PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops

King Kyuubi
11-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Who is getting it?

Deathhawk
11-08-2010, 10:52 PM
psssh... no one.

I'm picking it up tommorow. Crossing my fingers that it doesnt suck as much butt as MW2.

RetRdidMunkie
11-08-2010, 11:41 PM
I r gon git teh Cawl Uf Doody Blayk Owpz.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Of course I'm getting Blops.

LocoCrazy
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM
My dad is. But I'll steal it off of him once he grows tired of it.

Grimfalcon
11-09-2010, 12:31 AM
I R

Mi Boys Dinner
11-09-2010, 02:08 AM
All about Prestige baby. ;)

XxClearSh0txX
11-09-2010, 07:34 AM
After reviews come out, and after the price has dropped.

King Kyuubi
11-09-2010, 03:46 PM
After reviews come out, and after the price has dropped.

thats going to be awhile

RetRdidMunkie
11-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Fuckin Walmart is fuckin late with sendin my fucking copy of the fuckin game that was fuckin named Black ops. FUCK!

LocoCrazy
11-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Well.Turns out that me fatha bought Black Op's for the PS3. Looks like I'll be playin with my PS3 friends.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Well.Turns out that me fatha bought Black Op's for the PS3. Looks like I'll be playin with my PS3 friends.
So you'll be playing by yourself?

GET IT?!

It's because you have no friends.

LocoCrazy
11-09-2010, 06:10 PM
i do have more "freinds" on the 360. but the PS3 community is like..3x gooder

zZ Dr K Zz
11-09-2010, 06:24 PM
i do have more "freinds" on the 360. but the PS3 community is like..3x gooder
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5286/notserious.jpg

LocoCrazy
11-09-2010, 06:29 PM
I...I'm sorry. Are you being funny?

zZ Dr K Zz
11-09-2010, 06:32 PM
I...I'm sorry. Are you being funny?

IX Dr Doom XI
11-09-2010, 07:47 PM

I'd take that as a yes but thats just me

Fiery Grave
11-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Fuckin Walmart is fuckin late with sendin my fucking copy of the fuckin game that was fuckin named Black ops. FUCK!

Munkie I believe this game hates you. there is even an achievement called "I hate monkeys"

Acid
11-10-2010, 06:16 PM
To me Black Ops just seems like the previous games just with a different skin and few extra gadgets.

Fiery Grave
11-10-2010, 07:48 PM
To me Black Ops just seems like the previous games just with a different skin and few extra gadgets.

Duh.... you couldn't tell by the brand name? or by the fact that 2 weeks ago they announced there will be another one next year. or by the fact thats exactly what WAW was?

Trent Man 95
11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
To me Black Ops just seems like the previous games just with a different skin and few extra gadgets. I thought that too before I bought, ITS NOT. Its the game of the year, yea I said it. This game is the most balance and frustrating-less
COD ever. If you love your self go buy it NOW!!!!!!!

Maxdoggy
11-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Call of Duty: Black Ops - New Features/Innovations/(Stolen Ideas) List

1. File Share (Halo 3)
2. Service Record (Halo 3 and Halo: Reach)
3. Voting for maps and gametypes (Halo: Reach)
4. Customization of armors (Halo 3 and Halo: Reach)
5. Theater Mode (Halo 3 and Halo: Reach)
6. Contracts (Daily Challenges from Halo: Reach)
‎7. COD Points being used to unlock features/perks/customizations (Halo: Reach)
8. Gun-Game and other Wager Match Gametypes (Counter-Strike: Source and other versions)
9. A Majority of the Emblems (Halo 3 and Halo: Reach)
10. Map of the Earth with players and their locations (Halo 2, Halo 3)
11. Being Fun (Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Wars, Halo: Reach)
12. Putting stuff on your gun, as in Clan Tags and Emblems. (ORIGINAL! DING! DING! DING! WINNER!!!1!!)

zZ Dr K Zz
11-10-2010, 08:57 PM
Game developers copy off of game developers.

And it is innovative for the Call of Duty series. Its way more advanced than what Reach is in comparison. There are a lot more statistics to compare between players and the theater is silky smooth.

Now calm down your fanboyism.

II Recanz II
11-10-2010, 09:30 PM
At first i was like:

"Yeah probably not going to get this. Defiantly looks like MW2 Rip-off."

Im glad I did get it because I am VERY satisfied with what Treyarch has done with the COD franchise. And I loved how mindfucked the story made me.

Mi Boys Dinner
11-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Im glad I did get it because I am VERY satisfied with what Treyarch has done with the COD franchise. And I loved how mindfucked the story made me.

*points to World at War*
Enough Said.

And yeah, fucking mind trip. I swear the numbers to Mason is like one number to me. <.<

HeavyArms
11-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Max, you know half the things you listed have been done by other games before Halo reach?

zZ Dr K Zz
11-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Max, you know half the things you listed have been done by other games before Halo reach?
Shhh be quiet. He thinks Halo is original in every way.

Fiery Grave
11-10-2010, 10:19 PM

he is pointing out stuff that wasn't made widely available/ mainstream since it was executed in the halo series.

Also I don't know the story fully yet it seems like another page right out of Tom Clancy books. That one of my biggest beefs from the MW cod's is that you can find a Tom Clancy book that has the exact same story.. they are as predictable as action movies.

the multi player is always sub par, they seem balanced at first but its quickly realized there are things that are not balanced... it will just take a little time. And honestly if grenade launchers are still in it you can't say its balanced, or anything that was like the p90 or m16 or akimbo....

though competition in the game market is good, it leads to developers doing cool stuff, I find the market is more like this right now: Generic FPS company "HALO AND COD MADE A LOT OF MONEY LET COPY THOSE" Activision's stand on COD "One every year no matter how shitty it is, follow the same pattern and only add minor features to keep up with other more popular titles." COD developers stand point " I DON'T WANT TO GET FIRED" Bungie's stand on games "Hey thats a cool feature lets find a way to implement that in our game. Lets make a game we want to play and others will enjoy it."

I am not even joking these really are there stands on games "well the COD developers one is just what i'd imagine why they still work for activision.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-10-2010, 10:23 PM
the multi player is always sub par, they seem balanced at first but its quickly realized there are things that are not balanced... it will just take a little time. And honestly if grenade launchers are still in it you can't say its balanced, or anything that was like the p90 or m16 or akimbo....

Fiery Grave
11-10-2010, 10:32 PM
name one Cod (sorry for got that) game before black op's (as I haven't played it) where grenade launchers are balanced... you have to admit akimbo of most weapons was a retarded move, and p90's have always been slightly over powered (though this would be the easiest for them to fix

II Recanz II
11-10-2010, 10:53 PM
No P90s in black ops. :)

And they toned down the M16....BIG time. lol its one of the first weapons you start off with in multiplayer.

However I will agree with you about the grenade launchers. Thankfully, The flak jacket perk now protects you from nades more effectively then the MW2 version. So if your someone who hates those gosh-darn noobtoobers, I think flak jacket is for you. :)

Also scavenger WILL NOT replenish Grenade Launcher ammo anymore. After all of the complaints Activision received from MW2, they decided to only allow you only two shots per assault rifle.

AftershocK
11-10-2010, 11:34 PM
so out of 10 how good is this game?

II Recanz II
11-10-2010, 11:41 PM
9 or 9.5.

My opinion, they managed to balance alot of things that MW2 didn't, and have made the game a whole lot more simpler. Noob-toobing is no longer a major issue, # of perks have been toned down, and the game now has a currency system that works just like the one Reach has (except the money for this one goes towards everything, not just your appearance).

And the story...

I was literally blown away by how my emotions were played in this game. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but trust me when I say that this is probably hands down one of the best Call of Duty Campaigns Ive seen.

LocoCrazy
11-10-2010, 11:43 PM
I REALLY dont like the fat that you have to buy shapes and parts for your fucking emblum...so fucked.

II Recanz II
11-10-2010, 11:50 PM
yeah loco, i hate the fat too.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-11-2010, 12:14 AM
I REALLY dont like the fat that you have to buy shapes and parts for your fucking emblum...so fucked.
Why? You earn so much money from games and contracts that it's barely a problem. I have a lot of cash sitting around at the moment with nothing worthwhile to spend it on.

Mi Boys Dinner
11-11-2010, 12:39 AM
*spawns as Takeo*

My gun is like Loco's head. Empty.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Just finished the campaign and it was good. Definitely one of the best CoD campaigns out there, lot of fun to play through.

Fiery Grave
11-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Just finished the campaign and it was good. Definitely one of the best CoD campaigns out there, lot of fun to play through.

I might need a better comparison.... all the cod campaigns have been crap so far so when you say "one of the best" I read that as " slightly less shitty.

Grimfalcon
11-11-2010, 09:26 AM
You can akimbo the last shotgun you get, its semi-auto.

Mi Boys Dinner
11-11-2010, 11:51 AM
I might need a better comparison.... all the cod campaigns have been crap so far so when you say "one of the best" I read that as " slightly less shitty.

It has a weird story. It's actually kinda suspenseful. In my case, I played the game just to get to the cutscenes. It was a mindfuck.

THE NUMBERS! CAN'T GET RID OF THE FUCKING NUMBERS!

LocoCrazy
11-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I like the fact that you can customize your own red 'dot' sight.

Fiery Grave
11-11-2010, 02:46 PM
I heard RC is OP... is this true?

and that the AI is mentally handicapped, my friend used the example that his AI teammate and an enemy AI were using the same large car for cover, they both got up at the same time, shot at each other and both ended up shooting the car for about 20 seconds....

again is it really bad AI?

zZ Dr K Zz
11-11-2010, 06:25 PM
It has a weird story. It's actually kinda suspenseful. In my case, I played the game just to get to the cutscenes. It was a mindfuck.

THE NUMBERS! CAN'T GET RID OF THE FUCKING NUMBERS!
I loved those numbers. It was cool because when your in the chair you can see the numbers floating around the room and during the campaign you'll hear the "broadcast" and the numbers repeating over and over again.

This game is very user friendly in Multiplayer with multiple customization options. It really went above and beyond the call of duty (pun intended) and the multiplayer is a lot of fun to play. I like the layering options for your emblem and such.

Yehsus
11-11-2010, 08:15 PM
If the campaign is good I'll probably end up at least borrowing this game. I'm a sucker for good story lines.

And if the multiplayer is cleaned up from MW2, then I'll be hooked.

Trent Man 95
11-11-2010, 08:23 PM
This is a great game you guys ow haven't picked it up go now. And everyone who worries about noob toobs they suck in this game seriously they pretty nerfed. Also that akimbo shotgun isnt good at all it take forever to kill someone with it. The only thing overpowered I can think of is the knife, they have the same range as MW2 but other then that its perfect. Also if you like campaigns this is the best COD campaign to date. And zombies are back and they are hard as fuck to survive through. I give this game a 9.5 to 10 in my opinion.

Al Capone111
11-11-2010, 09:03 PM
The game is good, not really all that original. But the Cold War era is something fresh. Nazi Zombies is awesome. The AI could be worse, better than the AI in SW:BF2 space battles.

HeavyArms
11-11-2010, 09:09 PM
The game is good, not really all that original. But the Cold War era is something fresh. Nazi Zombies is awesome. The AI could be worse, better than the AI in SW:BF2 space battles.

Is there really such thing as an original game anymore?

Yehsus
11-11-2010, 09:12 PM

FEAR is pretty original. There are others.

HeavyArms
11-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Is it? I really dont find it so original. But originality is very limited I guess.

Metkil5685
11-11-2010, 09:22 PM

1. File Share (Halo 3)
8. Gun-Game and other Wager Match Gametypes (Counter-Strike: Source and other versions)
11. Being Fun (Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Wars, Halo: Reach)
12. Putting stuff on your gun, as in Clan Tags and Emblems. (ORIGINAL! DING! DING! DING! WINNER!!!1!!)

9/10 Would Rage again.

Seriously ALOT of those "features" were before Halo to begin with, let alone Call of Duty (btw, Call of Duty 1 had map voting, just an example).

Personally, I enjoyed the single player campaign. It was definitely a different take on things. I also played through the game just to get to story elements. Zombies mode is awesome, like it was in World at War. It is better this time around even. As for the multiplayer, I just can't get into it. It's the same bullshit in Modern Warfare, which is the reason I stopped playing. I wanted to enjoy it, but I just can't. I get more frustrated playing it then enjoying it.

All in all, it is a good package for people who enjoy all aspects of the game. Myself? I would have been better off if it was a $30-40 game. Multiplayer just killed it for me, even with this "features" they added. It's the same gun-play as Modern Warfare 2.

Yehsus
11-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Show me another game like FEAR that came out before it was released. I'm actually curious.

Fiery Grave
11-11-2010, 09:51 PM

Portal!
Conker
Bio-shock (not the style but the environment)

RetRdidMunkie
11-11-2010, 11:04 PM
My penis is origional. You can all play with it as much as you like.
Especially you Yehsus.

Deathhawk
11-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Well the story is good, but the campaign parts just irritated me.
I don't need to see someone nearly die by dangling off a cliff, only to be barely rescued, just in the nick of time by someone else grabbing their hand.
It got old. Really fast.

It seems like they tried REALLY hard to be epic. Explosions everywhere! Going through rat tunnels! The pickaxe guy!
and so many, many more.

And to be honest, it came off as unprofessional and less like artful; which is what a good campaign should be, and mutated into a cheesy action movie.

Multiplayer is much improved. The elimination of stopping power and nerfing kill-streaks has done wonders.

Has anybody else realized that CoD is becoming more like Halo and Halo is becoming more like CoD?

Deathhawk
11-11-2010, 11:22 PM
name one Cod (sorry for got that) game before black op's (as I haven't played it) where grenade launchers are balanced...

How do you know they aren't balanced if you haven't played it?

LocoCrazy
11-11-2010, 11:30 PM
the noob tubes in black ops are fine. no complaints.

As for M<ax's little Black ops new faetures thing. you make it seem like they used everything from 'halo'. halo used things from other games. Thts just like saying Halo; Reach used the map voting system from Killzone 2. The voting thing was introduced even before killzone 2.

My point: credit is not given properly. Sorry I just fuckin hate fanboys. No offence holmes.

Back on topic. I dont know what it is but the graphics (overall) are garbage. even MW2 had shit graphics. Dont get me wrong, the game is still fun.

Fiery Grave
11-11-2010, 11:35 PM
I don't need to see someone nearly die by dangling off a cliff, only to be barely rescued, just in the nick of time by someone else grabbing their hand.
It got old. Really fast.

It seems like they tried REALLY hard to be epic. Explosions everywhere! Going through rat tunnels! The pickaxe guy!
and so many, many more.

And to be honest, it came off as unprofessional and less like artful; which is what a good campaign should be, and mutated into a cheesy action movie.

Multiplayer is much improved. The elimination of stopping power and nerfing kill-streaks has done wonders.

Has anybody else realized that CoD is becoming more like Halo and Halo is becoming more like CoD?

but have you noticed COD tries to do what everyone else is doing and throw in these things that do well in other markets?

How do you know they aren't balanced if you haven't played it?

I said before Black ops because I haven't played that one, so no I don't know if Black ops is balanced... that isn't what I was asking... I asked for some one to name one before black ops

LocoCrazy
11-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Copying from existing games now-a-days is impossible not to do. Thats what I'm stating.

If another game have something that a huge hit. Why not use it? Sure you may copy from other games but do you really see a war happening in the game industry between 2 companies claiming that one developer stole from them?

No.

Fiery Grave
11-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Copying from existing games now-a-days is impossible not to do. Thats what I'm stating.

If another game have something that a huge hit. Why not use it? Sure you may copy from other games but do you really see a war happening in the game industry between 2 companies claiming that one developer stole from them?

No.

What I am saying is that they don't just use cool concepts from other games they just flat out copy it even if it get ruined in translation.... and its not only games, they do it to movies and books too.

Pretty soon we will have portal guns and jetpacks a dog companion, a rpg leveling system third person optional view, active camouflage and a class system.....

Andimion
11-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Should teh Kratos get teh Black OPS?

zZ Dr K Zz
11-12-2010, 01:42 AM
It got old. Really fast.

and so many, many more.

It was way better than being killed left and right like in Modern Warfare 2.

The campaign is like an action movie. Action movie's are entertaining and fun to watch which is the reason why I love the CoD campaigns.

This game has a high level of gore in it as well especially the parts you slit a guys neck. God that was gruesome. Blowing off peoples legs with a shotgun is still awesome though!

Deathhawk
11-12-2010, 08:45 AM

Action movie's are entertaining and fun to watch which is the reason why I love the CoD campaigns.

IDK, I guess its just me but I'd rather play a campaign more focused on story then cheap thrills.

I never noticed it in MW2, and I beat it on Veteran. But all you do in Black ops (and CoD, really) is....
A. Attack giant bases
B. Attack giant bases sneakily

Fiery Grave
11-12-2010, 08:54 AM

The campaign is like an action movie. Action movie's are entertaining and fun to watch which is the reason why I love the CoD campaigns.

I didn't find I died a lot in MW2, there was only the one part when you stormed the white house where I died a lot and that was mostly because I kept getting picked off by snipers.

and the problem with action movies is, they are all the same.... "Guy meets girl guy pisses off organization (or girl betrays guy because she pissed off organization) guy goes get girl." The war movies are often "guy fights war, almost dies a lot, guy wins war and/or dies".

HeavyArms
11-12-2010, 11:25 AM
IDK, I guess its just me but I'd rather play a campaign more focused on story then cheap thrills.

I never noticed it in MW2, and I beat it on Veteran. But all you do in Black ops (and CoD, really) is....
A. Attack giant bases
B. Attack giant bases sneakily

Black ops to me, seems more like going after certaint people.

Fiery Grave
11-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Black ops to me, seems more like going after certaint people.

but I bet its certain people in bases with a bunch of soldiers in it...

HeavyArms
11-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Some of them yes, but mostly no. I wouldnt call them bases, though. There labs and comm outpost, not really what I would call a base.

LocoCrazy
11-12-2010, 01:39 PM
What I am saying is that they don't just use cool concepts from other games they just flat out copy it even if it get ruined in translation.... and its not only games, they do it to movies and books too.

Pretty soon we will have portal guns and jetpacks a dog companion, a rpg leveling system third person optional view, active camouflage and a class system.....

HEY! You forgot flowers that when "collected" gives you the ability to spit out fire (fire flowers)

Mi Boys Dinner
11-12-2010, 01:58 PM
HEY! You forgot flowers that when "collected" gives you the ability to spit out fire (fire flowers)

LMFAO.

Fiery Grave
11-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Some of them yes, but mostly no. I wouldnt call them bases, though. There labs and comm outpost, not really what I would call a base.

same thing..........

zZ Dr K Zz
11-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Back on topic. I dont know what it is but the graphics (overall) are garbage. even MW2 had shit graphics. Dont get me wrong, the game is still fun.
PS3 version works worse (actually brighter).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5t7mTUcNdI

The engine still looks good with plenty of detail on weapons and characters. Plus the sound is still top notch with solid voice acting and facial animations.

I'm just glad they use their own engine rather than the Unreal one which makes every game look the same.

LocoCrazy
11-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Indeed. The sound is so much better in Black Op's. It seemed in MW2 that all the gun ofthe same class sounded the same, if not the same then similar. Now I'm no gun expert but im sure that each gun sounds diffrent from eachother.

HeavyArms
11-12-2010, 04:26 PM
same thing..........

Not quiet.

Fiery Grave
11-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Not quiet.

its like comparing an orange and tangerine..,. ones smaller than the other...

there isn't a large enough difference to justify it as something completely different.

they are all installations where people conduct missions out of

LocoCrazy
11-12-2010, 04:45 PM
tangerine>orange

zZ Dr K Zz
11-12-2010, 05:07 PM
tangerine>orange
Win.

RetRdidMunkie
11-12-2010, 05:59 PM
tangerine>orange

I <3 you so much Loco...

Meet me in the back room in 5 minutes..

Btw, I haz Grapefruit rite nao. Grapefruit = Jizztacular in mai pantz.

Andimion
11-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Munkie your so black.. lol So I guess im not getting Black OPs since nobody thinks I should. It seems more like just another topic for children to argue over.

HeavyArms
11-12-2010, 06:33 PM
its like comparing an orange and tangerine..,. ones smaller than the other...

there isn't a large enough difference to justify it as something completely different.

they are all installations where people conduct missions out of

What do you expect out of a war game? Kratos you should get it.

Grimfalcon
11-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Munkie your so black.. lol So I guess im not getting Black OPs since nobody thinks I should. It seems more like just another topic for children to argue over.

get it

Fiery Grave
11-13-2010, 01:02 AM
What do you expect out of a war game? Kratos you should get it.

front line trenches, scouring the jungle, defending your base, intercepting other squads....

Mi Boys Dinner
11-13-2010, 01:28 AM
front line trenches, scouring the jungle, defending your base, intercepting other squads....
Exactly what's in it.

Nocte
11-13-2010, 02:58 AM

1. File Share (Halo 3)

This pisses me off more then anything in the entire, if things were not used from other games that people like then guess what?! People wouldn't have a wide selection of games to play...

Another thing character customizations came from Vegas and other games.... Halo stole the idea along with others.

The Emblems were not stole from Reach if you think so then you are retarded their are far more emblems in BO then any Halo games.

On top of that Reach and BO were developed at pretty much the same time and all of those ideas were pretty much asked for by the community...... So you lose and you lose hard another thing BO did with World Map is showing where its night and where its day.

People said the same thing about Reach (that it copied ideas...which it did), but none the less I told those people off too.....

HeavyArms
11-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Exactly what's in it.

Yep. Escaping from prisions, Fighting through citys, running along rooftops, crawling through a rat tunnel.

Fiery Grave
11-13-2010, 08:56 AM
This pisses me off more then anything in the entire, if things were not used from other games that people like then guess what?! People wouldn't have a wide selection of games to play...

People said the same thing about Reach (that it copied ideas...which it did), but none the less I told those people off too.....

Do you know what pisses me off? People who have no idea what they are talking about....

I know halo was not the first game to use most of these thing but when they used something they used it differently than other studios/ games. Often COD games just flat out copy and paste it and then throw in one or two shiny new things about it.

Mi Boys Dinner
11-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Yep. Escaping from prisions

Step one: Secure the keys.

RetRdidMunkie
11-13-2010, 11:57 AM
WHERE THE FUCK IS MAI BLACK OPS!?
THEY'RE SO FUCKIN LATE ON THIS, IT AINT FUNNY.
IMA GO BURN PANDAS IF MY GAME DONT COME TODAY!!!

XxClearSh0txX
11-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Wait for Christmas, buy it for $40-$30 bucks. That's what I'll be doing, anyway.

Andimion
11-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Wait for Christmas, buy it for $40-$30 bucks. That's what I'll be doing, anyway.

I would if Getsuga wasnt pressuring me to buy it... -_-'

Deathhawk
11-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Hahahahahahah

You poor child. You really think that the game will be CHEAPER a month after release, especially that less? It is activision and Microsoft we are talking about here...
And during CHRISTMAS? The time when the American economy is the most active?
Then you should have a mental reassessment, or, realize you'll probably only save $5 at most, and have to wait in possibly a huge line depending on when you buy iy.

Metkil5685
11-13-2010, 01:50 PM

What makes you think it will drop to that price range?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e166/Metkil/mw2cheap.png

That was taken today right off Steam. Most other stores are at the same price (only exception I have seen so far was Wal-Mart having a "Sale" on the PC version for $40.)

Activision is a bunch of greedy bastards that will refuse to drop the price. What makes you think this will be any different. More so now, since it has been deemed the most successful entertainment launch?

Your best bet for this game cheap? Used copy.

Fiery Grave
11-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Hahahahahahah

You poor child. You really think that the game will be CHEAPER a month after release, especially that less? It is activision and Microsoft we are talking about here...
And during CHRISTMAS? The time when the American economy is the most active?
Then you should have a mental reassessment, or, realize you'll probably only save $5 at most, and have to wait in possibly a huge line depending on when you buy iy.

you realize MS has no say in the price right? only the publisher & retail store does, Activision sells it to the distributer for 50-60$ and then the retail medium wants a profit so they charge 10$ more...

XxClearSh0txX
11-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean that I would buy the game brand new. Usually I buy games used, which should be around $40-$30. Forgot to say that.

Nocte
11-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Do you know what pisses me off? People who have no idea what they are talking about....

I know halo was not the first game to use most of these thing but when they used something they used it differently than other studios/ games. Often COD games just flat out copy and paste it and then throw in one or two shiny new things about it.

Really I don't? Cause you have proved nothing to say I'm wrong. And you didn't quote me saying that these two games Black Ops and Reach were developed roughly at the same time. Reach hadn't announced a thing it was using this year. Treyarch wouldn't just stop all it had been making for the past year and say oh fuck all of our ideas Halo is using it. The fucking community wanted those things and few things they would add to be better, BO currency system is nothing like Reach's and nothing like CS's because you can't just buy any weapon you have to level first.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-13-2010, 06:37 PM

I'm not one to feed trolls, but here go's.

First off, yes Treyarch did mimic a lot of items as seen in other games, but they really expanded upon them in a great way.

Credit System: This is similar to Halo: Reach, but the stuff that you buy actually benefits you in some way. There are multiple attachments for every gun to choose from and you can now purchase perks rather than waiting to level up in order to unlock. The contract system is very cool, you buy a contract and once you complete you earn more money. They allow you to change up your play style in order to complete and do something different.

Customization: Depending on the which perk you choose for "Perk 1" your character will change how he looks. Player emblem creation are reminiscent of how Forza lets you design your own car. You get 11 Layers in total to do what ever you want to them. It allows players now to show how creative they can be and that way you don't see similar emblems being used over and over again. You can also place your emblem on your gun along with your Clan tag which is something I've always wanted in a game. It gives you a sense of "This is my own unique gun." The camo system is a lot better this time around as you can now buy them rather than unlocking them by getting headshots with a certain weapon. You can also choose what your reticule will appear like when using a red dot attachment as well as what color it will be. Treyarch made this game very user friendly and giving gamers much more creative freedom.

The amount of stats that you can check out between your friends is very staggering compared to most games. The in game friends list shows up rather fast and it is very silky smooth when scrolling through it. The map of the world from Halo is in this game as well, but they show were the sun is located (one country will be a lighter shade then the other) which is downright awesome.

And one of the features that blew my mind was when your in a party chat and your friends are talking, a speech bubble appears on the screen while playing. It also shows you talking which is awesome, you can see what I'm talking about in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nJkXfH52RA

Treyarch allows you to upload videos to their site (ala bungie) and you can link your youtube account where it will automatically upload the video for you. They can only be 30 second clips, but its a nice, free feature that takes the hassle out of using a capture card. Theater mode is silky smooth especially when fast forwarding compared to the slow as balls theater mode in Halo: Reach.

Treyarch really expanded upon some ideas that we have seen in their previous CoD games as well as other games. They did a great job with it and I hope that other games copy off what Treyarch has done to make the Multiplayer much more user friendly.

TealGore
11-13-2010, 07:36 PM
ima get mine today

HeavyArms
11-13-2010, 08:49 PM
Step one: Secure the keys.

Step two: Ascend from darkness.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-13-2010, 09:06 PM
CoD Black Ops, what has been fixed and what they are working on:

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=313362

Nocte
11-13-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm not one to feed trolls, but here go's.

First off, yes Treyarch did mimic a lot of items as seen in other games, but they really expanded upon them in a great way.

Credit System: This is similar to Halo: Reach, but the stuff that you buy actually benefits you in some way. There are multiple attachments for every gun to choose from and you can now purchase perks rather than waiting to level up in order to unlock. The contract system is very cool, you buy a contract and once you complete you earn more money. They allow you to change up your play style in order to complete and do something different.

Customization: Depending on the which perk you choose for "Perk 1" your character will change how he looks. Player emblem creation are reminiscent of how Forza lets you design your own car. You get 11 Layers in total to do what ever you want to them. It allows players now to show how creative they can be and that way you don't see similar emblems being used over and over again. You can also place your emblem on your gun along with your Clan tag which is something I've always wanted in a game. It gives you a sense of "This is my own unique gun." The camo system is a lot better this time around as you can now buy them rather than unlocking them by getting headshots with a certain weapon. You can also choose what your reticule will appear like when using a red dot attachment as well as what color it will be. Treyarch made this game very user friendly and giving gamers much more creative freedom.

The amount of stats that you can check out between your friends is very staggering compared to most games. The in game friends list shows up rather fast and it is very silky smooth when scrolling through it. The map of the world from Halo is in this game as well, but they show were the sun is located (one country will be a lighter shade then the other) which is downright awesome.

And one of the features that blew my mind was when your in a party chat and your friends are talking, a speech bubble appears on the screen while playing. It also shows you talking which is awesome, you can see what I'm talking about in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nJkXfH52RA

Treyarch allows you to upload videos to their site (ala bungie) and you can link your youtube account where it will automatically upload the video for you. They can only be 30 second clips, but its a nice, free feature that takes the hassle out of using a capture card. Theater mode is silky smooth especially when fast forwarding compared to the slow as balls theater mode in Halo: Reach.

Treyarch really expanded upon some ideas that we have seen in their previous CoD games as well as other games. They did a great job with it and I hope that other games copy off what Treyarch has done to make the Multiplayer much more user friendly.

I love you <3

Grimfalcon
11-13-2010, 10:55 PM
step 3: rain fire

LocoCrazy
11-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Killstreak 1: Spy Plane
Killstreak 2: SAMmy
Killstreak 3: mortar team

Mi Boys Dinner
11-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Beat it on Veteren and no achievement. Fucking great.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Beat it on Veteren and no achievement. Fucking great.
Sure you completed EVERY mission on Veteran?

It could've changed difficulty automatically without you knowing.

Mi Boys Dinner
11-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Pretty damn sure. But I'm going back over the levels that I supposedly didn't finish tomorrow.

LocoCrazy
11-15-2010, 03:12 AM
M60 is where its at.

Normaly i do the whole 'juggernaut' style where ya just walk and shot at anything that moves. However when fighting against campers I set up a perfect MG nest. I hunker down, set up my motion detecter a few feet behind me and i'm good to go. campers dont know who they're dealing with.

I am 100% against camping, but I love to fight fire with fire. And I'm good at it.

Kuhblam
11-15-2010, 07:53 AM
I thought that too... until I bought the Stoner 63. Once you've got the Stoner, you'll always have a boner.

Metkil5685
11-15-2010, 08:04 AM
I thought that too... until I bought the Stoner 63. Once you've got the Stoner, you'll always have a boner.

I don't know what to say to that.

HeavyArms
11-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Wow, Kuhblam just wow. Morter team has to be my favorite Killstreak so far.

Nicholas Sapien
11-15-2010, 01:01 PM
step 3: rain fire

Step 4: Unleash the hordes

Mi Boys Dinner
11-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Step 4: Unleash the hordes

Step 5: Skewer the winged beast

Oh, and K, you were right. I had to beat S.O.G. But now it's done, and I have beaten the game on Veteran now.

LocoCrazy
11-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Step 6: dont feed the Gremblins after midnight.

See, I can do it too.

Mi Boys Dinner
11-15-2010, 03:54 PM
WROOONNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Step 6: Wield a Fist of Iron.

LocoCrazy
11-15-2010, 03:59 PM
fist full of steel. fuck iron.

Kuhblam
11-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Step 7: Save the Cheerleader, Save the World

Deathhawk
11-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Step 7: Save the Cheerleader, Save the World

I LOVE YOU KUHBLAM

Mi Boys Dinner
11-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Step 7: Raise Hell

Step 8: Freedom

zZ Dr K Zz
11-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh, and K, you were right. I had to beat S.O.G. But now it's done, and I have beaten the game on Veteran now.
Wooooooooo! Sweet.

The Aug is my favorite weapon in the game. Tactical Insertion is my favorite equipment to use as it fits my play style as I always love to rush, rush, rush!

Kill-streak 1: RC-XD
Kill-streak 2: Counter-Spy Plane.
Kill-streak 3: Napalm strike.

Mi Boys Dinner
11-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Wooooooooo! Sweet.

The Aug is my favorite weapon in the game. Tactical Insertion is my favorite equipment to use as it fits my play style as I always love to rush, rush, rush!

Kill-streak 1: RC-XD
Kill-streak 2: Counter-Spy Plane.
Kill-streak 3: Napalm strike.

Hated the AUG in MW2, but in Black Ops, it rapes. Love it.

Kill-streak 1: RC- Laughing Face
Kill-streak 2: SAM
Kill-streak 3: Care Package

Not a good combo, but I have Kill-streak changer. :)

zZ Dr K Zz
11-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Kill-streak changer. :)
How do you get that?

Is it a perk or something?

ratingzachary
11-16-2010, 09:01 AM
How do you get that?

Is it a perk or something?

Yea, i believe it's the perk called "Hacker"

Mi Boys Dinner
11-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Lol fail, it's hardline pro. Care package you don't like? Double tap the x button randomly get something else.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Lol fail, it's hardline pro. Care package you don't like? Double tap the x button randomly get something else.
Ah, ok. Nice perk, but I would rather stick with Ghost and my Napalm Strikes :D

Mi Boys Dinner
11-17-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm trying to upgrade Ghost and Warlord too.

LocoCrazy
11-17-2010, 02:24 AM
Hardline all the way. Never knew about that care package thing. neat-o!

HeavyArms
11-17-2010, 08:13 AM
http://www.cod7blackops.com/perks/

LocoCrazy
11-17-2010, 04:27 PM
I do love my hardline...but hacker (pro) sounds more like me. I LOVE sabotauge.

Kuhblam
11-17-2010, 05:36 PM
I LOVE YOU KUHBLAM

Calm down, don't get all grabby on me, honey bunch.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-17-2010, 05:38 PM
I do love my hardline...but hacker (pro) sounds more like me. I LOVE sabotauge.
Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h63dRpMgfSs

I love Hacker Pro. I also have Steady Aim pro and Ghost pro. Steady Aim pro works well with me because I always aim down the sights when in a battle and be able to do it faster gives me more of an advantage.

Ghost pro is there because I don't have to worry about spy planes or sr-71's. I use Hacker so I can see where enemy sentries or sam turrets or equipment are hidden. The hacking ability is awesome to use.

HeavyArms
11-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Nice, Dr.K. :)

Deathhawk
11-20-2010, 10:52 AM
I HATE this game.
Correction: I hate this game's "theater"

Any and just about every game I've wanted to save for when my capture card gets setup has been dropped.
AKA: Host quits and screws up the film, showing only up until that point.
Ive lost at least 6 very nice games including 116 -32, 53-7, and a quad spray...

LocoCrazy
11-20-2010, 02:46 PM
This game is VERY bad for "lost connection to host" and lag. Thats another reason why I'm not crazy about Cod Games in general.

Mi Boys Dinner
11-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Truly against the "Pro Challenges". Some of them I won't be able to get unless I was boosting.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
11-20-2010, 04:47 PM
i got a gunship on nuke town!!! IT WAS AWESOME

RetRdidMunkie
11-20-2010, 07:44 PM
This game is VERY bad for "lost connection to host" and lag. Thats another reason why I'm not crazy about Cod Games in general.

I havent had that for a while.. Had prolly 35 games in a row so far with no problems....

I blame PS3 Cod for your problems.

zZ Dr K Zz
11-20-2010, 07:52 PM
I havent had that for a while.. Had prolly 35 games in a row so far with no problems....

I blame PS3 Cod for your problems.
What he said. I haven't had much of a problem with it.