PDA

View Full Version : Which map plays first?

Gargoyle
10-10-2011, 10:08 AM
OK, so I've sort of noticed something and I thought we could maybe try this out. So for the past month, it seems like REDD and BLUE have less people than we both started off with. A huge problem I had last night running the battles got me an IDEA. See, a lot of people show up late to the battles. Is that a good thing? No. But there's not much anyone can really do to change that. So what are the possibilities that we could start off on smaller maps first. Honestly, I'm speaking on behalf of REDD really. I'm not sure if BLUE has this problem but its a big one for us. I mean, **** I had about another team and a half get on later throughout that night! Just an Idea though, so........good one?

Mythonian
10-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Well, people start getting off as the battles go on. For example, near the end you only had 2 6v6 squads active. If we started off with 6v6, then you only would have had a single squad for the 8v8 later on, since you only had like 12 people or so. (unless you had others online I didn't see).

It's really a catch 22. We moved the battles forward an hour so that it wouldn't go so late, but now so many people are getting on about the time it used to start, and others are still getting off closer to the end.

There's a small sweet spot in the middle between about 7:00 to 8:30 or so where both armies seem to have plenty online, since everyone finally got on and nobody has gotten off yet.

Anyway, we'll come up with a solution one way or another.

Gargoyle
10-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah its super frustrating. Especially when I had a bunch of guys who were AFC. ....eh, *sadface*

HeavyArms
10-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Didnt they change it to big maps first because there were so many people on at the time and would get off as it went on.