PDA

View Full Version : Week 2: Darth Mal vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Ch0pSt1ck
09-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Last week was ewok vs wookie, and by a land slide apparently wookies won (i still say ewoks are better).

Week 2 topics are Darth Mal vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Maul
*Badass face
*Double-ended lightsaber
*Has horns on his head

Qui-Gon Jinn
*Discovered Anitkan Skywalker
*Good guy
*Old and wise

VerbotenDonkey
09-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Qui-Gon Ginn. Just because he shares his name with me kinda =D

Silko
09-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Its Darth Maul not Mal and Maul wins in EP 1. Also he uses a Saber Staff not duel wielding lightsabers. Duel Wielding would mean he uses a lightsaber in each hand.

MedeDust
09-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Darth Maul, cause I said so.

Silko
09-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Well that was a waste of a week NEXT!

Ch0pSt1ck
09-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Its Darth Maul not Mal and Maul wins in EP 1. Also he uses a Saber Staff not duel wielding lightsabers. Duel Wielding would mean he uses a lightsaber in each hand.

Well that was a waste of a week NEXT!

Thank you for pointing out my mistakes, and I sorry you feel that the topic was a waste, I promise you next weeks will be better....I hope you watch South Park ;D

Bodaciousbaconn
09-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Ouch, But I'm just going to say, movie set aside, I honestly see Qui-Gon winning.

Kuhblam
09-23-2011, 05:22 PM
If there was a re-match, Qui-Gon would put an extra tattoo on that ass of his with a boot to the rear.

~Kuhblam

LocoCrazy
09-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Why the fuck are you here? Who let the dogs out?

and by dogs I meant something totally different.

Captain Poder
09-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Qui gon definately, hes a jedi master and darth maul is the apprentice of the chancellor

Nocte
09-24-2011, 02:10 AM
The only reason why Qui-Gon lost in the movie is because he was doing what Obi-Wan did to Luke in the very first movie. In reality, Qui-Gon would of kicked Maul's ass hard.

Scarekro
09-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Darth Maul
*Badass face
*Double-ended lightsaber
*Has horns on his head

Qui-Gon Jinn
*Discovered Anitkan Skywalker
*Good guy
*Old and wise

What exactly do these things have to do with whether they'd win or not? Qui-Gon's old and wise? First of all, he's not that old. And why does that count as an advantage??

Nocte
09-24-2011, 02:21 AM
What exactly do these things have to do with whether they'd win or not? Qui-Gon's old and wise? First of all, he's not that old. And why does that count as an advantage??

Chopstick ya gotta do some research before you post these things seriously. I can honestly agree with everything that Trev is saying :p

Ch0pSt1ck
09-24-2011, 12:43 PM

Chopstick ya gotta do some research before you post these things seriously. I can honestly agree with everything that Trev is saying :p

Old and wise is an advantage silly, and me do some serious research.....eh im good ;P

Bodaciousbaconn
09-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Well, you say you're good on the research part, but in reality, It would help make a more fair decision on victory....

Withered
09-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Qui gon definately, hes a jedi master and darth maul is the apprentice of the chancellor
just thought this was kind of interesting. why do jedi or anyone else go to the dark side? to get stronger/more powerful of course. with that said, wouldn't a sith apprentice with his new dark powers be as powerful as a jedi knight or master. look at the star wars universe as a whole, 9/10 times this is the case.

back to Qui-Gon vs Maul, just watch the 1st movie. Qui-Gon gets his ass handed to him on Tatooine, and Maul still seems to be winning during the 2 on 1 fight on Naboo. in fact the only reason Obi-Wan beat him was because he got cocky and totally underestimated Obi-Wan. Staying true to the movies Qui-Gon totally won, based on the Obi-Wan quote "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine....". But if we're talking about just a one on one fight, I'd put my money on Darth Maul

VerbotenDonkey
09-24-2011, 07:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z29OVZLbZk

You guys have obviously never watched this.

GhostHammer
09-24-2011, 07:06 PM

I'm not very knowledgeable in Star Wars, but wasn't dual wielding lightsabers something only very powerful Jedi/Sith could do?

Chop, Silko knows his star wars, trust what he says.

Why the fuck are you here? Who let the dogs out?

and by dogs I meant something totally different.

Loco, please refrain from these types of posts. We all have no issues with you being here, but inflammatory posts and such that may start arguments are not welcome. Please try and adjust this.

Well, you say you're good on the research part, but in reality, It would help make a more fair decision on victory....

^This. More research = more accurate results (Most of the time).

Kuhblam
09-24-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm a major SW nerd, and I could unleash hordes of information on both of them... but I won't. Lol.

~Kuhblam

Bodaciousbaconn
09-24-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm a major SW nerd, and I could unleash hordes of information on both of them... but I won't. Lol.

~Kuhblam

QFT. I'm with ya Kuhblam.

Ch0pSt1ck
09-24-2011, 08:05 PM
O.O ............Well the information I list is in my opinion, but from now on Im going to just like the topics up for debate and let you guy have at it. FYI: next week is gonna be about South Park

Bodaciousbaconn
09-25-2011, 10:24 AM
DANG South Park. I WANT MORE STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ch0pSt1ck
09-25-2011, 12:32 PM
DANG South Park. I WANT MORE STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Well there will be more star wars, but I have a list of which topic i'll do each week

Vestige
09-25-2011, 12:41 PM
I used to be a Star Wars freak before I started playing halo. Also if your not gonna do research why are you doing these? I'm not trying to start anything. I just want to set my point out please PLEASE. Do research when doing something like this. Also again listen to Silko when talking about Star Wars he knows the Wars back and front.

Ch0pSt1ck
09-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Okay first of all can EVERYONE just shut up about the "research" im just putting my OPINIONS in for another view to strengths and weakness. If you people would take the time and read my previous post then maybe you people wouldnt keep asking the same questions over and over again. Im sick of answering the same question in the same thread AND FOR THE LAST TIME THIS IS PURELY FOR FUN, AND TO MAYBE GET SOME PEOPLE IN THIS COMMUNITY TO OPEN THEIR MINDS UP TO DIFFERENT VIEWS AND NOT BE SO BIAS!!!!! besides thats why im doing this in "OPEN CONVERSATION" so i can put the topics in however i want. So back off people!! Stop taking everything so serious and critical