PDA

View Full Version : Drill Sergeants!

Nocte
02-06-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't know if it existed in Halo 2, but in Halo 3 FC had a Drill Sergeant rank. The rank was the border between the enlisted and the officer corp. You had to literally go through being a Drill Sergeant before you could ever be an officer. The idea is that the Drill Sergeant ranks shows how much responsibility one can handle, and if they can't handle the simple responsibility of running recruits through bootcamps, well then they can't handle being an officer.

Thoughts?

MedeDust
02-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Yeah I had brought in for the ranking system in FC: Reborn I believe, I don't know what happened I think we dropped it because nobody wanted to be it.

GhostHammer
02-06-2012, 11:32 PM
We're simplifying things, ranks included. No real need for it right now.

Nocte
02-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Thats a simplified rank.

I mean if you want simplified ranks.

Name them:

Enlisted.

Drill Instructor.

Junior Officer.

Flag Officer.

Lieutenant General.

General.

Field Marshal.

Now granted I love our current rank system, the only flaw is that we don't have the ideal active enlisted so we can use the majority of enlisted ranks were currently have.

GhostHammer
02-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Ranks are already finalized pending final approval. Drill Sgt. just adds something in there with a whole whack of responsibilities that can be done by everyone if done properly. We've had enough problems with not having active people as "The DI" to get people through bootcamps at a fast pace, we want to start recruiting more people, restricting the amount of doors they have to walk in. Too many major changes coming on the horizon to worry about something this small.

Nocte
02-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Well RaZ told me to go public with the suggestion, so lets not be so fast to shoot this down.

After all if it isn't implemented within the first changes, perhaps the community would like to see this done?

VerbotenDonkey
02-07-2012, 12:49 AM
I would rather not add the Rank but add the title. Only certified DIs can do bootcamps. They gotta be mean drillcore machines.

GhostHammer
02-07-2012, 12:51 AM
I would rather not add the Rank but add the title. Only certified DIs can do bootcamps. They gotta be mean drillcore machines.

That was one of the things that was supposed to have been done for us. Garg and I are working details on that.

bazongaman502
02-07-2012, 03:24 AM

try being raised by one... god my childhood was a bitch

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
02-07-2012, 03:47 AM

Yea I can go with this.

RaZ Vader
02-07-2012, 01:36 PM
We tried something like this many many times, but the reason I asked to make it public was to just get a general reaction to see if anyone changed their heart. I for one, do not intend on bringing something like this back anytime soon. for 2 reasons:

1: More then 1-2 people can do a boot camp.
2: A Main DI will be too much work for an enlisted ranking.

I like the idea of having a title for this. A high Officer can have a title like this. But thats a topic for another day.