PDA

View Full Version : FM Campaigns.

Nocte
11-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Alright so I've seen both FM races thus far for both BLUE and REDD. I must say they are very boring, we need to spice things up a bit! So next time we have FM races we need to run it like an election. Before the polls are open, the candidates running for the office of FM have to campaign for it. First thing is that they have to of course state what exactly they are doing based on current issues within the community, but more importantly the army. We can even go as far as holding a hearing between the two where members of the army are aloud to ask the candidates questions with them being together. Cause all I really see are just a simple topic saying vote....

Come on this a "war-sim" lets have some fun with it!

RENGADE 0F FUNK
11-03-2011, 10:51 AM
eagle... not everyone loves to debate as much as you do

Nocte
11-03-2011, 10:55 AM

It's not debating, all I've heard from day one is that FM is all politics. Yet I've been in the spot under underneath the FM and rarely seen anyone act politcal. It's just right to the decision making!

bazongaman502
11-03-2011, 11:04 AM

hes just looking for attention....

anyways, good idea

Carpe Vexillum
11-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Videos could be made, people could make graphics, and we could deck out the site =D

Edit: Someones sore =p

Nocte
11-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Videos could be made, people could make graphics, and we could deck out the site =D

Exactly!

VerbotenDonkey
11-03-2011, 01:28 PM
I think its a good idea, makes things more interesting.

Silko
11-03-2011, 03:02 PM
To be honest, both of the "races" where almost unnecessary. On both of the FM elections we know who was going to win from day one. I think that is the root of this "boring" FM campaign. In future wars hopefully we will get people who make the vote split more and that will lead to a much more entertaining elections

GhostHammer
11-03-2011, 03:06 PM
To be honest, both of the "races" where almost unnecessary. On both of the FM elections we know who was going to win from day one. I think that is the root of this "boring" FM campaign. In future wars hopefully we will get people who make the vote split more and that will lead to a much more entertaining elections

^This, plus there's more important things to do than campaign, like WC stuff and prep for next war. The faster FM's are squared away the faster that stuff can get going.

Carpe Vexillum
11-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Yes, but its fun for the community.

GhostHammer
11-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Yes, but its fun for the community.

What would the community prefer? A shorter peace time so we can get back to what the community was formed for, or a longer peace causing even more inactivity and extend the length of the WC's work?

EriRi 1138
11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
While this is fun sounding, I think people forget that this place is definitely not a democracy. The Admins run this place as they see fit. Sure, we LOVE hearing the opinion of the community, we'll put up polls to garner feedback and whatnot, and trust me, the feedback is taken very seriously. But in the end, the administrators will literally handpick who the Field Marshalls are each war regardless of how well they can campaign.

So to remedy this back when I was Field Marshall, I combined the two ideas. I beat my army upside the head with the idea that I ran the show. I was the fucking Field Marshall, taking orders from no one but the Emperor, who I made up. I created that whole backstory and theme to give my army that same fun, militaristic, patriotic theme (campaign fliers = propaganda posters, inauguration speeches were grand-stand adresses, etc) without losing the concept of it being a literal totalitarian government.

I'm not saying either FM currently is at fault for not making it as engaging for their army, it was just easier for me since I had the graphic abilities to just do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. If I wanted my recruitment topic to look epic, I made it that way, just 'cause I could (I think it's probably still there).

Here are a few examples, just because I am so goddamn humble.

First time I considered the idea of mixing government/politics with Red Army:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z126/EriRi1138/EriChange.png

Very first REDD poster, back when I envisioned every Royal Enforcer as wearing ODST armor:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z126/EriRi1138/REDDposter.png

A favorite from Loco's series of posters for the army;
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z126/EriRi1138/REDDpropagandaPoster2.png

I further developed the concept to look like it was becoming viral
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z126/EriRi1138/REDDnewsarticle.png

The day prior to REDD's victory on Avalanche:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z126/EriRi1138/REDDMobilizationAd.png

And then me just going apeshit:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z126/EriRi1138/REDDWarbonds.png

Hope this inspires the FM's to cook up some fun with their armies!

GhostHammer
11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Eri you is a spoiling my suprises! :P ;)

VerbotenDonkey
11-03-2011, 03:50 PM
I understand where you guys come from with the Admin aspect, however you have to add some community aspect into it. Polls are still going to be set for about a week, so the Campaigns would be going on during this time. It isn't distracting and it gives the newer members some background on who they're voting for. They don't have to be long campaigns, even a simple speech would be ok. Obviously, I guess it would have to be up to the candidate to decide whether they even wanted to campaign. But even if you don't use the Army votes, at least its a fair vote and something for the community to do. And it gives the War Council the impression of how the Army more accurately feels about the candidate. The only problem I see with this is if one candidate attempts to slander the other, but they can recieve infractions for that so its okay.

Puba
11-03-2011, 03:55 PM
i love the idea

Fuzzy
11-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Campaigning is a obvious thing to do while running for any roll, you can't enforce it on any candidates though as it is there decision to campaign or not. The fact that nearly any or none campaigning happened during our Field Marshal Elections is because it was unnecessary to do so as the votes where clear cut on who would win. A campaign is an organized effort which seeks to influence the decision making process within a specific group, and if there is no influencing necessary why campaign?

Due to the fact of the pre-knowledge of who would win, the candidates turned there time and attention working on decisions and army wide matters important to the success of their army functions.