PDA

View Full Version : Next war = lower health/ higher damage

SuRroundeD By 1
10-25-2011, 04:21 PM
There is nothing particularly wrong with how the damage is in the core game, however, in my opinion (and I made this thread to check others) Halo is more fun and quicker paced with higher damage.

How I suggest it is buffing the damage until the DMR is a 4 shot kill (with head shot), and allowing all the other weapons damages to fall in line. The point of this would be to increase kill times and pace, plus eliminate annoying situations where your kill sprints off to safety because your last bullet was only enough to pop their shields. I also suggest bringing melee bleedthrough into the wars but leave out bloomless weapons. While I love no bloom the function eliminates the need for any weapons besides the DMR, Pistol, shotgun, rocket, and sniper in MM, so keep bloom in.

There will be things like explosives that may become over powered due to higher damage specs, an easy way to fix this is:

1) Spawning players with only one grenade and having Rockets spawn with only two shots. If a sniper becomes a one shot spawn it with fewer rounds.

2) Have a player spawn with no grenades and have an armory of grenades somewhere, but limited, so they act like a pickup.

Choice one is my favorite.

What do you guys think?

Mythonian
10-25-2011, 04:35 PM
1. 343 was unable to make the TU changes user-changable. We are unable to pick and choose which options we are able to take. Therefore, having bleedthrough without any reduced bloom isn't plausible.

2. The higher skilled players already have a significant advantage, and this seems like it would do nothing but make spawn-killing easier, and make assaulting a position much more difficult.

Link2Halo
10-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Dangit cause that is actually a good idea.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
10-28-2011, 06:05 PM
I can see your points however here is my argument:

Halo is a fantastic game & if it aint broke dont fix it. And if your kill is escaping after you pop their shields try throwing a grenade.

Anarchy
10-28-2011, 06:11 PM
People would just run away earlier if the kill times were taken down.
I see your point on a lot of these changes, but it just seems a bit unnecessary. It's like you said, nothing is truly wrong with the core settings, so let's not change what isn't broken.

I agree with having bleed though, as it keeps melees consistent with damage it does, but like mythonian said we can't single that out.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
10-29-2011, 10:53 AM
once again... don't fix something that isnt broken.

Kuhblam
10-29-2011, 11:06 AM
once again... don't fix something that isnt broken.

Agreed.

We'll keep it as for the time being; I see no need to change it and Myth summed it up.

~Kuhblam