PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we aren't a war-sim... (Eagles Blog)

bazongaman502
11-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Alright since people keep saying "put this in suggestions", fine, i will:

Heres Eagles original post:

So I'm seriously beginning to wonder about this place and if it is actually a war-sim community or rather just a simple community that fights in civil wars for a prolonged period of time....

This Topic was closed.

Because I do believe that idea of a war-sim is to act like we are two separate factions that wish to wage war on one another meaning that we go after each other! Not just on the battle-field. But oh no it's now against the rule to do such a thing, and if we want to do it we are shunned away to the Creative Writing section of the forums. When we should be allowed to litter the forums with REDD or BLUE propaganda after all the community is centered around such things....

The funny thing is Ghosthammer's final comment before he closed the thread.

All of you whining there is no section, there is, it is called creative writing. Stop complaining about it, you have your section "Creative Writing" so start something up in there. Do we not remember this topic?

Hell Cody even broke the Accords to stage that fictional political duel on the forums (to anyone who is fairly new I was the REDD General at that point in time).

For a point in time when Cody became FM and Loco was ousted we started getting more war-sim feeling things going such as the topic posted above. Jonathan Craig was a great addition (haven't heard much from him lately) What about Augustus? Haven't seen him in forever, and the AI's that Scarekro and Ba11z found on the members list. Those were never even heard from, we do however get two more Mods. And told not to post war-sim related articles anywhere but the creative writing section. When having fun with the damn war-sim fiction to interact with other members is in no way shape or form creative writing. Creative Writing is like one of the many stories written by one person or perhaps an RPG you can find in the Creative Writing sub-forum.

Wanna know why people don't stay here, or use the forums except for the few who do is because there is absolutely nothing here to keep them using them. Nothing, except a rule system that is over enforced for no reason and an almost none existent backdrop for the wars as we can clearly see....

Eagle has a massive point, he actually holds another great point:

I'm not bashing it, I'm pointing out problems and voicing them publicly. So that people know which side to choose, I was never one to hide the things I did. The real problem isn't me complaining, because no one complains. No one brings up the issues in this place, they just stare at it say "fuck it" and move on. And honestly this is a suggestion and well thought out took me at least 30 minutes to properly type this up.

And no I don't want somebody else to do it, if I was in HighCom right now I would push the issue and do it myself. This isn't something hard to fix it's called removing some rules and allowing people to do things that relate to the war-sim aspect of this community. No one does these types of things before, or if they do they generally bash everything. I'm not bashing anything, I'm simply stating the facts that I see laid out infront of me.

Eagle is right... this wont be hard to change, it just has to be allowed...

like hell, if we are just "role-playing" we can even place a "I am Role-playing" sig at the bottom of the post just so that people know you arent really just trying to be a dick... it would bring fun and im sure REDD and BLUE would have a blast bashing each other out of good fun...

High Com doesnt always see where 2 friends are doing a fake fight, rather they see a flame war that truely isnt their.... Like for example: (im Role-Playing) "Fuck you Eagle, your a trator to REDD and we here at BLUE can not trust you" (i love you Eagle, dont take this personal), Eagle then could make a remark in a funny way and immediatly somone comes diving in and either gives a warning or just sends them to the court room a BAM! they are banned... but all i was doing was having a little fun and so ways he...

Point is, is that we arent givin this open ability to have this kind of fun, these rules are limiting and possibly runining FC in a way... give us these freedoms and the "Peace Time" and "War Time" periods of the forums wouldnt be as dull... its even come down to the point of people making a second post of the samething... (for example) the Battlefield 3 posts... theres like 4 of them just talking about the beta and 2 of them talking about the game in general... do we really need to keep talking about the samething in multiple threads? no, but we kinda have to or this forums will be dull and boring...

This community is basically turning into a War with to many rules and is making people leave... iv seen people sign up one day but never show up again (probably other reasons as well) and then theres some (like myself) that nearly left or did leave after a short period of time (i nearly left 3 times, but i dont want to watch this community fall apart unless i can help save it... this is one way we can do so)...

This really isnt a suggestion anymore, its basically either you do this, or more people are going to leave... basically soon to just leave certin individuals and new people signing up and quitting rather soon...

(sorry if i came off like an ass, but this had to be appointed)

Anarchy
11-17-2011, 12:38 PM
It's all fun and games until someone gets butthurt.

That's really all it boils down to. I find it odd myself that we have to be so polite, but without it, we'd probably lose members from the general cutthroat atmosphere.

Taking off such rules might initially have a good impact and start a more fun experience, but it only takes one or two people getting insanely butthurt to spark something ugly.

Even with that, I do have to agree.

Carpe Vexillum
11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Why can't people just leave well enough alone? Honestly, just cut the bullshit. Do your war sim thing. But make sure its respectful and truly fun for everyone. If you need to say something on edge, make sure you think about the wording. Other then that there are no problems, no ones banning most of the ideas above. Make graphics, post your propaganda "In the right section" and most of all have fun. Just because the mod's and people don't do it because of their workload already, that doesn't mean you are stopped. I honestly don't see what the problem is here. Let's move on.

Nocte
11-17-2011, 01:31 PM
No one has ever said that the mods don't do it.... I'm simply saying that we don't need to be moved to the creative writing sub-forum because for one it isn't creative writing and for two because we don't need to condense the war-sim aspect of the community down any further then what it already is. And it is always respectful, because no one ever means disrespect. Saying something on edge and starting fights defending your Army is the best part of the entire thing. Think of the two factions sitting in a bar and they start to fight, thats what I picture when we used to do things like that. Now you call the other army out in the results and everything gets shut down.....

Spartan said it best this community was perfect when it was simple. Sure we can keep all of the things dealing with the war-map and such. But make the rules simple, don't make rules to try and force people to respect each other. Rather create rules that people can respect and they will be respected. It seems that anytime I've posted a topic that has a debate. I posted that it would be watched and then after that mods and admins still felt in necessary to reinstate that they are watching....

bazongaman502
11-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Why can't people just leave well enough alone? Honestly, just cut the bullshit. Do your war sim thing. But make sure its respectful and truly fun for everyone. If you need to say something on edge, make sure you think about the wording. Other then that there are no problems, no ones banning most of the ideas above. Make graphics, post your propaganda "In the right section" and most of all have fun. Just because the mod's and people don't do it because of their workload already, that doesn't mean you are stopped. I honestly don't see what the problem is here. Let's move on.

so talking about the samethings (that were talked about and ended months before hand) are fun?... that is false

Where is the right suggestion for these kinds of things?... there isnt one

(smooth talking voice... not flaming)

Carpe Vexillum
11-17-2011, 04:53 PM
so talking about the samethings (that were talked about and ended months before hand) are fun?... that is false

Where is the right suggestion for these kinds of things?... there isnt one

(smooth talking voice... not flaming)

This post doesn't make sense. I never said anything about talking about the same things. I never said anything about infringing speech.

The correct SECTION's would be...

*Blogs
*Army Forums (Take it up with you FM.)
*Creative Writing
*Signatures/Avatars
*Groups (No one uses them, now is a good time to start.)

I have a REALLY good idea for you guys. Host 'Events' to help with your Role Playing needs. Host specific events that cater to your ideas! That helps you and the community.

Keep in mind that these specific forums wont be around for very much longer.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
11-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Bazonga and eagle will you have my children.

The kids are right. The FC of the H3 era (when cody was still on "leave") was awesome. Yea, Halo 3 kinda sucked compared to H2 but the community was thriving. And more importantly, we had guys like Loco and Eri making propaganda posters by the handful. The back story of FC was being put into a solid entity that we all "believed" as we fought on battle nights. Hell, i remember when eagle first got here he went on and made posts in redd saying motivational speaches n all that had to do with pleasing the Almighty Enpororer.

Whats changed?

This is many things. Its a mixture of people and stupid decisions and even recruiting.

One key thing is (sorry to use direct names but its at the point where its needed) guys like Cody follow the accords like Biblical Literists. Sure, a flame war is brewing but if its a role playing flame war, refrain from making multiple posts saying crap like "Remember to follow the rules"which ultimately causes people to break off topic. That thread eagle made in open convo could have prospered. Things like that have been a rarity in this place.

Second issue is the recruiting. When we originally recruited in H2 and 3. We advertised that we were a War Sim. What's this mean? It means we are into Military ROLL PLAYING. Where in that does it cause any of you to go recruit MLG try hard ass holes in order to just win. Never ever once has that been the goal of this community. I was even told when i first joined this place that the community was created to get away from the "winning is all that matters" mindser of mlg and matchmaking which is what got me so interested in this place in the first place.

Last is stupid decisions. The only one ill say though, is removing SpartanBH's power to see the high command ans war council forums. Hes the last founder left thats active here, listening to him may just help you out a bit, as he did create this place with raz...

Well im done, god knows ill get an infracfion for saying the truth.

Edit:I mind the typos, i typed this on my phone.

GhostHammer
11-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Thank you Bazonga for sugesting something properly. Would've been nice to see a re-write with points rather than copy paste but heck it's in the right spot. See people, posting in "Suggestions" is a good way to make them.

Keep in mind everyone, while I'm sure the WC will be looking at this, it is the LAST thing on our list right now. Let's not forget we're having to switch forums and prep for another war, all of which are our primary focus as of this time.

Kuhblam
11-17-2011, 05:07 PM
I will talk to the War Council about this; I never quite agreed with closing those role-playing threads until they got to ridiculous lengths. Maybe it's because I'm a former writer of crap science fiction, I suppose.

However, I will stick by the administration team no matter what we decide. If they want to look at something a certain way, I will support them. We have these rules and we follow them to a letter because a majority of bumbling idiots in your numbers would cause this community to self-destruct without them. Furthermore, I will not be threatened with "do this, or more people will leave" attitude.

Anyways, in the words of Raz, "quit yo' bitchin'." I'll do what I said and talk to the WC soon.

~Kuhblam

----

http://i39.tinypic.com/262lhed.jpg