PDA

View Full Version : Invasion 2012 (New)

Nocte
09-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Chapter 1 Reign of Fire

Adam twisted and turned in his sleep. The rain outside was calming, but with each boom of thunder his crystal eyes shot open. He picked up his phone and texted Kelsey.

“Hey, love you still up?”

He sat up and waited. He could just feel something coming, for the last three months he had nightmares about the storm that was raging outside. However before he could ever see the end a bright light would flash and he would wake in a fit of screams and sweat. His phone buzzed.

“Ya. This storm is keeping me awake.”

“Same here. I have this strange feeling that something bad might happen tonight. If it does, stay put I’ll come get you.” He texted back.

He was standing and looking out his window now at the street and the house infront of his. He quickly turned looking for jeans and a hoodie. The end of the nightmare was nearing and he wanted to be ready if he had to leave. Buzz.

“What are you talking about?”

As he slipped his hoodie over his head and changed out of shorts and into jeans he read the message. A blinding light lit the street and his entire room before the deafening boom shook his entire house and knocked his keys off the table.

“Holy shi...” He said scooping up his keys and heading to his parents room to grab his father’s rifle along with the small box of ammo that was next to it under their bed. Another explosion shook the house and before the house became still against he was out of the room and charging down the stairs. He didn’t even think as he kicked open the garage door sending splinters of wood falling to the ground as the dead bolt blasted through the molding of the door.

He threw open the car door and tossed the rifle and ammo into the passengers seat. He started the car and threw it in reverse and went straight through the garage door and into the street. As he was about to turn his house exploded into a ball of flames and lost memories blinding him for a few seconds.

As his vision came back he swerved away just missing a telephone poll. Cutting the corner with his foot to the floor the four cylinder engine was pushed to it’s limits. Kelsey lived only a few blocks away. He picked up his phone and dialed her number.

“What the hell is going on?!” She screamed.

“Listen to me, get the hell out of your house right now! Head back into the woods where we go all the time, I’ll meet you there!” He said hanging up his phone and sliding it into his hoodie pocket. As he turned onto her street a house exploded next to him.

“Jesus!” He screamed as the intense heat washed over the car. Where her house used to be was now just a pile of burning rubble. Silent tears slowly ran down his face as he thought about her being gone. He parked the car in the street and sprinted into the woods. Everything was wet and slippery, but the fires from the houses still allowed a faint glow to break into the woods.

He neared where he told her to meet him and could hear the whimper of cries. His eyes adjusted to the darkness and he could make out her figure leaning on a tree. Rushing over to her he wrapped his arms around her and she did the same. He could feel her hands grab the back of his hoodie.

“I’ve got you, I won’t let anything happen to you.” He said laying his head on top of hers.

“What are we gonna do? What if our parents are ....” She sobbed.

“Don’t say that they will be fine, and we’ll figure it out. For now I’ll be back, I’m gonna go get the car. We can sleep in the back seat.” He said gently letting her go, but she took his hand and followed behind him.