PDA

View Full Version : VIP Gametype?

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Hey so I seem to remember there being a VIP gametype back in halo 3. Now I know that there is no pre set gametype for VIP on Reach, however the custom games are soo customizable I know that we could make one. And I feel that it would be very fitting for a War sim, it could be like each army is trying to take out the other armies superior officer(even though it doesnt have to be an actual officer).

Thoughts?

Mythonian
11-09-2011, 09:09 AM
There is no way to set one up in Reach to be similar to the Halo 3 gametype that I know of.

Juggernaut is the closest, but you can't have teams with Juggernaut...

Even back in Halo 3, numerous people suggested things like this, but we never used them because we felt that the VIP would end up camping inside their base most of the time, therefore rendering that player unable to participate for part of the game.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Ooh thats a very good point, ill look around and see if theres a way we can counter that...

What if its similar to conflict where every kill is a single point but a leader kill gives you 2-3 points?

Mythonian
11-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Ooh thats a very good point, ill look around and see if theres a way we can counter that...

What if its similar to conflict where every kill is a single point but a leader kill gives you 2-3 points?I don't believe there are any options to designate a "leader"... xD

There is an option to designate that whoever is winning the game gives more points, but in team games it wouldn't work right.

Carpe Vexillum
11-09-2011, 12:57 PM
4 teams.

Red gets X Color, before the game the VIP goes to X team.

Blue gets X Color, before the game the VIP goes to X team.

Then they roll with their team and co-operate, yes it would make it harder because your team mates could kill you, but they can anyway already. You add up both teams points at the end, and wham there's your winner. The more negative the VIP the worse off the team is. This would take some extra spawn points added. Its a lot of work, its very simplistic, but it would run just fine.

EDIT: Its backwards a little, instead of killing the VIP and getting extra points, Killing the VIP takes points away from the other team.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-09-2011, 02:01 PM
^ This could worl. Lets say the red leader goes orange and the blue leader goes green? However if we could fimd a simpler way to make this work that would be great.

Carpe Vexillum
11-09-2011, 02:19 PM
I did research, there unfortunately is no way to manipulate gametypes for it. =[

VerbotenDonkey
11-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Eh I dont really like that. Simplicity is always better. Not to mention their own team could "kill" their VIP to get points. Sure you can make a rule against it, but then the Forerunners or someone would have to go through each VIP game and make sure nobody killed their VIP to get points. And whats special about that anyway, just sounds like a Slayer gametype, unless you add that when a VIP gets a kill it counts for double or something? Not sure I totally like the idea.

Carpe Vexillum
11-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Eh I dont really like that. Simplicity is always better. Not to mention their own team could "kill" their VIP to get points. Sure you can make a rule against it, but then the Forerunners or someone would have to go through each VIP game and make sure nobody killed their VIP to get points. And whats special about that anyway, just sounds like a Slayer gametype, unless you add that when a VIP gets a kill it counts for double or something? Not sure I totally like the idea.

That loophole is covered by the fact that the deaths of the vip count negatively towards the score. You'd end up with zero if you killed the VIP the whole game. Its counting on their K/D ratio not their kills period. But i see what you mean. Its too complicated, just thought I'd help facilitate ideas.

VerbotenDonkey
11-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Aaah I see now. It would definitely be interested, especially since you would have to be tactical about who to choose for your VIP. An interesting conception, still a little shakey on whether I would agree with adding it in or not.

Carpe Vexillum
11-09-2011, 05:17 PM
It would need to be tested, I will see what I can do. Unluckynumber, add Carpe Escapes and we can go over some ideas for testing it =] Or PM me and whatnot.