PDA

View Full Version : new website? better plans?

bazongaman502
10-30-2011, 03:27 AM
hey, i was making my sig and i stumbled onto this and had to take a look at this:

http://www.enjin.com/features/plans

whats my point? well the cost to keep a site going for us, it would cost less and we could have a few more features...

idk if its better then what we have or worse, idk... but i personally dont think this should be ignored... it actually looks like a good idea

kinda looking for a way to save people money... going from $60 a month to $25 should be watched...

figured id throw that out there :)

Captain Poder
10-30-2011, 04:34 AM
we will be fine if we can get a steady flow of donations coming in, a new website would be too much work if it isnt needed

bazongaman502
10-30-2011, 05:34 AM
we will be fine if we can get a steady flow of donations coming in, a new website would be too much work if it isnt needed

i personally wouldnt want us to change, this is more "if it comes down to this, we can do it" kind of deal... its just we have been just barelly clearing through on our monthly goals... its just low paying options, im sure we will lose things, but we might also gain a few

Relapsive
10-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Bazonga has the right idea because as nice as this website is it cost to much for ever month i could have they exact same website and pay $1 a month i offered this to raz when we first made this website because i knew it was to expensive but he said he had the cost under control.

But it just an idea for now if we end up to far away from donations because as previously said there would be alot of work needed for this so if we dont need to at the moment. Then we dont have to do it, just something you forerunners should keep in the back of your head.

MedeDust
10-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Contact Metkil and see what he has to say about it.

Mythonian
10-30-2011, 10:02 AM
The reason we pay so much is because we need a semi-dedicated server to host the website.

Not only do we need unlimited bandwidth, but very high CPU time usage and something called "Account Executions" which relates to script usage. I notice that Enjin fails to even mention them...

If you can find a semi-dedicated server plan for under $60 that specifies the CPU and Account Executions, please let us know.

Anarchy
10-30-2011, 11:00 AM
The reason we pay so much is because we need a semi-dedicated server to host the website.

Not only do we need unlimited bandwidth, but very high CPU time usage and something called "Account Executions" which relates to script usage. I notice that Enjin fails to even mention them...

If you can find a semi-dedicated server plan for under $60 that specifies the CPU and Account Executions, please let us know.

Is it really a necessity to have those things though? I understand that they all help in big ways, but I guess it all goes hand-in-hand with living within our means.

Mythonian
10-30-2011, 11:03 AM
In the past, we didn't have a semi-dedicated server. We ended up surpassing our limits and having the site shutdown for the last week or so of every month. In order to stop this, we upgraded the site. That, obviously, means the price went up.

I'm not saying that he currently have a good deal, only that it isn't such a simple matter.

SuRroundeD By 1
10-30-2011, 02:05 PM
The only problem is money is tight now days, I know that I myself would donate to the site, if I wasn't 16, still in high school and had a steady flow of cash. I'm broke . . . the site as it is now isn't recieving a steady flow of donations, and I believe that it's surviving off of the $120 overflow it got one month over the summer (not sure about that though) because the past month or two we have not reached the $60 a month.

That's all obvious though, and I'm sure that the rate at which we recieve donations will continue to decrease until we get a steady flow of new members who can afford it. As it is we have plenty of members who are growing to the adult age, and will lose time with FC and Halo. As we age we will find careers, wives, maybe settle down and have children, and as it is I'm pretty sure there are a few members already at the college age (if not most of them) and soon enough they will lose track of FC. What we need are more members . . .

silversleek
10-30-2011, 02:12 PM
that's what most of fcs problems come down to isn't it? we do need more people.

Deathhawk
10-30-2011, 02:23 PM
In the past, we didn't have a semi-dedicated server. We ended up surpassing our limits and having the site shutdown for the last week or so of every month. In order to stop this, we upgraded the site. That, obviously, means the price went up.

I'm not saying that he currently have a good deal, only that it isn't such a simple matter.

Hey, if we have less members though, maybe we wont post so much XD

I think that mostly stemmed from the drama and 10+ pages of crap we often had.

bazongaman502
10-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Hey, if we have less members though, maybe we wont post so much XD

I think that mostly stemmed from the drama and 10+ pages of crap we often had.

you do have a point, this website is housing, idk, maybe 50+ inactive members? if we moved to that website and did their $25 plan, we wont require that many inactive members cuz they wont know we moved... only the people really dedicated to FC would move to the other website cuz they want to know whats actually is going on...

its not a simple task though, chances are we would have to have both websites running for a few months till the other is ready... so for a few months we are looking at $85 donations, if we are struggleing with $60, i dought we would make that... but idk

Nocte
10-30-2011, 05:38 PM
This community got boring thats all, before their were always internal fights and honestly it kept this place alive and going. Then we moved into this new age where people would get banned for doing those things and bam activity dropped.....

Gargoyle
10-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Honestly, I'd rather not have to clean up after others messes' Eagle.

bazongaman502
10-30-2011, 06:20 PM
This community got boring thats all, before their were always internal fights and honestly it kept this place alive and going. Then we moved into this new age where people would get banned for doing those things and bam activity dropped.....

there are some bans that dont make sence and are to harsh, but there are some (like the infraction i got) that were needed... we just became WAY strict WAY to fast.... but lets stay on topic please

Carpe Vexillum
10-30-2011, 08:40 PM
I would never say the problem is with the community. This idea isn't logical with how this community is.

*Stamped-Approved*

NEXT!

VerbotenDonkey
10-30-2011, 08:50 PM
We need the unlimited usage, if we (hopefully) get the activity we're aiming for. Maybe add in some BF3 gamenights or other games while we're off Reach? Eh, I'm rambling. Basically, the upgrade was needed, we just need to find a way to get some money for the site.

Carpe Vexillum
10-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Find older members? xD