PDA

View Full Version : To upgrade or Not to upgrade, that is the question.

OzzyIzSick
10-09-2011, 01:14 PM
So ive been thinking about upgrading my iPhone 4 to the 4S, however i dont know if i should.

The benefits are minor to me such as the camera. I dont take pictures that often, but a nicer camera would be good.

Siri, yeaaaa... i might use it once in a while. not big on talking to my phone.

Faster processor, i could use. It would be nice to have a faster device as usual.

But i dont know if i should spend the extra money to upgrade, or just wait for the iPhone 5 next year. If i get the 4S i can sell it for more and spend less on the iPhone 5.

Any wisdom?

Mi Boys Dinner
10-09-2011, 08:16 PM
I say save your money. If you don't really think that you'll be using the features a lot, then it would be wise to just use what you have already.

Nocte
10-09-2011, 08:38 PM
A faster device? Hell they barely increase the speed of the damn things everytime they come out with a new one. I still have and iPhone 3GS and it runs as fast as I want it to.... It's not likely to need a lightning fast phone. As for the camera, same goes for my iPhone 3GS. It has a great camera, it's not like your going to be taking pictures for a photo shoot with your phone.

Don't spend your money, the iPhone 4 is still a pretty fresh phone. Don't fall into the loop of wanting the new version of the phone everytime it comes out.

OzzyIzSick
10-10-2011, 09:46 PM
yeah thats what im thinking. I might save up for a macbook pro. The air sucks.

MedeDust
10-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Save your money, if you are going for features: 4 to 4s isnt much of a difference 4 to 5 would be a better buy and there will not be much of a difference when talking about money because of your upgrade.

Specact
10-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Save your money. Not enough new features to convince me to upgrade. Wait for 5 because 4s is really just a 4 with a S added to the name to sound cool.

Generals
11-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Well in my opinion, upgrading from your 4 to 4s is a good idea. First off, the 4 doesnt have a duel processor to withstand all the features that IOS 5 offers. I recently sold my 3gs because it couldnt withstand all the features IOS 5 had and slowed my phone down massively. this also includes depending on your plan with your phone company. Having an upgrade can drastically lower the price.