PDA

View Full Version : Representatives to other clans?

d3ad1te
02-06-2012, 12:52 PM
I've been mulling around other forum-boards... Was thinking if we could have a few members be representatives of FC and post on these other guys forums and see if they want to participate in our wars. I could even create a video that easily explains the process for whole clans joining.

Checkout these guys, seem organized.
http://dropshock.net/news.php

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
02-06-2012, 01:01 PM
you know I've heard of these guys before. I think somebody may already be a member of theirs.

d3ad1te
02-06-2012, 01:19 PM
I posted in their Foreign Relations sub-form to see if they would like to send a division over here.

Juggernaut9473
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM
good thinking deadite

d3ad1te
02-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Looking like burning already posted a topic. Don't know what became of it though.

VerbotenDonkey
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm a member of Dropshock, as well as Eon and Cadaver, it's rare that they will.

Overall I think we should stay away from clans. We need members, not more affiliates.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
02-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Ooh you're the member I must have been thinking of Donkey!

Anarchy
02-06-2012, 03:44 PM
You do realize they practice and do clan matches with MLG settings, correct? Just making sure you guys realize you'd be bringing in the type of people 90% of this community has deemed "evil".

Honestly, recruiting from clans is an easy way to get members. Whats the difference between a standard FC squad and an FC squad of clan members? Both are tight knit groups forming a team. Just make sure each individual from such an affiliation meets requirements, and I wouldn't see a problem, assuming the clans themselves are stable enough to realize their clan and FC are separate entities. Recruiting from clans seems fine, just be smart about it. We should still be more worried about recruiting members in general compared to whole clans, however.

Nocte
02-06-2012, 04:00 PM
If only was played solely on how well your team does, rather then on how fast you can click buttons and move a stick :p

Because if that was the case, FC could build an empire of affiliates!!!! Muahahahahahaha

I am for/against clan recruiting. You really need to know who your bringing in before you bring them in, which is why I support single person recruiting. You can get to know them better....

VerbotenDonkey
02-06-2012, 04:03 PM
You do realize they practice and do clan matches with MLG settings, correct? Just making sure you guys realize you'd be bringing in the type of people 90% of this community has deemed "evil".

Honestly, recruiting from clans is an easy way to get members. Whats the difference between a standard FC squad and an FC squad of clan members? Both are tight knit groups forming a team. Just make sure each individual from such an affiliation meets requirements, and I wouldn't see a problem, assuming the clans themselves are stable enough to realize their clan and FC are separate entities. Recruiting from clans seems fine, just be smart about it. We should still be more worried about recruiting members in general compared to whole clans, however.

The difference is community. Clan affiliates tend to stay affiliates, and not participate within the community. There are outliers, such as Sparta Squad, that actually do participate within the community, however most affiliates are tight knit groups of people, like you said, however they are predominately preoccupied with their own Clan and don't shed any personal time to FC, other than showing up on Sunday Nights. Recruiting members individually through other means generates members who are based off of FC's community, and will more actively play a role within the community and their Army alike.

Anarchy
02-06-2012, 04:07 PM
The difference is community. Clan affiliates tend to stay affiliates, and not participate within the community. There are outliers, such as Sparta Squad, that actually do participate within the community, however most affiliates are tight knit groups of people, like you said, however they are predominately preoccupied with their own Clan and don't shed any personal time to FC, other than showing up on Sunday Nights. Recruiting members individually through other means generates members who are based off of FC's community, and will more actively play a role within the community and their Army alike.

I agree, that's what I meant when I said to be careful when recruiting from other clans. Make sure their members would meet all expectations we would want from a regular member. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Recruiting clans seems fine, just keep standards high.

d3ad1te
02-06-2012, 04:49 PM
which is why I support single person recruiting. You can get to know them better....

yea cause that's working out real well. There are so many holes in REDDs chain of command its embarrassing.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
02-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Would you care to elaborate d3ad1te? Over pm if you'd prefer.

Link2Halo
02-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Even though were having a debate, I'm also in a clan do you want me to talk to my leader about it to see if we can recruit from my clan?

Anarchy
02-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Even though were having a debate, I'm also in a clan do you want me to talk to my leader about it to see if we can recruit from my clan?

Didn't haseo already try that?

Link2Halo
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
I am really not sure :(

Scarekro
02-06-2012, 08:29 PM
I posted at Dropshock's site back in April. They never got back to me. But I think that a rep for other clans/groups would be a good idea. Seems like affiliates are always involved with our things, but the opposite isn't true.

RaZ Vader
02-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Although I love having affiliates and having their people come play with us in "battles" is cool and all. I think this may be some of the reasons why this war is going down the toilet. The question comes down to this.

Are we a Clan-Battles group? or Are we a community of original members?

Mixing the 2.. not always a good thing. Its something my war council needs to start considering.

Link2Halo
02-07-2012, 12:22 AM
agreed

Spartanbh
02-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Getting people to join us is NEVER a bad thing. But you guys MUST make sure the other clans and communities know that OUR community is not here to cater to their needs and wants. If they want to play with us, then they are going to follow OUR rules and OUR structures. I'm not saying that we are going to split up clans, but they are going to have to get used to being intermixed with our people. It's about US, not THEM. But by all means, if you can get that message across then GO FOR IT! We need the people!

Link2Halo
02-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Sorry let me rephrase that, I agree (getting old I know) getting more people is always good but as others have stated they need to obey the rules and be like any other member and not only that but I remember a thread about purging a bunch of new recruits needed for REDD because of the way they acted. To me that is a problem in the community that I really don't want to see happen.

Anarchy
02-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Although I love having affiliates and having their people come play with us in "battles" is cool and all. I think this may be some of the reasons why this war is going down the toilet. The question comes down to this.

Are we a Clan-Battles group? or Are we a community of original members?

Mixing the 2.. not always a good thing. Its something my war council needs to start considering.

While I'll probably get burned at the cross for responding to anything you say, I feel the need.

Clan affiliates are adding to the problem because they haven't been handled right. If you treat affiliates like a squad, there really is little difference between the two. Just see them as a squad less rooted into their army. Both are groups of people playing with the same purpose. Affiliates may be less rooted into FC itself, but that provides a great way to fix problems like this. WC should be able to move affiliates like my own squad to whichever army they see fit to even things out. It allows deep rooted, hardcore red/blue squads to stay where they want so that a massive amount of recruits received from affiliates won't unintentionally join one army and add to inequality on such a large scale. Affiliates like my own squad that are simply interested in showing up and having fun with a new community won't really have a massive problem with switching from one army to the next like deep rooted squads would, as long as they're still playing with their squad and friends. If anything, it provides legroom to fix problems like these if used correctly.

No disrespect intended, if I gave off that vibe.