PDA

View Full Version : FC Update 4.1

Kuhblam
10-24-2011, 06:59 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/FC_Logo_01.png
FC Update 4.1

News to the left, news to the right, news all night. Some of this is old, but I figured we should release it anyway for posterity. Other parts should be note-worthy, however, so pay attention!

Reminder: War Ending and FM Elections

The war is over, folks; if you don't know already, R.E.D.D. has forfeited thus ending another cycle in our never-ending charade of gun-slinging and nade-throwing.

If you would like a link to the official topic, it can be found <<here>> (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?4202-War-Update-R.E.D.D.-Forfeit-and-Ending).

We have not yet decided on a time-table to start the next war, but I will report our decision when the War Council has had a good discussion on the matter.

If you haven't already started on your FM Elections, armies, be sure you get on top of that. I won't issue a deadline for this as I'll let you work on your own timetables, but if I feel it is taking too long I and the other Forerunners will make the call ourselves as to who we think is best.

Map Submissions

As always after each war, we want your bal-- I mean maps!

Before each war, we collect various submissions both from inside and outside the community for usage in the wars alongside default maps like Hemorrhage, etc.

You forgers can probably see where I'm going here. That kooky robot counterpart of mine has created a topic with an official form/template for you virtual Picassos to express your creative talent, so look <<here>> (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?1977-Map-Submission-Format&p=48997#post48997)!

Even if it isn't your best work, we still want to see it, so get crackin'! We want community-made maps before custom maps made outside the community, so you get priority regardless. One map, two map, red map, blue map, etc.; send us as many as you would like

As a side-note, fill out the template exactly as it is outlined. Incorrect submissions will not be considered until fixed, so be sure that you are specific and double-check!

Spies? Impossible.

The War Council has been investigating reports of spies and multiple accounts...

I'll put it bluntly: IT WILL STOP.

Spying will be punished with suspensions, and multiple accounts will be deleted. We've got credible leads we're following and I for one am especially not happy about it.

If you are caught doing this, it'll be an automatic suspension based on the severity.

Don't say I didn't warn you, folks. If you come clean, your punishment won't be nearly as harsh. Spying in our community is quite frankly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, whether it's about trying to get information on battle plans or dirt on members of the opposing army.

Safety and Peace

If you haven't noticed already, we have made some new additions to the moderation team!

They aren't quite new, however; in fact, they're some of our most notable veterans in the community. Both of them have been around here as leaders and soldiers for years, watching over you young guns and making sure you don't screw up too badly. One of them is a former prominent member of Red Army; the other has seen a fair amount of action on both sides.

As such, we welcome EriRi 1138 and zZ Dr K Zz as Neutral Mods back to the administration team!

If you ever have any problems, these forum captains alongside your third Neutral Mod MedeDust are always available for contact and help. Don't be afraid to talk to them; they may be crusty, but they contain a vast amount of knowledge and can provide good advice in a pinch.

In any rate, give them a pat on the back for their dedication the next time you see them!

Website Financial Situation

I just want to let you know good luck, and that we're all counting on you.

Just kidding, not pulling a Leslie Neilsen. However, the situation does amount to the movie "Airplane!".

As a website, we rely on your patronage to keep these awesome forums running. Donations are must in order to keep our site running, and a lack of donations has chipped away at the fund we have accumulated over the past two months.

PLEASE, I beg of you, donate five bucks here or there out of your pocket. We need that green meter to fill up every month including this one or we will not be able to maintain these forums and will have to discuss other options that are not nearly as joyful as keeping this awesome website.

Recruitment

We need you boys and girls to recruit! This war was ended by a lack of activity on one army, and I'm sure that had the numbers been better this war would have lasted way past Christmas.

All you need to bring in is ONE recruit. One good recruit from each of you with the drive to take verbal abuse and rank up is all we need to train the next generation of soldiers after yourselves.

I can't offer you much in the way of compensation, but I don't think I should regardless. If you want this community to last five more years, we need those greenhorns to keep flooding in.

You don't necessarily need to recruit on Halo, either; simply bringing in web traffic by talking about us on other games will do the trick as well. Anything you can do to keep us alive and kicking is much appreciated, guys.

Contest Announcements

Two contests are about to take place at the moment:

The FC Halloween Signature Contest (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?4222-FC-Halloween-Signature-Contest)

and

the FC Fall Squad Tournament (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?4250-Fall-Tournament-Registration).

The former's deadline to get entries in is midnight tonight, so if you plan on entering something you better do it quick! I've got at least eight entries for that already if I counted correctly, and these signatures are looking great! Don't miss out on the chance to earn a good bit of Vcash!

The latter's registration deadline is October 30th, so there's plenty of time to round up your squad and join in for the festivities. This looks like a promising venue, so I encourage everyone to sign up! A big thanks to Sangheili Ekim for taking the time to set this up!

----

That's it for now, folks. We've got some really cool stuff related to the armies and how the wars operate that will be released in anywhere from a week to a few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled and don't get too crazy playing Battlefield tomorrow!

~Kuhblam

Acid
10-24-2011, 08:17 PM
SPY CHECK!
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac229/IFightZombies/1%20is%20for%20VIDEO%20GA MES/pyro-hadouken.gif

EriRi 1138
10-24-2011, 10:12 PM
:3

MedeDust
10-24-2011, 10:55 PM
I saw a U2 plane this morning.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-24-2011, 11:01 PM
I actually have a map that I am goin to submit tomorrow once I get on a real computer. But I recommend that we put it through rigorous tests if it is chosen to b put in the next war. I want my baby to be balanced.

VerbotenDonkey
10-24-2011, 11:14 PM

Silko
10-25-2011, 01:01 AM
I saw a U2 plane this morning.

I use to live in the Antelope Vally which is famous for its Aerospace. One time my house started to shake and all I could hear is a load ass engine. I run out side and there are 5 Military Hides in a V formation flying 100 feet above my house.

Acid
10-25-2011, 06:17 PM
I use to live in the Antelope Vally which is famous for its Aerospace. One time my house started to shake and all I could hear is a load ass engine. I run out side and there are 5 Military Hides in a V formation flying 100 feet above my house.

Thread Hijack! I love when planes fly flow over where ever you are. They sound awesome, they look awesome, and the feeling is awesome.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Back onto the topic at hand.