PDA

View Full Version : No More Invasion

Carpe Vexillum
09-25-2011, 10:14 PM
A lot of people, cannot handle the length that these Invasion nights are taking and don't want to play them. Maybe try a different schedule instead of the extra game. Like having invasion just be one night a week after then resume normal battles. Or take them out completely.

-have smaller brackets.
-Or just have two maps.
-Remove completely
-Bump actual battle nights forward

VerbotenDonkey
09-25-2011, 10:16 PM
I didn't think Invasion sounded like a good idea either. Especially if we are denying everyone Elites as well. Maybe just have 1 battle happen, and whoever wins it, wins? Or not have this "Rebel"ing thing?

Relapsive
09-25-2011, 10:16 PM
I agree with this ^

Gargoyle
09-25-2011, 10:18 PM
I had no problem with the hardpoints, except that the gametype was a little questionable.

Andimion
09-25-2011, 10:24 PM
We lost badly and we didn't mind invasion. To be honest I looked forward to invasion because its new for once.. Its a break of fresh air with invasion.

Silko
09-25-2011, 10:29 PM
I am ok with Invasion but it shouldn't take 30 mins to set up a game

Carpe Vexillum
09-25-2011, 10:30 PM

True. As long as it doesnt take 5 hours.

Silko
09-25-2011, 10:36 PM
We in 25 mins the battles will have gone 5 hours. We have people of many age groups and people in several time zones. We should have to wait for redd to get their shit together because Cody wants VBD to play every game on invasion.

VerbotenDonkey
09-25-2011, 10:41 PM
We should have to wait for redd to get their shit together because Cody wants VBD to play every game on invasion.

Please don't state generalizations like this, unless you know for a fact that it is true. Because it's slanderous and just not sportsmanlike. I know you're mad because it took too long, and maybe that's reason to bring more members into the community. Universal Recruitment anyone? I think thats what we need.

Sangheili Ekim
09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
I vote keep Invasion. Its my favorite gametype, so im going to support it. Invasion to me is just an all around fun gameype and in my opinion fits in FC perfectly. Afterall, invasion is basically a war. Isnt that what we're fighting? Why eliminate the most unique gametype in Halo.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
09-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Personally I dont mind the invasion games, but maybe we could make a custom invasion FC map with our own FC invasion gametype.

Gargoyle
09-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Sangheili makes a point. FC makes you pick the gametypes you wanna play, but on the flip side, you didn't get to pick Invasion or something else. In contrast to that too, It really didn't take long.

Carpe Vexillum
09-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Keep in mind removing it is an option there, its not what this is all about. I agree it would be great to keep it, but when the battle nights last forever its a problem. And that is a good point unlucky.

Captain Poder
09-25-2011, 11:49 PM
remove completely

Sangheili Ekim
09-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Personally I dont mind the invasion games, but maybe we could make a custom invasion FC map with our own FC invasion gametype.

Funny you mention that. I just so happen to be forging such a map. An I will be making specific gametypes for it as well. The map will be one of a kind.

VerbotenDonkey
09-25-2011, 11:57 PM
I still think we should begin forging maps that FEEL like a War. Like broken buildings, battling on the streets. Then scenery change to some cargo dump. Right now, it just feels like we aren't fighting a war, like Sangheili said. Just feels like we're playing customs on a shitty bungie made map xP

Nocte
09-26-2011, 12:07 AM
Honestly we need to add more gametypes to FC. People need to create a custom gametype just to add some fresh air to what we can play. The main games we play are Hill 30. Conflict. and CTF. Shit gets old after always playing them....

bazongaman502
09-26-2011, 12:08 AM
Invasion was a good idea... it just should be organized better from what i hear... remember this is the first war with it... theres bound to be bumps in the road

bazongaman502
09-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Honestly we need to add more gametypes to FC. People need to create a custom gametype just to add some fresh air to what we can play. The main games we play are Hill 30. Conflict. and CTF. Shit gets old after always playing them....

^this

silversleek
09-26-2011, 06:36 AM

this. at one point it took one and a half hours for my guys to get into a game.

Gargoyle
09-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Thats weird cuz it didn't take that long for the Invasion games to get set up.

Mr Funktastiiic
09-26-2011, 12:41 PM
I still think we should begin forging maps that FEEL like a War. Like broken buildings, battling on the streets. Then scenery change to some cargo dump. Right now, it just feels like we aren't fighting a war, like Sangheili said. Just feels like we're playing customs on a shitty bungie made map xP

I argue with donkey on this one and i think invasion was just going to end badly any way, REMOVE IT

VerbotenDonkey
09-26-2011, 01:43 PM
I argue with donkey on this one and i think invasion was just going to end badly any way, REMOVE IT

You argue with me? I argue with you too Mr. England! =P

Still think we should begin forging some maps with a warlike feel. It might take awhile to accumulate a bunch, but the sooner it starts the better.

GhostHammer
09-26-2011, 01:56 PM
You argue with me? I argue with you too Mr. England! =P

Still think we should begin forging some maps with a warlike feel. It might take awhile to accumulate a bunch, but the sooner it starts the better.

I'd like to see that. I ain't much of a forger though, maybe find some online somewhere?

Sangheili Ekim
09-26-2011, 02:07 PM
I already have two maps in the works. Maybe I can incorporate such a thing into the maps. Like after each phase, buildings or whatever was nearby the objective will be damaged after a successful attack.

VerbotenDonkey
09-26-2011, 04:25 PM
I already have two maps in the works. Maybe I can incorporate such a thing into the maps. Like after each phase, buildings or whatever was nearby the objective will be damaged after a successful attack.

That would be awesome! Haha, really neat.

I'm also talking about non-Invasion Maps too. Like instead of having symmetrical maps that we have now (don't really know how to explain them?), but they really don't fit our design. I think it would be cool if we had more "city" maps, or things that people would actually be fighting over, where they seem to have an actual point. Like a Cargo Depot, or city center. I'm guessing your maps, Sangheili, will be kinda like this, and I'm glad.

Kuhblam
09-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Invasion will remain at least until the war is over. Furthermore, it will remain indefinitely unless we decide to remove it. Case closed.

For those of you talking about maps, I really like your ideas and look forward to possible future results. Please make a separate thread, however.

~Kuhblam

----

http://i52.tinypic.com/veyo1c.jpg