PDA

View Full Version : Give Generals Admin

RENGADE 0F FUNK
02-02-2012, 01:37 AM
We had this back when I was in High Com in Halo 3 and it was very very helpful (especially cuz we had 2 generals per army).

1. it teaches you how to use admin as a field marshal which you should prob know how to do before getting in the spot
2. If the fieldmarshal is unable to do ALL the admin work a General should be able to be trust with Admin work.

Example of this, I as well as Deadite enlisted in REDD 3 days ago, we "processed" by FM Gargoyle and are still listed as Respected members when i even had a bootcamp today. Him stating he didn't know how to use admin.... which how can that be helpful?

You guys are trying to Improve when even your highest members can't do/know how to use basic admin tools.

VerbotenDonkey
02-02-2012, 01:39 AM
We also didn't have Forerunners back then. We still want to issue caution with how many people get Admin.

Spartanbh
02-02-2012, 01:40 AM
I don't think that many people need admin...obviously this is pointed towards Gargoyle and I'm sure he'll learn the ropes sooner or later. Someone else will "process" your information soon. Too many admins can cause a little bit of congestion and chaos.

GhostHammer
02-02-2012, 01:41 AM
Too many admins = bad thing.

Instead of more admins we need to simply this process.

d3ad1te
02-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Yea its been awhile.

Scarekro
02-02-2012, 01:47 AM
I would agree, simply because when EAGLE was FM, it took him a fucking week to do anything and I really wanted to do it.

However, I do agree that it's a lot of power that should be limited to as many people as possible.

BUT I won't object to anyone who wants to give me admin. ^__^

Juggernaut9473
02-02-2012, 01:49 AM
tried that last war, metkil didnt want to because he didnt want to many admins and with the whole hacking thing im sure hes even less charitable about the idea of more admins

d3ad1te
02-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Yea the whole hacking thing is a good enough reason for me.

Any admin can change our usergroup.

Mythonian
02-02-2012, 02:16 AM
Usergroups changed.

I've been meaning to get with Gargoyle to go over the AdminCP with him. Sorry about the inconveniences for the time being.

However, don't get your hopes up about Generals getting Admin. If the FMs are unable to get everything done, us FRs are always available to help ease the load a bit.

d3ad1te
02-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Thank you myth!

It's weird being REDD...>.<

Nocte
02-02-2012, 08:59 AM
I would agree, simply because when EAGLE was FM, it took him a fucking week to do anything and I really wanted to do it.

However, I do agree that it's a lot of power that should be limited to as many people as possible.

BUT I won't object to anyone who wants to give me admin. ^__^

Hey! HEY!

The only thing I took a week to do was cosmetic changes to the forums!

RENGADE 0F FUNK
02-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Forgot about the Forerunner thing. Just saying, it worked good then. If its a security issue then you shouldnt have people u cant trust in high com

Silko
02-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Don't think its a trust issue about the High Com Members I think its more of a security issue. The more admins you have the greater change of an admin getting hacked then that said hacked account can fuck up the site.

Nocte
02-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Don't think its a trust issue about the High Com Members I think its more of a security issue. The more admins you have the greater change of an admin getting hacked then that said hacked account can fuck up the site.
QFT

bazongaman502
02-02-2012, 12:35 PM
like someone said above

to many admins= bad thing

it takes 1 admin to have a horrible day that can/will fuck everything up and make it harder on the others... its easy to be "trusted", but it can take 5min for someone to fuck this website hardcore...

only people i think should have Admin rights are the current ones at the moment