PDA

View Full Version : Reach Rank Cap

Fiery Grave
10-15-2010, 11:38 PM
"Bustin’ Caps

Thanks, Lars! You’re not the only one grinding their way through the Warrant Officer ranks. According to our forums, you’d be led to believe that we’re all at max rank with nothing left to live for. Of course, our stats say otherwise.

But Luke promised we’d talk about raising the level cap soon and today we have the details. Hope you’re up for a challenge. In the very short term future a thermometer will appear on the Bungie.net front page charting the community’s collective progress towards completing, wait for it…

117 Million Daily & Weekly Challenges!

Don’t freak out. Currently, our online engineers project that you’re on pace to hit that milestone sometime in November. I’d wager to guess that you’ll hit it early in the month, but hey, what do I know?

Well, I do know that when you do cross the 117 Million mark, we’ll celebrate by blowing the lid off the level cap! In the immediate aftermath, new ranks and armor will be made magically available for you inside The Armory, provided you have the rank and credits required. Time to get to work!

Oh, and no, we won't be counting boosted challenges."

so yha... all of you better get to work on daily challenges

zZ Dr K Zz
10-16-2010, 12:10 AM
That's awesome!

I like it when they do stuff like this.

Red Dead Redemption (a la Rockstar) has a similar method. When the community acquires a certain amount of money, they'll add a challenge that lets you get an avatar award.

Cool stuff!

Deathhawk
10-16-2010, 12:13 AM
Suhweet.
Maybe I'll make it to Lt.Colonel Grade 3 before that happens. Im in need of 80k credits

Captain Poder
10-16-2010, 12:54 AM
cant wait for the thermometer

LocoCrazy
10-16-2010, 01:05 AM
600,000cR's here i Come

I've already recovered my 200,000 cR's (im almost at 400,000 again)

Mi Boys Dinner
10-16-2010, 01:26 AM
I haz no credits. *points to over 50% Armory Completion*

And this is why.

Captain Poder
10-16-2010, 01:34 AM
points to 60% armory completion, 1uped lol

Mi Boys Dinner
10-16-2010, 01:42 AM
HAX. *throws computer moniter into Poder's face*

KillaDawg360
10-16-2010, 03:57 AM
Just what I thought, waiting till Black Ops comes out, poor Bungie.

Deathhawk
10-16-2010, 09:22 AM

Its a smart business decision.....

Fiery Grave
10-16-2010, 01:26 PM

and its not really waiting, if enough people start getting them all it might even be done before the end of october

Yehsus
10-16-2010, 02:11 PM
I cant wait for all the trashy people to move on from Reach to Black ops. Gonna make the game so much better.

Metkil5685
10-16-2010, 02:13 PM
I cant wait for all the trashy people to move on from Reach to Black ops. Gonna make the game so much better.

Yea, but there will be less idiots to laugh at/with.

Acid
10-16-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm the rank of Inheritor.....on my offline profile. Yes I modded. Once you unlock all armors you can make your characters looks just like the ones from campaign. Except Kat. I can't seem to find the robotic arm. But yeah. There's some pretty bad-ass armor.

zZ Dr K Zz
10-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Even me?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/49/dawson_crying.gif

Mi Boys Dinner
10-16-2010, 02:48 PM

Love you too, Yehsus. </3

Captain Poder
10-16-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm the rank of Inheritor.....on my offline profile. Yes I modded. Once you unlock all armors you can make your characters looks just like the ones from campaign. Except Kat. I can't seem to find the robotic arm. But yeah. There's some pretty bad-ass armor.
kat's arm is purchasable for 75k creds when you reach lt colonel, if thats the one your talking about

Acid
10-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Yeah I found it. It's a chest piece. I as look in the wrong spot. But the Pilot Helmet = my Fav(Especially the haunted version of it.)

Fiery Grave
10-16-2010, 09:11 PM
kat's arm is purchasable for 75k creds when you reach lt colonel, if thats the one your talking about

several different armor have it, not just the breacher like I plan to roll with but many others

Captain Poder
10-16-2010, 09:14 PM
yeah but for now we have to stick to what we have, hehe

Deathhawk
10-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Yeah I found it. It's a chest piece. I as look in the wrong spot. But the Pilot Helmet = my Fav(Especially the haunted version of it.)

To get haunted do you have to get EVERY helmet? or every helmet unlocked through lt. colonel?

Captain Poder
10-17-2010, 06:58 AM
every helmet, as in its going to take a while

Mi Boys Dinner
10-17-2010, 07:42 AM
It costs 1 CR Lol.

Fiery Grave
10-17-2010, 10:31 AM
does that include attachments?

Mi Boys Dinner
10-17-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't think there are any attachments for the Haunted Helmet.

Deathhawk
10-17-2010, 11:06 AM
does that include attachments?
I thought it was just base but, you'll have to get to reclaimer (that's the last helmet unlock apparently)
Some people say its all armour, some say its all base, some say its a halloween item (judging by the description)

Mi Boys Dinner
10-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Either way, it's awesome.

Acid
10-17-2010, 11:32 AM
It's an attachment of the Pilot Helmet. I have all the armor unlocked in my offline profile. I'm the Inheritor rank.(I deleted the updates). You can make your Spartan look JUST like the characters is the campaign.

Trent Man 95
10-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Its about time I'm tired of being Lt. colonel grade 3 it gets boring
And the topic of the haunted helmet its all BASE helmets then the haunted helmet will be unlocked under pilot for 1 cr

Toasta
10-17-2010, 11:41 AM
well if your a Lt. Colonel grade 3 depending on how much cadeits you got while being one you could possibly jump a few ranks, automatically unlocking a good few armor pieces

Trent Man 95
10-17-2010, 12:05 PM
well if your a Lt. Colonel grade 3 depending on how much cadeits you got while being one you could possibly jump a few ranks, automatically unlocking a good few armor pieces

I know that it just gets boring after awhile

Fiery Grave
10-17-2010, 12:11 PM
And the topic of the haunted helmet its all BASE helmets

thats what I wanted to know about, I was wondering if you had to buy all attachments

zZ Dr K Zz
10-17-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm mad about the fact that they're removing the Cage from Multi-team.

I love that map!

Fiery Grave
10-17-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm mad about the fact that they're removing the Cage from Multi-team.

I love that map!

thats the worst map ever.... of all time

II Recanz II
10-17-2010, 11:33 PM

No. Paridiso.

Mi Boys Dinner
10-17-2010, 11:34 PM

Agreed. Worthless map ever.

Andimion
10-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Cage, Paradiso, Zealot..... *crumple blue print designs and toss into the incinerator* <--- What bungie should have done..

Reflection = Fap... fap fap fap fap fap fap..... fap...

Fiery Grave
10-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Cage, Paradiso, Zealot..... *crumple blue print designs and toss into the incinerator* <--- What bungie should have done..

Reflection = Fap... fap fap fap fap fap fap..... fap...
zealot isn't that bad, but the cage and paradiso will slowly be fased out by the voting data

Mi Boys Dinner
10-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Reflection= Eh. IMO.

Captain Poder
10-18-2010, 12:44 AM
i would say nice avatar, but ive yet to determine what "it" is

Deathhawk
10-18-2010, 12:52 AM
There aren't any outstanding maps in this game.... and even less new ones.
Halo 3 didn't have many, Pit, Guardian, Narrows maybe, Heretic,

The only similar ones in reach are Asylum (which looks really boring)
Zealot (which is pretty much agreed on by everyone as garbage

Maybe its just that I prefer symmetrical arena maps over asymmetric clusterfucks. I didn't realize Zealot was symmetric for a while

Wait, werent we talking about the rank cap?

zZ Dr K Zz
10-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Nope your all wrong.

Boneyard is the worst one, such a terrible map for every gametype.

LocoCrazy
10-18-2010, 02:18 AM
This rank cap is pointless. Here is my reasoning.

1: They are just delaying the Inevitable.

And 2: letting people catch up? Anybody else smell that bullshit? Sure its cool that they're trying to get the community involved and I understand and respect that but putting a max rank is stupid.

And this rumor about Bungie adding in more armor effects, firefight voices, visor colours had better be true. I can Fuckie (Bungie) not doing that although it would be the smart thing. Maybe introduce downloadable add-on's.

For example: For 200 MsPoints you can a red & purple visor colour along with Dutch, Capt. Keys and some other Halo charecter for firefight voices.

zZ Dr K Zz
10-18-2010, 04:43 AM

And 2: letting people catch up? Anybody else smell that bullshit? Sure its cool that they're trying to get the community involved and I understand and respect that but putting a max rank is stupid.

And this rumor about Bungie adding in more armor effects, firefight voices, visor colours had better be true. I can Fuckie (Bungie) not doing that although it would be the smart thing. Maybe introduce downloadable add-on's.

For example: For 200 MsPoints you can a red & purple visor colour along with Dutch, Capt. Keys and some other Halo charecter for firefight voices.
The cap was basically a beta for ranks.

They put the cap because Bungie new that people will find exploits to get mass amounts of XP to reach the top level which is exactly what happened.

Challenge reset, ONI, Revert, Gruntpocalypse were massively abused during the first few weeks of Halo: Reach's release.

One of those resulted in banning people while others were nerfed.

If people find a way to fly through the ranks then people will abuse them to no end. Bungie was smart in this.

It'll be gone in a month anyways, enjoy the game. If you didn't rush to get to the top then you wouldn't be complaining about it.

Deathhawk
10-18-2010, 08:00 AM
This rank cap is pointless.
Yes, for ranking, it is, because no one is "catching up" in the long run. All your extra credits will carry over and promote you to the rank you would've been without a rank cap. It's just not visible

Like you said though theirs probably ulterior motive in play, here.

Kuhblam
10-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Meh, I can wait. Not like having new armor is going to help me in RL.

"Hey babe, guess what I got the other day. Yeah, I know what your thinking. The new Collar/Breacher armor chest piece from Halo Reach." *Stretches arms and fake yawns*

Deathhawk
10-18-2010, 05:08 PM

"Hey babe, guess what I got the other day. Yeah, I know what your thinking. The new Collar/Breacher armor chest piece from Halo Reach." *Stretches arms and fake yawns*

Kuhb, Your either my favorite person ever, (sorry Rob), or your skills of attracting women are on par with a bug.

zZ Dr K Zz
10-18-2010, 05:12 PM

Why stop there?

Show them those cool Onyx commendations you've unlocked.

Andimion
10-18-2010, 05:56 PM
lol All good Dalton, you know you'll always hold a special place in my heart.. But your still a betraying POS. =P love you

Kevin lets not talk about my Onyx Commendations.. please.. oh dear lord..

LocoCrazy
10-18-2010, 06:08 PM
This coversation went from retarded bungie, to opinions on this rank cap, to kuhblam being a tard (as usual), to gay.

RetRdidMunkie
10-18-2010, 08:00 PM

DIBS ON PURPUHL! ...If they let us haz that.

AftershocK
10-19-2010, 12:20 AM
im getting purple first

Mi Boys Dinner
10-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Oh yeah? Well I call dibs on Loco!

...........wait.......... fuck!

Damn you, stupid impulses. >.<