PDA

View Full Version : Comic 17: I Used to Draw Comics...

Daaaah Whoosh
01-05-2012, 11:41 PM
...but then I started playing Skyrim. (http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk254/davidar209/FC0019.jpg)

Mythonian
01-05-2012, 11:46 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/lawl/1303355722953.jpg

Maxdoggy
01-05-2012, 11:47 PM
I will swear in the following statement:

I FUCKING LOVE THIS COMIC!!!

Now to return to the regularly scheduled Maxdoggy:

Daaaah Whoosh is full of win, much like this comic.

:P

Nocte
01-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Love it!

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
01-06-2012, 12:00 AM
XDDDD

Choca Cola
01-06-2012, 12:20 AM
the lol factor is OVER 9000!

Fuzzy
01-06-2012, 12:28 AM
The one REDD soldier with an arrow in his knee, you managed to bring that meme back to life.

Daaaah Whoosh
01-06-2012, 12:48 AM
You know, it never ceases to amaze me the things I forget to fix. Props to anyone who calls it out before I fix it.

VerbotenDonkey
01-06-2012, 12:54 AM
It's Ro not Roh. =D

Daaaah Whoosh
01-06-2012, 12:56 AM
It's Ro not Roh. =D
Not the way Dragonborn says it. Also, you're talking to the guy who spells it "Whoosh" instead of "Woosh" and "Daaaah" instead of "Daaaa".

And about that mistake I made, it was the right hand in the second panel. It had too many thumbs.

Mythonian
01-06-2012, 12:57 AM
You know, it never ceases to amaze me the things I forget to fix. Props to anyone who calls it out before I fix it.

Uhh... The existence of your mustache (disappears after first frame)? The position of the beard (changes from under your mouth to the bottom of your chin)? :P

EDIT: Dangit... >.>

VerbotenDonkey
01-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Not the way Dragonborn says it. Also, you're talking to the guy who spells it "Whoosh" instead of "Woosh" and "Daaaah" instead of "Daaaa".

And about that mistake I made, it was the right hand in the second panel. It had too many thumbs.

The fad speaks differently. :<

Daaaah Whoosh
01-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Uhh... The existence of your mustache (disappears after first frame)? The position of the beard (changes from under your mouth to the bottom of your chin)? :P

EDIT: Dangit... >.>

It's not a moustache, it's my mouth. The part that you think is my mouth is actually the bottom of my bottom lip. Believe me, I am a method artist, I act out most of the things I draw, and when I shout, 'fus' makes my bottom lip curl a bit. However, I do agree that the image is confusing, I might have to fix that as well. I'm curious, though, as to why you assumed I drew myself with a black moustache. Especially since when you compare all three mouths, they all start at the middle of my face, at the end of my war paint. The top of a mouth doesn't change nearly as much as the bottom, but I suppose since it is the first frame, you don't yet have a reference of where I decided to place the mouth.

The position of my beard is dependent on how far my mouth has opened. It's always under my mouth, but as my mouth opens, my jaw changes its angle, and you can see less of it. Once again, it's all about my own style, since there is no neck to use as a bottom reference point. In fact, my sideburns should follow my jawline as well, but they seldom do. I do what I feel is best, based on past experiences drawing characters with scraggly goatees.

You should point out my mistakes more often, Mythonian. I like to know when my images are misconstrued.

Mi Boys Dinner
01-06-2012, 01:35 AM

Vestige
01-06-2012, 01:48 AM
Nice, this is by far. One of the better ones.

Mythonian
01-06-2012, 01:51 AM
It's not a moustache, it's my mouth. The part that you think is my mouth is actually the bottom of my bottom lip. Believe me, I am a method artist, I act out most of the things I draw, and when I shout, 'fus' makes my bottom lip curl a bit. However, I do agree that the image is confusing, I might have to fix that as well. I'm curious, though, as to why you assumed I drew myself with a black moustache.

The position of my beard is dependent on how far my mouth has opened. It's always under my mouth, but as my mouth opens, my jaw changes its angle, and you can see less of it. There's a bit of cartoonist's license there too, in that I like having the beard close to my mouth, and when I shout 'fus,' my mouth feels like it should be a bit higher on my face, even though we all know mouths aren't in the middle of faces.

You should point out my mistakes more often, Mythonian. I like to know when my images are misconstrued.

The lack of a visible tongue in the first panel made it a bit harder to immediately view it as a mouth. Also, its position where a nose is generally located didn't help. Generally, a mask (or whatever it is that is covering your eyes), comes down to the nose, not to the mouth. :3

Nonetheless, it doesn't really make sense to view someone saying "Fus" with a closed mouth. I was viewing it out of context to begin with, which is probably the main reason I viewed it as a mustache.

Daaaah Whoosh
01-06-2012, 02:01 AM
The lack of a visible tongue in the first panel made it a bit harder to immediately view it as a mouth. Also, its position where a nose is generally located didn't help. Generally, a mask (or whatever it is that is covering your eyes), comes down to the nose, not to the mouth. :3

Nonetheless, it doesn't really make sense to view someone saying "Fus" with a closed mouth. I was viewing it out of context to begin with, which is probably the main reason I viewed it as a mustache.
I admit, I don't usually draw characters with their mouths open, so I don't know when it becomes appropriate to draw the tongue. My lack of noses is a problem I've wanted to fix for a while now, but there's just no good way to draw a nose on such a simple face.

And as my previous post now says, because I'm really thinking about this, the thing on my face is war paint. I haven't seen my character's face in a long time, because I wear a wooden mask, but I believe that I wear a similar pattern. And since I always like to wear a symbol of my BLUE affiliation, I thought the war paint was useful. Now that I check, it turns out I drew it upside down. But I like it better this way.

Still, good talk. I'll keep this in mind.

zZ Dr K Zz
01-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Every time someones makes Fus Ro DAH! joke I"m always reminded of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-CS8L_8LBk

Awesome comic Whooooosh! LOVE IT!

d3ad1te
01-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Hahah good work!