a difference between community and war sim. You can boost it to five wars if you want, that might be more prestige. P.S. Dinner hasnt XP

GhostHammer
09-19-2011, 03:02 PM
I do agree with Myth, kind already have it, but I'm down, dosn't bother me. I'd have it a few times over if it goes into play :P

Edit: MAJOR LIGHTBULB MOMENT

What if we did it based on Community Names. For example, each Ribbon would be for a tour in the wars for the community, these would be the ribbons...

RvB
RvBR
FC
FCRB
FCRV

Each community name change creates a new ribbon, and anyone serving in each "Era" will get said ribbon.

VerbotenDonkey
09-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Hmm that's an interesting thought. I was trying to think of Ribbons that could be achieved by anyone, but that might work too. Sort of like a memorial sort of Ribbon to display past Tours. You get my vote.

GhostHammer
09-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Hmm that's an interesting thought. I was trying to think of Ribbons that could be achieved by anyone, but that might work too. Sort of like a memorial sort of Ribbon to display past Tours. You get my vote.

I was just thinking one or two wars is pretty easy to get, if we bumped it to 5 it's pretty much what I posted above, so figured why not give it a little community flare?

Donkey + Ghost for Prez!

VerbotenDonkey
09-19-2011, 03:15 PM
I was just thinking one or two wars is pretty easy to get, if we bumped it to 5 it's pretty much what I posted above, so figured why not give it a little community flare?

Donkey + Ghost for Prez!

True, but I was thinking that the new recruits just joining would have another Ribbon to work for. But I suppose that we could keep expanding it if we keep making new community names (which I'm against but it's up to Forerunners I suppose).

Haha definately, I'll get started on making some Presidential banners for our campaign. I have too much time at College ^_^

GhostHammer
09-19-2011, 03:17 PM
WOOHOO! Prez here we come!

Well I think the name changes are good, keeping Forerunner Conflict and changing the ending part, infact with the new, oh yes, oh yes, muahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha!

P.S. We'd need GFX pplz if Forerunners approve this.

VerbotenDonkey
09-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I think the name changing parts take away from memories, like it would be hard to remember all of the suffixes. That's just me though, it was hard enough to remember which FC numbers related to which War like 1, 2, 3, etc. Like were you guys thinking about changing suffixes after EVERY war completes?

And yeah we will. How are we going to split up campaign ribbons into pictures?

GhostHammer
09-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Name changes are normally between 2-4 wars, all depends really, nothing is really set in stone there. Images can be simple like what we have, no need to be too fancy.

Kuhblam
09-19-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm with Mythonian. This ribbon is totally and utterly redundant. I don't mean to sound offensive, as you have your mind in the right place, but such a ribbon in my eyes is something used to cut corners for recognition.

~Kuhblam

Deathhawk
09-19-2011, 04:25 PM
I do agree with Myth, kind already have it, but I'm down, dosn't bother me. I'd have it a few times over if it goes into play :P

Edit: MAJOR LIGHTBULB MOMENT

What if we did it based on Community Names. For example, each Ribbon would be for a tour in the wars for the community, these would be the ribbons...

RvB
RvBR
FC
FCRB
FCRV

Each community name change creates a new ribbon, and anyone serving in each "Era" will get said ribbon.

This is a great idea!
"FC" is kinda two different sections though, FC 1-3 and then FC 3-3-4 (The period towards the end of H3 where NO ONE WON. We ended like 3 wars, and eventually settled on a HC battle resulting in a red win, some classify it as FC3, but I'd say it's FC4. I think you may have wrote that as FCRB.

We should change the name for Halo 4. I still love Forerunner Conflict, and think we should keep it, but something that isn't FC and then an "R". The "R"s get repetitive and non-distinguishable.

GhostHammer
09-19-2011, 04:39 PM
FCRB is Forerunner Conflict Reborn, jeez get your history right.

Scarekro
09-19-2011, 05:28 PM

YES!!!!!

VerbotenDonkey
09-19-2011, 05:31 PM
That might clutter things up

Scarekro
09-19-2011, 05:36 PM
EDIT: Better idea. By era, try games instead of by FC names. Like I'd get a ribbon for Halo: Reach. Gargoyle would get a ribbon for Halo 3 AND Halo: Reach. Participate in a war during a particular game, you get a ribbon for that game's era in the wars.

VerbotenDonkey
09-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Well look at Ghost's ribbons. Things are already cluttered. XP

And he has eleven wars fought. Imagine another five or six ribbons. Should we be thinking of a new ribbon system if we're going to continue to brainstorm new ribbons, so it doesnt clutter?

GhostHammer
09-19-2011, 06:01 PM
EDIT: Better idea. By era, try games instead of by FC names. Like I'd get a ribbon for Halo: Reach. Gargoyle would get a ribbon for Halo 3 AND Halo: Reach. Participate in a war during a particular game, you get a ribbon for that game's era in the wars.

YES!

Ribbon - Halo 2
Ribbon - Halo 3
Ribbon - Halo Reach

PERFECT! Still reflects Era's faught in without clutter, helps people see who are vets of what Era's, and recognizes people who complete era's as veterens.

Killing like 3 birds with one stone.

VerbotenDonkey
09-19-2011, 06:21 PM
That's perfect. I like it.

Scarekro
09-22-2011, 01:48 PM

Any new opinions on this? I'd really like to see it happen.

VerbotenDonkey
09-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Still think it should be a bit harder to get, but the concept fits.

HeavyArms
09-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Yay I get the Halo 3 ribbon. XD Where are said ribbons located so I cans look at them.

Acid
09-22-2011, 03:37 PM
YES!

Ribbon - Halo 2
Ribbon - Halo 3
Ribbon - Failed Game Community (Those who were there when we did this would get it.)
Ribbon - Halo Reach

PERFECT! Still reflects Era's faught in without clutter, helps people see who are vets of what Era's, and recognizes people who complete era's as veterens.

Killing like 3 birds with one stone.
Fixed.

GhostHammer
09-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Yay I get the Halo 3 ribbon. XD Where are said ribbons located so I cans look at them.

On your posts, under your user title and above your usergroup.

Foehammer
09-22-2011, 05:53 PM
This sounds like a good idea, it shouldn't clutter things up too much.

Gargoyle
09-22-2011, 06:54 PM
So I get halo 3, halo reach, and....modern warfare 2?

Deathhawk
09-22-2011, 07:54 PM
So I get halo 3, halo reach, and....modern warfare 2?

Meh, we never completed the war. So I don't think we should bother

GhostHammer
09-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Halo only guys :P

HeavyArms
09-22-2011, 08:06 PM
I meant where is the giant list of ribbons. -_-

GhostHammer
09-22-2011, 08:11 PM
I meant where is the giant list of ribbons. -_-

OH! LOL xD

Rules & Regulations Section, thread called "Ribbon List"

Mythonian
09-22-2011, 08:13 PM
These "Tour of Duty" ribbons aren't official, and aren't on that list. (If you were trying to look for them).

Gargoyle
09-22-2011, 08:21 PM
IDK, i think we should include that failed war cuz it shows that the people there tried to put some time into it

GhostHammer
09-23-2011, 04:59 AM
IDK, i think we should include that failed war cuz it shows that the people there tried to put some time into it

FC is a Halo based community, CoD was an attempt to brannch off and it failed miserably, therefore no signifigance in our communities timeline.

Gargoyle
09-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Maybe not timeline wise, but it shows that people at least attempted to step to this new challenge. That can at least be commemerated.

GhostHammer
09-23-2011, 07:04 PM
FC is Halo based. Stepping up should always be comended, but people don't celebrate things that fail.

Fuzzy
09-23-2011, 07:23 PM
FC is Halo based. Stepping up should always be comended, but people don't celebrate things that fail.

This is true, we want to recognize people for their time and effort placed in successful wars rather than advertising our faults.

Kuhblam
09-24-2011, 08:48 AM
I'll just sort this out. There will be NO ribbon celebrating the CoD mini-wars branch off. It failed, ergo we don't celebrate just as the above said.

The other ribbons, we will take a look at as a possibility.

~Kuhblam

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Who would be in this community for 3+ years without participating!? xD Even the people who are here now but not participating have participated in the past...

Anyway, I don't oppose it, I just think it's superfluous.

Lol Dinner would.

Vestige
09-25-2011, 12:12 PM
I think this is a good idea.