PDA

View Full Version : Medal for Fan-fic stories

Vestige
01-04-2012, 03:12 PM
If you have made a legitimate story in FC, there should be a medal for it. Thoughts?

MedeDust
01-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Ugh... Then so many people will try to get it because its such an easy thing to do. Just time consuming.

Vestige
01-04-2012, 03:16 PM
True a
legitimate story.

MedeDust
01-04-2012, 03:17 PM
You mean like Kuhblam's?

Vestige
01-04-2012, 03:19 PM
^-- and anyone who wrote a shit ton. Also like I did, just no one paid attention, so I had myth remove it.

MedeDust
01-04-2012, 03:27 PM
I didnt see anything of yours just Bios. I have a few things in there myself. The creative writing is there for you to just catch anybody's attention or kick off your writing dreams but dont expect many people to notice you.

Vestige
01-04-2012, 03:29 PM
^-- Reason for the medal. I had two stories going. They got confusing and nobody read them, so I stopped.

MedeDust
01-04-2012, 03:31 PM
So you want a medal for writing a confusing story?

Vestige
01-04-2012, 03:37 PM
No -_- I don't want a medal. If I wanted one I would have said so. I am wanting one made ;D. I want one made cause a while ago, I had gotten a Machinima medal for my story. Well a Machinima was a video, so I had no more medal xP.

VerbotenDonkey
01-04-2012, 03:50 PM
+10. We really should have a ribbon for creating a fan-fic. I can't believe this wasn't thought of before lol. Good idea!

Requirements being : basic grammar, follow FC timeline?

silversleek
01-04-2012, 03:53 PM
^-- Reason for the medal. I had two stories going. They got confusing and nobody read them, so I stopped.

i read them :(

Vestige
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Besides Sleek, he out of like 10 others did. cause he was in it xD

Salvanous
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I don't think you need to follow the timeline, I think you need to follow the universe. I know that I am trying my hand at some writing and I am going to be throwing my work out there to Kuhblam to ensure that it follows the FC universe.

I do support that members should be rewarded for a contribution for to the site, though I wonder if it may not fall under the machinima ribbon or the graphic contribution ribbon. So I do agree that members who contribute should be rewarded but I think that the staff should agree that the story follows the FC universe, be a certain length, and free of grammar errors.

I would probably say if this is to be made into a reward it would be a ribbon as to show equal value to a machinima contribution.

VerbotenDonkey
01-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah I meant universe ... not timeline xD

Bodaciousbaconn
01-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Well dang, Immature have to get back into the story I was writing before I left. I need some ribbons:p

So yes, I support a ribbon for legitimate fan-ficition.

Silko
01-04-2012, 06:06 PM
I didnt see anything of yours just Bios. I have a few things in there myself. The creative writing is there for you to just catch anybody's attention or kick off your writing dreams but dont expect many people to notice you.
^

In creative writing getting the story out and having people truly enjoy it is a medal in it's self. To be completely blunt by reading all the post, it sounds like you just want a medal.

Kuhblam
01-04-2012, 06:54 PM
^

In creative writing getting the story out and having people truly enjoy it is a medal in it's self. To be completely blunt by reading all the post, it sounds like you just want a medal.

Agreed.

I've been here years, and not once did i ever ask for any recognition of my work. The reward was people telling me that they liked the story, or the fact that the topic had so many views and it wasn't just me editing the original post all the time.

Keep writing, and you will get better. People will tell you that they like your work. At this time, there will be no ribbons for Creative Writing. Otherwise, we'd have to give them for every little thing.

~Kuhblam

Bodaciousbaconn
01-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Kuhblam, I fucking LOVE that Intro that you let me borrow.

Vestige
01-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Lol, I am not asking for a medal. Honestly, this was an idea myth and I had. After he took my machinima ribbon away. I have to restart my story from scratch. So if this passes, and my story is rollin. Then I would ask, 'cause of I wanted one, I would have said so.

Nocte
01-04-2012, 07:34 PM
^

To be completely blunt most medal ideas stem from wanting a medal for doing something however it wouldn't be a medal it would be a ribbon.

I agree to this, however I would like to see it expanded and not so narrow on it's requirements. It should deal with anything to further/add to the back story of this community. Whether it's writing a 1st person account of a famous battle marked in this community's history, or writing chronicling the battles that you find important in on going wars. Even making a video to explain certain things, anything that expands the FC universe that was created as a back drop to why we fight these wars. A Ribbon should be given out and these entries, videos, and stories kept in a closed sub-forum for all to watch and read.

d3ad1te
01-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Why not. Any fiction written should be rewarded!

VerbotenDonkey
01-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Why not. Any fiction written should be rewarded!

Agreed Deadite. Yeah, the heart behind the story should not be simply to receive a ribbon, but those who are working hard on creating stories should be rewarded. They are giving up their time for the good of the community.

Nocte
01-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Agreed Deadite. Yeah, the heart behind the story should not be simply to receive a ribbon, but those who are working hard on creating stories should be rewarded. They are giving up their time for the good of the community.

QFT

SuRroundeD By 1
01-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Problem is that people who are ribbon crazy (I know that sounds weird but I've seen people freak out over ranks, which I think is stupid. I respect the rank but I don't rave over mine) will create stories of their own just to get a ribbon, and personally, I would perfer if the creative writing page wasn't over flowing with half assed stories. Now, the Fires of Heaven is a great story, but I haven't seen any others. It would just get annoying, you know what I'm saying?

Nocte
01-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Problem is that people who are ribbon crazy (I know that sounds weird but I've seen people freak out over ranks, which I think is stupid. I respect the rank but I don't rave over mine) will create stories of their own just to get a ribbon, and personally, I would perfer if the creative writing page wasn't over flowing with half assed stories. Now, the Fires of Heaven is a great story, but I haven't seen any others. It would just get annoying, you know what I'm saying?

If its half assed, then it won't be accepted haha

We need to open our doors and reward those for being creative, something I have seen lacking in this community up until recentlyish <--- Not a word haha

The more creative the better.

Maxdoggy
01-04-2012, 08:11 PM
So here is a proposal of a compromise:

The ribbon will be created, called something like "FC Fiction Ribbon".
The ribbon will be only given based upon the suggestion of another FC member (that is not the creator of the story).
The potential recipient of the ribbon will have their work viewed by the War Council and the Forerunners.
The WC and Forerunners decide based upon the work provided whether there is merit for the ribbon or not.

VerbotenDonkey
01-04-2012, 08:17 PM
That's what I'm thinking Maxdoggy. Well said.

Nocte
01-04-2012, 08:26 PM
So here is a proposal of a compromise:

The ribbon will be created, called something like "FC Fiction Ribbon".
The ribbon will be only given based upon the suggestion of another FC member (that is not the creator of the story).
The potential recipient of the ribbon will have their work viewed by the War Council and the Forerunners.
The WC and Forerunners decide based upon the work provided whether there is merit for the ribbon or not.

I would say yes to this, but the problem is go look at how active our Creative Writing Department is.....

It's dead, writers post all the time, but no one comments. Creative Writing isn't a main stream component of FC. Just like a lot of things, if we could build these groups up then our community would grow very quickly.

IE: Forge, Machinima, Creative Writing, etc.

Which Machinima Crape I do believe tried to get up and running, but it failed because lack of notice.

Kuhblam
01-04-2012, 08:49 PM
The only way this will be a ribbon is the way Max provided. If you want excuses to get ribbons, then you will need to work for them.

~Kuhblam

Nocte
01-04-2012, 09:35 PM
The only way this will be a ribbon is the way Max provided. If you want excuses to get ribbons, then you will need to work for them.

~Kuhblam

You could... always just have a buddy submit it for you :p

Raider0614
01-05-2012, 05:39 PM
I think a medal should be rewarded to one who is devoted to the community and expresses him/herself through a fanfic that incorporates members of the community developing interest and lore to sites fiction. This is an act of giving back to the community and should be recognized.