PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3

Yehsus
01-17-2012, 10:09 PM
I cant believe nobody has posted anything on ME3, the third installment to the greatest video game ever created. To those who are new I kept a thread on ME2, and I'll be doing the same here.

I originally posted this on OcR's forums 03-07-2011

As some of you may or may not know, I am a huge fan of Bioware's Mass Effect. It all started years ago when my buddy mentioned the creators of KOTOR were beginning a huge project known as Mass Effect. After watching the trailer and suffering several sleepless nights I ended up forgetting about it altogether (Halo really gripped my life) and ended up picking up a copy a few months after its release. I've been hooked ever since. Recently I've finished my final play through Mass Effect 2, I'm planning on importing 2 of my 3 characters into Mass Effect 3 (A Paragon War Hero who's a vanguard, and a Renegade Ruthless Soldier who stops at nothing to get the job done). I've been binging Mass Effect hard before Dragon Age 2 came out, that last night I had a Mass Effect dream (Myself, Garrus, and Zaeed infiltrated a Reaper to destroy it from the inside, Garrus stayed behind to die a martyr ). Anyways, that dream got me thinking of the possibilites Mass Effect 3 will bring. So, lo and behold my predictions for Mass Effect 3 following the only trailer the game has so far released
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEej1RfqTs&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.you tube.com%2Fresults%3Fsear ch_query%3Dmas%2Beffect%2 B3%2Btrailer%26oq%3Dmas%2 Beffect%2B3%2Btrailer%26a q%3Df%26aqi%3D%26aql%3D%2 6gs_sm%3De%26gs_upl%3D292 3l8268l0l8458l20l19l0l6l0 l0l404l2365l3.6.2.1.1l13l 0

============= I will be adding more thoughts in time. **SPOILERS** ====

Obviously, Earth is under attack. Humanity has unfortunately gained the attention of the Reapers (Since Sheppard is a 50), the brunt of their first attack will strike here. Like ME2, the majority of the game will be spent gathering allies/assets to relieve the siege of Earth. Depending on the fate of the Council in ME1, this will be easy or difficult (alot of animosity of you let the alien council die). I expect the Geth/Quarians/Rachni/Krogan/Turians/Salarians are potential allies to recruit. Each is probably led by old acquaintances, so I hope you gained their loyalty.

-In the Lair of the Shadow Broker Liara also mentioned that the Shadow Broker was looking for more Prothean artifacts, that it was hinted he felt that there was something out there that could help organics against the Reapers. Hopefully that goes into elaboration.

-If you recall during Tali's recruitment mission, the sun on Haestrom was decaying more rapidly than it should have. IMO, thats because the Reapers are using it to create a hyperspace window of some kind from dark space. That's just my guess.

-Obviously the Reapers need sometype of ground shock force to aid in the neutralizing of worlds, so I expect to see new and old types of Husks, as well as potential "Collector/Protheans" that weren't used to remain behind at Collector Station. Speaking of Collector Station, I have no idea how thats gonna be used if you chose to keep it in Cerberus' possession.

-I honestly cant wait to see the reactions of all these fictionalized characters when the Reapers come knocking at the door. ME3 is going to be the biggest, "I told you so" moment in gaming.

Wish List

-I want to see Admiral Hacketts face. I know it sounds weird, but that man has been one of Sheppard's biggest supporters behind the scenes (Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC helps support this).

-More variety in weapons and armor. I enjoyed ME2 & ME1's weapon/armor system, but I'd like more of a balance in variety. Personally I'm sick of this N7 crap; I'm a Spectre now, I want armor that shows that distinction.

-Send us off with a bang. ME3 is the conclusion of this epic trilogy, I fully expecting Bioware to shock and awe its fans with amazing graphics, gameplay, and story line.

If anyone has anything else to add, including videos and news, feel free to post!

d3ad1te
01-17-2012, 10:29 PM
CAN'T WAIT. I never played any of the DLCs (ME1 or ME2)

Have you read any of the books?

Nocte
01-17-2012, 10:42 PM
It's funny you mentioned no one was posting, I was thinking about this game today. Because I do believe it is suppose to release very soon.

I myself want more weapons and armor, they got very old very fast in ME2...

I have never played Mass Effect.... I started on 2 and basically wikied and watched videos on youtube to get to know the first game.

I can not wait for ME3 this game is going to easy be one of the if not the best game of 2012.....

RetRdidMunkie
01-17-2012, 11:23 PM
saves corrupted... I gotta start from 1.... But imma just buy em all n go on a marathon. Lol. Good way to waste free time

bazongaman502
01-17-2012, 11:53 PM
saves corrupted... I gotta start from 1.... But imma just buy em all n go on a marathon. Lol. Good way to waste free time

thats exactly what i want to do... iv never played ME nor had the motivation to untill #3 was announced... like Munkie said, im starting from the beginning before diving into the third right off the bat

zZ Dr K Zz
01-18-2012, 02:31 AM
Femshep FTW!

Also, I killed Tali because fuck that bitch.

I took Legion with me on her loyalty mission just to show how much I fucking hated their race.

Fuck 'em.

Oh, were gonna float around leeching off of people instead of fighting back to get our homeworld.

http://youtu.be/-SI_ZgjcmPY

/rant

Yehsus
01-18-2012, 02:52 AM
HAHAHA Yes!

d3ad1te
01-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Mordus died at the end of me ME2...

PORQUE!

Puba
01-18-2012, 07:44 PM
beat both games a million times, bought all DLC on ME2. i fucking love this game . i have the first two books on my E-reader. i <3 Mass Effect . best game in the world

Juggernaut9473
01-18-2012, 07:44 PM
played both ME and ME2, BEST...GAMES...EVER, i can't wait for ME3

Yehsus
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
^

Couldnt agree more with Puba and Juggs. For christ's sake, my sig is based off Sovereign's quote in ME1.

Juggernaut9473
01-18-2012, 08:32 PM
^

Couldnt agree more with Puba and Juggs. For christ's sake, my sig is based off Sovereign's quote in ME1.
i knew i've seen that quote before, just couldn't place my finger on where

zZ Dr K Zz
01-19-2012, 02:26 AM
I'm gonna put this here:

http://youtu.be/Liudw5xlkU0

Puba
01-19-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm gonna put this here:

http://youtu.be/Liudw5xlkU0 i have never seen anything so funny. xD

VerbotenDonkey
01-19-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm gonna put this here:

http://youtu.be/Liudw5xlkU0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPqSzyTGKHo&feature=g-all-u&context=G2fa88a5FAAAAAAAA LAA

Yehsus
01-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Little late but the Mass Effect demo will be released Feb 14th.

Maxdoggy
01-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Little late but the Mass Effect demo will be released Feb 14th.
Yup. It's releasing on Valentine's Day.

Also, you guys should check out the Kingdoms of Amalur Demo, as it will allow you to unlock some DLC for Mass Effect 3 when it comes out. :)

Harry
01-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Also, you guys should check out the Kingdoms of Amalur Demo, as it will allow you to unlock some DLC for Mass Effect 3 when it comes out. :)Whoah, I did not know this. GOOD SHEET, MANG

Yehsus
01-24-2012, 08:56 PM
I did know this, but I didnt want to tell anybody and simply reap the benefits =D

the Kingdom of aflsdjflsadfs demo is over a GB, just to ya'll know.

Harry
01-24-2012, 09:11 PM
^ "over a GB"?

What does that mean?

Yehsus
01-24-2012, 09:12 PM
^ "over a GB"?

What does that mean?

sorry, gigabyte.

Harry
01-24-2012, 09:18 PM
^ Wow, no need to be sorry. I feel ashamed for not realizing that.

w/e I JUST HAD A HERPDERP MOMENT.

Thanks though. I actually only have like 1.47 space left on mah xbox. TEIM TO DELETE STURF.

Juggernaut9473
01-27-2012, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u560s3QAls
video about the multiplayer classes and races

...this game needs to be out NOW

Maxdoggy
01-27-2012, 11:03 PM
I concur.

I want to play now.

As in, now.

NOW!

:P

Yehsus
01-28-2012, 05:00 AM
I had a Mass Effect related dream last night.

That says all.

Juggernaut9473
01-29-2012, 09:18 PM
collecters edition ftw

IX Dr Doom XI
01-29-2012, 10:03 PM
collecters edition ftw

agreed, only need to put 50 more dollars on it to finish the payments on it.

Anyone here about the exclusive multiplayer DLC content you get for purchasing the next wave of Mass Effect 3 figurines. All 4 can be bought separately for $20 or as a bundle for $80 and are due out at around the same time as Mass Effect 3 is.

Juggernaut9473
01-30-2012, 09:19 AM
O_o WHERE?

Yehsus
01-31-2012, 08:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfvo5ueKJY8&feature=player_embedded

Juggernaut9473
02-06-2012, 07:49 PM
YEHSUS FIX YOUR SIG...its 29 days now =P

Puba
02-06-2012, 08:11 PM
When multiplayer beta come out ??

Juggernaut9473
02-06-2012, 08:53 PM
NEXT TUESDAY : D

Yehsus
02-06-2012, 09:12 PM
YEHSUS FIX YOUR SIG...its 29 days now =P

Yeah I've been pretty lazy about it.

Juggernaut9473
02-06-2012, 09:56 PM
yeah i noticed =P

Puba
02-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Yay :D don't you get early access with battlefield 3 ?

Juggernaut9473
02-07-2012, 04:07 PM
i dont think so

Puba
02-07-2012, 05:32 PM
release dates :

Feb 14 for Battlefield 3 players and people who preorder on orgin.
Feb 17 for everyone eles

Juggernaut9473
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
WRONG...pulled this from the bioware social network

Today we are very pleased to announce the release date for the upcoming Mass Effect 3 Single Player and Multiplayer demo. Please check out the FAQ below for details on when it will be available and information you need to know.

When is the demo for Mass Effect 3 being released?

The demo for Mass Effect 3 will be released on February 14, 2012. Timing may vary by platform and geographic region.

What platforms will the demo be on?

The demo will be on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC platforms.

What are the system requirements for the PC version of the demo?

Minimum Spec:

OS - Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1, Win 7
*Supported chipsets: NVIDIA 7900 or better; ATI X1800 or better. Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 9300, 8500, 8400, and 8300 are below minimum system requirements, as are AMD/ATI Radeon HD3200, HD3300, and HD4350. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

CPU - 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (equivalent AMD CPU)

RAM - 1GB for XP / 2GB RAM for Vista/Win 7

Disc Drive - 1x speed

Hard Drive - 2.5 GB of free space

Video - 256 MB* (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support)

Sound - DirectX 9.0c compatible

DirectX - DirectX 9.0c August 2009 (included)

Recommended Spec:

OS - Windows XP SP3/Vista SP1, Win 7

CPU - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (equivalent AMD CPU)

RAM - 2GB for XP / 4GB RAM for Vista/Win 7

Disc Drive - 1x speed

Hard Drive - 2.5 GB of free space

Video - AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB or greater, NVidia GeForce 9800 GT 512 MB or greater

Sound - DirectX 9.0c compatible

What content will be included in the Mass Effect 3 demo?

There are two sections in the Mass Effect 3 demo, both included as part of a single download: The single player section includes 2 areas: the opening level featuring the Reaper attack on Earth, and a level further into the game where Shepard travels to an alien home world to seek their assistance in the war effort. This will be approximately 1 to 2 hours of content.The co-op multiplayer section includes 2 maps: Slum and Noveria. This section will be open to players who have qualified for the early multiplayer access as of Feb 14, and will then open up to all players on Feb 17.[/b]

How do I qualify to play the co-op multiplayer section before Feb 17?

The early access program for the demo’s multiplayer section begins on Feb 14, 2012To gain access to multiplayer in the demo any time between Feb 14 and when it opens up for everyone on Feb 17, a player must have met one of the following criteria:
Own Battlefield 3 and have activated BF3’s Online Pass. Logging into the demo using the EA Origin Account linked to that Online Pass will automatically unlock the multiplayer section of the demo. Note that you do not have to enter a code anywhere – if you have activated your BF3 online pass, the multiplayer section of the demo will be unlocked for you when the demo goes live.Participate in an early access program that will be announced on Feb 7, 2012 – watch this site for more details.

Is there a way to verify I am qualified for the early access to co-op multiplayer?

Starting Feb 7, 2012 there will be a form on www.masseffect.com which can be used to verify if your EA Origin Account has been assigned early access privileges.

Can Mass Effect 3 co-op multiplayer be played split-screen?

No – the co-op multiplayer in Mass Effect 3 is online only.

What languages will the demo be in?

• In-Game Voice Languages: US-English

• In-Game Text Languages: US, FR, IT, DE, ES, RU, PL

Can I import saves from Mass Effect 2? Does the demo create a save game for the full version of Mass Effect 3?

The demo does not support save importing and does not create a save game for the full version of Mass Effect 3.

What character class can I play in the demo? Can I customize my character?

All six classes from the full game are included: Soldier, Vanguard, Sentinel, Engineer, Infiltrator and Adept.Players will be able to create a male or female Shepard, customize their appearance, and level up their character’s abilities and powers.

Will the demo feature the ability to set player initial player experience options by selecting “Action, “Role-Playing”, or “Story” settings?

Yes.

Is Origin required to play the PC version of the demo?

Yes. You will need to download and install the Origin Client (Link) and have a valid Origin account.

Will playing the Mass Effect 3 demo spoil the main game story for me?

The single player section of the Mass Effect 3 demo is taken from the main game and therefore by definition could be
considered to contain spoilers. The multiplayer section of the demo does not contain spoilers.

How long will the demo be available?

The multiplayer section of the demo will be deactivated March 5, 2012 The single player demo will continue to be
available past game launch (for a number of months – exact date for the demo to be taken offline is TBD).

Does the demo support Kinect on Xbox 360? In what languages?

Yes, the Xbox 360 demo of Mass Effect 3 does support Kinect functionality. The demo will have the same Kinect voice command language support as the full game: English (American, Australian and British dialects), French, German and Italian.

Edit: Some more questions answered below.

Will there be any in game items given for playing the Mass Effect 3 demo?

We will have more details on this on February 7th.

How much storage space will the demo take up on my console (Xbox 360 and PS3)?

The demo will take up under 2GB of space on colses.

Can you play Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer with bots?

No. Multiplayer is played online with other Mass Effect 3 players.

Will any data from Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer carry over into the real game? Like the Galactic Readiness level or similar?

No, no data from the Multiplay or Sinle Player demo carries into the real game.

Can I choose squadmates in the Single Player or Multiplayer demo?

In
the Single Player demo you are on 2 preset missions, so you do not select your party members (this will be more clear when you play the demo). In Multiplayer, you do not play with party NPCs, you play with other real players.

Can you play as different races in the Multiplayer demo? Which ones?

Yes, there are different races that you can play as in the multiplayer demo. We will be revealing more on these races soon.

Can you play the Multiplayer demo solo?

You can try, but it will be difficult as Multiplayer is designed for more than one person to play.

If you have further questions, please ask them below and get ready to play the demo of Mass Effect 3

So the 14th is the singleplayer demo, the 17th is for multiplayer

Puba
02-08-2012, 09:29 PM
where is the form?

Maxdoggy
02-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Lots of Mass Effect 3 news and such in the GamerDirt Twitter Widget on the FCHomepage. Check it out!

Juggernaut9473
02-08-2012, 11:27 PM
where is the form?
go to the bioware website, click to the mass effect 3 section, and then hit the community button

Juggernaut9473
02-11-2012, 05:34 AM
i know double post but i had to add this and make sure you guys see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L8NOHSC9ww

Check out that collecter armor

Puba
02-11-2012, 09:23 AM
creamed myself thanks.....

Yehsus
02-12-2012, 04:34 PM
And heres some more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJu-u3zFMyk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_STuujNowGg&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szIkBoj1G7s&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iTLFlkycGM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pShKKOV_gA&feature=player_embedded

Puba
02-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Nerdgasm

Harry
02-14-2012, 08:15 PM
ME 3 Demo is out?

I'm guessing, only for BF3 people amirite?

bazongaman502
02-14-2012, 08:44 PM
ME 3 Demo is out?

I'm guessing, only for BF3 people amirite?

its open to everyone right now, however the multiplayer is closed to only BF3 owners at the moment... i believe on the 17th it will open for everyone :)

im level 6, ill do some recording and post a video! and ill record the demo gameplay as well

Harry
02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
AWWW YEAH, I JUST ADDED IT TO MY DOWNLOAD QUEUE.

Juggernaut9473
02-14-2012, 09:49 PM
im a lvl 12 adept, bazonga if your on tomorrow morning through about 4:30 send me an invite and we should play

bazongaman502
02-14-2012, 10:08 PM
im a lvl 12 adept, bazonga if your on tomorrow morning through about 4:30 send me an invite and we should play

hell yeah, i should be back on tomorrow at around 10am PST till all day or untill i get bored or something lol

bazongaman502
02-14-2012, 11:02 PM
2 other people want to team up with Jugg and I on ME3 multiplayer tomorrow?

VerbotenDonkey
02-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Whats the multiplayer like?

bazongaman502
02-14-2012, 11:34 PM
id say its alot like firefight, but you occasionally get few missions inside of it... in my opinion its better then FF

Choca Cola
02-14-2012, 11:48 PM
:1 I'll play the game.

VerbotenDonkey
02-14-2012, 11:50 PM
You'll get a few missions? Is it like Single Player, or a diverted RPG, where you can do missions for people? O.o

Juggernaut9473
02-15-2012, 10:33 AM
its completely diffrent, the missions you get are just little objectives that are like kill this person, hack that terminal, disable these indoctrinators, and there all timed, so if you dont finish within the time limit...GAME OVER

bazongaman502
02-15-2012, 11:54 AM
You'll get a few missions? Is it like Single Player, or a diverted RPG, where you can do missions for people? O.o

According to IGN, the multiplayer is kinda like a story, however the only reason its kinda like a story is because it takes place in a different place, but is happening at the same time as Commander Shepperd doing his thing in the campaign

Yehsus
02-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Cant wait to show you children how a real man plays Mass Effect.

Puba
02-15-2012, 10:23 PM
^^^^ this guy I loved the single player demo It was great !!!! But haven't had a chance of playing the multiplayer yet

Juggernaut9473
02-16-2012, 12:08 AM
multiplayer is awesome, ADEPT FTW and yehsus with that talk you had better beat mine and dooms record, beating a whole game with just 2 people...and you will be playing with me ofcourse :)

Yehsus
02-16-2012, 12:23 AM
multiplayer is awesome, ADEPT FTW and yehsus with that talk you had better beat mine and dooms record, beating a whole game with just 2 people...and you will be playing with me ofcourse :)

I'll do it with 1 person, no arms, and one eyeball.

Juggernaut9473
02-16-2012, 12:40 AM
make it no eyeballs and you have a deal =P

Yehsus
02-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Take Earth Back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBktyyaV9LY&feature=player_embedded

Maxdoggy
02-21-2012, 03:20 PM
The extended cut of that CG trailer is epic. I cannot wait any longer for this amazing game!!!

Juggernaut9473
02-21-2012, 04:45 PM
need this game NAOW

Harry
02-21-2012, 08:21 PM
need this game NAOWYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Who else pre-ordered and paid it off already??!?!?!?!?!?!?

I KNOW I DID!

VerbotenDonkey
02-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Call up the Master Chief.

Juggernaut9473
02-21-2012, 11:20 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Who else pre-ordered and paid it off already??!?!?!?!?!?!?

I KNOW I DID!pre-ordered the collectors edition months ago :) glad i did cuz they ran out

Harry
02-21-2012, 11:23 PM
^ Lucky. I should've done that, but I was derpin' around and never did.

As a result, HarryTheChin will not receive ME 3's amazingly bonerfied collecters edition.

Therefore, HarryTheChin will cry himself to sleep.

Then waking up.

Juggernaut9473
02-21-2012, 11:46 PM
and i shall be enjoying the bonus weapons, missions and charater while ur crying =P and the robot dog :D

Harry
02-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Lol, at least I get the pre-order bonuses from gamestop.

Not a total loss. BUT HEY! who needs a robot dog in ME 3 when you have a robot dog IN RAEL LAIFE?

Yehsus
02-22-2012, 12:53 AM
pre-ordered the collectors edition months ago :) glad i did cuz they ran out

I was upset at the time, because I had to pre order late due to bills and what have you.

I'm sure that DLC will become available to all players eventually.

Juggernaut9473
02-22-2012, 12:57 AM
thats why i put down only 5 dollars when i started like back in august

Yehsus
02-22-2012, 01:05 AM
thats why i put down only 5 dollars when i started like back in august

I'm going to come to your house and either.

A. LAN ME3 with you.
B. Attack you and steal your pre order stuff.

Juggernaut9473
02-22-2012, 01:20 AM
good luck, ill sick my cat on you =P your better off with the 1st one

Maxdoggy
02-22-2012, 01:59 PM
The first DLC will be available day one for everyone that didn't get the Collector's edition. Check the GamerDirt Twitter Feed for the exact post.

Puba
02-23-2012, 12:01 AM
and i shall be enjoying the bonus weapons, missions and charater while ur crying =P and the robot dog :DWill r doing the same thing as you ;)

Harry
02-23-2012, 05:11 PM
The first DLC will be available day one for everyone that didn't get the Collector's edition. Check the GamerDirt Twitter Feed for the exact post.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo, nice.

Yehsus
02-23-2012, 05:35 PM
What I dont understand is how the Reapers operate. I thought they were sentient machines, incapable of feeling or emotion. Yet here they are, blinding rushing across the galaxy to attack Earth first, rather than destroying each start system systematically, starting at the edge of the galaxy. Is it because of anger, fear, or respect for Humanity and Shepperd's actions? None make sense, because they are not suppose to feel anything, and mock these mortal races across the traverse for having such emotions.

Hope this shit gets explained in ME3. Jesus fucking christ I cant wait for the game.

Juggernaut9473
02-23-2012, 05:41 PM
What I dont understand is how the Reapers operate. I thought they were sentient machines, incapable of feeling or emotion. Yet here they are, blinding rushing across the galaxy to attack Earth first, rather than destroying each start system systematically, starting at the edge of the galaxy. Is it because of anger, fear, or respect for Humanity and Shepperd's actions? None make sense, because they are not suppose to feel anything, and mock these mortal races across the traverse for having such emotions.

Hope this shit gets explained in ME3. Jesus fucking christ I cant wait for the game.
agreed

Maxdoggy
02-24-2012, 01:33 PM
I think the Reapers are in fact afraid of the only man who legitimately believe their threat from the beginning. He has had some of the most contact with them and has consistently resisted them. If the Reapers kill Shepard and his homeworld first, then there will be a clear path to wiping out the rest of the Galaxy.

Juggernaut9473
02-25-2012, 07:31 PM
this game is gonna make a lot of us have mass effect withdrawls if we dont play it enough, i can tell

Puba
02-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Agreed bro

IX Dr Doom XI
02-27-2012, 02:37 AM
Same here and the great thing about it it comes out during spring break so i have all that time to play it.

Puba
02-27-2012, 11:29 PM
Can't wait !

Juggernaut9473
02-27-2012, 11:32 PM
once it hits tomorrow we got 7 days boys :)

this is gonna be awesome

Maxdoggy
02-28-2012, 08:03 AM
I'm so happy I don't have school on the Tuesday it comes out! Lol.

Also, I only have a half day for the following two days. :P

Yeah for being a Senior and not having to take the ACT again! (My first attempt's composite was a 31 and my second was a 34)

Metkil5685
02-28-2012, 12:08 PM
You know what sucks, everytime I open Origin to play BF3 or ME3 Demo, ME3 just sits there and mocks me.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/Metkil/me3comeout.png

This is going to be a long week......

bazongaman502
02-28-2012, 12:23 PM
ME3 Demo was far to much fun, but i gave ME2 a try and i didnt like it :(

i guess RPGs arent my thing, thats why im selling ME2 and Skyrim today for SSX :(

one day though, i will buy ME3 and give it a try, untill then, i can wait

Juggernaut9473
02-28-2012, 05:15 PM
You know what sucks, everytime I open Origin to play BF3 or ME3 Demo, ME3 just sits there and mocks me.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/Metkil/me3comeout.png

This is going to be a long week......
i know, dont remind us

Juggernaut9473
03-05-2012, 05:43 PM
JUST A FEW MORE HOURS BOYS :)

unfortunately i wont be able to pick this up till tomorrow and i wont be able to play it much till my classes and certifications are over with

but ill try to get on every now and then

Yehsus
03-05-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm picking it up tonight, but I wont be able to open it Tuesday at 3pm. 3 exams tomorrow, I cant fucking believe my horrible luck.

This same shit happened for Halo 3, GoW2 & 3, Mass Effect 2, and Halo Reach. I pick it up but I cant play it till a later date due to school work.

Unbelievable.

Juggernaut9473
03-05-2012, 06:11 PM
i wont be able to play it much for a few months :(

Metkil5685
03-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Ugh! Less then 7 hours until it unlocks! Everything is downloaded and ready to go!

I'll be streaming pre-release and the first couple hours tonight starting at 11pm EST. Check the topic in multimedia for more information.

Juggernaut9473
03-05-2012, 06:40 PM
you and your plugs metkil :P

Maxdoggy
03-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I won't be able to play it until approximately 10:30AM tomorrow morning. I have no school tomorrow because of Juniors taking ACTs and Best Buy opens at 10AM. They aren't doing a midnight release.... :/

Juggernaut9473
03-05-2012, 06:58 PM
i swear if any of you spoil anything for me since i wont be able to play for a while, i will kill you all :evil grin:

bazongaman502
03-05-2012, 07:29 PM
i swear if any of you spoil anything for me since i wont be able to play for a while, i will kill you all :evil grin:

You see, this is how it ends, Shepard *suddenly dies by Juggernaut*

Harry
03-05-2012, 07:44 PM
OMG, ITS SOO CLOSE. I CAN ALMOST TASTE IT.

Juggernaut9473
03-05-2012, 10:09 PM
OMG, ITS SOO CLOSE. I CAN ALMOST TASTE IT.

Mmmm, turian tacos =P

Puba
03-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Anybody beat it yet ?

Juggernaut9473
03-14-2012, 11:14 PM
working on my second time...the game was awesome but the last 10 minutes were just disappointing

MedeDust
03-15-2012, 12:07 AM
I just started playing Sunday almost there I'm addicted.

Carpe Vexillum
03-15-2012, 01:36 AM
God... this game, I remember playing Me2 for a week straight beating it 100% and getting the outcome I wanted. Now its time to continue the obsession with Me3...

bazongaman502
03-15-2012, 02:44 AM
3 of my friends beat it and are extreamly pissed about it... not gonna buy it

DarkTheAtheist
03-15-2012, 08:03 AM
I have, It is the worst ending in video game history (probbably, i've not known of one worse). As you can see below, over 40'000 people agree.

Endings suck, we want a brighter one.
90%(43482 votes)

Endings are fine, we just want the Normandy strand on Earth or somewhere near Shepard.
7%(3291 votes)

Fine as it is.
2%(1014 votes)

Source: http://social.bioware.com/633606/polls/28989/

Carpe Vexillum
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
When did stories that end happily become the literary (or cinematic) equivalent of drinking wine from a box? There are many examples of movies or books with their endings changed or reworked for an American audience to make them more upbeat, three that spring to mind are the movies Brazil and Army of Darkness (which also had one of the best lines changed!) and the novel Down to a Sunless Sea by David Graham (having only read the downbeat ending I'm not sure how it could be reworked to be more cheerful without losing the 'twist' ending) but there are plenty more examples. It is very difficult to find any movie of I Am Legend with the correct ending, and I really wanted to see it. The book was dark and a shocker and hard to read but I loved everything it made me feel. Sometimes it is more important to have a complete ending than a happy ending, and I feel in our never-ending quest for happy endings, we lose sight of that sometimes.

Only over-protected teenagers (and people who never had to grow up) enjoy wading in black sorrow. Most people see tragedy in their real lives, and they don't need to watch it or read it too.

People are pissed because its the final game and it doesn't have a happy ending. I am too familiar with satire and old books to care. The game was great; and it all makes sense.

SPOILERS BELOW

Maxdoggy
03-15-2012, 12:10 PM
When did stories that end happily become the literary (or cinematic) equivalent of drinking wine from a box? There are many examples of movies or books with their endings changed or reworked for an American audience to make them more upbeat, three that spring to mind are the movies Brazil and Army of Darkness (which also had one of the best lines changed!) and the novel Down to a Sunless Sea by David Graham (having only read the downbeat ending I'm not sure how it could be reworked to be more cheerful without losing the 'twist' ending) but there are plenty more examples. It is very difficult to find any movie of I Am Legend with the correct ending, and I really wanted to see it. The book was dark and a shocker and hard to read but I loved everything it made me feel. Sometimes it is more important to have a complete ending than a happy ending, and I feel in our never-ending quest for happy endings, we lose sight of that sometimes.

Only over-protected teenagers (and people who never had to grow up) enjoy wading in black sorrow. Most people see tragedy in their real lives, and they don't need to watch it or read it too.

People are pissed because its the final game and it doesn't have a happy ending. I am too familiar with satire and old books to care. The game was great; and it all makes sense.

People aren't necessarily upset with the "sorrow" of the ending itself, it is just the way that it is presented and the lack of your choices having any matter in the final outcome.

If BioWare wanted to, Shepard could have been killed off and Earth could have fallen. And I would have been fine with that - as long as it was the direct outcome of my decisions and what I have done up to that point for the last five years of the Mass Effect series.

Carpe Vexillum
03-15-2012, 12:52 PM
You are correct on the lack of choice being upsetting.

I guess its just the way the hard working developers wanted to end their story? lol

Yehsus
03-16-2012, 02:38 PM
GAh I just beat it, and idk what to feel.

I need a beer.

Juggernaut9473
03-16-2012, 02:49 PM
grab me one too, or maybe 3

Yehsus
03-16-2012, 04:38 PM
I'll write a full review on my thoughts on a later date. Too mixed up in emotions right now.

Yehsus
03-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Double post, I know, but I wanted this quickly bumped.

Very well written article regarding Mass Effect 3's "finale", and why fans are so upset with it. Some of the arguments addressed coincide with my beliefs.

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

zZ Dr K Zz
03-16-2012, 09:34 PM
ME3 had it's moments, but that ending fucking pissed me off. It has to be one of the worst endings in video game history, I would even say that it rivals the ending that the Sopranos series received.

Spoilers below, like it fucking matters anyway:

The thing that pisses me off the most is that kid. Why was he at the beginning? Why did they try to make me feel sad for Shephard for seeing this kid "die"? I knew it was a hallucination from the first time you see the kid. It was so fucking pointless. But not as a pointless as those shoehorned shitty dream sequences.

Again, I ask, why was I seeing this kid? I wasn't indoctrinated as some bioware fans are lead to believe that Shephard was indoctrinated, which is the dumbest thing I've heard.

Was the kid only shown to give me that "war is brutal" vibe? Because I totally felt sorry for an imaginary kid fucking dying. My Shepard was a goddamn RENEGADE, he can kill 20 imaginary kids and not give a shit about it.

And at the very end they had that epilogue cutscene that was just as pointless as anything. The worst part about it? The voice acting, dear god, was it ever atrocious. "Tell me more about the Shepard." Like, wow, I was so appalled at that last scene that I want to set my ME3 discs on fire.

I chose the synthetic ending, and it shows Joker and EDI surviving?! When in the hell did I ever care if they lived or died? Seriously, I wanted to know what happened to my squadmates and my love interest Miranda. Fuck Joker, he made that joke after Thessia that made me have a burning hate for him.

And getting back to Miranda as well as others, you barely have any squadmates this time around and it sucks. I got to recruit Ashley, woo fucking hoo, I get the racist chick that now looks like a fucking pornstar, yeah that's awesome as shit. And fuck James too, I hated him, he was annoying and so stereotypical.

The only good new character that can't be in your squad was Cortez. That guy was awesome and I loved his character.

Yeah, this game had it's moments, but the ending ruined everything and the fact that Miranda or Jack couldn't be in my squad annoyed me to no end. Fuck this game, they need to desperately fix the ending like how Bethesda did with Fallout 3 in releasing Broken Steel.

Spoilers are done, like it fucking mattered anyway.

Bioware better apologize for ruining an otherwise great story arc.

That ending was Bioware giving their fans the middle finger.

My rant is over, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I had typing it.

Juggernaut9473
03-16-2012, 09:38 PM
^^i would have to agree with every single word up there

Yehsus
03-16-2012, 11:40 PM
I want to go outside and scream at the top of my lungs. Mass Effect 3's ending has made me not want to play videogames ever again.

Maxdoggy
03-17-2012, 12:25 PM
Yehsus, amazing find on that article. It sums up basically everything I've had an issue with.

Dr K, I agree with you as well. And about Joker's joke, did you get him to explain why he said it or did you just tell him off? Lol.

MedeDust
03-17-2012, 10:51 PM
I finally understand. Worst. Ending. Ever. Not even if I was cross faded.

Gargoyle
03-18-2012, 06:19 PM
I just beat this game, and all I have to say is fucking wow.

No Sunshine and rainbows in your ending? Okay then. I'm not expecting a happy ending, it doesn't have to be.

BUT GIVE ME SOME FUCKING CLOSESURE BIOWARE, GOD DAMMIT!!

Puba
03-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Amen

MedeDust
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
What I'm hoping for is that in the coming DLC, which btw is coming, They get more into detail on what went on at earth and what the hell happened to the whole army charging the teleporter. And why the hell a five year old controls the reapers. And why- ok ill stop.

Juggernaut9473
03-20-2012, 10:14 PM
no please keep going :popcorn:

Yehsus
03-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Tomorrow evening I will sit down with my bottle of Jameson, and write up how I felt about the game. The good (which was 95% of it) and the awful (Literally last 10 minutes).

It will be epic.

Juggernaut9473
03-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Tomorrow evening I will sit down with my bottle of Jameson, and write up how I felt about the game. The good (which was 95% of it) and the awful (Literally last 10 minutes).

It will be epic.

^^

Yehsus
03-21-2012, 01:56 PM
http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

Relapsive
03-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Anyone want to play some multiplayer on this? Invite me or send a message.

Blackhawk570
03-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Anyone want to play some multiplayer on this? Invite me or send a message.

Worst Krogan ever..... jk :D

Relapsive
03-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Jelly Bro???? :batman:

Juggernaut9473
03-23-2012, 11:21 AM
i might be on later, just starting using my turian soldier

Relapsive
03-23-2012, 02:27 PM
i should be on around 7 so if i im on send a invite.

Maxdoggy
05-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Rebellion Multiplayer Pack Outed for Mass Effect 3 (http://www.xbox360achievements.o rg/news/news-11706-Report--Rebellion-Multiplayer-Pack-Outed-for-Mass-Effect-3.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

Puba
05-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Interesting ...

Yehsus
05-26-2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzYLTbQQEZQ&feature=iv&annotation_id=ACAVYOS_ann otation_617338

I found it amusing.

I'm going to post my ME3 reaction in the next few days. I've played it through twice now, and I've been typing up a massive essay. Should be a good read for ya'll.

Puba
05-26-2012, 09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzYLTbQQEZQ&feature=iv&annotation_id=ACAVYOS_ann otation_617338

I found it amusing.

I'm going to post my ME3 reaction in the next few days. I've played it through twice now, and I've been typing up a massive essay. Should be a good read for ya'll. that video made me laugh xD lol but I want to read your essay I am wondering what you have in store..

bazongaman502
06-26-2012, 01:00 AM
http://kotaku.com/5920559/expanded-mass-effect-3-ending-coming-on-june-26?utm_campaign=socialflo w_kotaku_twitter&utm_source=kotaku_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Alright you guys, the extended ending DLC is being released tomorrow... about fuckin time.

It is a free download, however requires 1+GB of space on your Hard drive

Boneill1621
06-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Huge mass effect fan and have already played through the endings with the extended cut. Can't say I'm satisfied but of course maybe I expected too much. I'm not sure if I would say its worth playing the last 3 hours of the game again to see the 5 or so minutes which are already on youtube. It provides closure with your squad and speaks on some parts of the future for the galaxy. I will say the synthesis option is more intriguing now but I personally still have a hard time accepting that whole outcome. The clarity the extended cut provides is refreshing but, in the end, its still a broken ending in my eyes regardless of what glue you try to use to fix it.