PDA

View Full Version : Account Hacked

Maxdoggy
01-14-2012, 07:11 PM
My Xbox Live Account has been hacked and fraudulent purchases have been made on the account.

I currently am back in the possession of the account through an array of trickery, but Microsoft Support has been called and they will be investigating the issue.

Thus, I will not be able to participate in battle nights, trainings, bootcamps, and game nights for approximately the next few weeks.

I was lucky and caught the hacking early on, so I was able to lock the individual(s) out of my account before (t)he(y) made more purchases. Because of this, the situation could potentially be resolved much sooner.

Finally, I'd like to make some conjecture about Microsoft legitimately having a security flaw, as my passwords are strong, sound, and different for every account that I have. I believe that this isn't just "phishing scams" as Microsoft has been saying.... http://gamer.blorge.com/2012/01/08/thousands-of-hacked-xbox-live-accounts-up-for-sale-on-black-market/

I shall still be on the website here, but I will not be able to participate in the activities that I love and was looking forward too. :'(

RENGADE 0F FUNK
01-14-2012, 07:13 PM
So what was your password?

Maxdoggy
01-14-2012, 07:21 PM
It was 123DOUGRAUTROLOLOL, but now it is changed. :P

bazongaman502
01-14-2012, 07:51 PM
It was 123DOUGRAUTROLOLOL, but now it is changed. :P

DAMN!!! HE DID CHANGE IT!!!

that sucks to hear about... far to many accounts being hacked as of recent

silversleek
01-14-2012, 09:28 PM
lol. awesome pass.

so, by "an array of trickery" you mean you changed your pass? that's no fun.

RetRdidMunkie
01-14-2012, 09:33 PM
lol @ sarcastic password

and I only made a lil purchase with your account.. I'll leave your account alone now.

EriRi 1138
01-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Do it the Sarge way.

"The passcode IS.........passcode."

Vestige
01-15-2012, 02:17 AM
The password is, denied. Get it cause... Never mind...

Maxdoggy
01-16-2012, 03:40 PM
So I just found out that my account was hacked to purchase premium upgrades and DLC for FIFA 12. Almost everyone that is getting hacked has purchases on FIFA, a game I have never played or owned.
Moral of the story: Soccer fans are complete pussies.

*facepalm*

UPDATE: My account finally has been locked. I will be creating a temporary GamerTag next Sunday so I can participate in the battles again. I will keep you posted on this matter. :/

Maxdoggy
01-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Sorry for the multiple posting...

My Xbox Live Account and all other affiliated Microsoft products and services have been returned to my control. I AM BACK ONLINE! :)

Also, I got a full refund of everything the jackass spent and two months of Xbox Live for free (big whoop for the latter, as I can't use it until my current subscription expires).

I plan on taking out my anger at that jackass this battlenight by respectfully kicking the REDD's collective asses. :P

EriRi 1138
01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Welcome back to the internetz.

Maxdoggy
01-18-2012, 05:29 PM
I was really surprised it only took ~3 days for them to make this investigation. I guess my phone call telling them about the entire sequence of events within the last hour (24-style) helped them prove that I was me and that there was a jackass playing FIFA 12. :P

Silko
01-18-2012, 05:40 PM
lol damn soccer players