PDA

View Full Version : Detailed Squad Stats

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-23-2011, 02:05 PM
I had an idea yesterday while thinking about the stats that get posted during war time. What if we added more detailed stats for a squad as a whole? We have "most games played" and etc... And for soldiers we have "most kills" etc... What if he had stats for example kills as a squad combined? Or which gametypes the squad plays the most? Also i'd like to point out that I already do knowthat the stat department is always crazy busy and mythonian does most of the work himself, so what if we just put squad leaders in charge? And as an incentive to do it squads could get rewarded for placing in the top for a given category.

What are your thoughts?

Anarchy
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM
When it comes to squads, winning and losing are all that truly matter... Individually, having more kills might mean something, but as a team your amount of kills don't mean anything, as long as you're winning. Gametypes would be the same.

Decent idea, but I don't see a great need for it. But that's just my two cents.

Blackhawk570
11-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Also i'd like to point out that I already do knowthat the stat department is always crazy busy and mythonian does most of the work himself

:'(

Mythonian
11-23-2011, 02:24 PM
The problem with doing Kills and such is that players will move around between squads, new squads will be formed, etc. If a player transfers to a different squad half-way through the month, it becomes difficult to get accurate stats.

I'd be fine with the squad leaders being in charge, but the problem is that they will likely either do it wrong, or won't do it at all. If we had more people actively participating in the statbook, it would be easy to expand it, but currently very few people are willing to help out.

Gametype counts are something I plan on including next war, so expect that. (this is something I can automate easily).

EDIT: Blackhawk did a hell of a lot of work, so give him credit. He ended up being pretty much the only one doing the Player Stats, and even though I handled everything else, it wasn't much more work. 80% of the statbook is automated... :)

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-23-2011, 06:08 PM
These are good points and thats kind of the response i expected. However it is possible to lose a game and still get more kills than the other squad, unless its conflict. Trust me. But the stats also dont just have to be kills.

Mythonian
11-23-2011, 06:28 PM
These are good points and thats kind of the response i expected. However it is possible to lose a game and still get more kills than the other squad, unless its conflict. Trust me. But the stats also dont just have to be kills.

I have nothing against doing it. In fact, I want to do it. However, we cant unless people start helping out more.

Fuzzy
11-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Inputting the stats is no easy work, it is very time consuming and there are only a few people that actually help out with the stats. Last war it was just Maxdoggy, Blackhawk and I inputting player stats (Blackhawk with the most) while Mythonian maintained the rest of the stat book. The workload piles up and you have to manually input every single kill, assist, and death per player per game. If we were to add more things to that criteria than it would take longer and more manpower would be required.

While it would be nice to have those things as additional stats it would make the inputting process much more difficult.

Gargoyle
11-23-2011, 07:48 PM
<.< Alright I get the hint.

I, Gargoyle, officially throw my name in for the duty of number-ness!

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-23-2011, 08:52 PM
I actually will be getting a new computer this weekend once there's a lot of deals out. I would be glad to help myself.

SuRroundeD By 1
11-23-2011, 09:17 PM
I kept track of my kills, death and K/D all on my phone haha. I didn't know we had a stat system here until I saw Myth post about it.