PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Skyrim!

Nocte
11-11-2011, 09:29 AM
So I just read the IGN review, 9.5. MW3 got a 9.0 :p

But the review made my mouth literally water, I hate school right now. I have three tests today, and my mind will barely touch any of them....

I just can't wait to get this game gents! Connor said it he got it last night and that it is awesome!

VerbotenDonkey
11-11-2011, 10:47 AM
It's definitely in my top three favorite games of all time. It's simply amazing. I wish I had more time before class so I could explain how awesome it is. Put it this way, even the water has physics. If you kill an enemy in the water, they float down stream. And if the waters deep enough, it hampers with your swimming and actually drags you down stream too!

Blackhawk570
11-11-2011, 01:05 PM
RPGs suck

Nocte
11-11-2011, 01:15 PM
RPGs suck

If your gonna be negative then I will kindly ask you to GTFO.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-11-2011, 03:44 PM
^ Agreed.

I got the game at midnight land havnt slept since, im literally falling asleep while playing the game. Im going to get some foid, take a nap, and get back to it.

Mr Funktastiiic
11-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Ive killed 5 dragons so there... need more, whats everyones kill count??

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Technically killed one, but ive absorbed 2 spirits.

Mr Funktastiiic
11-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Im moving up i got 7 now.

Nocte
11-12-2011, 03:28 AM
I've still got one I called it quits tonight on the count of my mom seeing my meh grades (straight C's) from last quarter and freaking out on me.

bazongaman502
11-12-2011, 06:34 AM
probably gonna wait till Black Friday to get this and MW3... my eyes are deeply on SR3 atm...

Skyrim looks fun and i would be stupid to atleast not try it... glad to hear good things about it tho :)

Spartanbh
11-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Skyrim.

Acid
11-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm really pissed that they pretty much fucked over those with SD TVs. A little bit on the sides are cut off, and part the top and bottom aswell. It's sucks.

HeavyArms
11-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Besides some normal glitches this game is amazing. AMAZING!

Acid
11-12-2011, 07:32 PM
If I were to play this game on my PC Monitor, would that fix the problem with the UI getting cut off on the edges.

RetRdidMunkie
11-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Ima werewolf. Join the companions. it's fuckin awesome..

Puba
11-12-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm really pissed that they pretty much fucked over those with SD TVs. A little bit on the sides are cut off, and part the top and bottom aswell. It's sucks. same here man it sucks ass

zZ Dr K Zz
11-13-2011, 04:07 AM
So what is everyone playing as? What are you currently focusing on leveling up?

I'm an Imperial - Male.

My main focus for leveling up is One-Handed Weapons, Destruction, Restoration, and Light Armor.

I haven't spent any of my skill points yet, no real need to this early in the game. I'm avoiding leveling up as well so I can take advantage of getting training from people, as it only allows you to do it five times per level like in Oblivion.

HeavyArms
11-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Nord Male.
One Handed, Heavy Armor, Two handed, Archery and Distrucition.

Puba
11-13-2011, 12:37 PM
iam a nord -male
one handed and block ,heavy armor , speech

Mr Funktastiiic
11-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Nord
Male
Heavy armor 57
Smithing 72
Speech 45
One Handed 64

Super rich and super strong... FUCK DA WORLD!

Oh and acid yes playing on a computer monitor works, thats what i play on and its better then most of my mates HD tvs :)

Acid
11-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks!

I'm playing as a:
Imperial - Male
Focusing VERY heavily on One Handed
Heavy Armor
Restoration
Destruction
(And kind of block)

I currently duel wield two Orchish Swords.
And I can decapitate people!

Also Elemental Fury(Dragon Shout) + Duel Wield Power Attack = Devastation, and it looks bad ass

If you want to know where to find said shout. Join the companions and one of the very early quests you have to deal with the Farwhals(I think that's what there called, they're like tribal people) and they're on the far west side. Well on your way there, there's a chance you'll come across this place called Dragontooth crater. There's a dragon there, some nice loot, and a shout.

Also when I fast travelled back there after selling the dragon bones & scales another dragon appeared there.

AftershocK
11-13-2011, 01:34 PM
I need a new tv. SD sucks with skyrim.

Acid
11-13-2011, 07:47 PM
It does. I'm going to see if playing it on my PC monitor would be better. I need to get the cords and shit first though.

VerbotenDonkey
11-13-2011, 07:49 PM
How about the fact my magic does like no damage to bears. =/

Nocte
11-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Male
Orc
One Handed and Destruction are my main attacks
Then gotta go with the Heavy Armor.

I'm loving the game so far, exploring ALOT! As for Shouts, just got a firebreathing one so I'm off to find and kill a dragon!

Mythonian
11-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Level 23 Wood Elf - Male
Primary: Archery / Sneak
Secondary: Smithing / Light Armor / Lockpicking / One-Handed / Enchanting / Alchemy

I must say, an Elven Bow (Flawless) and sneak attack criticals (with 3x perk) can do some massive damage... That's nearly 200 damage in one shot, and I can often get 3-5 shots in before they detect me. :P

Nocte
11-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Dragon Kill count at 2 :3 I love being an Orc battle-mage, I have Berserk which blows when in dungeons or caves because it makes everything darker, but at the same time I'm so strong haha

Raider0614
11-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Breton Male lvl. 14
Pure Mage learning mostly Conjuration Illusion and Frost Destruction
I guess i use onehanded since i conjure swords to fight most of the time...this game is too addicting

Nocte
11-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Just bought my home in Skyrim, the house in Whiterun. 5000 gold is bullshit for the house they give you, I hope you can fix em up like in Oblivion! Now I have a place to put all of my Dragon Scales and Bones. Those things are heavy as fuck!

VerbotenDonkey
11-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Just bought my home in Skyrim, the house in Whiterun. 5000 gold is bullshit for the house they give you, I hope you can fix em up like in Oblivion! Now I have a place to put all of my Dragon Scales and Bones. Those things are heavy as fuck!

If you haven't had her killed already, give them to Lydia. She's a great pack mule =D

And as I talked to Mythonian about, it's impossibly hard to shoot dragons out of the sky ... like I found a random Dragon encounter, it was flying over Fort Greyson (dont actually remember the name of the fort) and I kept shooting arrows at it, but I couldn't hit it so it just kept flying around and it eventually got bored and flew away ... So mad >.< One bad thing about them being randomly scripted is that they don't initially battles, so it's nearly impossible to start a fight with one that is flying.

Nocte
11-14-2011, 02:43 AM
If you haven't had her killed already, give them to Lydia. She's a great pack mule =D

And as I talked to Mythonian about, it's impossibly hard to shoot dragons out of the sky ... like I found a random Dragon encounter, it was flying over Fort Greyson (dont actually remember the name of the fort) and I kept shooting arrows at it, but I couldn't hit it so it just kept flying around and it eventually got bored and flew away ... So mad >.< One bad thing about them being randomly scripted is that they don't initially battles, so it's nearly impossible to start a fight with one that is flying.

That happened to me, I went inside a building. Came back out and it fought me, a minor glitch. Lydia died on like my 1st Companion quest :p

So I'm an Orc right, well I found Orc strongholds throughout the game. One is up where

Spoiler***!!!!!!!!!! If you haven't went to go get the artifact the grey-beards wanted you to get!

You have to help the Blade chick try and catch a dragon being resurrected.

Spoiler Over***!!!

I'm pretty sure it gives me free access to an Ebony mine too :p

Andimion
11-14-2011, 07:11 AM
This game lives up to its glory...

Nocte
11-14-2011, 08:44 AM
This game lives up to its glory...

That it does good sir.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-14-2011, 07:34 PM
For those of you that need to buy a house in order to store your stuff (such as me), but aren't willing to part with the cash just yet, then I have a glitch for you.

Go to the person that you need to buy the house from and make sure that there is a container nearby (or something else where you can put your items into), once you hit "A" to buy the house immediately back out of the conversation and select the storage container. Scroll down to your "Misc." items and put your gold into the container. The guy will hand you the key to house and then you can retrieve your gold from the container.

You just got a house for free! Congrats!

EDIT:

I can confirm that this also works when buying upgrades for your house.

Nocte
11-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Meh thats cheating.

Shouts I currently have:

Become Ethereal - Locked

Disarm - Locked

Elemental Fury - Unlocked

Fire Breath - Unlocked

Frost Breath - Unlocked

Slow Time - Locked

The other two you get from the beginning and following the main quest.

Unrelenting Force and Whirlwind Sprint

zZ Dr K Zz
11-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Cheating?

It's a Bethesda game.

>_>

Acid
11-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Cheating?

It's a Bethesda game.

>_>
QFT
I remember doing the arrow glitch in Oblivion.

Also what's the quickest way to get one of the words for the Slow Time shout?

Nocte
11-15-2011, 02:01 AM
I'm gonna hit the hay but before I do, I have to say that I finally forge my Orcish Armor and it looks BA!

Although I love the sleek love of my old steel armor.

Oh and I'm a werewolf, I have so many quests lines going on right now :p

VerbotenDonkey
11-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Being a werewolf is boss. But I noticed you lose your armor rating and pretty much everything related to your character, and I was rediculously weak because I haven't been putting many points to health, since I'm a mage. But it's still amazing with the abilities you gain from it xD

HeavyArms
11-15-2011, 10:11 AM
^ Reason I only go wolf if Im in deep shit.

Edit: Breezehome looks pretty nice when fully upgraded.

Nocte
11-15-2011, 11:27 AM
^ Reason I only go wolf if Im in deep shit.

Ya I've only done it the one time when it makes you.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Is anybody else a werewolf? Isnt it badass?

Kuhblam
11-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Is anybody else a werewolf? Isnt it badass?

I am. Took a bad turn while in stealth mode; fortunately, I am a werewolf so the guards were the ones who actually took a bad turn lol.

~Kuhblam

Acid
11-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Anybody having a sound bug with the "Elemental Fury" when the sounds just keeps gOING ALL THE FUCKING TIME!

VerbotenDonkey
11-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Damn, the Staff of Magnus is a bitch to get. That boss is difficult x-x

zZ Dr K Zz
11-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Damn, the Staff of Magnus is a bitch to get. That boss is difficult x-x
Haven't ran into that yet.

I did run into this undead guy called "Krosis" after I found and killed a dragon at it's dragon statue. That dude was an utter bitch to take down. He had a staff that shot mini nukes at me.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-15-2011, 11:13 PM
If anybody runs across a "hangover" quest (i forget the actual name of it, some guy starts off inviting you to a drinking contest) Go for it! The quest is a whole series of mini quests that are all a complete bitch! But it is totally worth it! The staff you get at the end is badass.

VerbotenDonkey
11-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Haha does that start off with Sam Guevenne (I believe that's his last name)? Cause I was in the middle of another Quest right before I got off last night, and I did it, but then it teleports you afterwards to somewhere (wont spoil it) and I didnt want to have to do some extra crap while doing another Quest xD Looked interesting though.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Do it donkey, the staff helps me out so much and i felt well rewarded.

VerbotenDonkey
11-16-2011, 12:11 AM
I have the Staff of Magnus, what are the stats to that Staff? Cause the stats to Magnus are pretty boss.

Nocte
11-16-2011, 12:16 AM
The Quest "Forbidden Legend" is pretty rewarding, it's pretty long and you must go through the first quest of the Mage College, but in the end you get and Amulet that increases your health, stamina, and magicka all by 30. Plus the mountains of other goodies from looting.

HeavyArms
11-16-2011, 12:41 AM
Anyone else doing the Theives guild?

Nocte
11-16-2011, 09:06 AM
I plan on doing every guild quest line, but right now I'm doing the Companions and Mage Guild.

HeavyArms
11-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Ive done Companions and the Dark Brotherhood. Very nice storys.

Nocte
11-16-2011, 09:39 AM
I heard the Dark Brotherhood is really fallen apart since Oblivion. That 200 years really did some damage.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-16-2011, 02:39 PM
You get to conjure a deadric creature, idk the name of it but its more powerful than anything i can summon on my own.

VerbotenDonkey
11-16-2011, 02:53 PM
I got the Wabbajack =D So much fun!

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-16-2011, 08:14 PM
I just got that one this morning it rules. Also I was glad to see they brought back the same voice actor for sheogorath :)

VerbotenDonkey
11-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Sheogorath is by far my favorite Daedric Prince. His quest is Oblivion was hilarious xD I'm kind of disappointed the quest in Skyrim for him wasn't as great, but I still enjoyed it. His dialogue always makes me smile.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Sheogorath is by far my favorite Daedric Prince. His quest is Oblivion was hilarious xD I'm kind of disappointed the quest in Skyrim for him wasn't as great, but I still enjoyed it. His dialogue always makes me smile.
I hope they release DLC that makes you go back to the Shivering Isles.

That would be AWESOME!

VerbotenDonkey
11-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I hope they release DLC that makes you go back to the Shivering Isles.

That would be AWESOME!

I wish I got to play Shivering Isles =/ I would be infinitely happier. But another DLC like it would be amazing. I fear they'll do something different though, Daedric aren't the main point of Skyrim like they were in Oblivion. And even if they did, they would probably focus on a different Prince since they already did Sheogorath.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-16-2011, 09:01 PM
I agree with donkey, besides as fun as the isles was id like to experience something new and cool, skyrim has a real viking feel to it, i want a dlc pack with similarly themed stuff.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-16-2011, 09:02 PM
I wish I got to play Shivering Isles =/ I would be infinitely happier. But another DLC like it would be amazing. I fear they'll do something different though, Daedric aren't the main point of Skyrim like they were in Oblivion. And even if they did, they would probably focus on a different Prince since they already did Sheogorath.
You....you didn't play Shivering Isles? :( You're missing out, big time, it's without a doubt the best DLC that I have ever played. Even better than the Shadow Broker DLC in ME2.

I just learned that you can steal stuff by placing buckets over peoples' heads:

http://youtu.be/bmI799kEOSk

VerbotenDonkey
11-16-2011, 09:10 PM
No I actually didn't =/ I just recently, like about a year and a half or so ago, began picking up on Oblivion. Didn't play Morrowind or Daggerfell either. So I barely completed Oblivion and never did Shivering Isles. I want to though. The magic kind of turned me off, I wasn't too pleased with how magic worked in Oblivion, so it was a slow game for me xD

And yeah I knew about the bucket trick but I don't do it xD It's hilarious to watch them walk around though.

EDIT: Anyone know any good mines? I need metal.

VerbotenDonkey
11-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Gah double post >.<

~SPOILERS~

This game is intense. I just liberated Whiterun with the Stormcloaks, and you start out a bit away in the hills, next to a trio of catapults firing flaming stones into the city. Whiterun is destroyed and on fire. Then you rush the ground between yourself and the city and assault a barricade, while Whiterun Guards and Imperial Soldiers rain down arrows from the walls. I breathe my Dragons Fire and destroy the barricade and the soldiers behind it xD Damn, this game involves so many plots its not funny. And it makes you feel alive in the action too, two large Armies clashing into the city. So epic.

EDIT: It makes it more epic that I brought Lydia along since she's suppose to be protecting Whiterun xD

Nocte
11-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Gah double post >.<

~SPOILERS~

This game is intense. I just liberated Whiterun with the Stormcloaks, and you start out a bit away in the hills, next to a trio of catapults firing flaming stones into the city. Whiterun is destroyed and on fire. Then you rush the ground between yourself and the city and assault a barricade, while Whiterun Guards and Imperial Soldiers rain down arrows from the walls. I breathe my Dragons Fire and destroy the barricade and the soldiers behind it xD Damn, this game involves so many plots its not funny. And it makes you feel alive in the action too, two large Armies clashing into the city. So epic.

Ya I would of kicked your ass like I did the rest of the Stormcloaks, tryin to wreck my home?!

VerbotenDonkey
11-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Haha yeah right! I woulda been all like BOOCHAAAAOOOWWW FLUOOOOSH WIIZAAAAANG!

And you would have died. =)

Nocte
11-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Haha yeah right! I woulda been all like BOOCHAAAAOOOWWW FLUOOOOSH WIIZAAAAANG!

And you would have died. =)

Nah see I would of just used my Exquisite Skyforge Steel Sword and chopped your ass to pieces.

VerbotenDonkey
11-17-2011, 11:10 AM
And I would use my very cheap combo of Lydia and a Flame Atriarch coupled with my dual-spelled fireball, which keeps you infinitely stunned, and killed you. =)

Nocte
11-17-2011, 11:36 AM
And I would use my very cheap combo of Lydia and a Flame Atriarch coupled with my dual-spelled fireball, which keeps you infinitely stunned, and killed you. =)

Ya and I'd just summon my Dragon using my shout...

HeavyArms
11-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Id just smash both of your xboxs I win.

RetRdidMunkie
11-17-2011, 05:50 PM
I GOT YOUR BACK DONKEY!!!

Nocte
11-17-2011, 06:12 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/REDDEAGLE2010/photo.jpg

Just killed my first Dragon Mage Krosis and this is what I got mask giving me 20% better Lockpicking, Archery, and Alchemy. I found him Bronze Water Cave.

VerbotenDonkey
11-17-2011, 06:33 PM
I GOT YOUR BACK DONKEY!!!

<3

P.S. My mask wins. 100% increase in Magic Regen =D

zZ Dr K Zz
11-17-2011, 08:24 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/REDDEAGLE2010/photo.jpg

Just killed my first Dragon Mage Krosis and this is what I got mask giving me 20% better Lockpicking, Archery, and Alchemy. I found him Bronze Water Cave.
Hated that guy so much.

I'm still going through my back-log of side quests. I completed a lot today, but it barely put a dent in the amount of quests I need to complete.

One of them involves killing a Giant. Anyone know of a good way to take down a giant?

VerbotenDonkey
11-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Get him stuck and run around in circles around a small cliff or outlet of rock, continuously shooting magic at him. Also, it works with Mammoths Im not sure about Giants but if you go under the bridges and through the other side, they can't go underneath so they need to walk all the way around and you can continuously do that.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Get him stuck and run around in circles around a small cliff or outlet of rock, continuously shooting magic at him. Also, it works with Mammoths Im not sure about Giants but if you go under the bridges and through the other side, they can't go underneath so they need to walk all the way around and you can continuously do that.
I'll keep that in mind.

Turning down the difficulty all the way should help as well.

VerbotenDonkey
11-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Haha I did it on medium difficulty (Adept I believe) and I was fine.

Although I'm kind of mad that they're easier to defeat than dragons.

Nocte
11-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Haha I did it on medium difficulty (Adept I believe) and I was fine.

Although I'm kind of mad that they're easier to defeat than dragons.

You mean harder? Cause I've fought two Giants and both resulted in me getting hit once and dying...

VerbotenDonkey
11-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Gah yes >.< I meant that Dragons are easier to defeat. Giants have more health.

HeavyArms
11-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Gaints also have like a two hit ko going for them.

VerbotenDonkey
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Dragons have a 1hit KO as well, although most people just stay far away.

And using Ice Spells on Giants destroys their stamina, taking away their one hit KO attacks.

Nocte
11-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Donkey Morokei wasn't hard to kill. I have a fireball staff that does 50 damage ^.^

zZ Dr K Zz
11-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Dragons have a 1hit KO as well, although most people just stay far away.

And using Ice Spells on Giants destroys their stamina, taking away their one hit KO attacks.
I'm always up close and personal when fighting a dragon.

Puba
11-25-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm always up close and personal when fighting a dragon.same here :p

Sangheili Ekim
11-29-2011, 04:55 AM
I have a harder time with Dragon Priests than I do with Giants or Dragons.

Captain Poder
11-29-2011, 10:06 AM
i have the hardest time with draugr deathlords, which i face the majority of the time at my level

RENGADE 0F FUNK
11-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Poder... go out and get some pussy man. Theres no excuse for being level 80.

Acid
11-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Hand > Pussy.

Now gtfo and never mention that to us again.