PDA

View Full Version : Forfeit Rule

VerbotenDonkey
01-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Didn't see anything in the Accords/Rules of Engagement about this, so I figured with our history, it might be a wise idea.

-If an Army cannot present at least a quarter (or half) of the opposing Armies fighting force for a consistent fifteen minutes, they will forfeit the Map.

or

-If an Army cannot present at least more than sixteen soldiers for War during a Battle Night, they will forfeit the Map in conquest.

Something along those lines. I'm not good with specifics, but this will ensure we no longer will have long periods of wait for an Army simply because the other Army is slacking in recruitment.

silversleek
01-08-2012, 11:38 AM
boo forfeits! sounds good. Although, i could be the only player for blue and you can bet i'd rather go in alone then forfeit.

MedeDust
01-08-2012, 12:03 PM
It should be: If one army presents an outnumbered amount of real physical people to represent a fictional amount of ground troops on a battle night, that army is forced to forfeit the map they were supposed to defend that night. There is a thirty minute time span that is put into affect untill the army can present a fair amount of xbox live players to play a couple of stressful rounds of custom games. If the army is stupid enough to not take it upon themselves to present more people then they are forced to forfeit and this lack of responsability is recorded in Forerunner Conflict history as the Field Marshal's fault.

Gargoyle
01-08-2012, 01:08 PM
It should be there. Although I puke on the inside at the thought of forfeiting, it should be a rule.

Kuhblam
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
If anything, it'll be a spitball decision by virtue of the Forerunners. We don't need all this red tape, guys. Who's gonna count how many actual soldiers you have every night anyways and see if it's a quarter? Plus some sore loser will come along later with bullshit and say the other army didn't actually have enough guys so they should have the etc.

Good suggestion, but we're not going to get specific with the numbers. I'll cough it up in the War Council.

~Kuhblam

Maxdoggy
01-09-2012, 05:14 PM
An amendment has been made to the Rules of Engagement regarding maximum squad placements on a single map as well as "Forfeiting". In reality, Myth already had the item made up, but just forgot to propose it. Lol. :P

Thanks!

-Max

VerbotenDonkey
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I was gonna say, it should be from Forerunner's digression, because of like Kuhblam said. However, say Gargoyle had been replaced by his evil twin that night, and decided to just play two Squads the entire night. It's not fair for the six Squads in BLUE to have to wait hours on end to get into a match.

Plus, it demands recruitment. =P

Reaper
01-09-2012, 08:49 PM
by team i meant army.