PDA

View Full Version : FC: RP Subforum Request and Other Info

VerbotenDonkey
01-22-2012, 02:11 AM
So my first request is, if we can, have a Forerunner Conflict: Live-Action Roleplay subforum. And within that Main Subforum, also have two more subforums, each password protected; one for REDD and one for BLUE, to talk strategies, hold Rosters, chat, etc. This Event is becoming larger than I first anticipated, and my hopes is for it to become as wide-spread as possible and hopefully house two Events at a time. Then, we can switch up whose fighting, "call" in for reinforcements from the other Outpost, etc. Either way, this is just a request for a Subforum for our Roleplay, so we can better organize things.

Secondly, and this is mostly aimed at Kuhblam or the Forerunners, this is a request for this to be placed in the "Forerunner Conflict Lore" section. Now wait a minute Donkey, that doesn't fit. Well, technically it might. No, this doesn't concern our War-Sim in the fact of Sunday Night Battles. However, I think, if worded correctly, this could be some small encounter off on another Planet or something. I don't know, if this idea for it to become Lore is considered, I will expand upon it. But I think it should be. After all, we are the two Armies, REDD and BLUE, our bases are upgrading because of "dropoff packages" from our High Command. We're placed in this Canyon because High Command willed it (at least that was my backstory). I think it would fit in perfect as Lore. It's not a type of written lore, more like ongoing Live Action Lore. The Story is slowly creating itself. Those who participated tonight know exactly what I mean. It FEELS like Lore, like we're creating history.

Anyway, thoughts?

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
01-22-2012, 02:25 AM
I am making a call to the forerunners to listen to donkey, Id like to see this greatly expanded.

Bodaciousbaconn
01-22-2012, 10:13 AM
I do agree with the need for a Subforum. I also agree with putting tube subforum in the FC Lore forum as well. But, if the forerunners and or Kuhblam don't want it there, we could just stick it in the Events Forum.

silversleek
01-22-2012, 11:04 AM
yeah, i could see a full fledged story being made out of this.

VerbotenDonkey
01-22-2012, 01:28 PM
yeah, i could see a full fledged story being made out of this.

This is why I want someone to record the events of each Event, in as much detail as possible, in a "story-telling" format, or told like a story. So we have a record. Plus since I can't make each one, I want to know what happened xD

Mythonian
01-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Subforum created.

VerbotenDonkey
01-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks Myth!

Kuhblam
01-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Keep it accurate. I don't mind independent writing, but there won't be any leaders dying/appearing out of thin air or planets being captured unless I say so.

~Kuhblam

silversleek
01-22-2012, 04:19 PM
so far from the timeline i'm writing, i'm keeping it purposely vague, and from a neutral point of view, so no names are added. you can check it out at the subforum

VerbotenDonkey
01-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Keep it accurate. I don't mind independent writing, but there won't be any leaders dying/appearing out of thin air or planets being captured unless I say so.

~Kuhblam

This isn't on Reach. Right now, the Planet is anonymous from Personel (Not sure what Planet we might be using, any suggestions?) and REDD and BLUE forces have only a simple outpost. Neither of the Units from each Army have names yet. This is a separate battle from Reach, on a separate Planet. If any major changes are to occur with plotlines, I'll run them by you first.

Kuhblam
01-22-2012, 05:28 PM
This isn't on Reach. Right now, the Planet is anonymous from Personel (Not sure what Planet we might be using, any suggestions?) and REDD and BLUE forces have only a simple outpost. Neither of the Units from each Army have names yet. This is a separate battle from Reach, on a separate Planet. If any major changes are to occur with plotlines, I'll run them by you first.

I don't really care if it's on Reach yet. I primarily care that any writing in the RP doesn't conflict with FC canon and that terminology is used correctly. Otherwise, it's all gravy and you can have at it.

~Kuhblam

VerbotenDonkey
01-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Well, it's not necessarily writing. All events happen in-game, in a LiveAction Roleplay setting. We have a specific map that we use, and it's realtime strategy, all bases are upgraded off of a price-sheet, all new Forward Bases, etc. Then, roleplay is done ingame, meetings with the opposing faction, etc. First one kicked off last night, and it was damn fun. =) Imagine a serious Red vs Blue, with the FC setting.

silversleek
01-22-2012, 05:34 PM
you can look over any writing that does happen, just incase if you want.

For the most part though, it'll just follow what we do in game.

Kuhblam
01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
I understand the nature of it, Donkey. But there will inevitably be threads recording information on what occurs in game, and those are what I worry about.

But I won't nag; I'll just be that overhead satellite watching you shower and play video games.

~Kuhblam

VerbotenDonkey
01-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Well, the Timeline for the LARP is universally viewable, so you can be Mother Hawk and observe xD I doubt anything will be uncanon though.

silversleek
01-22-2012, 05:47 PM
seriously, i don't think anyones paying attention to me now.

Bodaciousbaconn
01-22-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm paying attention Silver :P

And I'd love to look over the writing and try and help with canon issues.

silversleek
01-23-2012, 07:38 AM
just wondering, it seems the individual BLUE LARP and REDD LARP sub forums have disappeared, and me donkey and scarekro are no longer mods for the roleplay subforum. any reason for all that?

ok, well, *edit* i've found the blue larp, can and admin please move the blue larp and redd larp back into the general LARP subforum? it makes it a bit difficult for me, donkey, and scarekro to be able to moderate them if up to two of us can't see them.

VerbotenDonkey
01-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Silver, some of REDDS LARPers are moderators, and could see BLUE LARP forums through the password protection so they thought it would ruin the surprise of the rp if they could see your forums. So they're in Army forums now.

silversleek
01-23-2012, 03:59 PM
acknowledged.