PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 Beta Launches on September 29

bazongaman502
09-20-2011, 12:33 PM
just like the title says... THE BETA IS HERE!!!!!... well, on the 29th (27th for the people that have the MoH LTD and people who pre-orderd the game on Origin.com)

heres the full post...

Battlefield 3 is looking rather lovely (assuming you enjoy the sight of soldier-based carnage) and is looking set to give Modern Warfare 3 a good fight for the hearts and trigger fingers of multiplayer gamers worldwide this holiday season.

From September 29, those looking forward to the game (or indeed those who are simply idly curious) will be able to check out the game for themselves thanks to the open multiplayer beta on all platforms.

The beta is set on the Paris-based Operation Metro map and follows the rules of the series' Rush mode. Two teams confront each other, with one tasked with defending various key strategic locations while the other assaults them.

Beta participants will also be able to get a sneak peek at the integrated social network for the game, Battlelog. EA will also be attempting to take the opportunity to get players to sign up for its Gun Club service, offering benefits to members when the game launches.

Those who have preordered the PC version via Origin will get early access to the beta on September 27. Similarly, those who preordered a Limited Edition pack of Medal of Honor will also receive early access on the same day. Eligible players should be receiving an email including instructions and an early access code soon.

PC users will have to contend with the Origin software if they want to take part in the beta, as this will be the only means through which the software will be distributed. EA also claims that Origin will be required to run the game as well as download it.

so... am i the only one going to be pissed the days till then are going to take FOREVER??!!!

lets hear your thoughts :tank:

artical from http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/223172/battlefield-3-beta-launches-on-september-29/

bazongaman502
09-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Offical Beta website... http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

RaZ Vader
09-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Meh, I can wait till it releases. But when it does, I will be playing the hell out of it on my Brand New Epic PC. Off topic question sorta. Does BF3 on PC allows you to use an Xbox 360 Controller?

bazongaman502
09-20-2011, 12:50 PM
idk, i heard theres controller like the 360 that work for the PC... im not sure tho... go look it up :)

bazongaman502
09-20-2011, 12:52 PM
here... i actually just found this

http://www.microsoft.com/nz/digitallife/gaming/how_to_connect_an_XBOX_36 0_controller_for_windows_ to_a_computer.mspx

its for XP, but im sure its not much different.. if at all

RaZ Vader
09-20-2011, 12:57 PM
I actually use a wired 360 controller to play halo 2 pc. So i was just wondering if BF3 would be able to do that as well. Thanks though

Blackhawk570
09-20-2011, 01:53 PM
I actually use a wired 360 controller to play halo 2 pc. So i was just wondering if BF3 would be able to do that as well. Thanks though

Yup it should work

Deathhawk
09-29-2011, 06:36 PM
This thread is now a discussion of BF3 Demo.

Which I am downloading, but am sure will be AWESOME

Silko
09-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Good job DICE not only are your Xbox servers down, half of the PC severs don't work and on top of that the game is glitchy and the UI and squad system is piss poor. Worst. Beta. Ever.

Fuzzy
09-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Good job DICE not only are your Xbox servers down, half of the PC severs don't work and on top of that the game is glitchy and the UI and squad system is piss poor. Worst. Beta. Ever.

Fun as hell though!

Silko
09-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Fun as hell though!

It doesn't matter if it is has the greatest game play ever if you can't get people into the game it isn't worth shit. Yes beta is meant to work out the problems of a game but when I look at Battlefield BC 2's squad system and then look at this I can't help but wonder WTF. Beta is also a place where people who are on the fence of buying this game can determine if they want to spend the money. Not being able to play is a HUGH deterrent. Until DICE gets its shit together I give this a thumbs down.

zZ Dr K Zz
09-29-2011, 09:54 PM
It's a beta.

If it didn't have problems then they wouldn't be doing a beta in the first place.

Metkil5685
09-29-2011, 10:25 PM
The only problem I have with the Beta is that they are forcing the new drivers for my video card in order to play. I swear I updated them a week ago, but I guess it's not enough. I'm only upset because it's downloading at 20KB/s.

PC players should add me on Origin/Battlelog. If you can't figure out my username, your an idiot.

d3ad1te
09-29-2011, 11:44 PM

I agree. Worst beta ever.

cCrisis
09-30-2011, 01:40 PM
A beta should be for polishing a final product, not to work out things that they should have already taken care of.

BF3 is stuck at the part were they are trying to get the game to actually work.

i am kind of disappointed to see a company as big as EA having problems like this. hopefully this isn't a sign of more problems when they actually release the final game.

bazongaman502
09-30-2011, 09:28 PM

its a Beta... nothing is perfect about it...

the reason the xbox servers crashed was because they were overloaded and they were doing work on it... you can even notice some of the changes

One. Of. The. Best. Beta's. Ever.

lol

bazongaman502
09-30-2011, 09:32 PM
remember you guys... When Reach's Beta came out, ALOT of things changed in the final product...

Also, they are doing work on the beta daily... iv noticed alot of the glitchy hiding spots have been taken care of and such since yesterday.... not every game can be perfect, we can wish that it is, but it wont be... still im loving the Beta and im gonna love the finnished product for sure

Acid
09-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Okay guys c'mon. Every Battlefield game had problems in the beta. They all also had problems for the first few weeks after launch. We gotta expect this stuff.

On the other hand. The Beta is A LOT of fun. Especially once you get past the first area. The subway station is my favorite part.

Edit: Also I think they're going to add another map later in the Beta because on the PC version you have to join via a website. And there's a Filter. The only two maps on the filter are "Operation Metro" and "Caspian Border".

bazongaman502
09-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Okay guys c'mon. Every Battlefield game had problems in the beta. They all also had problems for the first few weeks after launch. We gotta expect this stuff.

On the other hand. The Beta is A LOT of fun. Especially once you get past the first area. The subway station is my favorite part.

Edit: Also I think they're going to add another map later in the Beta because on the PC version you have to join via a website. And there's a Filter. The only two maps on the filter are "Operation Metro" and "Caspian Border".

im sure caspian boarder will be in the beta soon... its really what everyone wanted to play.... mainly the jets ;)

iFurrious
09-30-2011, 11:49 PM
So I played the beta tonight. I honostly have to say, I am disappointed. I thought I would like this game but I don't, I just don't. I probably won't get the game and just end up getting MW3.

bazongaman502
10-01-2011, 12:17 AM
So I played the beta tonight. I honostly have to say, I am disappointed. I thought I would like this game but I don't, I just don't. I probably won't get the game and just end up getting MW3.

whats wrong with it? the game is great... is it to glitchy? <-- its a beta, it has to be glitchy otherwise all of mankind will die... i dont see anything wrong with it, personally if i were to tell anyone just about to start playing battlefield, id tell them to play this first (its alot easier)... and then when they get better to go play BC2...

but seriously whats wrong with it??... i see zero flaws

iFurrious
10-01-2011, 03:21 AM
whats wrong with it? the game is great... is it to glitchy? <-- its a beta, it has to be glitchy otherwise all of mankind will die... i dont see anything wrong with it, personally if i were to tell anyone just about to start playing battlefield, id tell them to play this first (its alot easier)... and then when they get better to go play BC2...

but seriously whats wrong with it??... i see zero flaws

I really do not like the gameplay overall. It seems very clunky to me and it seems like there is a lot wrong with it. I know its a beta but the game is suppose to come out in not even a MONTH! The gameplay shouldn't be like this, this close to the release. Plus it may just be me and my tv but the graphics are not good at all. The game to me doesn't seem like it is a new game. It looks like it came out 5 years ago and it plays like it came out 5 years ago. I am just going to get MW3.

cCrisis
10-01-2011, 03:35 AM
I really do not like the gameplay overall. It seems very clunky to me and it seems like there is a lot wrong with it. I know its a beta but the game is suppose to come out in not even a MONTH! The gameplay shouldn't be like this, this close to the release. Plus it may just be me and my tv but the graphics are not good at all. The game to me doesn't seem like it is a new game. It looks like it came out 5 years ago and it plays like it came out 5 years ago. I am just going to get MW3.

i kind of feel the same way. i was overall not very impressed with the game but i will say it seems to be one of the first games that actually is realistic with the game play being like a real military situation.

Relapsive
10-01-2011, 07:24 AM
i dont really feel it is realistic i as well was very dissapointed with the beta because some of the things that happen are the sniper takes at least 3 shots to kill maybe more. I can do the exact same damage if i just put my gun on single shot. You can spawn on your teammate while hes in a big fire fight so your taking on one guy then all a sudden three other guys pop out of him thats a bit ridiculous. The shotgun can shoot pretty god damn far enough said there.

when you shoot a rocket some what near by your not shooting a rocket it looks like a fucking dud grenade. The m16 and m4 have the same ironsights and basically stats as well there both automatic so it has no difference besides class. The scopes for the weapons i hate i could go on more with the flaws, but im not going to, i dont know they possibly have been fixed after the first day i just stopped playing and said this shit is gay and definitively not buying it. Atleast mw3 snipers actually kill in 1 more 2 shots not freakin 3 or more.

VerbotenDonkey
10-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Beta seems fine to me. The RPGs glow when they are fired down the long hallways of the subway, the walls next to it light up as it passes by. That is just fucking awesome, I love what they did with that. It has it's downsides, like I threw a healthpack at a wall and it went through it. Also, somehow my team mate got underneath the level and then whenever anyone spawned on him they were stuck underneath the ground. These will most likely be patched, I'm not worried. They did state that the Sniper Rifle will NOT be a one hit kill, you'll have to earn your kills with headshots. I'm loving the game so far. The Assault Rifles and Carbines and wonderful at close range, and the long engages I have at the opening to the subway from the interior are amazing. The little things like having the rocket pods shoot off rockets at the start of the match are just amazing cosmetic touches that I give them props for.

I have utmost faith in DICE. They have churned out wonderful Battlefield titles and I'm positive BF3, their largest undertaking yet, will be just the same. It's going beyond what other companies are trying to do. Look at MW3, it's a straight ripoff of MW2. They didn't have to do much to it at all. DICE is changing a lot. For all the money that DICE has been piling into advertising and saying they'll make the best game of the year, I doubt that they'll have the outcome look like some of these glitches. I'm giving them my support in creating the best game of the year and finally topping the damn Modern Warfare crap.

Deathhawk
10-01-2011, 12:40 PM
The graphics are obviously not full-scale.
They can't include those graphics on a 1.3g download.

Same with Reach, and H3. Those' betas graphics were worse.

I agree with the gameplay being clunky, it very much so it. You get used to it eventually. Or, do what I do and only use shotguns.

VerbotenDonkey
10-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Actually it was a 1.3 MEGAbyte beta. I was so surprised, thats a really small beta. Could be attributing to the problems.

bazongaman502
10-01-2011, 01:17 PM
i think you guys are looking for the graphics that are shown for the PC if your playing it on the xbox or PS3... the grahics of course are going to be different, we (abox and PS3 people) are working with equipment thats 5+ years old, and it cant be change till the new xbox comes out or till the new PS3 comes out (which will be around the same time)... graphics are fine and possibly the best iv seen... the Frostbite 2 engine is amazing and the gameplay is great, its just easier for the newer players, which is the bad thing of course...

and i dont know if you guys have noticed, but alot of the glitches are dissapearing because they are working on it... there was one glitch in a rock where no one can kill you but you can still kill them... it was fixed within 24 hours...

Fuck Modern Warefare 3, its basically a title update to one of the worst CoD ever... nothing is changing about it....

So again, get used to it... BF3 is going to blow MW3 out of the water...

Also reasons the it sometimes says "cannot connect to EA servers" is because DICE is working on the bugs... come to October 10th and you be looking at the near end of the finnished product... not 2 days after the beta is released

bazongaman502
10-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Actually it was a 1.3 MEGAbyte beta. I was so surprised, thats a really small beta. Could be attributing to the problems.

1.3GB my friend... the finnished product will be over 10GB PER DISC... remember for the 360 its being released in two discs because of how much memory it will take

iFurrious
10-01-2011, 02:58 PM
i think you guys are looking for the graphics that are shown for the PC if your playing it on the xbox or PS3... the grahics of course are going to be different, we (abox and PS3 people) are working with equipment thats 5+ years old, and it cant be change till the new xbox comes out or till the new PS3 comes out (which will be around the same time)... graphics are fine and possibly the best iv seen... the Frostbite 2 engine is amazing and the gameplay is great, its just easier for the newer players, which is the bad thing of course...

and i dont know if you guys have noticed, but alot of the glitches are dissapearing because they are working on it... there was one glitch in a rock where no one can kill you but you can still kill them... it was fixed within 24 hours...

Fuck Modern Warefare 3, its basically a title update to one of the worst CoD ever... nothing is changing about it....

So again, get used to it... BF3 is going to blow MW3 out of the water...

Also reasons the it sometimes says "cannot connect to EA servers" is because DICE is working on the bugs... come to October 10th and you be looking at the near end of the finnished product... not 2 days after the beta is released

I think the graphics look plastic. Everything to me seems fake, it doesn't look real. Maybe its because it is such a small download for a beta but it just looks bad compared to other games. I don't mind the bugs or glitches because its a beta it will have some but the gameplay still seems clunky and not smooth at all. I am sure BF3 will do good but it won't do better than MW3. I think if any series can knock COD off the top Battlefield has the best chance, but they won't do it this year. I only have enough money to buy MW3 or BF3, and I am going MW3. I think people are way to harsh on COD. No they don't change a whole lot in there games but why change it if its soo good. Like some wise man once said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

VerbotenDonkey
10-01-2011, 03:45 PM
1.3GB my friend... the finnished product will be over 10GB PER DISC... remember for the 360 its being released in two discs because of how much memory it will take yeah lol my bad friend told me bad info

Blackhawk570
10-01-2011, 03:50 PM
If it was megabytes it would probably be a 2 sec download

VerbotenDonkey
10-01-2011, 04:12 PM
If it was megabytes it would probably be a 2 sec download. Get on beta now noob.

Blackhawk570
10-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Im at work plus I don't have the beta downloaded because I heard its really glitchy but I most definitely am getting bf3 though I have it preordered. Are you gonna be on reach tonight?

VerbotenDonkey
10-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Im at work plus I don't have the beta downloaded because I heard its really glitchy but I most definitely am getting bf3 though I have it preordered. Are you gonna be on reach tonight? yeah 8 for blue gamenight. It's not that bad it's fine to play. At matts playing it.

bazongaman502
10-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I think the graphics look plastic. Everything to me seems fake, it doesn't look real. Maybe its because it is such a small download for a beta but it just looks bad compared to other games. I don't mind the bugs or glitches because its a beta it will have some but the gameplay still seems clunky and not smooth at all. I am sure BF3 will do good but it won't do better than MW3. I think if any series can knock COD off the top Battlefield has the best chance, but they won't do it this year. I only have enough money to buy MW3 or BF3, and I am going MW3. I think people are way to harsh on COD. No they don't change a whole lot in there games but why change it if its soo good. Like some wise man once said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

haha, CoD is broke lol

quickscoping isnt real, people treat it like a shotgun... glitch spots EVERY WHERE, same guns, no variety, there always that one gun that beats all, its a run and gun, take zero skill and many other things...

I used to HATE CoD with a burning passion, but then i started to like it... and then i play battlefield and now i hate CoD all over again... the series is broken and is never fixed... MW3 is basically a title update of MW2...

i remember Activision even saing this around the time Black Opps came out and they said:

Hackers do ruin games, but we wont spend our money to try and stop them, instead we leave it to the platforms to do so

see, why would you want to play someones game that isnt going to try and stop hackers?... like look at Bungie with Reach... they cracked down hard, i believe it was the first month Reach came out like 5,000 people got banned... Activision is careless as long as they are making money...

only thing i like about CoD is the single player... thats it... i might buy MW3 just for it and hardly touch the multiplayer... only CoD game iv ever pristeged (however you spell it) in was Black Opps, only because its way to easy to rank up...

i plan on making a video for "Hate Mail Productions" dealing with "MW3 vs BF3"

iFurrious
10-01-2011, 06:16 PM
haha, CoD is broke lol

quickscoping isnt real, people treat it like a shotgun... glitch spots EVERY WHERE, same guns, no variety, there always that one gun that beats all, its a run and gun, take zero skill and many other things...

I used to HATE CoD with a burning passion, but then i started to like it... and then i play battlefield and now i hate CoD all over again... the series is broken and is never fixed... MW3 is basically a title update of MW2...

i remember Activision even saing this around the time Black Opps came out and they said:

see, why would you want to play someones game that isnt going to try and stop hackers?... like look at Bungie with Reach... they cracked down hard, i believe it was the first month Reach came out like 5,000 people got banned... Activision is careless as long as they are making money...

only thing i like about CoD is the single player... thats it... i might buy MW3 just for it and hardly touch the multiplayer... only CoD game iv ever pristeged (however you spell it) in was Black Opps, only because its way to easy to rank up...

i plan on making a video for "Hate Mail Productions" dealing with "MW3 vs BF3"

Thats why COD always sells the most games every year, thats why COD always has the most people playing it week in and week out. Obviousy they are doing something right, thats why people keep playing their games and thats why people keep buying their games. People don't just but COD games just because of the name. People are buying it and playing it. Ok just last week for the games that we most played, BO was #1, MW2 was #3, CoD 4 was #12, and WaW was #20. People still playing the COD games. Plus COD isn't a realistic shooter, its more of an arcade shooter.

But this thread isn't about COD so I'm done and lets get back on topic. I hope they fix a lot of things that are wrong with the beta. If so I might get BF3 for Christmas.

bazongaman502
10-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I hope they fix a lot of things that are wrong with the beta. If so I might get BF3 for Christmas.

theres fixes happening everyday the beta is out... everytime i seem to play it feels different (for the better)... idk nor understand what exactly the problem you guys are coming against, the graphics in HD are orgasmic, the sounds are amazing, Frostbite 2 is awesome, and the weapon choice is great (each side has different weapons... let alone the tatical light and lazer sight can blind the other players)...

this game is/is going to be awesome

zZ Dr K Zz
10-01-2011, 08:40 PM
yeah lol my bad friend told me bad info
You're so cute when your wrong :)

Is BF3 completely different from Bad Company 2? No. Battlefield is battlefield.

Call of Duty is Call of Duty.

It sucks that BF3 looks so terrible on the 360 compared to the PC version. The PC version is amazing looking.

But so far, that's all the game has going for it. It's just prettier with slight changes in gameplay. Is that a bad thing? Hell no, the game is still as fun as it's predecessors.

bazongaman502
10-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Is BF3 completely different from Bad Company 2? No. Battlefield is battlefield.

its a little different... to me, its easier for people who are just joining the BF group.... id tell new players to start on BF3, and then when they get better to go play BFBC2

Nocte
10-02-2011, 01:34 AM
BF has how big of maps? Oh thats right maps that make CoD maps look like a fucking room....

BF has a full scaled destruction engine, CoD has wooden boxes breaking and papers flying in the air when you shoot them.

CoD is hacker filled, because Activision doesn't give a shit about the money you pay for their games they just want money.

BF has dedicated servers that are nice and squeaky clean.

BF has how many weapons? CoD has like at most 25.....

BF has vehicles that are fucking awesome, CoD has a cheap ass chopper gunner that kills targets with you pushing a fucking button once....

This Beta is pure sex in a video game form, if you say the graphics suck then I lol at you. The beta isn't running it's full graphics capacity nor is it running full Frostbite 2.0. The game play seems "choppy" because of how big the maps are. It isn't just action action action action. You can flank and plan.

The M4 and M16's ironsights are the same.... Facepalm. You do realize they are basically the same weapon right. The M4 is simply a smaller version of the M16 hence M4 Carbine...

This is an open beta, for the world to test things to make sure things work perfectly fine when the game comes out. So what if the game comes out in a month?

At least this game makes me feel like I'm fighting a god damn war and not feel like I'm in the next big action movie....

CoD makes more because it tapped into the hipster kids who think gaming is cool because it is the "new" thing, when people like me and everyone in this community have been doing it for years because we find it enjoyable. If they sold the game saying hey buy this and in a year the multiplayer won't be playable because we don't give a shit about keeping our servers clean people wouldn't buy the game. Yet thats what has happened to every CoD after CoD 2.....

bazongaman502
10-02-2011, 01:45 AM
BF has how big of maps? Oh thats right maps that make CoD maps look like a fucking room....

BF has a full scaled destruction engine, CoD has wooden boxes breaking and papers flying in the air when you shoot them.

CoD is hacker filled, because Activision doesn't give a shit about the money you pay for their games they just want money.

BF has vehicles that are fucking awesome, CoD has a cheap ass chopper gunner that kills targets with you pushing a fucking button once....

This Beta is pure sex in a video game form, if you say the graphics suck then I lol at you. The beta isn't running it's full graphics capacity nor is it running full Frostbite 2.0. The game play seems "choppy" because of how big the maps are. It isn't just action action action action. You can flank and plan.

The M4 and M16's ironsights are the same.... Facepalm. You do realize they are basically the same weapon right. The M4 is simply a smaller version of the M16 hence M4 Carbine...

This is an open beta, for the world to test things to make sure things work perfectly fine when the game comes out. So what if the game comes out in a month?

At least this game makes me feel like I'm fighting a god damn war and not feel like I'm in the next big action movie....

CoD makes more because it tapped into the hipster kids who think gaming is cool because it is the "new" thing, when people like me and everyone in this community have been doing it for years because we find it enjoyable. If they sold the game saying hey buy this and in a year the multiplayer won't be playable because we don't give a shit about keeping our servers clean people wouldn't buy the game. Yet thats what has happened to every CoD after CoD 2.....

ding ding ding... we have a winner...

and look you guys, this beta was submitted to microsoft and sony about a month ago... they just finally gave the "ok" for it... so your playing a beta from like a month ago... microsoft and sony really fucked them hard... they were hoping to have it released at the beginning of september, but instead it wasnt till the near end... the finnished product will be different, just that there is gonna be a shit load of updates durring the first 2 months...

and like Eagle said, the graphics arent at full capacity... 1.3GB isnt enough for it... thats probably eough for the Frostbite 2 part of a disk, if even that.

trust me, you guys are looking at the lower parts of the game at the moment.... once the game comes out you guys will be like "OMGz, BF3 is sooooo awesome, i must go buy it" lol

keep your pre-orders... your making a mistake if you dont

AftershocK
10-02-2011, 02:37 AM
Its hard to see people

bazongaman502
10-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Its hard to see people

thats a good thing... its supposed to be realistic... kill the people in the open... but dont be that guy in the open

Deathhawk
10-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Can anybody acess the Battlelog? I'm having issues.

VerbotenDonkey
10-02-2011, 11:21 AM
CoD is an arcade shooter, you really cant compare the two.

iFurrious
10-02-2011, 11:39 AM

See thats the great thing, I can have my opinion and you can have yours.

bazongaman502
10-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Can anybody acess the Battlelog? I'm having issues.

yeah, im on it right now

http://battlelog.battlefield.com

bazongaman502
10-02-2011, 01:04 PM
See thats the great thing, I can have my opinion and you can have yours.

and Ballz, im not saying your wrong... its just invalid to me...

like you said:

I can have my opinion and you can have yours.

its just messed up to see people bashing a beta thats old... its over 2 moths old, and this isnt the final version

heres the Blog they posted that summerizes some of the changes they are going to do...

The amounts of people flocking to our Open Beta is fantastic! We are happy to see so many players enjoy this Open Beta, and giving us their valuable feedback on the experience on the Battlelog forums.

This blog post is the first in a series of posts that will outline some of the changes we are making in the final game thanks to your feedback and participation in the Open Beta.

Come back regularly and stay tuned to the Battlelog forums and the News section in Battlelog for daily news and updates from DICE on how your playing the Open Beta is helping us make the final game better.

A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1
(Not a complete list – for up to date news, visit the News section in Battlelog)
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".

heres the link: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

:)

zZ Dr K Zz
10-02-2011, 03:16 PM
and look you guys, this beta was submitted to microsoft and sony about a month ago... they just finally gave the "ok" for it... so your playing a beta from like a month ago... microsoft and sony really fucked them hard... they were hoping to have it released at the beginning of september, but instead it wasnt till the near end... the finnished product will be different, just that there is gonna be a shit load of updates durring the first 2 months...

So that explains why the 360 and PS3 have an older build of the game, but why does the PC have one as well?

Dice did the same thing with the MoH beta.

Of course in the MoH beta they actually let you play on a good map.

VerbotenDonkey
10-02-2011, 03:24 PM
So that explains why the 360 and PS3 have an older build of the game, but why does the PC have one as well?

Dice did the same thing with the MoH beta.

Of course in the MoH beta they actually let you play on a good map. you can play caspian border on PC =D. Metro is a bad representation of what Battlefield is.

zZ Dr K Zz
10-02-2011, 03:43 PM
you can play caspian border on PC =D. Metro is a bad representation of what Battlefield is.
Can you? I've tried. It was for internal testing and password protected.

Acid
10-02-2011, 04:54 PM
They gave the password out via twitter. But they only did it the first few days of the Beta. Then they stopped. I hope they open it up for PC players again, without a password.

zZ Dr K Zz
10-02-2011, 05:17 PM
I was curious why they gave us a beta map without vehicles in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfIu44N16kU&feature=feedf

Now I know why.

VerbotenDonkey
10-02-2011, 07:28 PM
I was curious why they gave us a beta map without vehicles in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfIu44N16kU&feature=feedf

Now I know why.

I've watched a ton of Caspian Border gameplays, and thats the first time I ever saw something like that O.o

bazongaman502
10-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Caspian was a test just for PC... Metro is a great map and i have yet to get tired of it... that video above was pretty dumb, it just showed the glitches that DICE is already working on

VerbotenDonkey
10-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Reason I love Battlefield, you'll have war stories to share for years. Like rushing in with your Squad, providing covering fire with a M249 extended mag, while everyone else takes the Conquest flag. Then my friend swoops in with a Blackhawk and picks us all up as we fly away into the sunset. Just things you'll remember cause it'll be completely epic. And you feel like you're part of a bigger war. Like while you'll be fighting for A in Rush, you'll look over and see two Squads battling it out for B while rockets fly into the sky (cosmetic effects if you played on Metro you can see it.). I just love how they made everything flow.

I <3 my support class. M249 with ACOG. <3

Vestige
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM
This was an okay beta. It's just worried, cause they expect to release full game at the end of the month. And they have not/are not releasing vehicles, there's only one map, one game type and a lot of bugs (falling through the map, tracers show (those white things when firing a gun).

VerbotenDonkey
10-02-2011, 08:58 PM
tracers show (those white things when firing a gun).

They're suppose to?

Vestige
10-02-2011, 09:05 PM
no "tracers" not tracer rounds. "Tracers" are what kills the person there "Invisible" objects that hit you. There a type of solid. Now! They don't disappear they stay in the game after you have shot. This allows the game to watch your shots to see if your hacking, and such. What do they look like? They look like a cloud of smoke after the person has shot their gun. But! It's not gun smoke it will stay in the air for a bit. Its really white and cloudy seen it?

zZ Dr K Zz
10-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Caspian was a test just for PC... Metro is a great map and i have yet to get tired of it... that video above was pretty dumb, it just showed the glitches that DICE is already working on
Jesus would you stop defending this game so damn much. I get it, you like battlefield. The video was supposed to be somewhat entertaining.

Operation Metro is like a map out of Call of Duty which would make it a decent map to play on, if it was in Call of Duty. It's not open enough in areas, it's just a corrider cone map. I spent most of the match just waiting in a hallway prone with my bipod and mowing people down.

And there are no vehicles what so ever. Seriously, it fucking Battlefield. I don't feel like I'm playing in a battlefield game without vehicles. It's the most boring map in the whole game and it is so damn quiet.

It is amazing that when they take vehicles off a map that it turns into a major campfest.

Reason I love Battlefield, you'll have war stories to share for years. Like rushing in with your Squad, providing covering fire with a M249 extended mag, while everyone else takes the Conquest flag. Then my friend swoops in with a Blackhawk and picks us all up as we fly away into the sunset. Just things you'll remember cause it'll be completely epic. And you feel like you're part of a bigger war. Like while you'll be fighting for A in Rush, you'll look over and see two Squads battling it out for B while rockets fly into the sky (cosmetic effects if you played on Metro you can see it.). I just love how they made everything flow.

Haven't had moments like that in BF3, but in BFBC2 me and a friend were playing Rush on Port Valdez. We had ten spawns left with one base left to get (B). We just fuck it, got on a mongoose and rushed to arm it. We managed to get there without getting blown up, arm it, and then hold of the other team.

None of what happened shouldn't of worked. We were more mad at the other team because they couldn't kill two people in the open.

I shot down a UAV that was high and far away in the sky with the main cannon of the tank. Gotta love optics :)

bazongaman502
10-02-2011, 09:25 PM
sir, im stating an opinion... dont like it? GTFO

Reason they took the vehical out was because it can only be in the opening point and that it was way to powerful... removing it was a smart idea and i respect it... again, dont like it? GTFO, quit complaining because you dont know how to "adapt" or get over your problems...

Metro is a good map... it is an open map, nothing like a CoD map... you should almost be ashamed to say that...

it covers all grounds, CQC, LRC, and MRC... show me a CoD map that does cover those things...

Im looking forword to the final version of Metro, hope to not hear any more people bitch about the petty problems they are coming across

Like while you'll be fighting for A in Rush, you'll look over and see two Squads battling it out for B while rockets fly into the sky (cosmetic effects if you played on Metro you can see it.)..

I swear that plane was flying to low... pilots fault >.<

Same here brotha, support class is by far the best class in my opinion

ShenmueZero v2
10-02-2011, 11:19 PM
A few things.

1. Metro sucks. It plays like call of duty. Now dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with call of duty its just that if i wanted to play cod i would play cod. People play battlefeild for the large scale battles. Metro doesnt have veichles, and that is one of the main things that draw people to battlefeild.

2. Heres the thing. Back when cod2 was out you didnt get as many haters on cod because it wasnt the juggernaut that it is now. As with anything, when something gets huge and popular, the more people who have been exsposed to it. That in return will bring on the flood of people who will bash or praise. There is a bigger sample of people to draw from. Look at halo.

3. When i here people talk about cod in a negative light it boils down to this. They say it is generic. Well i say being generic doesnt make something bad. They say its not realistic. Well i say it isnt meant to be. They say it paints a negative stereotype of people who play it. Well i say cod has been huge for gaming. It has bought gaming into the mainstream. Gaming use to be frowned upon, now we have more people then ever getiing into gaming. Its a good thing when people are more eager to get into your hobby.

I end it with this. Without cod gaming wouldnt be where it is right now. The battlefeild games are awesome, so are the cod games. They each have their place in the gaming industry. People should stop bashing cod or battlefeild and just enjoy the games for what they are meant to be. Stop being hipster fanboys and play.

iFurrious
10-02-2011, 11:44 PM
A few things.

1. Metro sucks. It plays like call of duty. Now dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with call of duty its just that if i wanted to play cod i would play cod. People play battlefeild for the large scale battles. Metro doesnt have veichles, and that is one of the main things that draw people to battlefeild.

2. Heres the thing. Back when cod2 was out you didnt get as many haters on cod because it wasnt the juggernaut that it is now. As with anything, when something gets huge and popular, the more people who have been exsposed to it. That in return will bring on the flood of people who will bash or praise. There is a bigger sample of people to draw from. Look at halo.

3. When i here people talk about cod in a negative light it boils down to this. They say it is generic. Well i say being generic doesnt make something bad. They say its not realistic. Well i say it isnt meant to be. They say it paints a negative stereotype of people who play it. Well i say cod has been huge for gaming. It has bought gaming into the mainstream. Gaming use to be frowned upon, now we have more people then ever getiing into gaming. Its a good thing when people are more eager to get into your hobby.

I end it with this. Without cod gaming wouldnt be where it is right now. The battlefeild games are awesome, so are the cod games. They each have their place in the gaming industry. People should stop bashing cod or battlefeild and just enjoy the games for what they are meant to be. Stop being hipster fanboys and play.

^This. Well said Shenmue.

Nocte
10-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Metro doesn't play like CoD it plays like BattleField. If it played like CoD you would only be playing into the sub station....

Of course compared to other Battlefield maps it is very very small...

Silko
10-02-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related

It needed to be done

bazongaman502
10-03-2011, 01:28 AM
A few things.

Well said... but:

Halo created multiplayer...

thats it lol

everything (but the first sentence in #1) is basically right on... I dont hate CoD (i used to), but it grew onto me... same has happened with Battlefield, im fairly new to it (well, BFBC2) but iv learned and followed alot about it...

Both are fun games and everyone has the right to respect each game accordingly, but people who bash a game (let alone just the beta) is pretty sad... its not the finnished product and DICE had said that this beta we are playing was what the game was like nearly 2 months ago and it has changed... ALOT...

otherwise, you are correct

ShenmueZero v2
10-03-2011, 07:26 AM
And you know whats funny? The people who bash cod are the ones who continue to play it.

Acid
10-03-2011, 07:43 AM
I will agree with others, Metro isn't the best map DICE has put it out. But for what it's worth, I still enjoy it. I do hope once they fix the vehicle bugs they'll release Caspian Border again on the Beta. Oh how I want to fly a jet so freaking badly!

ShenmueZero v2
10-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Now being in a jet sounds badass.

bazongaman502
10-03-2011, 10:07 AM
I will agree with others, Metro isn't the best map DICE has put it out. But for what it's worth, I still enjoy it. I do hope once they fix the vehicle bugs they'll release Caspian Border again on the Beta. Oh how I want to fly a jet so freaking badly!

they wont, the said the testing for it was complete and right now the work on the bigger maps are a main priority (they will be more played because everyone wants a Jet lol)

im not really all hyped up for flying a Jet, but i will give it a try

VerbotenDonkey
10-03-2011, 11:01 AM
I probably wont use a jet simply because they're only good at taking out other jets and occasionally an attack helicopter. Theyre MGs overheat quickly and arent effective at taking out infantry let alone damage a tank.

I'll be gunning a blackhawk =) Much more fun. And more difficult than a CoD chopper gunner.

HeavyArms
10-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Want to fly a jet play Ace Combat

VerbotenDonkey
10-03-2011, 11:13 AM

Actually, Battlefield looks like it has better aerial physics than AC =P

Nocte
10-03-2011, 11:28 AM

But Ace Combat is more of Aerial Combat game isn't it?

I want to bomb the Russians, like a boss.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Im going to be putting C4 on everything

HeavyArms
10-03-2011, 12:11 PM
But Ace Combat is more of Aerial Combat game isn't it?

I want to bomb the Russians, like a boss.
Hence why I say "If you want to fly a JET".

bazongaman502
10-03-2011, 02:23 PM
like im gonna struggle flying it.. like my first time flying a helecopter on BC2 i flipped it upside down >.<

i think im just gonna enjoy the Jet from down below rather then in it... and exactly like Funk said... im strapping C4 to everything lol

bazongaman502
10-03-2011, 02:27 PM
i just stumbled across this

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductLis tPage/categoryID.56832200/parentCategoryID.43736600

O.o... me like

Choca Cola
10-03-2011, 02:34 PM
I shall be in the dark bushes, dropping all of you >:)

bazongaman502
10-03-2011, 02:51 PM
I shall be in the dark bushes, dropping all of you >:)

you make me laugh hahahahahahaha jk

Acid
10-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Want to fly a jet play Ace Combat I fucking loved those games as a kid!! Thank you for bringing back some sweet memories. I almost want to go out and buy a PS1/PS2 to play the old games again.

HeavyArms
10-03-2011, 05:49 PM
They have them for the Xbox 360

zZ Dr K Zz
10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
At 2:20 you will see the most epic helicopter crash in the history of Battlefield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQQXZiDEB2k

P.S. Metro still sucks.

Am I hating on Battlefield 3? No, I love the Battlefield games just as much as I love CoD. I'm just disappointed.

DICE actually managed to make a map worse than Isla Inocentes and that, gentleman, is a feat even the Lord himself cannot do.

Nan-na nan-na boo boo?

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/641/operationz.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/operationz.jpg/)

Acid
10-03-2011, 08:48 PM
They have them for the Xbox 360

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/happy-epic-win.png

Choca Cola
10-03-2011, 09:21 PM
At 2:20 you will see the most epic helicopter crash in the history of Battlefield:

That was not Duke Nukem that was http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeNe9z nOfBc0v8Fl83APckWVJF3h808 ZxXSwSofV4cgt4rDfwaD9hnBE HM or an amazing player, your choice.

RetRdidMunkie
10-03-2011, 10:37 PM

]

Holy, shit...
Epic.

Vestige
10-04-2011, 01:16 AM
I want more maps to come out for the beta hopfully I can go home this weekend and paly my xbox cause man do I miss it!

bazongaman502
10-04-2011, 01:29 AM
I want more maps to come out for the beta hopfully I can go home this weekend and paly my xbox cause man do I miss it!

Says the guy who was on XBL all night last night lol

Metro is the only map, Caspian was a short term test... and has already ended

i mean, Metro is a good map, sure it needs a few tweeks, but its not horrible and ruins the BF name (yes no one said that, ik)... the beta you are playing was created a few months ago, so your not playing the game at its full potential yet... you can even see that by the size the file is when you downloaded it... 1.3GB for a full map at its full potential and with Frostbite 2 at its full potential? not in a million years...

And "Dr K", i wasnt trying to be an ass about this earlier so im sorry it came that way... its just sad to see people bashing a map when those same people bagged and bugged DICE for a beta for several months (not directing that to anyone... its just in general)

please, no one take my statements and opinions to heart, im not trying to be an ass

Silko
10-04-2011, 03:23 AM

Vestige
10-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Just downloading it for PC I'm a get Caspian border. Hellz yea!

Fuck you graphics card! I have the old Nvidia graphics series, I need the minimum card of the new series.