PDA

View Full Version : A Roast.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-21-2011, 12:00 AM
I just got done watching the Roast Of Charlie Sheen. I've always loved the concept of those things and get extremely excited for them.

Well I was thinking. What if we did a Roast of one of the old guys in the Forerunner Conflict? Yes, I know we're all about respect and all but c'mon, whats more fun then pokin fun at your friends occasionally? Think about it, we could make a map with the Roastee Chair and for all the Roasters. And have a bunch in the audience and one with a capture card for obvious reasons.

This could potentially be pretty awesome. I for one already suggest Raz or Kratos be the first to be Roasted.

Spartanbh
09-21-2011, 12:03 AM
I approve of this =)

Silko
09-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Oh god this will not end well....

Nocte
09-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Honestly I approve of this aswell. After all the Roasters are only going to be friends and not enemies of the person :p

GhostHammer
09-21-2011, 12:14 AM
I say only roast people willing to be roasted if at all, but I don't like this at all, complete opposite of what FC is, we couldn't even RP fight in that ICC Topic so I say this is a bad idea, lines will be crossed, people will be offended, and it wont be pretty.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-21-2011, 12:20 AM
I say only roast people willing to be roasted if at all, but I don't like this at all, complete opposite of what FC is, we couldn't even RP fight in that ICC Topic so I say this is a bad idea, lines will be crossed, people will be offended, and it wont be pretty.

Thats why its all voluntary lol

Captain Poder
09-21-2011, 12:28 AM
i volunteer to be roasted, i have nothing to hide lol

MedeDust
09-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Tell you what if you can manage to keep it within the accords ill allow it. If it gets out of hand everyone breaking the accords yes that includes the one who started the roast will be given an infraction and the topic will be closed and the idea will be banned.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Tell you what if you can manage to keep it within the accords ill allow it. If it gets out of hand everyone breaking the accords yes that includes the one who started the roast will be given an infraction and the topic will be closed and the idea will be banned.

Who said the roast is going to be a topic? Read it over I mean for this to happen in a Halo Reach game.

RetRdidMunkie
09-21-2011, 12:34 AM
I r volenter.

GhostHammer
09-21-2011, 12:37 AM
Who said the roast is going to be a topic? Read it over I mean for this to happen in a Halo Reach game.

Even still, it's an FC event and accords apply.

Scarekro
09-21-2011, 12:38 AM
I say only do it if those who are being roasted agree to it AND are allowed to decide who's allowed to do it. Otherwise it's gonna start some bad shit. Other than that, I think it'll cause drama. So keep it between TRUE FRIENDS.

Blackhawk570
09-21-2011, 12:39 AM
I volunteer Maxdoggy

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-21-2011, 12:41 AM
I say only do it if those who are being roasted agree to it AND are allowed to decide who's allowed to do it. Otherwise it's gonna start some bad shit. Other than that, I think it'll cause drama. So keep it between TRUE FRIENDS.

well obviously.

Carpe Vexillum
09-21-2011, 01:04 AM
I could direct the media for this, video audio ect: xD

MedeDust
09-21-2011, 01:22 AM

Well then by all means go for it :)

Nocte
09-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Ya, the event won't be an FC Event. Rather it can be organized in open convo and such and then filmed by someone with a Cap card and put up on the site.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Ya, the event won't be an FC Event. Rather it can be organized in open convo and such and then filmed by someone with a Cap card and put up on the site.

I was waiting for someone else to say it lol. Anyways, if this were an FC event... it would be pointless. Roasts are about harshly bashing someone in a comical way. If we applied the achords to this... it would end in a lot of banned members. But this is all for fun. You don't roast someone you aren't friends with id be kinda dumb. So if this happens we make the accords not apply for once or make it a rogue event.

Nocte
09-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Honestly if we post something like this on youtube, it could very well get members who are looking to have fun.

This community has gotten very serious over the past few months, and fun has only returned in small spurts at a time. This idea is great to show the Halo community that we love to have fun!

VerbotenDonkey
09-21-2011, 11:31 AM
They might get the wrong idea though and think its okay to roast people ... all the time.

Nocte
09-21-2011, 11:51 AM
A disclaimer can be given.

RaZ Vader
09-21-2011, 12:50 PM
I dont mind getting Roasted.. if I ever get my account back -_-

bazongaman502
09-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Look, this is a good idea and theres alot of people that would like to hear what you have to say about them... i even do... get your free shots ;)

However, it seems to be if 1 or more people are in FC and its being recorded, it instantly turns into an FC Event... this is a comedy moment, you guys say what happens on Facebook doesnt matter... this would be going on youtube... just advertised here on FC (facebook is the same way)... i dont see how any bad things can come out of this unless personal attacks go into it...

And i agree with Eagle... these past few months have gone WAY TO SERIOUS... Fun is hardly found anywhere and when it does, its always taken away.... lets bring it back with this... basically you will have open freedom (yes with a few limits)... i say we should do this... if its shutdown because it goes against the accords, doesnt mean we actually have to stop... we just have to leave FC out of it

GhostHammer
09-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Look, this is a good idea and theres alot of people that would like to hear what you have to say about them... i even do... get your free shots ;)

However, it seems to be if 1 or more people are in FC and its being recorded, it instantly turns into an FC Event... this is a comedy moment, you guys say what happens on Facebook doesnt matter... this would be going on youtube... just advertised here on FC (facebook is the same way)... i dont see how any bad things can come out of this unless personal attacks go into it...

And i agree with Eagle... these past few months have gone WAY TO SERIOUS... Fun is hardly found anywhere and when it does, its always taken away.... lets bring it back with this... basically you will have open freedom (yes with a few limits)... i say we should do this... if its shutdown because it goes against the accords, doesnt mean we actually have to stop... we just have to leave FC out of it

If it's being organised from within FC, and there are multiple FC members attending, it is an FC event. If it is organised and run by a group of friends that are all mixed, then it isn't.

Eagle that's a good idea. Place a disclaimer, let people know, have it voluntary to get roasted, and have them decide who can roast them. If it is done like this, there shouldn't be any issues at all regarding accords.

HeavyArms
09-21-2011, 03:00 PM
If I had an xbox I would gladly be roasted, because I think fried pink dinosaur would taste great.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Ok if this goes through I'm just saying Kuhblam should be the Roast Master (host) and the person to get Roasted should be either Raz, Cody, or Kratos. Roasters should be also be at most 8 long time active members for obvious reasons myself included..... cuz its my idea lol.

and damn I'm so happy this didnt get instantly shot down.... love you guys.

HeavyArms
09-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Shut up Funk, no one loves you. <3

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Shut up Funk, no one loves you. <3

HeavyArms
09-21-2011, 03:05 PM
No Im toast.

Kuhblam
09-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Ok if this goes through I'm just saying Kuhblam should be the Roast Master (host) and the person to get Roasted should be either Raz, Cody, or Kratos. Roasters should be also be at most 8 long time active members for obvious reasons myself included..... cuz its my idea lol.

Lawl, I wouldn't mind doing that. Just LMK whenever you need me.

I personally really like the idea of poking fun at friends. I know if I got roasted, it'd be for being an author bastard/grammar nazi and I'd never hear the end of it. So long as it doesn't become truly hurtful, then it's fine by me.

~Kuhblam

GhostHammer
09-21-2011, 04:22 PM

I'll have no part in it. Although I think if regulated it may work, I'm highly against it.

Deathhawk
09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm in. Especially for the roast of Kratos/Doug/Kuhblam.

The Roastee should get to pick those who are roasting.

If we really want to separate it that badly, we can organize on FB.

VerbotenDonkey
09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Haha I want to be a part of the audience for this xD

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Well since the majority like the idea... then let's get organizing. We should make a poll on who should be roasted and like Deathhawk/Dalton said, allow the roastee to chose roasters.

Ill volunteer to get roasted too lol.

Ex Zen Mute
09-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Roast me!

It'll be quite difficult.

Carpe Vexillum
09-22-2011, 12:59 AM
If you need recording I'm the man, once again =]

RENGADE 0F FUNK
09-22-2011, 01:16 AM
already have you written down, carp. What we need to decide now is Roastee's. And then we do a community poll on who everyone would like to see get publically and comically bashed.

Right now I for Roastee's I have Raz, myself, and Kratos and possible choices.

MedeDust
09-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Alright as of now this is considered a non FC event so please create a topic if you wish to plan it in open convo. This is a forum for FC suggestions so this topic is closed.