PDA

View Full Version : FC Update 1.5

RaZ Vader
10-15-2010, 01:34 PM
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/PhoenixChase/Halo%20Screenshots/reach_39397_Full.jpg

OK, This update is going to answer a lot of questions about a lot of things. People will be happy, sad, and other people are going to be MAD AS HELL. But that is life, and those people should learn to deal with it. I myself will try my hardest to not break my keyboard as I am typing this update. I am going to start with good things, because we all need good things in our lives, and end with probable upsetting news for other people (depending on your views)

NEW STUFF

I L-O-V-E new things. We have a few new things to talk about in the world of Forerunner Conflict. Last Update, Mr. Metkil posted something about this crazy thing called VBOOKIE (http://fcwars.net/forums/vbookie.php). It is a place where you can make your own bets, and wager a thing called VCash, which is virtual money. You can use the cash you earn for... well, NOTHING right now. But we will be coming out with at least one thing you can buy. We will need more ideas though, so if you have any ideas for what you can spend your VCASH on, Suggest (http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?6-Suggestions) something.

Next I would like to talk about the Update's themselves. I wanted to change the format of them to make them look more like Bungie's Weekly updates, but I need some help. That is where YOU come in. I would like to use screen-shots the community is using, so if you have any epic screenshots, link me some in a Private Message, and I will use them in the next update. After every update i would like to have a "BLAME STOSH" Video (someone in FC gave this idea, and liked it). I was thinking on calling the segment "BLAME Metty" as in Blame Metkil, cuz its always his fault =P. I need your help on the blame metty videos as well. Submit a clip no greater then 1 Minute (or around 1 Minute) to me, and will use the video's in all my future updates ( I will use all of the ones I get).

Lastly, we have new Smileys. For some reason I am obsessed with smileys, so went hunting for a few.. here are some of my new favorites... :blue flag: >=D:-D:banned:
Feel free to suggest any other smiley's you would like to see.

BOOT CAMPS

So I have been getting a few messages about boot camps, and when they will take place, and who do I have to contact.

Well, the Forerunners already started the process. In my last update I explained what was going to happen. But I will give you an update on the current matter.

Field Marshals have officially went through a boot camp, and now are officially FIELD MARSHALS. :clap: The next phase is getting all High Command members through boot camp, by Saturday, and it seems that I have not been contacted by the Field Marshals YET to let me know when their troops are ready. After the High Command goes through Basics, then the High Command will put all Officers in Boot camps, and then Officers can put all Enlisted through Boot Camps, and we will be back to normal.

On a side note, when Officers go through boot camp, I will post an army basic boot camp outline in each army's Boot Camp section for reference.

Rules are a Changing :rules:

Forerunners will now get to be part of an Army. That's right. But dear old Raz won't be in an army. NOOO SIR. I need to keep the peace. This is a new amendment.

Amendment III

1. Forerunner Participation

1.1 A Forerunner may be part of an army during war time.
1.2 The Forerunner may hold any rank within the army, so as long it does not interfere with the duties of a Forerunner.
1.3 A Forerunner that joins an army will earn an official army rank.
1.4 That Forerunner will uphold the duty of that rank, and is to not receive any "SPECIAL TREATMENT" from other soldiers from the army. He is to be treated as any other soldier.

This is the part where some community members may take a pitch fork and torches and set our homes on fire. BELIEVE me when i say this, that this is out the goodness of our hearts, and it is the last HALO GAME. With that Said I would like to say that members who were Perma-banned in our community's History, will have a chance to redeem themselves and return. HOWEVER.. it won't be easy as just walking in and signing up, there is a process. The Forerunner's have came up with an Amendment for these members who have been permabanned. BEFORE YOU GET PISSED, I suggest you read this, and hopefully you will agree that it is fair, and you will lay down the pitchforks.

Amendment II

1. Permabanned Members

1.1 All members who have been permabanned in past wars, are allowed to apply to come back into Forerunner Conflict.
1.2 All applications will be reviewed by the War Council, consisting of all Forerunners and the respective Field Marshals of both armies.

2. Application Form
2.1 All members wishing to return must fill out the following application.
2.2 Application form:
1. Current Gamertag -
2. Gamertag when Permabanned -
3. Reason you were Banned from Forerunner Conflict -
4. Why do you wish to return -
5. Do you accept all of the terms and conditions? -

3.Terms and Conditions

3.1 Members who apply, will be reviewed and then voted by the War Council. All of these terms and conditions must be accepted by the user before readmission into the army will be considered.
3.2 If the War Council approves the application, they will then vote on a Probationary Period of 30, 60, or 90 days, or any other amount they deem appropriate.
3.3 During this Probationary Period, all posts made by the user will need to be approved by a moderator before appearing in the forums.
3.4 No user that is on probation may participate in any official FC events.
3.5 If the user does anything hat violated Article VI of the Accords during this period, they will be given an Ultimate Indefinite Ban from the community.
3.6 After the end of the Probationary Period, the probationer will be returned to regular member status and will be allowed to participate in FC events.
3.7 Following the Probationary Period, the user will be equivalent to other members, and any past transgressions will not be used as reasons for future punishments.

Now, understand this. IF you can't understand the amendment, i will try to break it down into one sentence. "Members who were perma-banned will be put on probabation, and will only get 1 shot to not FUCK UP!"

I don't even like the people who may or may not be coming back, but since Years have passed, we would hope some would have matured, and hopefully you all are mature to understand this. If your still upset, well this guy can tell you all about why he is upset and maybe he will give you some insight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMBZDwf9dok

Mi Boys Dinner
10-15-2010, 01:40 PM
If this doesn't work, you'll be to blame. ^_^

Mad as Hell though.
*blows up Pluto*

Yehsus
10-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm disgusted.

HeavyArms
10-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Someone always is.

RetRdidMunkie
10-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, I'm waitin for the flood....

....this is gonna suck, but oh well...

Captain Poder
10-15-2010, 05:41 PM
where do you find your videos raz

Mi Boys Dinner
10-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Must calm down somehow.

*goes to 4 chan*

Deathhawk
10-15-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm happy, sad, but most of all im angry.

Andimion
10-15-2010, 05:53 PM
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm213/KratosAndimion/Forum%20Communication%20I mages/5ced3d91_7829_8c84.gif

HiiMFaTaL
10-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Well seeing as I am the only member that was perma-banned out of my group that knows or even cares enough to try and come back who should I send this message to?

I'm just going to post it here and if I need to send it to someone I can.

1. Current Gamertag - Hi iM FaTaL
2. Gamertag when Permabanned - FaTaL AcTioNz <-- I think
3. Reason you were Banned from Forerunner Conflict - Talking my way into getting admin and passing it out to my immature group of friends and proceed to "blow up" the forums and cause all sorts of havoc
4. Why do you wish to return - Cause Reach isn't fun without people to play with, and I don't care for ranking or stuff like that just wanna play some Halo.
5. Do you accept all of the terms and conditions? - Yea, seems reasonable.

ratingzachary
10-15-2010, 06:54 PM
So the bad news is everyone who Fd us in the butt in the past can come back?..im just saying they better not get boosted to like a General (high rank with meaning) in one day..

PS: if the phrase "Fd us in the butt" is not supposed to be use in the forums i am sorry

Metkil5685
10-15-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't think most of you are reading it all.

In order for a previously banned member to come back, it needs the approval of the 3 forerunners and the 2 army field marshalls. This is not a matter I take lighty, and I will be a hard ass when it comes to this.

RaZ Vader
10-15-2010, 07:18 PM

In order for a previously banned member to come back, it needs the approval of the 3 forerunners and the 2 army field marshalls. This is not a matter I take lighty, and I will be a hard ass when it comes to this.
>=D>=D>=D

Mi Boys Dinner
10-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Hopefully the probation will work?

ratingzachary
10-15-2010, 07:22 PM

You are correct i did not read it all, i skim over things (: sorry ill read it more carefully now

Acid
10-15-2010, 08:34 PM
and I will be a hard ass when it comes to this.

You're always a hard ass to me Metty *wink wink*

Captain Poder
10-15-2010, 08:36 PM
about being promoted, im not expecting to get promoted anytime soon, and personally i dont want to

Metkil5685
10-15-2010, 08:37 PM
You're always a hard ass to me Metty *wink wink*

wut

zZ Dr K Zz
10-16-2010, 12:34 AM
Hmm, fine.

This will do.

XxClearSh0txX
10-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Sounds good to me.

II Recanz II
10-16-2010, 11:32 AM
call me back when their gone.

RaZ Vader
10-16-2010, 11:58 AM

Im glad you can be mature about this.<_<

PhoenixPrime
10-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Just to clarify once more, a majority vote is required by the War Council, not a unanimous decision. The amendment simply restates what the War Council is composed of, not how many votes are required. A simple majority will do.

Mi Boys Dinner
10-16-2010, 12:01 PM
It's kinda like the Holocaust.

We've never completely forgave them, and it's been like 60-some years.

Just giving an example, no need to rage.

Metkil5685
10-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Just to clarify once more, a majority vote is required by the War Council, not a unanimous decision. The amendment simply restates what the War Council is composed of, not how many votes are required. A simple majority will do.

We might want to clarify that. Back to the admin boards with us.

II Recanz II
10-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Im glad you can be mature about this.<_<

oh no problem buddy.

RaZ Vader
10-16-2010, 03:21 PM
oh no problem buddy.

Sarcastic? Upset? We should talk if you are

AftershocK
10-16-2010, 06:37 PM

someone didnt have their wheaties this morning

HeavyArms
10-17-2010, 11:18 AM
People are gonna complain if things dont go their way. Thats just how they are. There are some people that I dont want to come back.

Kuhblam
10-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Meh, everyone gets a second chance. Of course, who says you can't put a cap in their ass if they mess up? Chillax, everybody.

L0rd Kanti
10-18-2010, 10:35 PM

uMad?

Mi Boys Dinner
10-19-2010, 12:12 AM
uMad?

*Points to profile pic* <---

Yehsus
10-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Meh, everyone gets a second chance. Of course, who says you can't put a cap in their ass if they mess up? Chillax, everybody.

I'm just sick of all these "second" chances.

Gargoyle
10-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Just because you may or may not like the guy/girl or what they may or may not of done doesn't mean they haven't change since whatever happened.

RaZ Vader
10-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Again I will stress not everyone will get these LAST Chances

MedeDust
10-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Well it seems I've been missing out on a lot. Damn, but next week when I get my quarter grades ill chill a bit more be more active.

GhostHammer
10-23-2010, 11:06 AM
As Raz has stated guys, and this goes out esp to all the vets who've seen these people before...

This will be the last HALO game unless some crazy miracle happens. Due to this the War Council believed it to be fair to give SOME a final chance on the last Halo game before they are gone for good. Keep in mind this is an APPLICATION type process, it's not a given.

Many of the vets know how much I am against a lot of these people and their actions, so rest assured they are being watched carefully.

HeavyArms
10-23-2010, 11:25 AM
This is not the last "halo" game. 343 Studios is taking over.

GhostHammer
10-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Yea but c'mon, Halo without Bungie? Heavy thats like sex without a girl, its quick, lonley, and you always have to deal with a HUGE mess.

Mi Boys Dinner
10-23-2010, 11:28 AM
......................... .No comment. v_v

HeavyArms
10-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Yea but c'mon, Halo without Bungie? Heavy thats like sex without a girl, its quick, lonley, and you always have to deal with a HUGE mess.

I never said it was going to be good. Im just saying that its not the last "Halo" game, its just the last good one.

TealGore
10-23-2010, 12:25 PM
alright

Andimion
10-23-2010, 02:25 PM

Interesting and valid point of view. Also, where the fuck have you been?!?! We've been worried sick!! ;)

L0rd Kanti
11-03-2010, 05:36 AM

Halo without bungie, by the route they've been taking their game, some of you might not agree on my statement, but that might be a godsend and not likely but hopefully breath new life into this dying series. Every game seems to be consistently trying to bring something new to the table that needs patching. They patched Halo 2, but they refuse to patch Halo 3 and Reach believing it is a game sent by god himself that has nothing wrong with it.

If their be errors in what i says its 5:30 and i have yet to sleep in two days.

They've done alright with Reach i will give them that, but it feels that this game is based on more luck than skill, then to counter that luck they give us AA's most notably armor lock. The DMR after weeks of playing with it is the most inconsistent weapon ive every played with. Which is why im glad MLG now lets me choose the superior weapon the Needle Rifle.

Gargoyle
11-03-2010, 08:12 AM
Asking for a perfect game is like asking for a million dollars on the street. It's still possible, but sooooo unlikely. Like many things in life, Video games are opinionated. That's why some people prefer RPG games over shooters. Put yourself in Bungie's shoes. You have a portion of gamers saying either.
A.)Fix the DMR
B.)Teh DMR = AWESOMESAUCE
C.)Effffin' A, bring back the BR
D.)It's alright but needs patches here and there

Judging on those choices, you can't pick one without pissing off a portion of the people. It's a lose-lose situation.

Captain Poder
11-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Halo without bungie, by the route they've been taking their game, some of you might not agree on my statement, but that might be a godsend and not likely but hopefully breath new life into this dying series. Every game seems to be consistently trying to bring something new to the table that needs patching. They patched Halo 2, but they refuse to patch Halo 3 and Reach believing it is a game sent by god himself that has nothing wrong with it.

If their be errors in what i says its 5:30 and i have yet to sleep in two days.

They've done alright with Reach i will give them that, but it feels that this game is based on more luck than skill, then to counter that luck they give us AA's most notably armor lock. The DMR after weeks of playing with it is the most inconsistent weapon ive every played with. Which is why im glad MLG now lets me choose the superior weapon the Needle Rifle.
i feel that 343 notices the mistakes of bungie and is liable to fix them for halo 4, which is good. sometimes a gaming company cant see the true flaws of their creation, but another gaming company and the community certainly can

L0rd Kanti
11-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Asking for a perfect game is like asking for a million dollars on the street. It's still possible, but sooooo unlikely. Like many things in life, Video games are opinionated. That's why some people prefer RPG games over shooters. Put yourself in Bungie's shoes. You have a portion of gamers saying either.
A.)Fix the DMR
B.)Teh DMR = AWESOMESAUCE
C.)Effffin' A, bring back the BR
D.)It's alright but needs patches here and there

Judging on those choices, you can't pick one without pissing off a portion of the people. It's a lose-lose situation.

I hear what you are saying but my main issue stems from the DMR's reliance on "luck" i dont have to pace it the risk vs. reward of pacing the DMR does not beat the risk vs reward of spamming. Too some ppl that "luck" stems from the DMR's bloom, this is the first time they have done bloom, and i beleive it needs patching. Keep it but patch it. Look at the NR's Bloom, it resets slower, its max bloom will mess up your shots, its risk and reward is in favor of pacing.

I know you can't make a perfect game right off the bat, but you can patch it. Something bungie refuses to do unless some person gets an advantage because of it.

I also feel that bungie sold out for greed, and didn't stick to their vision.