PDA

View Full Version : Clan Affiliates/Randomizing of Players

Blackhawk570
02-25-2012, 02:30 AM
With this new rule of randomly placing players into squads it destroys the idea of recruiting Clan Affiliates in this community. No Clan affiliate is going to join this community knowing that they are going to be split up and be placed with random players of their army that they choose. Clan affiliates never had been a problem since I have been here and in fact are a part of the solution of this balance issue that was present last year. For example Sparta try to lead by example by switching to REDD to give them a better chance of winning last war, so far VbD has switched back to REDD. There is now a greater chance of REDD being able to win this war, but if you try to split up Clans why would they want to stay in this community. If you say "who cares we don't need them" you are dam wrong because the ODSTs, VbD, Sparta play a BIG role in this community and if you lose them you are losing half the members of this community. I love the fact that the Forerunners are noticing the problem of last war and are trying to fix it, but this is a completely different war now and the skill has changed a lot so far. What I am proposing is that we hold off with this randomizing of players for now and play this War with Squads that we can choose and see how it goes. If there is a balance issue then I am more than happy for you Forerunners to step in, but this is a different War now with players on different sides.

bazongaman502
02-25-2012, 02:56 AM
are people really thinking everyones names re being thrown into a hat and and being randomly selected... all they are doing is adding other players to other teams... that way its not a "1 certin level of skill in that 1 squad", instead, they will have good player, bad players, great players and players who can find their butt with both hands (<--- figure of speech).

I see alot of complaints coming in, but i think most are miss understanding the main purpose of it.... I fully understand the concern and id like to hear a final word about it, but i think people are making it seem worse then it truelly is :/

(no dissrespect to you BlackHawk)

~Bazongaman502

GhostHammer
02-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Here's the final words by Spartan.

Teams of 10-12 will be split in half.
Teams of 24+ into thirds.
Any larger will be basis to basis.

This is to ensure mixing of both R.E.D.D. and B.L.U.E. people in Platoons with each other.

bazongaman502
02-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Here's the final words by Spartan.

Teams of 10-12 will be split in half.
Teams of 24+ into thirds.
Any larger will be basis to basis.

This is to ensure mixing of both R.E.D.D. and B.L.U.E. people in Platoons with each other.

agreed

d3ad1te
02-25-2012, 04:00 AM
The clan that is coming into FC still plays together outside of FC.

What they do inside FC is NOT UP TO THEM. It's up to the leadership.

Captain Poder
02-25-2012, 04:09 AM
this new rule discourages the affiliate i was gonna bring in with over 30 members, but oh well... to hell with structure i guess

d3ad1te
02-25-2012, 04:15 AM
babababa bulllshiittt.

Captain Poder
02-25-2012, 04:17 AM
they wanted to come in before last war ended but since i went into surgery they wanted to wait until i rejoined, and now they cant play together and have to be divided inside FC, now thats Bullshit

EDIT: on Pain Meds, might be a little bit irrational and moody

bazongaman502
02-25-2012, 04:26 AM
i posted this in a REDD topic post earlier.. i think everyone should read it:

im not uderstanding the full problem [insert your name]... i understand you and [insert squad name/clan name] have a great bond together, but its not like were telling you to "do this or GTFO". its only for 3 hours on sundays, im sure you guys can live without eachother that long... its not like this is going to be eternal and you will never see them again... i understand your concerns, but i think your over-reacting about it :/

there was more to what i said, but that would cause some of you to scratch your heads...

GhostHammer
02-25-2012, 04:28 AM
I just look forward to seeing the FR's see everyone whining, then there is going to be a show to watch.

Captain Poder
02-25-2012, 04:30 AM
yes but most affiliates like fighting as a team. the duration doesnt matter, they are still in completely different armys but are in the same clan, a little messed up.

bazongaman502
02-25-2012, 04:44 AM
I just look forward to seeing the FR's see everyone whining, then there is going to be a show to watch.

yeah... that will be interesting lol

ill get the popcorn ready :popcorn:

bazongaman502
02-25-2012, 04:46 AM
yes but most affiliates like fighting as a team. the duration doesnt matter, they are still in completely different armys but are in the same clan, a little messed up.

Most clans practice against each other... i hate saying this, but they could technically use FC as their practice grounds against each other...

Poder i fully understand, but i dont see how it truelly is such an issue like how people make it seem to be

d3ad1te
02-25-2012, 05:37 AM
they should be able to play in the same army together at-least.

Salvanous
02-25-2012, 09:12 AM
If I may try to interpret the problem, the error with splitting a clan between two armies is that those are the people you fight against all the time. When you practice with your clan you tend to play against everyone pretty equally, or have your clan go against other clans/communities, with the system implemented that is out of the window. (pardon me if I am not interpreting correctly).

My thoughts on the issue is that I am nervous as to how the randomization will occur, I would be lying if I didn't say I would love to see the guys of 251st coming together again. However I know that the FR's and HC will do what they deem best and if its a flop we can always adjust.

One revisement I would throw out there is that I feel like friends coming into the community should be able to join their friend's squad as long as it didn't make the squad swing radically in skill. But the thoughts in my head would take too long to list out as I'm airborne in 10 min. TO BE CONTINUED! :)

silversleek
02-25-2012, 09:13 AM
i'm sorry, but the fact that friends can't play together, and will instead be thrown in with randoms WILL discourage a lot of people from joining, and WILL make a lot of people leave.

Salvanous
02-25-2012, 09:23 AM
i'm sorry, but the fact that friends can't play together, and will instead be thrown in with randoms WILL discourage a lot of people from joining, and WILL make a lot of people leave.

Is that a "we should talk about this" or a "you can accept it or walk" comment? I am terrible at reading context >.<

silversleek
02-25-2012, 09:30 AM
it's a, "we can talk about this, but if there aren't major changes, bad things will probably happen" comment.

RaZ Vader
02-25-2012, 09:38 AM
OK. Here it is coming from the horses mouth.

We use to focus on getting clans/affiliates within FC. But that was the problem. We were starting to lose a CORE FC member base. What do I mean by that? Basically we have a low original FC member base. I am no longer looking for clans. Instead I want members who have no ties with a clan/affiliate.

Friends are one thing. If a group of Friends (usually 8-10 people) <-- usually less come and want to join FC. Awesome. They are guarnteed to play with each-other within a larger unit of 16 people. You will play with your friends for some battles, then play with new people on another battle.

Clans on the other hand are different. We no longer will make the clans happy by joining an army. Meaning if a clan joins FC, they are no different from a regular member. They all SHOULD join an army together. But, if its a group of 30+ they will most likely be split up amongst the army. WHY? It comes down to balancing an army. If a clan wants to play together all the time.. Join a game battles group, because we are not that.

The problem we had last time was that there were too many squads that would always play with the same people, and in some cases be isolated from the army, and become a powerhouse squad.

So in short, I want original FC members. Not clans. Abide by our rules, or I can show you the door out of here very quick. Upsets you? I don't care.. so please.. continue to cry, because it gets you no where.

Gargoyle
02-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Let me give you guys my personal input as well. When I was playing the Wars back in Halo 3, I had a huge ton of friends. I even kicked it with Renegade! But look now, almost no one I played with back in H3 is here anymore. BLUE/REDD both have huge membership based on newer guys. And I have friends on both sides as well. That's because I don't play with the same few people every day.

A synonym for Community is Social, meaning I really have no idea why you guys are making any kind of deal on this. Maker newer friends, have fun with the community side of us. But when battle night comes up, it the responsiblity of the leaders to balanace the armies. Casen point that Bazonga brought, being not even 3 hours actually. Some battles last war lasted a good hour and a half.

And as I also like to point out with Raz's spiel. Sometimes you'd play with friends, sometimes you'd play with new people. Is that any different than an army at actual war?

RENGADE 0F FUNK
02-25-2012, 11:47 AM
. I even kicked it with Renegade!

Those were dark times.

Also, Period Blood

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Friends are one thing. If a group of Friends (usually 8-10 people) <-- usually less come and want to join FC. Awesome. They are guarnteed to play with each-other within a larger unit of 16 people. You will play with your friends for some battles, then play with new people on another battle.

Mate, that's exactly what we are, just a group of friends that joined FC as a group of friends. There are exactly 10 of us who are active and dedicated, ironically enough, and we're being told we CAN'T be together. Despite popular belief, we are no longer a clan affiliate, and we aren't against breaking off in the future. But our group of 10 people has only joined less than a month ago, we'd like to be able to play with eachother (AKA be in the same platoon) for a while longer. FC still has that "new community" feel for us, and we haven't been here long enough to make splitting up and joining other platoons appealing.

rl;dr - My guys are a group of 10 friends who joined FC together. Not a clan affiliate. So can we stay together as stated in that post? I'm cutting like 3-4 GOOD members at this point who aren't ready to branch outward this early on. And when I say good members, I legitimately mean people willing to re-do boot camp and be active on this website.

Salvanous
02-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Had to approve of the House image, bravo.

I see the reasoning, and as I have only heard how things will play out I will simply say I will be more comfortable when I see this in action.

Spartanbh
02-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Mate, that's exactly what we are, just a group of friends that joined FC as a group of friends. There are exactly 10 of us who are active and dedicated, ironically enough, and we're being told we CAN'T be together. Despite popular belief, we are no longer a clan affiliate, and we aren't against breaking off in the future. But our group of 10 people has only joined less than a month ago, we'd like to be able to play with eachother (AKA be in the same platoon) for a while longer. FC still has that "new community" feel for us, and we haven't been here long enough to make splitting up and joining other platoons appealing.

rl;dr - My guys are a group of 10 friends who joined FC together. Not a clan affiliate. So can we stay together as stated in that post? I'm cutting like 3-4 GOOD members at this point who aren't ready to branch outward this early on. And when I say good members, I legitimately mean people willing to re-do boot camp and be active on this website.

I believe Cody gave you the option of splitting 10 and 10 (because it was said that you had 20 people joining). If you have 10 active members that want to be apart of us then you should be fine with all of you being in the same unit.

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 02:21 PM
I believe Cody gave you the option of splitting 10 and 10 (because it was said that you had 20 people joining). If you have 10 active members that want to be apart of us then you should be fine with all of you being in the same unit.

To be specific, we have about 12 active people wanting to be a part and willing to go through all the red tape.

After ghost threw out that number 10, he later PMed be saying you (or the FRs, rather) made a decision, and the only way we'd be able to stay together is in groups of 6-7 max.

This situation is a lot different for us than it is the regular FC members. Joining AS a group of friends is a lot different than joining then being put into a squad of friends. There's a different mentality. We're friends first, and FC members later. Before you gasp at that, realize some of us have known each other for 4+ years in this "group" I want to keep together, and most of them have only been in FC for a month. We care about the community, we never would have thrown ourselves in the fire by joining red to begin with if we didn't, but if these people are told they can't play with the people who recruited them in a community they've only been a part of for less than a month, they'll leave. They aren't as attached as the rest of us.

bazongaman502
02-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Anarchy, with all do respect and i mean with all do respect.... is not playing with your friends for upto 3 hours going to kill you or them? you have the ENTIRE WEEK to play together, but you guys cant play against each other or on a different squad for a few hours?

Again, i think people are over reacting with what is going on, i highly dought anyone will care if they cant play with their friends for a couple of hours....

Also anarchy, my regular Halo buddies are on BLUE, i came to REDD by myself and made friends fast, why cant you or your guys do that as well?

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Anarchy, with all do respect and i mean with all do respect.... is not playing with your friends for upto 3 hours going to kill you or them? you have the ENTIRE WEEK to play together, but you guys cant play against each other or on a different squad for a few hours?

Again, i think people are over reacting with what is going on, i highly dought anyone will care if they cant play with their friends for a couple of hours....

Also anarchy, my regular Halo buddies are on BLUE, i came to REDD by myself and made friends fast, why cant you or your guys do that as well?

You're right, it's not a big deal to them. If they're going to get split up, they'll just stop bothering with the community they just recently joined, known as FC, and play with eachother all the time.

I don't think you and I are going to agree here. Your regular buddies are in FC as dedicated FC members. Mine are new FC members, mainly attached to it because their friends are getting involved. That gets broken off if they aren't playing with us on Sunday.

VerbotenDonkey
02-25-2012, 02:33 PM

When a Platoon gets built, is it not going to have weekly practices? It is NOT going to become a family? It should feel like a group of people you play with, its own entity within an Army. It should have Platoon pride. Wouldn't it be better to stick half and half? Half new members, and the other half Sparta? Then they can have community experience and stay together. Since they already have known each other almost as long as I've been in FC, I get where they're coming from.

bazongaman502
02-25-2012, 02:35 PM
I don't think you and I are going to agree here. Your regular buddies are in FC as dedicated FC members. Mine are new FC members, mainly attached to it because their friends are getting involved. That gets broken off if they aren't playing with us on Sunday.

I understand your concern and trust id agree with you 100% if i hadnt seen this posted before:

FC is a community, not a friends list

If they truelly like FC and enjoy playing in FC (even if it means having you guys together) then i dont see why they cant agree to split apart for a few hours....

im gonna end my comments here, but im open to talk via PMs if you would like to continue this

SuRroundeD By 1
02-25-2012, 02:40 PM
I still disagree with splitting members apart. Although it shouldn't effect me at all it just shouldn't be a rule period. If a large group of friends join to play, half the reason they join is so they can play together, and have fun. If we start splitting those friends apart in the name of "balance" they are going to leave, or they just wont join in general. The only reason I joined FC was because Halo was getting stale, and IrelandWolf was already a member here, since I know him in real life I decided to join up and see how things would go. I stay in FC because it's a fun system, or was a fun system (I still don't know how the next war will turn out), and there are a bunch of great guys here, but if I were to be split from IrelandWolf I would probably lose interest here pretty easily. But then again, me and wolf are only two people, so it isn't like the splitting rule applies to us. If you split up the Resistance however I WOULD get pissed . . .

The only other thing that bothered me is something that Raz said, something along the lines of: "You can play with your friends for a while, but then you will get to play with other people." Something like that, and I also majorly disagree with that statement. I should be able to play with my brother and IrelandWolf for as many damn battles as I plain want to. Actually, as long as I get to play with the Resistance I'm fine, but if I start playing with (who knows, uhh) Baker Company and random people that I didn't want to play with than that isn't cool. Last war when I would be late into battles and my squad was already in a battle, I would get thrown into a BLUE Mix, but I was fine with that, because I knew that after that battle I would just regroup with my squad. However knowing that I wouldn't get to play with my bud's is a no go zone, and this should be respected by the community.

Also the mindset of "my way or the highway" isn't very cool either. It's the internet, no one here is actually a five star general, or some high ranking CEO of a major business company. We should all treat eachother with equal respect, and listen to eachother's complaints and worries. Any good leader in history will listen to their subordinates, and take their idea's into consideration.

"Democracy is the worst from of government, except for all the others." -- Sir Winston Churchill.

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 02:45 PM
I understand your concern and trust id agree with you 100% if i hadnt seen this posted before:

If they truelly like FC and enjoy playing in FC (even if it means having you guys together) then i dont see why they cant agree to split apart for a few hours....

im gonna end my comments here, but im open to talk via PMs if you would like to continue this

We have people willing to give to the community. But when we join as a group of friends, we aren't all going to immediately be as dedicated to the community as you, someone who has been here for as long as you have. That much dedication to the community will come over time, and splitting us up this early will ruin that.

Gargoyle
02-25-2012, 03:28 PM

Nah that just sounds like a load of crap.

But Anarchy, you're absoluetly refusing to even take part without giving it a chance. Dedication to this community does take time, but so does everything else here too. Including making new friends and playing with new people. If you give it a shot for a few battles nights, you'd enjoy playing with other people. But if at the end of the day, you only enjoy playing with your clan and your clan only, then sorry bro but this place probably isnt for you. We're not a gamebattles team. I've been a filler for every squad that's been in REDD since the last war in H3. That's a shit ton of people and a fuck ton of different squads and I can stand here before you and say that I enjoyed every minute of it. Win, lose, or draw, I had a lot of good times.

AftershocK
02-25-2012, 03:29 PM
I am on anarchys side. You should be able to play with whom you choose to play with. This community is beginning to be ran like a dictatorship with all of these new rules. I dont know if the same thing is going on in blue with the odsts, just let them play together. If given time maybe they will want to intermix with other squads.

Juggernaut9473
02-25-2012, 03:38 PM
why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch about all of this?

KILLING YOUR FRIENDS IS FUN, TRUST ME

plus you guys dont really have a choice so live with it, it could have been worse

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Nah that just sounds like a load of crap.

But Anarchy, you're absoluetly refusing to even take part without giving it a chance. Dedication to this community does take time, but so does everything else here too. Including making new friends and playing with new people. If you give it a shot for a few battles nights, you'd enjoy playing with other people. But if at the end of the day, you only enjoy playing with your clan and your clan only, then sorry bro but this place probably isnt for you. We're not a gamebattles team. I've been a filler for every squad that's been in REDD since the last war in H3. That's a shit ton of people and a fuck ton of different squads and I can stand here before you and say that I enjoyed every minute of it. Win, lose, or draw, I had a lot of good times.

I don't know why you're trying to convince me of all this. I'm not telling my squad to refuse to split up, they just wont have it this early. I'm confident everyone in this community is fun to play with, I really am, and that's why we're willing to merge with others, and not commit to one single army. Splitting people up like so is just... Extreme. And I'm not alone in saying that, either. This just hits my former squad a lot harder than others.

Edit: Regardless, we're going to do what we're told. Perhaps not in the way everyone in the higher up see best, but my guys aren't going to be as willing to put up with as much if they haven't been here as much. That's not a character flaw, that's just obvious and would be the same for anyone joining a new community.

bazongaman502
02-25-2012, 03:54 PM
This just hits my former squad a lot harder than others.

everyone is getting effected just as equally... no body is different in this situation. Spartan squad is going through the samething as VbD, 21st Degree, ODSTs, Firesnakes and every other group... its not like they are just targeting certin people...

Just give it a chance like you just said you would do and go from there. Complaining here isnt getting anywhere because everything has been written in stone already.

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Just give it a chance like you just said you would do and go from there.

It's not that simple -.-

But you are right. I understand your side, I really do, ours is just different and I hope you understand that. Nothing we say here is going to change anything.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
02-25-2012, 04:12 PM
It's not that simple -.-

But you are right. I understand your side, I really do, ours is just different and I hope you understand that. Nothing we say here is going to change anything.

Im going to quote a famous phrase from the depths of Forerunner Conflict.

"Shut up and quit yer damn bitching"

Juggernaut9473
02-25-2012, 04:14 PM
"Shut up and quit yer damn bitching"

this

Gargoyle
02-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Funk, these guys havent had this kind of pressure before in FC. I know that's an old vet FC inside joke, but try to be respectful. These are new soldiers that don't have the mindset that we have.

Guzzie
02-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Anarchy, I understand where you are coming from. Playing with people you are not used to playing with does change the entire experience of the game, even if it's only for 2-3 hours one night per week. Nothing can replace the chemistry that a group has built by playing together for so long. I am on the same boat as you, Violent by Design is probably the best squad in these wars, we have the chemistry and the skill, and we might have to split up, making the squad a bit weaker, although if you have a few core players to show the others the way, you can build new chemistry with other members of the community. I think that is what the FRs are trying to do with this new set up, get people to work together and in return, make the entire army stronger (I know for a fact that people that will be mixed with me will become better). Do I agree with this new set up completely? not really. Will I give it a chance? why not. I'm not sure if you are trying to defend your circle of friends, or if you are afraid that by splitting up your group wont be as strong (not sure how good you guys are). Whatever the reason, just relax and try to make your mates understand, it seems to me like you are trying to cope with the idea, but your friends are a bit more stubborn. If this war goes on and this system proved to be a failure, I am sure that it will be changed.

Juggernaut9473
02-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Anarchy, I understand where you are coming from. Playing with people you are not used to playing with does change the entire experience of the game, even if it's only for 2-3 hours one night per week. Nothing can replace the chemistry that a group has built by playing together for so long. I am on the same boat as you, Violent by Design is probably the best squad in these wars, we have the chemistry and the skill, and we might have to split up, making the squad a bit weaker, although if you have a few core players to show the others the way, you can build new chemistry with other members of the community. I think that is what the FRs are trying to do with this new set up, get people to work together and in return, make the entire army stronger (I know for a fact that people that will be mixed with me will become better). Do I agree with this new set up completely? not really. Will I give it a chance? why not. I'm not sure if you are trying to defend your circle of friends, or if you are afraid that by splitting up your group wont be as strong (not sure how good you guys are). Whatever the reason, just relax and try to make your mates understand, it seems to me like you are trying to cope with the idea, but your friends are a bit more stubborn. If this war goes on and this system proved to be a failure, I am sure that it will be changed.
THANK YOU, is that so hard people?

thank you guzzie

VerbotenDonkey
02-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Guzzie, man of few words but many deeds xD

Juggernaut9473
02-25-2012, 05:12 PM
that didnt look like a "few" words to me donkey :P

Captain Poder
02-25-2012, 05:16 PM
why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch about all of this?

KILLING YOUR FRIENDS IS FUN, TRUST ME

plus you guys dont really have a choice so live with it, it could have been worse
but killing your enemies is even more fun.

VerbotenDonkey
02-25-2012, 05:18 PM
that didnt look like a "few" words to me donkey :P

I meant he never posts xD

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 05:26 PM

Again, I'm not the one that needs convincing. These people JUST JOINED and they're already being picked apart and split up.

^^^ Hell, even raz thinks a group of 10 people joining should stay together... I honestly don't see what more there is to be said. We may not like it, but we said we'd sit on that 10 person limit. Honestly, at this point, I'd just like a decisive answer on the matter. We'll act accordingly, no matter what that means doing.

Blackhawk570
02-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Will this be a permanent thing or just until sides are balanced?

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Will this be a permanent thing or just until sides are balanced?

I don't think these splits have anything to do with army balance.

Jai 006
02-25-2012, 06:13 PM
I agree. If anything, It only serves to hurt red even further. Thats my opinion. It should be painfully obvious why, especially to the people who've been in this community longer than I.

Fuzzy
02-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Guzzie how many people are even in active in VbD, from what it looks like it is just AftershocK and you...

Guzzie
02-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Guzzie how many people are even in active in VbD, from what it looks like it is just AftershocK and you...
Don't worry about it

d3ad1te
02-25-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't think these splits have anything to do with army balance.

What would lead you to believe this?

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 06:42 PM
What would lead you to believe this?

Splitting squads up doesn't change the average skill of a red and blue soldier. The same people will be on the same army, splitting squads up doesn't change that.

SuRroundeD By 1
02-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Splitting squads up doesn't change the average skill of a red and blue soldier. The same people will be on the same army, splitting squads up doesn't change that.

? Let's say we split VbD up and put some of them with a half of random squad #98. The VbD members are really good, the random squad members aren't so good. By splitting up VbD (which is really good) and splitting up random squad #98 (they are bad) we create a medium skilled squad still not as good as VbD. Yes, those VbD members are still in FC, but because they aren't all together the squad's they create won't be as good as the origional. It could completely be a skill thing, but the difference is if they will split up skill or if they just split up numbers. It is to be seen.

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 06:51 PM
? Let's say we split VbD up and put some of them with a half of random squad #98. The VbD members are really good, the random squad members aren't so good. By splitting up VbD (which is really good) and splitting up random squad #98 (they are bad) we create a medium skilled squad still not as good as VbD. Yes, those VbD members are still in FC, but because they aren't all together the squad's they create won't be as good as the origional. It could completely be a skill thing, but the difference is if they will split up skill or if they just split up numbers. It is to be seen.

...If quite literally every blue squad is beating nearly ever red squad, squad for squad, blue is going to be a lot better than red no matter what you do.

bazongaman502
02-25-2012, 07:16 PM
...If quite literally every blue squad is beating nearly ever red squad, squad for squad, blue is going to be a lot better than red no matter what you do.

So its all about winning? i thought thats the mind set we really try to avoid...

Splitting a good squad (Sparta(n) <--- which ever it is) into a smaller group for example could be better. Random players will be placed with Sparta(n) Squad and they can learn from the original members, making each player progress with different players.

So you go from (example):

1 God Squad and 3 ok/normal squads ----into----> 4 great squads that stand even together and hold the same fighting chance.... BLUE is doing the same thing as REDD is, its not like REDD is the only people doing this...

Gussie couldnt have said it any better, people arent gonna like any kind of change, but its up to them to give it a shot... you said you guys are going to, and thats great, but give it a shot before making another statement against it again please... this is like the 4th time iv seen you make a statement against it in these past few days... none of these motions have been made yet... give it a week, by then the ball will be rolling.

silversleek
02-25-2012, 07:20 PM
So its all about winning? i thought thats the mind set we really try to avoid...

well, then you wouldn't split squads for balance, people have more fun playing with friends, even if they lose more than they win.

d3ad1te
02-25-2012, 07:22 PM
This isn't even worth discussing.

What's done is done. When people join us their previous clan should have no effect on what they do here. FC is a separate entity.

You choose your army... Then you go where you are needed.

Kuhblam
02-25-2012, 07:23 PM
well, then you wouldn't split squads for balance, people have more fun playing with friends, even if they lose more than they win.

I have always had the opposite experience that when playing with friends, less fun was had when we got our asses kicked. More balance makes more room for those epic moments and an even amount of wins and losses.

In any rate, gents, squad split-up is happening no matter the degree or level of severity it's at. Best everyone just get used to it and worry about other things.

~Kuhblam

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM

Splitting a good squad (Sparta(n) <--- which ever it is) into a smaller group for example could be better. Random players will be placed with Sparta(n) Squad and they can learn from the original members, making each player progress with different players.

So you go from (example):

1 God Squad and 3 ok/normal squads ----into----> 4 great squads that stand even together and hold the same fighting chance.... BLUE is doing the same thing as REDD is, its not like REDD is the only people doing this...

Gussie couldnt have said it any better, people arent gonna like any kind of change, but its up to them to give it a shot... you said you guys are going to, and thats great, but give it a shot before making another statement against it again please... this is like the 4th time iv seen you make a statement against it in these past few days... none of these motions have been made yet... give it a week, by then the ball will be rolling.
I was explaining why splitting squads doesn't fix the inequality gap.

And by give it a chance, I mean we'll be cutting our numbers down until we get to a group that wont be split.

EDIT: If we're guaranteed 10 to stay together, we'd stop this nonsense (us showing how pissed we are), and go on with our life. Ghost originally limited us to that, and raz just stated groups of 9-10 who join as friends should stay together. We'll comply fully with that without many complaints and a minimum level of bitterness.
(I know I'm stating terms, but I need some confidence in a decision made)
We won't be entirely happy cutting two people off, but tbh they aren't as dedicated anyway. We'll be able to emotionally get over those loses.

Juggernaut9473
02-25-2012, 08:26 PM
why are you people getting all bent out of shape over this? its better than the alternative, you could have not had a choice in what army you were in, so be grateful you have that, seriously its just a game people, there is no need to whine and cry over this just because you dont want to let anyone else into your little groups <_<

Anarchy
02-25-2012, 08:33 PM
why are you people getting all bent out of shape over this? its better than the alternative, you could have not had a choice in what army you were in, so be grateful you have that, seriously its just a game people, there is no need to whine and cry over this just because you dont want to let anyone else into your little groups <_<
If it's just a game, why aren't we just allowed to play with our friends, like the vast majority of us want -.-.

VerbotenDonkey
02-25-2012, 08:36 PM
The opposite side of that is: I thought we didn't care about winning? I thought we were about fun? Then why are we splitting up friends and forcing people apart in order balance things out? I agree, forming larger Platoon and mixing people up may be a good idea and we should try it. HOWEVER, we shouldn't be forcing people who want to play apart, as in into different Platoons where they never have a chance to play again,, just form them together with another team and split them 50/50, like if its a 6v6, have three people from each old Squad make up that new 6 person team. If they want to branch out and be social, good on you for that. However, if they just want to experience a military simulated community with their friends and maybe mix with some other people like we said, then let them have their cake. Gotta meet people half way somewhere.

bazongaman502
02-25-2012, 09:17 PM
I give up.... im accpeting these changes and im gonna follow them, do what you want :)

Blackhawk570
02-25-2012, 10:23 PM
You know I am down for trying this changes and playing this war with them, but I never want this to be a permanent thing. Pretty much whoever I play with in Blue Army I know already so its whatever.

Spartanbh
02-26-2012, 12:06 AM
What has been decided has been decided. I'm going to go with the old cliche and say "IT IS WHAT IT IS." We, the Forerunners and War Council have made up our mind on this and it is going to stand. There is no use arguing or trying to persuade us to change our new style because we know what's best for the community. This topic is closed. I'm sorry for any disappointed in this decision, but you can accept it and meet new people within your army or you can respectfully leave (or even just stay as a member of the community, even if you aren't in an army).

Sorry Gents, but this topic is CLOSED.

(someone with mod powers post the little Topic closed image please XD)

VerbotenDonkey
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Yes sir Spartan. And, if you use Quick Reply, the two things underneath the text box, one of them should say "Close Thread" and I know in our old forums (invisionfree) it would include the picture in your closing statement.

Juggernaut9473
02-26-2012, 06:23 PM
here you go spartan

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z126/EriRi1138/34q3go6.jpg