PDA

View Full Version : New Site, New Enlistment set up?

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey so if I am correct I believe that we will be getting a new site soon? Well I would like to suggest that we make it easier for new members to learn how to sign up and get assigned a unit so they can participate in battles. A few members I referred came back to me asking loads of questions on how to navigate the site. I propose that we make a big red button on the home page that says something similar to "Want to sign up for battle? Click here" perhaps something not so cheesy, but just as obvious. It would redirect new members to the enlistment forum. And perhaps even provide a disclaimer saying that once they register for an army they will be contacted on how to get started. Also, and this is big. The format for how to register in each armies forum should be at the very top of the thread. not in the middle somewhere or at the end, and it should also be very big. The goal is to not make this a scavenger hunt. We need to make it very easy for new members to figure this out.

Blackhawk570
11-23-2011, 10:27 PM
I think no matter what you do if someone is a newbie to forums then you will need help navigating no matter what. I have used forums before and navigating this site is easy nonetheless except the Squad sections are sloppy.

HeavyArms
11-24-2011, 12:00 AM
No one uses the army sections anyway. Most the time if High Command or Officers talk its over XBL. Makes me wonder why there there.

VerbotenDonkey
11-24-2011, 12:14 AM
I agree Unlucky. It needs to stay off the FC Insider page and start people on the Forum page. It makes things easier cause the Forum tab is hard to find for some people. I agree with a tutorial as well, Deadite said he'd make a video tutorial awhile back, I wonder if he still would.

bazongaman502
11-24-2011, 12:40 AM
I agree Unlucky. It needs to stay off the FC Insider page and start people on the Forum page. It makes things easier cause the Forum tab is hard to find for some people. I agree with a tutorial as well, Deadite said he'd make a video tutorial awhile back, I wonder if he still would.

i thought he did... i remember seeing a video on our homepage with it a few months ago... idk where it went to tho

silversleek
11-24-2011, 12:57 AM
it got buried by other news.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
11-24-2011, 01:12 AM
I don't see a problem with it on the insider page, it just needs to be fixed to it and not fall down the list. If there would be some way to keep it at the top we wouldnt have problems.

Mythonian
11-24-2011, 08:13 AM
1. That forum intro can be found here (http://fcwars.net/forums/content.php?174-FC-Intro-to-Forums).

2. When someone creates an account, they get a special PM from Metkil. Within that PM is a link to that video, a link to the enlistment office, a link to the Accords, and another to the Introduction section.

3. Also, when someone creates an account, a "notice" shows up and tells them to activate their email. After they activate their email, it changes and tells them to enlist in an army and gives them a link. After that, it tells them to post in the Introduction section.

I've tried to make it rather easy to get introduced to the site and enlist in an army. However, it will become easier after my little project is completed; I've got several things planned. (this will take longer than the end of the month, by far)

However, we aren't truly going to a new site. We thought we were going to, but we found another method where we switch server plans without actually changing the site much. Everything should be worked out without you guys noticing anything. (saves us lots of money also).