PDA

View Full Version : FC Update 4.3 (Important, Please Read!)

Kuhblam
01-01-2012, 10:47 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/FC_Logo_01.png
FC Update 4.3

Howdy, folks. Two small but very important announcements you should be aware of.

Also, sorry SpartanBH. I think I ate your chocolate squirrel.

Slight Weapons Leak

As you all know, our website had a pretty major hiccup last night. For the full details of how that Mexican Standoff occurred and the immediate aftermath, check out Metty's update <<here>> (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?4539-What-just-happened-!). We are very certain of who it was, so rest assured. Feel free to speculate, but at this time we will not be releasing or tossing out any names. If you do for some reason know, we ask that you respect that privacy until we feel the need to make a name public.

That being said, we've reverted to a month old backup of the website, meaning any accounts created since then have been deleted and any/all posts created since then have been deleted as well. If you guys want to re-post Merry Christmas for everyone, I've got nothing against you.

If your user group is incorrect or you are not in the right army (many of you switched between during that month-long time period), if you are missing VCash, etc., please post in the Official Forum Restore Topic (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?4565-Official-Forum-Restore-Topic&p=52131#post52131). Make sure to tell anyone you've recruited who's account may have been deleted to re-register as well.

In any rate, a lot of work done on the forums has since been erased and it'll take awhile to get back to normalcy. Luckily, we have copies of the major documents so that's not a major problem, but the Field Marshals and their HighComs did a lot of work re-arranging their forums and getting set with updates etc. In response to that, take a look at what's below.

Wars Delayed

R.E.D.D. High Command has requested a delay of the war start date due to problems caused by the recent website hack that have reverted a lot of work done. The Forerunners also feel that B.L.U.E. could use a delay of game handicap as well.

As a result, the War Council is pushing back the start date to give both sides more time to prepare for the war. That date is the following:

----
January 15th, 2012 at 6:00pm EST
----

Continue with your preparations, gentlemen. The time for cracked shields and splintered armor is coming up very fast and you need to make sure every man in your armies are ready for the war.

~Kuhblam

Sangheili Ekim
01-01-2012, 11:05 PM
EEHHHH. Ive been looking forward to next Sunday all December :( This blows.

bazongaman502
01-01-2012, 11:05 PM
will you guys ever (at some point) announce who did it?

Nocte
01-01-2012, 11:11 PM
EEHHHH. Ive been looking forward to next Sunday all December :( This blows.

Hey. Hey! Do you have to change tons of user groups and process at least 15 recruits along with making sure everything is back on schedule?! No I don't think you do!

VerbotenDonkey
01-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Great, now I can't play in my last FC battle for awhile ... ='(

Blackhawk570
01-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Really.....

Kuhblam
01-01-2012, 11:24 PM
At this time, Bazonga, we do not plan to release any names.

Sorry, gents, but this is the way it needs to be. If you have any complaints, feel free to spam my inbox.

~Kuhblam

Vestige
01-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Wow... Why can't we be told? If they have been found, and convicted. We should be allowed to know. It's just going to cause drama, if you don't tell us up front. Just sayin.

Maxdoggy
01-01-2012, 11:31 PM
At this time, Bazonga, we do not plan to release any names.

Sorry, gents, but this is the way it needs to be. If you have any complaints, feel free to spam my inbox.

~Kuhblam

This is code for the phrase "What happens in [insert location here], stays in [insert location here]". :P

Until the appropriate actions are taken outside of FC, then things will become more clear (or not).

Metkil5685
01-02-2012, 01:20 AM
The situation pertaining to hacking of the website is currently being kept under wraps until we can 100% confirm what happened. We are working on it and we will inform you guys when we have solid information.

Kuhblam
01-02-2012, 12:57 PM
The situation pertaining to hacking of the website is currently being kept under wraps until we can 100% confirm what happened. We are working on it and we will inform you guys when we have solid information.

Treat this as an official statement from your friendly neighborhood administrative team.

~Kuhblam

Deathhawk
01-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Treat this as an official statement from your friendly neighborhood administrative team.

~Kuhblam

Where's Doug with a spiderman image when you need him?

GhostHammer
01-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Also a reminder to all those asking for names, this isn't a public hanging. It's being treated like any other rule breaking/problem that takes place in the community. The Admin team is taking care of things, be the good MEMBERS like you should be and continue on with your normal forum activity. It's not for you to worry about.

Vestige
01-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Where's Doug with a spiderman image when you need him?
^

silversleek
01-02-2012, 03:18 PM
this isn't a public hanging.

it's not? dammit, I'll put away the rope.

zZ Dr K Zz
01-02-2012, 09:54 PM
I find it unsettling that I have been with this site for so long that I've been through all the hackings that have occurred within this community.

But, every-time there was a hack of some sort (or major spam) the admins were quick to care of it, which is why I love staying with this community and being around you guys.

The admins are the equivalent of Jack Bauer.

Kuhblam
01-03-2012, 12:47 PM
I find it unsettling that I have been with this site for so long that I've been through all the hackings that have occurred within this community.

But, every-time there was a hack of some sort (or major spam) the admins were quick to care of it, which is why I love staying with this community and being around you guys.

The admins are the equivalent of Jack Bauer.

I'd say Metkil is James Bond, Mythonian is Jack Bauer, and I'm Jason Bourne. Just for further clarification.

~Kuhblam

Mythonian
01-03-2012, 01:01 PM
I'd say Metkil is James Bond, Mythonian is Jack Bauer, and I'm Jason Bourne. Just for further clarification.

~Kuhblam
Screw Jack Bauer, I'm Inspector Gadget!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/lawl/e827142b532481b29452d92ab b1d37d8.jpg

Kuhblam
01-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Screw Jack Bauer, I'm Inspector Gadget!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/lawl/e827142b532481b29452d92ab b1d37d8.jpg

As long as his first name starts with a J, you can inspect all the gadgets you want to. ;)

~Kuhblam

EriRi 1138
01-03-2012, 01:05 PM
I want to be Sam Fisher.

I was going to say 'John Connor' to keep up with the J's, but Myth....yeah. You get it.

MedeDust
01-03-2012, 01:09 PM
I want to be Dr K.

zZ Dr K Zz
01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I want to be on you.

Choca Cola
01-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Name of Hacker?

EriRi 1138
01-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Name of Hacker?