PDA

View Full Version : Her Guardian Chapter 2

Nocte
10-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Chapter Two: The New Girl

Ben’s alarm began to go off in a loud fit of beeps and screeches. In an angry fashion he grabbed his phone and unlocked it to turn the noise off. After he did that, he sat up and rubbed his eyes under he could see her dark room somewhat clearly and then reached for the light on his nightstand. As the light beamed on and hit his eyes he covered his face and sighed. The hallway light turned on and he knew that his parents were up and getting ready for work, so he couldn’t try and sleep a little bit longer. Admitting defeat he stood up and walked to his closet as he stepped over a pile of clothes that he really needed to wash, but forgot all the time.

He opened his sliding closet door and just stared into the dark closet looking for something that he knew wouldn’t be to small. He was satisfied with a band-T and looked around for a pair of jeans. Which he found hanging over one of the chairs in his room. He slipped the clothes on and went to his door, his stomach growled as he headed to the kitchen. He noticed the time and realized he didn’t have enough of it to make eggs and toast, so toast would have to do for today.

He stuffed the crispy toast into his mouth after it popped up from the toaster and looked around for his keys. He walked out of the kitchen into the dining room and started searching the table, stacks of mail covered the thing. As he sifted through pile after pile until he finally found his keys.

His car started up as he turned the keys and hit the clutch, and as he backed out his buddy Cole opened the passenger door and slid in. Tossing his bag into the back seat as he closed the door.

“Ya know one of these days I will end up leaving you, and as you try to run me down I will simply laugh.” Ben laughed.

“I don’t think you would do that at all.” Cole said as he adjusted his seat.

“Oh why not?” Ben asked looking over to Cole who was still pulling the lever under the seat.

“Because. That would make you an asshole.” Cole said finishing up and looking at Ben.

Ben turned and shook his head laughing.

“I don’t get how the hell you sit their in a T-Shirt. It’s like 40 some degrees outside!” Cole said flipping his hood over his head and rubbing his arms with his hands.

“Well I’m not outside in this cold weather for more then 20 minutes so really. I don’t get cold, besides when we get out of school it is about 60 degrees. Once fall fully hits I’ll break out all of my hoodies. Trust me I won’t be doing this in the dead of winter.” Ben said as they pulled into the High School’s parking lot.

The two walked into the main doors of the High School and parted ways as their lockers were in separate hallways. Ben made his way through the densely crowded hallways and finally made it to his locker. He fiddled with his lock, three correct twists and a yank and the it came off. He grabbed his Chemistry text book and notebook, slammed the locker door and quickly relocked it. He went back into the crowd and followed it to the hallway that his first class was in. As he set his book on the desk and his bag under his chair he sat down. The class was rather bleak except for the semi-colorful science posters all over the walls. He looked around and realized that he was the only one in the classroom as the teacher walked out of the room.

His eyes went down to the desk as he saw symbols appear. He brushed his hands over them and watched as they moved around like he was touching them. Everything was broken as a bag was tossed on the desk next to him, he looked over to the girl who was the owner of the bag. His first look was of disgust because of her ruining the images infront of him, but the look soon became something completely different. The girl looked just like the girl from his dream last night, only now he could make out more features then before. She had deep green eyes shoulder length brown hair, fair skin, and a sleek sexy build. As her eyes went from her purse to his she gave a slight smile.

Ben’s eyes shot away the second he knew she noticed. She sat down next to him and looked forward. He mentally kicked back the slight embarrassment.

“Hey.” He said calmly looking up at her as she rummaged through her purse looking for something.

“Hey.” She said as her brow changed into a angry look.

“So I’m just gonna go out on a limb here and say your new.” He said giving a light laugh at the end.

“Yes!” She said as she pulled her phone from her purse in success. “Oh, what? Ya I’m new here, just moved a few days ago... Wish I would have during the summer so I could have tried to make some friends.” She said as she typed away on the phone.

“Well with that smile it shouldn’t be to hard.” Ben said looking at her and grinning.

Her eyes came up from the phone to his and this time he wasn’t backing down. Her face burned a light red.

“Thanks,” she said finally. Ben knew that would happen and he wanted it to.

“So where did you move from?” He said looking for a pen in his bag as students started walking into the class.

“Pensacola, Florida.” She said putting her phone away.

“Wow you left Florida to come up here... What were your parents thinking?” He asked.

“Actually my dad died in a car accident and my mom moved us up here to get away from the memories...” She said with her tone sounding grim.

“Oh, I understand your pain. My grandfather just died a few weeks ago, he was the father-figure to me that my father wasn’t.” Ben said looking down and then back up to her. The teacher came into the classroom, and Ben’s attention was brought to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The class had about 3 minutes left and the teacher decided that the students could have the rest of the time to talk. Ben turned to the girl next to him, “So we’ve been sitting next to each other for an hour and half now and I still don’t know your name. Mine is Ben.” He said smiling at her.

“Kelsey. What class do you have next?” She asked him pulling out a paper with her schedule on it.

“Government.” Ben said as the bell rang and he stood up.

“Oh good so do I.” She said standing up next to him. Their eyes locked and for a moment at all of the images he had seen before on the desk filled his view. He blinked and they were gone with her looking at him strangely.

“Sorry, I must’ve zoned out.” He said turning and walking out of the classroom.

It was he end of the day and Ben was at his locker he grabbed the books he needed for tonights homework and shut it. The parking lot was it’s usual crowded self. He pulled out and drove through the backstreets cutting here and there until traffic was thinned to almost nothing. He noticed a girl walking on the side of the road alone, and as he got closer he realized it was Kelsey. He stopped right next to her and rolled down his window.

“Hey! Where do you live?” He asked her, and she jumped from seeing the car and pulled out her earbuds.

“What?” She said leaning in the window.
“Where do you live?” He asked again.

“Oh, ummm I think about 3 or 4 blocks away.” She said with a puzzled looked on her face.

Laughing Ben told her to get in, she looked up and around before opening the car door and jumping in the front seat.

“What can’t be seen getting in a car with me?” Ben joked.

“No, I was just looking around.” She said giving him a smirk.

“So what do you think of the town so far?” He asked her looking over.

“Turn left here, and I like it. Very quite, I made another friend today.”

“Oh, really who?” He said turning onto the new street.

“Ryan Philips.” He said happily.

“Kids a douche, he’ll just try and get in your pants....” He said bluntly.

“Oh....” She said awkwardly.

“Sorry to be blunt, but I’ve seen to many girls cry because he sleeps with them and leaves them.” Ben said looking at her.

“Well then I’ve only made one friend.” She looked at him smiling. “Oh, turn right here!” She said and the car jerked left as Ben made a quick turn.

“Jesus, more warning next time.” He laughed.

“Sorry, and then turn up here in this driveway.” She said pointing and Ben followed her finger.

“Thank you.” She said opening the door.

“I can give you a ride home everyday if you’d like, and pick you up?” He told her with an asking look on his face.

“Ya, give me your phone.” She said, and Ben dug in his pocket and handed it over to her.

“Passcode.” She asked him.

“K051.” He told her, and two minutes later his phone was back in his hands.
“See you tomorrow morning.” She said closing the door and walking up to her house. Ben backed out and left. So many things were rushing in his head, but right now he had to focus on remembering how the hell he even got to where he was.

d3ad1te
10-30-2011, 04:38 PM
good work, a few spelling mistakes!

Nocte
10-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Thank you, but I changed this to chapter three haha once I'm done with the real Chapter two I'll fix everything.