PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 2

Yehsus
10-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Yeah I'm recreating this thread from the old forums, if you want to fight about it fight Dr. K, he's my agent.

I recently started playing Insane again with my Vanguard, currently in the process of finishing up Overlord DLC, and I cant wait to start the Shadow Broker and shoot the fucker in the face one and for all.

Comments? Questions? Praises? Spill them out.

Shut up loco.

Nocte
10-30-2010, 10:28 PM
I have to say Mass Effect 2 is my current favorite RPG. I loved how KotoR was played out. I hated the combat system, mass effect takes and uses the same simplicity as KotoR, but changes its combat system and of course storyline to something completely different.

On top of that I hate complex RPG (Final Fantasy) it's mainly because I like quick paced gameplay, but I love an awesome storyline.

I actually have seen no negative things about the Mass Effect series thus far (only playing Mass Effect 2 D:).

I do look forward to Mass Effect 3 too.

Yehsus
10-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Play the first Mass Effect. I will ship you my copy, but I want it back.

Nocte
10-31-2010, 12:26 AM
haha I'm currently going through on my second run of ME2. I custom made my character and I'm going Renegade...

Yehsus
10-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Well I highly recommend buying the DLC, Overlord was awesome and the ending to that DLC was amazing. Parts of it actually reminded me of FEAR (the game), as your going through dark hallways with doors shutting and opening in a research base under control of a corrupt VI...and not all is what it seems.

Nocte
10-31-2010, 01:37 PM
I got the Firewalker DLC, it was fun but I know their are better DLC's for ME2.

Yehsus
10-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Firewalker sucked. Overlord was much better, and I hear the Shadow Broker is amazing.

zZ Dr K Zz
10-31-2010, 02:31 PM
I still haven't played Overlord or Shadow Broker and I don't know when I actually will. I've heard that both DLC's are worth the price though.

Vanguard FTW!

Yehsus
10-31-2010, 02:38 PM
I still haven't played Overlord or Shadow Broker and I don't know when I actually will. I've heard that both DLC's are worth the price though.

Vanguard FTW!

FUCKING GET IT SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT ARRGGHGHGHGHHGH

LocoCrazy
10-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Yehsus had a mangasm lastnight...After he played the DLC he droped the F bomb over 20 times in one sentance.

Yehsus
10-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Yehsus had a mangasm lastnight...After he played the DLC he droped the F bomb over 20 times in one sentance.

The VI boss at the end was so fucking ridiculous to do at the end. I had every right to swear.

Only took me 3 tries to beat though, so it wasn't that bad on Insane.

zZ Dr K Zz
10-31-2010, 04:08 PM
FUCKING GET IT SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT ARRGGHGHGHGHHGH
FUCKING SEND ME SOME MS POINTS SO I CAN BUY IT HGHHGHGHGHGGRRA!

Yehsus
10-31-2010, 07:40 PM
FUCKING SEND ME SOME MS POINTS SO I CAN BUY IT HGHHGHGHGHGGRRA!

Get a job you bum. Also, heres a small review I read on Youtube, cause I had to go back and watch the ending to Overlord again (It was that good)

Just completed it. This is the first time I've ever been affected so much by a game. I was playing a Renegon Shepard, he's pretty much a bastard, and I picked the Paragon choice.

After the ending I needed a smoke and a time to think.

If Roger Ebert claims that videogames can never be art, someone needs to make him play this DLC.

Bravo, Bioware. Encore.

Maxdoggy
11-01-2010, 08:09 AM
I agree. That Overlord DLC was amazing. It was a splendid mission to play and it really did affect me in ways I didn't expect. Overall, it is just really awesome.

Al Capone111
11-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Firewalker sucked. Overlord was much better, and I hear the Shadow Broker is amazing.

But apparently some of the future DLC will feature you hunting for prothean artifacts that will aid against the Reapers. Which would include the artifact that was found at the end of firewalker

IX Dr Doom XI
11-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Out of all the DLC that has come out so far, Lair of the Shadow Broker by far is my favorite DLC, the action as well as the reward for beating it is just awesome.

Looking forward to more DLC that will tie me over until Mass Effect 3 comes out

Al Capone111
11-22-2010, 01:48 PM
So, is there any word on more DLC to come out?

Yehsus
11-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Aye there will be, they plan on producing DLC that ties the ME2 story to the ME3 story.

Al Capone111
11-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Aye there will be, they plan on producing DLC that ties the ME2 story to the ME3 story.

Shadow Broker was the first of that. But im just curious as to when the next one will be.

Yehsus
11-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Shadow Broker was the first of that. But im just curious as to when the next one will be.

You, me, and the billion other humans/krogan/quarians/salarians/turians/etc out there.

Yehsus
04-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Bump and double post. Dont hate.

The Arrival came out last Thursday, I had just gotten home from Soccer that night and was hoping to cuss out Loco online before I went to bed, and my jaw dropped when I saw it available on the marketplace. I promptly downloaded it, ignored my homework and went to town on it.

I wont give out too much details about it (yet), but here are my favorite parts.

-More in depth with the character Admiral Hackett. He's a cool guy
-The Reapers are coming. Legit. Theres a countdown on one part of the mission.
-At one point in the DLC you fight massive waves of enemies, with Soverign mocking you the entire time. I ripped them all apart with my MOFO Vanguard.

This was the last DLC coming out, and it VERY much sets the stage for Mass Effect 3. I seriously cant fucking wait for this game. I was going insane waiting to play Halo 3's Campaign years ago (Finish the fight!), but I feel the wait for ME3 is gonna be much worse.

ShenmueZero v2
04-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Mass effect 3 is gonna be charlee sheen levels of awesome.

Kuhblam
04-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I haz no cash to buy this blast. Sounds like I'm gonna need to get more MS points.

~Kuhblam

Maxdoggy
04-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Just played Arrival. Epicness is epic.

Mass Effect 3 needs to come nao!!

Yehsus
04-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Not really a spoiler, but this is what happens if you stand around waiting for the countdown to end :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JLRAX-RbHY

IX Dr Doom XI
04-18-2011, 09:26 AM
New GameInformer came out dedicated to Mass Effect 3,

* Mass Effect 3 starts on earth alittle while after the Arrival DLC, with you taking the charges for your actions on the DLC.
* Planet is attacked horrifcally and you end having to leave to get an army to not only take back the planet but push them back.
* Bioware said that they're bringing back all the characters but some will only be guest appearance, others you get to play with for a mission and others will actually stay on your crew through the game.

So Far Confirmed characters for your crew:

- Liara
- Garrus (If he Survived)
- Ashley or Kaiden
- James Sanders

Other Characters that might be in it

- Wrex
- Mordin
- Legion
- Anderson

Other Appearances

- Udina