PDA

View Full Version : The Draft

Carpe Vexillum
10-03-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't know if people have brought this up before.

The Army Draft's-

-Forerunners or Elected officials people we trust to make it fair; choose from the giant pool of members participating and draft them to the armies.
-The FM's will then work with what they are given to create a more even, and interesting war.
-People who really care will state that they would like to be with their buddies up to 8 people only and it will be kept in mind.
-Recruitment will be kept universal and everyone will be given a choice of red or blue, no propaganda.

This is an idea that needs more work but I believe will resolve many problems that we currently have.

VerbotenDonkey
10-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Thought about in the past. Overall, bad idea. People want to be in certain Armies.

MedeDust
10-03-2011, 06:42 PM
We tried a draft before. It failed. Horribly*.

Gargoyle
10-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah, personally I like REDD. Not because I feel like we're the better army, but I just like how we do things. I've been REDD and BLUE, and both armies handle things differently.

Scarekro
10-03-2011, 07:12 PM
First of all, that kinda goes against the backstory. There's an Empire and a Rebellion. If there's a group of higher people basically saying "Okay, you agree with the Empire" or "You agree with the Rebels", it basically just fucks up the entire story.

Secondly, propaganda makes it fun. You're the rebel force fighting a mighty Empire that's trying to maintain its grip on the human worlds. There's gonna be propaganda to recruit neutral colonists to one side or the other.

No offense, but this idea is stupid because people prefer one army over another. Human bias is almost impossible to avoid. It's gonna happen. No draft.

Carpe Vexillum
10-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Community is more important than any of those things. But you cant deny that if done right it would be good.

GhostHammer
10-03-2011, 07:19 PM
We tried a draft before. It failed. Horribly*.

^This. We can't force people to be in an army without just reason.

VerbotenDonkey
10-03-2011, 07:20 PM
First of all, that kinda goes against the backstory. There's an Empire and a Rebellion. If there's a group of higher people basically saying "Okay, you agree with the Empire" or "You agree with the Rebels", it basically just fucks up the entire story.

Secondly, propaganda makes it fun. You're the rebel force fighting a mighty Empire that's trying to maintain its grip on the human worlds. There's gonna be propaganda to recruit neutral colonists to one side or the other.

No offense, but this idea is stupid because people prefer one army over another. Human bias is almost impossible to avoid. It's gonna happen. No draft.

This doesn't go against the backstory at all. He's just basically saying that we'd mix all the Armies up again. (I think).

Community is more important than any of those things. But you cant deny that if done right it would be good.

Community is more important. However, it is the Army's job to make sure it's numbers are high. Both Armies could do this together, as I've suggested in the Officers Lounge, since both Armies seem to be suffering a bit. However, the Draft would only be useful if EVERYTHING went to hell and we had to start all over. Drafting within the Army would be a good idea, like mix up the Squads, if everyone within the Army was okay with it. Just to mix it up and bring something new to the table so people don't get bored. However, messing with everything isn't needed.

Kuhblam
10-03-2011, 09:05 PM
A novel idea.

However, as a community, we will not force members to be separated from their friends. Part of being in a squad is camaraderie, and although it is good to have constant additions to individual brotherhoods in each army, playing with old allies is the best experience the wars have to offer.

Perhaps new members who are indifferent to which army they join who are recruited during peacetime might be entered into a draft. However, it is ideological at best and thus it would be better if we avoided drafts altogether.

~Kuhblam

Vestige
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
I agree with the universal boot camps but the choice for armies is the persons choice

Choca Cola
10-03-2011, 11:22 PM
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/09/halo4jobthing.jpg
In all honesty we should stay away from drafting, it takes away one large choice
that everyone made when everyone first joined. I'm pretty certain that no one wants to
have that decision made for them, and if they can't make it then why are they here?

Vestige
10-04-2011, 01:12 AM
This is probaly the best post I have seen by you gamer touche!

Choca Cola
10-04-2011, 08:15 AM
^thanks ^_^^

Nocte
10-05-2011, 01:16 PM
I strongly disagree with this as it makes no sense, players in this community fall into groups of people they like to play with on battle nights aka squads. If you split friends apart they leave and the community shrinks. Which is not what we want.

Kuhblam
10-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Anyways...

~Kuhblam

----

http://i56.tinypic.com/14sdrow.jpg