PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for weapons.

Nocte
10-17-2011, 01:34 PM
I was playing Reflection today and I kept getting killed by the damn rocket launcher as I walked around a corner. It dawned on me, because I remember alot of maps having rockets and such on them even though they didn't have vehicles on them.

So I am saying we should removed rocket launchers, Spartan Lasers, and Blue Berries from any Infantry based maps. If a map has any type of vehicles on it besides a Mongoose then it can have a heavy weapon. If a map has just a Mongoose on it then it shouldn't have heavy weapons.

Makes things seem more like a war-sim after all you wouldn't waste a Spartan Laser in a battle that doesn't have any vehicles capable of turning the battle.

Mythonian
10-17-2011, 02:18 PM
It provides some variety for members to play with. If it was always DMR or AR for everything except larger maps, they would get bored, wouldn't they?

Not everyone likes MLG where they take out most of the weapons...

Nocte
10-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Well you would still have Grenade Launcher and Concussion Rifle. Plus when was the last time I saw a Plasma Rifle or Plasma Repeater on a map? Plasma Repeater sometimes, and the Plasma Rifle... Never. The Spiker is another weapon I never see. It's always the Shotgun, Sniper, and Rocket Launcher.... Always.

VerbotenDonkey
10-17-2011, 02:24 PM
The problem with removing Rockets is that they provide balance. It is a core power weapon that stops teams from simply camping a corner, they have to know what parts of the map to control and understand spawning. With a rocket in play, they can't just camp or they'll easily get destroyed. We wouldn't use anti-vehicle weapons to take out troops now, but perhaps when everyone runs around with electronical shielding we might. If you read the Halo books, they do indeed take out Covenant infantry using rockets.

What's war-sim-like about dropped weapons anyway? xD Who just leaves Sniper Rifles and Rockets laying around? I mean, I WOULD like to create more War-Sim feeling maps, but the problem is balance. I already invisioned a map where the REDDs would have to defend their outpost, which would include a large infactructure surrounded by walls and bunkers, from a BLUE invasionary force of Hogs and Scorpions. The problem is always balance. How do we balance this out? It would take a LOT of testing, and the forgers would have to be dilligent and have a drive to create the map. But thats a tad offtopic xD

Relapsive
10-17-2011, 02:38 PM
A great saying
"If its not broken dont fix it"

Im pretty sure most of us enjoy having power weapons on a map because at any time it can change the tide of war and also prevents Bad kids from camping in there base because if theres no actually strong power weapons then everyone could just sit in there base and team dmr the entire time. While if theres rocket launchers or plasma launchers you will have to stay aware of these weapons so you dont die by them. In a quick terms i think its completely bad idea to conflict online multiplayer with fc wars. And plus its a power weapon its meant to kill people.

HeavyArms
10-17-2011, 03:21 PM
"If its not broken dont fix it"

This is the only thing I have to say.

Nocte
10-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Well clearly something is broken, when someone can chill in the corner with rockets and as you walk by he can kill you.....

Carpe Vexillum
10-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Well clearly something is broken, when someone can chill in the corner with rockets and as you walk by he can kill you.....

NO thats just someone camping. And you were the unlucky one to cross that campers path. I could camp a corner with a spiker and kill you the same way; rockets just do it quicker and have the potential for suicide and multi-kills. .

SuRroundeD By 1
10-17-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm fine with power weapons on map, provides map movement, keeps things interesting.

I WOULD like to create more War-Sim feeling

Haha it's Halo Verboten, I mean, Halo is a great game but the chances of getting a perfect war-sim out of it are slim to none. The only game I see right now in the near future capable of creating a good war sim is BF3, but this is a Halo oriented community.

Although I do kind of want to try out Liberation, I don't even know what that is :(

(sorry, went a bit off topic there)

Kuhblam
10-17-2011, 04:37 PM
We will not be removing weapons from maps unless we have an overwhelming community majority cry for their deletion from a map.

~Kuhblam

VerbotenDonkey
10-17-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm fine with power weapons on map, provides map movement, keeps things interesting.

Haha it's Halo Verboten, I mean, Halo is a great game but the chances of getting a perfect war-sim out of it are slim to none. The only game I see right now in the near future capable of creating a good war sim is BF3, but this is a Halo oriented community.

Although I do kind of want to try out Liberation, I don't even know what that is :(

(sorry, went a bit off topic there)

You have no idea how many cool maps I've been on that would be perfect for a War-Sim dude. They just aren't balanced for our system we have in place now. If people had the time and were decent with forge, we could churn out some awesome maps.

Mythonian
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
You have no idea how many cool maps I've been on that would be perfect for a War-Sim dude. They just aren't balanced for our system we have in place now. If people had the time and were decent with forge, we could churn out some awesome maps.

Bring 'em to me and let me look them over, and we'll make something happen.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
10-17-2011, 08:13 PM
meh, i would love to see more plasma based weaponry

or have certain tye of guns appear more on the map depending on which faction owned it.

RetRdidMunkie
10-18-2011, 02:10 AM
IM FUCKIN SICK OF THAT GODDAMN PIECE OF SHIT MONGOOSE!!!! DAMN THING IS OVERPOWERED!!!

HeavyArms
10-18-2011, 11:30 AM
IM FUCKIN SICK OF THAT GODDAMN PIECE OF SHIT MONGOOSE!!!! DAMN THING IS OVERPOWERED!!!

^This