PDA

View Full Version : Rounds System

VerbotenDonkey
01-04-2012, 01:21 AM
All right so in a REDD Skirmish hosted tonight, we played pretty much all gametypes to test them out. Here is some feedback:

-Don't do rounds on Hill 30. It is an original FC Gametype and the point of it is to get some intense action in. I was sitting in the Hill on Emerald Tower camping with a shotgun. I know rounds are suppose to remove a dug-in defense, however that is the point of the gametype. We had a good setup going, I was raping with the shotgun, then suddenly the round ends. It sort of ruined the moment for us all, it was getting really intense then it ended. Just leave it as one 15 minute round.

-5 minutes is definitely too short for rounds. I was gonna go out and say that switching sides really ruins the "Army singularity" feel, since you both play in the same base eventually, so there is no pride in your base, but I didn't mind it too much during the round switch. However, definitely shoot for seven to eight minutes. We only did it on two-flag. Still, a fifteen minute straight game I still feel an attachment to.

-There is no Elite loadout? Like not even the Assault Rifle one? I think it was Hill 30 that we had the problem, not sure about the rest of them. Ask Sangheili.

If any other REDD that participated had any suggestions or comments, feel free to state them here. I probably forgot a few I was going to mention. It was mainly the Hill 30 that was my qualm.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
01-04-2012, 01:37 AM
You know i'm really torn between the rounds system & the straight game system. Let me just say that 5 min is too short, right when i would start to have fun the round would end. But we need to figure out what we're doing and really quick. We're running out of time before the war and we need to know what gametypes to practice in.

Mythonian
01-04-2012, 02:03 AM
An official announcement will be made tomorrow about the War Council's decision. There are some changes.