PDA

View Full Version : MW3 or Skyrim?

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Both of these games seem to have a lot of hype behind them. So vote for which one you're more excited for, and if you want post your reasons why.

I myself am very excited for Skyrim. I spent many hours and days of my life with Oblivion and I never got enough. The universe is so vast and has so much to keep you occupied you can play for months and never get enough. I will be at the midnight launch for this game and then I will immediately go home and pull an all-nighter playing the game in party chat with my brother. Oh yea and btw this will be my 1st midnight launch event :)

Mythonian
11-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Skyrim, definitely...

I wouldn't even put MW3 in the same league... at all. lol

VerbotenDonkey
11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Skyrim, no contest. But they ARE different games xD

I can't wait until MW3 owners open up their seals only to find a MW2 disc inside.

Acid
11-07-2011, 05:19 PM

I can't wait until MW3 owners open up their seals only to find a MW2 disc inside.

Ahhhhh I get it.

You're funny.

GhostHammer
11-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Both are different games, with two completley different styles and genres.

I'm stoked for both TBH.

iFurrious
11-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Never played any of the Oblivion games but I am pumped for MW3.

Andimion
11-07-2011, 05:43 PM
There is something other than Skyrim?!

Jokes aside, fuck Mw3.. lol there is 400 people at my EB waiting for Mw3.. I drove by and yelled "fuck mw3! Skyrim is better!"

Skyrim>Everything else

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-07-2011, 06:19 PM
^I think i'll do this tonight lol

and yea they'll all be very disappointed haha

Nocte
11-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Their is no hype for Skyrim, hype is something that means people think the game will be good and it never was. Aka hype for MW3 :3

Skyrim has. FUCKING DRAGONS RANDOMLY COME DOWN AS YOUR TAKING AND NICE STROLL THROUGH THE WOODS. Ya Skyrim is better, what does MW3 have different gun skins?

Captain Poder
11-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Skyrim<MW3

Puba
11-07-2011, 10:05 PM
skyrim!

Andimion
11-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Look at the VGAs. What game is on there, what game isn't? Problem? ;D

MedeDust
11-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Assassin's Creed!

bazongaman502
11-07-2011, 10:39 PM
im not a fan of Call of Duty... ill play it, but it doesnt mean i like it

I dont play the Oblivion games... it sounds amazing, but i dont have that kind of patience to play those kinds of games... Fable was kinda hard for me to continue playing.

They both look good, im renting MW3 just for the campaign, i might buy it, idk... but i will not be buying or renting Skyrim... however i hope it beats the shit out of CoD on sales

Generals
11-07-2011, 10:42 PM
ummm what kind of question is this? SKYRIM

GAMEHEEL
11-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Trick Question...... I'd pick Skyrim even if I wasn't gonna play it, because MW3 in my opinion is gonna be a hyped up game of course, but it is not gonna be that different then the rest of the series..... CoD is a series that has been drug out 2 far anyway..... just stating my opinion I say get Battlefield 3......

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-07-2011, 11:15 PM
MW3 will probably win an award or 2 somewhere for something, and Im sure itll get good ratings. But it will still be what it is...another COD game. There wont be any dramatic changes. We've all played it before. Skyrim is all new, they changed so much from Morrowind to Oblivion they were 2 seperate games that just so happened to be in the same universe. Peacetime couldnt come at a better time, cause I wont be playing much of anything else until january...with a few exceptions.

Carpe Vexillum
11-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Skyrim would give me more time... MW3 i like the story...

Where is the neither option?

bazongaman502
11-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Where is the neither option?

^this

zZ Dr K Zz
11-08-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm gonna make Skyrim my bitch!

Choca Cola
11-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Their is no hype for Skyrim, hype is something that means people think the game will be good and it never was. Aka hype for MW3 :3

Skyrim has. FUCKING DRAGONS RANDOMLY COME DOWN AS YOUR TAKING AND NICE STROLL THROUGH THE WOODS. Ya Skyrim is better, what does MW3 have different gun skins?
Keep your dragons, Majora's Mask has the whole moon!

HiiMFaTaL
11-08-2011, 12:57 AM
As a college student I feel that Skyrim gives me more bang for my buck. I get a LONG game and multiple ways to play the game and I can expect DLC out the bum. MW3 seems like they slapped a different name and copied a bunch of discs and send it out into the market.

Graphically Skyrim seems A LOT better.

Blackhawk570
11-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Skyrim. They completely changed the feel of MW3 so bad compared to past games. It isn't worthy of even being branded as a Call of Duty Game. GJ Activision in changing the way your game feels after your formula has made you the big bucks after several years

RENGADE 0F FUNK
11-08-2011, 03:20 AM
I for one am DEFINITELY getting Skyrim over Modern Warfare 2.5. (http://shorty5220.deviantart.com/journal/Devious-Journal-Entry-267876358)

Andimion
11-08-2011, 06:35 AM
The majority hath spoken...

Fuck Mw3

Blackhawk570
11-08-2011, 09:06 AM
I for one am DEFINITELY getting Skyrim over Modern Warfare 2.5. (http://shorty5220.deviantart.com/journal/Devious-Journal-Entry-267876358)

More like 1.5 the graphics are worse

Puba
11-08-2011, 09:45 AM
I for one am DEFINITELY getting Skyrim over Modern Warfare 2.5. (http://shorty5220.deviantart.com/journal/Devious-Journal-Entry-267876358) damm you i clicked the link lol i was about to go get the game from gamestop XD i just going to get my money back......

Andimion
11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh yeah, incade none of you know yet.. Mw3 was a huge flop. XD

See you guys friday bright and early when the real good.game is released. ;)

RENGADE 0F FUNK
11-08-2011, 02:11 PM
You were warned.

Andimion
11-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Doug... your sig made me look like a phyco at work.. I broke down laughing out of nowhere

RENGADE 0F FUNK
11-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Doug... your sig made me look like a phyco at work.. I broke down laughing out of nowhere

haha mede sig bombed me and i made the bombing even better xD

and its my facebook profile pic now too :D

Kuhblam
11-08-2011, 04:23 PM
HAH! Skyrim versus MW3? Gentlemen, I am ashamed!

~Kuhblam

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-08-2011, 05:12 PM
I think the poll results are pretty clear, this Friday will be an early christmas for FC

Andimion
11-08-2011, 05:17 PM
It wasn't a competition. We already knew the victor, if it can even be called a victory.

HeavyArms
11-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Every video Ive watched on Youtube, people hated MW3.

Juggernaut9473
11-08-2011, 05:18 PM
so how many of you kiddies actually went out and got Mundane Warface 2.5?

SuRroundeD By 1
11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I hate CoD . . . but I'm not buying Skyrim either soo . . .

I dislike Modded Warfare though for reasons which I don't need to explain.

I'm just not getting Skyrim because I don't have the money and I'm getting the Halo CEA.

MedeDust
11-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Bahahahaha

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-08-2011, 07:17 PM
It wasn't a competition. We already knew the victor, if it can even be called a victory.

More like a massacre. Or in halo terms a 'Steaktacular"

HiiMFaTaL
11-08-2011, 10:17 PM
I went ahead and bought MW3 needed a casual shoot to play online when I felt like letting anger out and Skyrim for a nice mind numbing single player fun time. So both have their respective places on my harddrive.

Puba
11-08-2011, 10:32 PM
I went ahead and bought MW3 needed a casual shoot to play online when I felt like letting anger out and Skyrim for a nice mind numbing single player fun time. So both have their respective places on my harddrive. wut he say

Silko
11-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Well seeing that I have never heard of Skyrim before hearing about in the forums going to vote MW3. And no Donkey I did not get a MW2 disk..... smart ass

VerbotenDonkey
11-09-2011, 01:07 AM
You hadnt heard of Skyrim before? ????

I have no comment for that ...

Nocte
11-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Well seeing that I have never heard of Skyrim before hearing about in the forums

GET THE FUCK OUT! JUST GO. YOU DON'T DESERVE A PLACE HERE ANYMORE!

Can we get like a mod or someone to ban him, whats he gonna say next he luvz Justin Bieber?

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Do you live under a mountain? Look it up, youll be amazed

Silko
11-09-2011, 09:49 AM
GET THE FUCK OUT! JUST GO. YOU DON'T DESERVE A PLACE HERE ANYMORE!

Can we get like a mod or someone to ban him, whats he gonna say next he luvz Justin Bieber?

No I do not live under a rock and No I do not like Justin Gayber. Other games have held my interest such as COD MW3, BF3, Halo CE, and the Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta.

Captain Poder
11-09-2011, 09:50 AM
i have several friends who havent seen skyrim before, i laughed at their ignorance

RENGADE 0F FUNK
11-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Skyrim? Sounds like a kinky version of a rim job.

GhostHammer
11-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Skyrim? Sounds like a kinky version of a rim job.

Rim job on a plane?

I've been happy with MW3, campaign was solid, multi has a couple cool features. Looking forward to Skyrim friday, that's going to be insane. Add that with Halo Anv. and BF3 I don't think many people will be leaving their houses these next few months.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
11-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Rim job on a plane?

I've been happy with MW3, campaign was solid, multi has a couple cool features. Looking forward to Skyrim friday, that's going to be insane. Add that with Halo Anv. and BF3 I don't think many people will be leaving their houses these next few months.

I will! To go play BF3 for realz.

JigokuNoNinja15
11-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I honestly haven't had a problem with MW3. I don't get why people are so apt to bandwagon on the troll that is about it being exactly like MW2. In fact i think it is more of a combo of Cod 4, MW2, and Black Ops without the gayness. As for Skyrim, i don't like that type of game thus i'm not nor will i ever buy it. Not saying its bad. Just don't like it. And another thing, if you don't like MW3 then don't buy it and leave it alone. I mean jesus, its like you're life is so meaningless that you have to bash a game that is commercially successful. I reiterate, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T BUY IT. Be a big kid and leave it alone.

Elementarykills
11-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I honestly haven't had a problem with MW3. I don't get why people are so apt to bandwagon on the troll that is about it being exactly like MW2. In fact i think it is more of a combo of Cod 4, MW2, and Black Ops without the gayness. As for Skyrim, i don't like that type of game thus i'm not nor will i ever buy it. Not saying its bad. Just don't like it. And another thing, if you don't like MW3 then don't buy it and leave it alone. I mean jesus, its like you're life is so meaningless that you have to bash a game that is commercially successful. I reiterate, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T BUY IT. Be a big kid and leave it alone.
^ This. Besides the Skyrim part. Always have been a huge RPG fan always will.

Silko
11-10-2011, 03:36 AM
Thank you for saying that Jigoku. Like I said earlier I have never heard of this game there for I am not interested into it so why in the hell should I buy it. Many of the people who are saying MW3 is just MW2 have not played the game and watching someone else play it is not the same. Watching game play doesn't automatically make you a CoD expert and you now know everything about it. When you have played then I will be willing to listen to your arguments. Seeing how I have played Halo, BF, and CoD, I think I am qualified to give an accurate opinion about these games.

The bottom line is this: If someone enjoys a game then let them play their games and stop trying to be a snob and think you are better then someone who plays that game simply because you think it is a bad game. Clearly they like it since they payed for it. Their money. Their life. Get over it.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Rented it from Redbox, was surprised by how much I am enjoying the multiplayer. Then again, Infinity Ward did make this one and not the super shitty studio Treyarch.

The campaign was awesome! Dat ending :-D

I love the weapon proficiency ordeal and the different types of killstreaks (Support FTW), I love the Recon Drone.

That hybrid scope is awesome, I hope more games use it in the future.

This game also has one of the best theater modes around, loving it!

I am impressed that this game sold 9.3 million copies on the first day, that's something to be proud of right there (Source (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/mangomanspeaks/news/?a=49638)).

bazongaman502
11-10-2011, 05:26 AM
i went over to a buddies house today and played MW3 with him... it really isnt that bad... it FEELS the same as MW2, but you can easily see the difference between both games... the story mode was great and multiplayer is still strong...

Skyrim looks amazing, however im not buying it because i dont like RPG games all that much, Fable is basically my limit on that...

This thread "MW3 vs Skyrim" should really be who is going to make more money... not which is better... otherwise its going to be a stupid fight just like how CoD had to fight with BF fans and Halo Fans on their past releases...

MW3 is going to break records in sales without a dought (if it hasnt already). Skyrim is only gonna attract a good size group, maybe around the same amount of sales Reach got last year, but no way in hell will beat MW3 in sales...

I wish luck to both (id prefer to see Skyrim kick CoDs ass) good luck, but you cant compare these two games like some people are trying to...

Captain Poder
11-10-2011, 07:54 AM
Rented it from Redbox, was surprised by how much I am enjoying the multiplayer. Then again, Infinity Ward did make this one and not the super shitty studio Treyarch.

The campaign was awesome! Dat ending :-D

I love the weapon proficiency ordeal and the different types of killstreaks (Support FTW), I love the Recon Drone.

That hybrid scope is awesome, I hope more games use it in the future.

This game also has one of the best theater modes around, loving it!

I am impressed that this game sold 9.3 million copies on the first day, that's something to be proud of right there (Source (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/mangomanspeaks/news/?a=49638)).
Treyarch should stick with tony hawk and spiderman to tell you the truth

Nocte
11-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Thank you for saying that Jigoku. Like I said earlier I have never heard of this game there for I am not interested into it so why in the hell should I buy it. Many of the people who are saying MW3 is just MW2 have not played the game and watching someone else play it is not the same. Watching game play doesn't automatically make you a CoD expert and you now know everything about it. When you have played then I will be willing to listen to your arguments. Seeing how I have played Halo, BF, and CoD, I think I am qualified to give an accurate opinion about these games.

The bottom line is this: If someone enjoys a game then let them play their games and stop trying to be a snob and think you are better then someone who plays that game simply because you think it is a bad game. Clearly they like it since they payed for it. Their money. Their life. Get over it.

I played MW3 and it is the same game, all gameplay mechanics are the same and the UMP is still as OP'd as it was before....

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-10-2011, 02:15 PM

Its natural for people to hate big things, like coke for example some people dont like coka cola so they will only drink pepsi. As for COD all being the same...it is. Or at least "the formula" is. Every COD game has systematically had the same gameplay since the 1st one and they multiplayer has been the same general idea since MW1. The only differences are slight modifications to perks, killstreaks, etc... Maybe some new weapons and new maps. The campaign story is mediocre at best. The only thing about it that stands out is the amazing set pieces. The way I see it is if I have 1 game then thats all I need. Im not going to spend $60 a year for something that I already have. And dont get me started on call of duty elite. COD isnt a bad game they knew what the general gamer population wanted and they delivered. The reason I am more excited for skyrim is because every elder scrolls game is vastly different. And basically every game Bethesda has made in the past10 years has been game of the year(for a very good reason).

bazongaman502
11-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Its natural for people to hate big things, like coke for example some people dont like coka cola so they will only drink pepsi. As for COD all being the same...it is. Or at least "the formula" is. Every COD game has systematically had the same gameplay since the 1st one and they multiplayer has been the same general idea since MW1. The only differences are slight modifications to perks, killstreaks, etc... Maybe some new weapons and new maps. The campaign story is mediocre at best. The only thing about it that stands out is the amazing set pieces. The way I see it is if I have 1 game then thats all I need. Im not going to spend $60 a year for something that I already have. And dont get me started on call of duty elite. COD isnt a bad game they knew what the general gamer population wanted and they delivered. The reason I am more excited for skyrim is because every elder scrolls game is vastly different. And basically every game Bethesda has made in the past10 years has been game of the year(for a very good reason).

CoD's MW campaign is "mediocre"? hahaha... Its probably the best storyline that iv ever played, id rent MW3 just to play it and get the Achievemets for it... otherwise, you did prove good points

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Russians attacking America? Its a little stereotypical. Granted it did get some emotion out of me when i first came out of the bunker to fin DC under attack. But the whole russian idea is getting old. In MY opinion anyways.

Silko
11-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Russians attacking America? Its a little stereotypical. Granted it did get some emotion out of me when i first came out of the bunker to fin DC under attack. But the whole russian idea is getting old. In MY opinion anyways.

I can understand what you mean but the story line goes past the good old America vs Russian conflict. MW3 gives you that conflict but it goes into a much more personal story of Price and Soup. CoD 4 was great the story was fun, but then MW2 came out and changed the whole story.

Its probably the best storyline that iv ever played

Then you haven't played too many good story lines. Yes the MW story line is good but it not the best I have played. Halo is much better and other games like Knights of the Old Republic, and other RPGs have a greater story line then CoD.

VerbotenDonkey
11-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Good story line? Skyrim?

=D

I have to admit, with all FPS campaigns, I usually am so zoned out trying to kill people and such that I'm not paying attention to what is going on story-wise =/ I hate that, I always try to pay attention but then when people start talking about campaign characters, I can never remember about certain scenes unless they're like huge scenes. But in RPG games like Oblivion and Dragon Age, for some reason I have no problem following the story.

iFurrious
11-10-2011, 05:31 PM
I love MW3, it is no lie, at least to me, one of the best games I've ever played. I wasn't expecting much from it but it is such a good game. I don't think it is like MW2, I think it is more like Cod4 with some elements from MW2. The multiplayer is a lot of fun and the story is amazing.

bazongaman502
11-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Then you haven't played too many good story lines. Yes the MW story line is good but it not the best I have played. Halo is much better and other games like Knights of the Old Republic, and other RPGs have a greater story line then CoD.

RPG's i dont consider campaigns... its more, do what you will (im not a big fan of those)

Halo, yes has a good campaign, however it isnt that great... they are fun, but there are plenty better then that...

still CoD in my opinion tends to have the better story then the others... remember its my opinion and i respect yours

HeavyArms
11-10-2011, 09:10 PM
LOL!

Mi Boys Dinner
11-11-2011, 01:19 AM
You kill Africans in MW3.

/racism

/thread

zZ Dr K Zz
11-11-2011, 01:58 AM
You kill Africans in MW3.

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/1957354_o.gif

Mi Boys Dinner
11-11-2011, 02:20 AM
Abandon thread! D:

But seriously, people like different games. Like Religion, don't try to cram it down someone's throat.

Sorry about comment, my sick humor.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-11-2011, 02:28 AM
Wasn't offended.

Just spoilers, garsh >_>

Mi Boys Dinner
11-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Sorry! D: But so far, MW3 looks and plays very well. Storyline is pretty good and solid for me.

I would have got ES5 but one thing stopped me.

All those fucking quests. I still have Fallout 3 and ES4 to play, but the vast amounts of quests will leave me bored and looking for something else to play.

Abas Fadel
11-11-2011, 03:51 PM
It is no surprise tp me that an rpg has beat out mw3 on a halo based forum. Halo should not be considered a fps it is just halo. halo is a no skill game. Real fps's like mw3, mod's, etc take real skill and halo fanatics cant compete on these real first person shooters. It makes sense that its an rpg crowd that plays and does well on halo but not a realistic shooter like mw3.

p.s. before you get you panites in a buch about the no skill comment let me say there is some skill in Galo i mean halo, but it is halo skill. halo skill is skill in halo meaning you are good at halo but it is a non transferable skill. it is a skill that does not transfer into any other first person shooter because halo is not a real first person shooter. There are few exceptions to the rule as with anything like some amazing gamers that do awesome at all games but i am mainly generalizing.

ShenmueZero v2
11-12-2011, 12:51 PM
I hope you are joking when you say it has the best storyline you have ever played. People are intitled to their opinions, but that was just retarted. I hope you were high when you stated that.

ShenmueZero v2
11-12-2011, 01:03 PM
The moder warfare games have massive plot holes but are still fun because of the setpeices, regardless of how generic they may be. Now with skyrim oor any bethesda rpg, the combat is always too damn floaty and never has that viceral feeling to it. Honestly thats the only problem i have with their games, outside of the numerous bugs that plague open world games.

I close with this.
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Talk:Call_of_Duty:_Modern _Warfare_3/Archive_1

bazongaman502
11-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I hope you are joking when you say it has the best storyline you have ever played. People are intitled to their opinions, but that was just retarted. I hope you were high when you stated that.

I wish i was cuz i dont like giving CoD credit... reason i say its the best campaign iv played is because i get hooked really easy while playing it. Once i beat the story, i tend to play it again... i dont do that in any other game iv ever owned. Im not a fan of RPGs, i bought Dead Island and played it because i like Zombie games. I bought Fallout 3 because iv heard good things about it, but i hated it (selling both games really soon for SR3)...

CoD has a great story (the best in my opinion), Halo was fun, but i couldnt play it again as many times as i have with the Modern Warfare series. Nothing against other games, but i dont see any that stand up to it (that i have played)... this opinion is also running off of the 360 games only, nothing else... My opinion isnt retarded, please respect it like im respecting all of yours.. thank you

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-12-2011, 05:03 PM
It is no surprise tp me that an rpg has beat out mw3 on a halo based forum. Halo should not be considered a fps it is just halo. halo is a no skill game. Real fps's like mw3, mod's, etc take real skill and halo fanatics cant compete on these real first person shooters. It makes sense that its an rpg crowd that plays and does well on halo but not a realistic shooter like mw3.

p.s. before you get you panites in a buch about the no skill comment let me say there is some skill in Galo i mean halo, but it is halo skill. halo skill is skill in halo meaning you are good at halo but it is a non transferable skill. it is a skill that does not transfer into any other first person shooter because halo is not a real first person shooter. There are few exceptions to the rule as with anything like some amazing gamers that do awesome at all games but i am mainly generalizing.

Halo IS a first person shooter, why? Because it plays in first person & you shoot things. Case rested. But lets not get off subject into a flame war. This topic is about which game people are excited for, skyrim or mw3.

And I would just like to say skyrim delivered, this game is fantastic!

HeavyArms
11-13-2011, 11:09 AM

RPG= Role playing game. Where you can do basicly what you want.
FPS= You shoot things and have little to no choice how the story progresses.

Halo is an FPS. Also about transferable skills, last I checked if you tryed to play Battlefield like Cock of Duty you get raped. Yes Cock of duty is so realistic, cause soliders run around with 50. Cals quick scopeing people and jumping of a ladder and throwing a knife. Cock of Duty is one of the most un-realistic game that has to do with modern war out there.

Kuhblam
11-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Quite frankly, that post at the top of this page is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. However, I'll stay out of this one.

Skyrim is easily the best RPG I have ever played. Furthermore, the scope of what you can do is overwhelmingly large.

~Kuhblam

Fuzzy
11-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Quite frankly, that post at the top of this page is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. However, I'll stay out of this one.

Skyrim is easily the best RPG I have ever played. Furthermore, the scope of what you can do is overwhelmingly large.

~Kuhblam

This exactly!

Trooper415
01-15-2012, 10:52 PM
i think both games are great but skyrim is better in my opinion

Jam Cliché
09-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Holy necrovote.