PDA

View Full Version : Let's Make this Right

RaZ Vader
03-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Hello FC, or should I say the members who disapprove of this whole OP firestorm. I wanna work with you all. And I want to make this better and come to a solution.

(Nice Sig Bomb btw, I lol'd)

So, Let me hear from the people who disapprove of this whole OP Firestorm. What is getting under your skin specifically? All I hear about is playing with friends and/or we want to win.

That is great. We all want to play with Friends and We all want to win. Fine. However, Forerunner Conflict is changing. We need support. I am willing to make things better for everyone.

Basically a certain group of people are upset about splitting up. Why? I don't know. So I am asking why you are upset about this.

Here is my proposal to the issue. Since the Wars didn't start yet, we still have time to adjust some things.

Currently we are not allowing more then 10 people/friends/affiliate be apart of the same unit. Max Unit sizes range from 20-25 members depending on which army. So why don't we increase the unit size to 30, and increase the amount of friends/affiliate/groups to 12.

You will continue to play with friends, and be guaranteed to play with your group for at least one battle. During the same Battle Night, that group will be mixed with the remaining members in that Unit of 30.

So please, voice your opinions, concerns, and IDEAS.

silversleek
03-04-2012, 10:33 AM
so, what about groups of 13? i don't think the total unit size needs changing, i think we should try to avoid splitting up friends all together, and let groups of any size join.

i'll let others make more points, but i have to say, can you please change the forum groups back, it's hard to tell other peoples ranks, especially in the other army, and it can confuse new members who don't know the chain of command.

RaZ Vader
03-04-2012, 10:36 AM
so, what about groups of 13? i don't think the total unit size needs changing, i think we should try to avoid splitting up friends all together, and let groups of any size join.

i'll let others make more points, but i have to say, can you please change the forum groups back, it's hard to tell other peoples ranks, especially in the other army, and it can confuse new members who don't know the chain of command.

Noted. Thank You, and we will not be changing the user-groups anytime soon. I understand that it may be confusing, but it is an organizational nightmare for the leaders. If you wish to display your rank you may add an avatar image displaying your rank, or list it in your signature.

II Recanz II
03-04-2012, 11:12 AM
I am the last person who deserves to voice an opinion on this, however I believe that appeasing this small minority of players who threatened to leave because their afraid they won't "win" anymore is wrong.

Forerunner Conflict is not a gamebattles clan. We never have been. (to my knowledge) In the past, we've always striven to be a fun, lax place where friends can play with, and against each other.

And whenever I heard of this "OP Firestorm", I felt pride that FC's leaders were trying to revive old values that once made us so great.

To the people who are so insulted by the operation, I ask how can you be when we have not even gone through a single battle with it? Please, keep an open mind about this. If it doesn't work out, then I'm sure the higher ups will do something about it. In the meantime, what's the harm in giving it a shot? It may be fun to kill your friends in a game or two.

silversleek
03-04-2012, 11:16 AM
it's not a small minority that dislikes it, however. and when there's such a split created by something, maybe it needs to be re-thought.

ThatRussianBear
03-04-2012, 11:30 AM
I like it

MedeDust
03-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I never was for this, and actually spoke against most of the WC's decisions. But whatever. It's always going to be what they say because it's their Baby that raised for six years. Funny ain't it? Reviving a six year old. Feeding your kid breast milk for six years seems odd to me. But whatever I don't understand I guess.

Yehsus
03-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Copy and paste anarchy's blog post, that's pretty much my fellow dissidents entire argument.

silversleek
03-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Copy and paste anarchy's blog post, that's pretty much my fellow dissidents entire argument.

Anarchy:

Honestly, if you look at who mainly agrees with OP firestorm and who doesn't, it's obvious why certain people do or do not. Those in higher positions, who normally DON'T play with a squad in the first place end up agreeing with the move, while those who lead, or actively play in a squad don't. Tbh, this seems like a prime example of out of touch decision making. I've spoken to a lot of people on red, within my new platoon and outside of it, and I've yet to meet more than 5 people who are enlisted and agree with squads being split. Just because people go along with it doesn't mean they like it. And just because people go along with it, doesn't mean they're happy.

You get the community integrated by having scrims, practices, army events, or even community events. Not taking them away from their friends. This is a lot more than just playing on one night with different people. Battle nights are big deals to a lot of people, especially those normally playing them (enlisted). Not to mention, your "unit" is supposed to practice together and play with each other throughout the week.

Seriously... This is a bigger deal to those in the lower ranks than it is to those actually making the decisions. I honestly think a lot of OP firestorm was needed, but by splitting up squads, you're hitting a giant funny bone for the majority of the enlisted, and hell, even half the officers. And yes, it is a bigger deal than you think, generals, flag officers, and forerunners. You higher ups are in those positions because you're more dedicated, and again honestly, don't play battle nights like the rest of us.. Most people join the community to just play, and really don't care for being told who they will and will not be playing with.

Splitting up squads wont fix the army inequality either. Person for person, blue still has more skilled people. Rearranging people within those armys isn't going to fill a gap as large as the one we have, with red not being able to win a single map.

Just because a lack of formal unit organization worked 6 years ago doesn't mean it will work now, just as economic policy now is a lot different now than in the 1960s.

I respect the reasoning behind OP firestorm, I really do, but it's out of touch. If you don't believe me, feel free to put that poll back up, I'm sure you'll find that not as many people agree with it as some of you think. Lock the thread but not the poll if you want to avoid a flame war within such a vote.

here

Reaper
03-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Anarchy's view is well said and i agree 120%

RENGADE 0F FUNK
03-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I never was for this, and actually spoke against most of the WC's decisions. But whatever. It's always going to be what they say because it's their Baby that raised for six years. Funny ain't it? Reviving a six year old. Feeding your kid breast milk for six years seems odd to me. But whatever I don't understand I guess.

Its aged like fine wine actually.

Ya'll gotta look at it this way:

Look how last war was. Thats an epic failure due to many reasons, more so uneven skill level. Do you realize what kinda morale a new player in this community with just a basic halo skill level is gonna have after being slaughtered every week by "god" squads? A not very good one. Hell i wouldn't even bother playing anymore.

Look i get you wanna play with ALL your friends. But tough shit. We're a military WAR SIMULATION. This is what they do in the militiry.

How about you guys be a little less selfish and think about benefitting the community a tad, rather than you're win/loss ratio.

Edit: and to anarchy. You don't think us "higher ups" never were enlisted here, do you? We've all been part of squads, ran squads, and fought countless numbers of battles. How do u think we got to these ranks in the first place? We kinda know what we're talking about. Because we've BEEN there.

Spartanbh
03-04-2012, 12:24 PM
The WC is actually finding a pretty good compromise for both sides right now that may need a little fine-tuning. As long as we see no flaws in the system, we will give you guys an update sooner than later. I'm sure nearly everyone will be somewhat pleased. Like I said before, we don't want any of you unhappy nor do we want you all to leave, that's not what we are about. This new start-up is all about finding compromises to make everyone's world a little better, and thats what we are going to try and do here. Stay tuned for a later update (I have to go to work so I won't be home till later tonight XD).

silversleek

Look how last war was. Thats an epic failure due to many reasons, more so uneven skill level. Do you realize what kinda morale a new player in this community with just a basic halo skill level is gonna have after being slaughtered every week by "god" squads? A not very good one. Hell i wouldn't even bother playing anymore.

Look i get you wanna play with ALL your friends. But tough shit. We're a military WAR SIMULATION. This is what they do in the militiry.

How about you guys be a little less selfish and think about benefitting the community a tad, rather than you're win/loss ratio.

blue already sent sparta to red, plus vbd during this peace time, if people didn't like being in a poor squad, they could request a transfer to another, and balance that squad a bit.

also, LOL at anyone that cares about custom game win/loss, or k/d.

The WC is actually finding a pretty good compromise for both sides right now that may need a little fine-tuning. As long as we see no flaws in the system, we will give you guys an update sooner than later. I'm sure nearly everyone will be somewhat pleased. Like I said before, we don't want any of you unhappy nor do we want you all to leave, that's not what we are about. This new start-up is all about finding compromises to make everyone's world a little better, and thats what we are going to try and do here. Stay tuned for a later update (I have to go to work so I won't be home till later tonight XD).

i'll be waiting.

Blackhawk570

This is very wrong. We as a community try to collaborate many times coming up with ways to even out the skill. VbD is now REDD and Sparta is REDD. They have good squads now that can win the war for them as long as VbD is active enough said. The reason why the war before the last one was even close was because they had VbD. Now they have VbD AND Sparta which are both amazing squads, so I don't see a problem yet with this upcoming war.

I do the statbook and almost enter stats for EVERYONE single player that participates in the war. I should know statistically when an army should have a fighting chance

VerbotenDonkey
03-04-2012, 12:35 PM
I have NEVER heard a person say they didnt want Firestorm because they want to win.

Honestly, just stick the people who want to play together into another group of people who want to play together. Then, on battle nights, the Platoon CO makes sure the 4v4 or 6v6 teams are balanced skill wise.

Reaper
03-04-2012, 12:36 PM
why don't we just settle this with a poll, except this poll ends with 80 votes this time. the forum for the poll is locked so no flame war but that way we truely see who supports this and who doesn't.

RaZ Vader
03-04-2012, 12:44 PM
This topic is not intended to start anything. I just want to hear ideas and concerns. I see little evidence of that so far in my professional opinion, for doing this for 6 years. I still am unsure what certain people are so upset about.

Maybe I just don't get it.

Yehsus
03-04-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm also a little tired of hearing complaints from redd of a skill gap between armies. You got nobody to blame but yourselves, it's never the victors faults. Whenever I get stomped in Halo I always go back, watch the film and discuss with teammates what we can do to get better.

In conclusion, firestorm isn't the answer to balancing out squads/friends. Practice is.

RaZ Vader
03-04-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm also a little tired of hearing complaints from redd of a skill gap between armies. You got nobody to blame but yourselves, it's never the victors faults. Whenever I get stomped in Halo I always go back, watch the film and discuss with teammates what we can do to get better.

In conclusion, firestorm isn't the answer to balancing out squads/friends. Practice is.

I agree! 100%

If that is the goal for OP firestorm, then I would cancel it. But my ultimate goal was just to have the army function better as a whole. I saw evidence of only certain groups tagging along, and not worrying about the army. For me, this was not about so much of "balancing out an army" But too have a stronger army bond. and Not a UNIT Bond.

silversleek
03-04-2012, 12:53 PM
I agree! 100%

If that is the goal for OP firestorm, then I would cancel it. But my ultimate goal was just to have the army function better as a whole. I saw evidence of only certain groups tagging along, and not worrying about the army. For me, this was not about so much of "balancing out an army" But too have a stronger army bond. and Not a UNIT Bond.

i don't think that's much of an issue, at least, not with blue. I frequently play with people from every squad, and our after battles race games are the stuff of legends.

RaZ Vader
03-04-2012, 12:55 PM
i don't think that's much of an issue, at least, not with blue. I frequently play with people from every squad, and our after battles race games are the stuff of legends.

If that is true, then why are you so upset to be split from a certain group for a few hours in a week? Please.. work with me and tell me what is REALLY bugging you and everyone else.. Im really trying hard here..

I just fail to understand what is making people cry about this.

VerbotenDonkey
03-04-2012, 01:00 PM
If that is true, then why are you so upset to be split from a certain group for a few hours in a week? Please.. work with me and tell me what is REALLY bugging you and everyone else.. Im really trying hard here..

I just fail to understand what is making people cry about this.

Because, although everyone in an army practices together (trust me, last Wae, everyone in REDD was practicing together), in the end you want to be on the Battlefield, what actually matters, with your closest friends.

silversleek
03-04-2012, 01:00 PM
personally, as i know most of the people here, i don't have a big problem with being put in another squad, i mean, i still mind (see donkey's post), but try looking at it from the point of view of new recruits.

someone joins, they bring a group of 15 or so friends/clan mates with them, only to be told they can't all play together? boom, you've just lost 15 people.

sure, you and the vets are invested in FC, but it's completely ridiculous to anyone that doesn't have ties to FC. You'll lose chances at recruiting large groups, or getting any clan affiliates, and those that do still join will be unhappy because they get seperated from their friends and put in with randoms.

VerbotenDonkey
03-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Picture it like this. In school, you have a group assignment. Would you rather do it with your best friends, or a group of people you know and talk to? You'd probably want to do it with your best friends. That's kinda like this.

RaZ Vader
03-04-2012, 01:08 PM
personally, as i know most of the people here, i don't have a big problem with being put in another squad, i mean, i still mind (see donkey's post), but try looking at it from the point of view of new recruits.

someone joins, they bring a group of 15 or so friends/clan mates with them, only to be told they can't all play together? boom, you've just lost 15 people.

sure, you and the vets are invested in FC, but it's completely ridiculous to anyone that doesn't have ties to FC. You'll lose chances at recruiting large groups, or getting any clan affiliates, and those that do still join will be unhappy because they get seperated from their friends and put in with randoms.

I understand that we hype over the battles. I mean everything centers around Sundays. I would want to play with my buddies too. That is why we are allowing the group of 12 or so to play in at least one battle together.

My goal was to never split up anyone, but to make the battles more fair and fun for everyone..but if playing with your "buddies" is all that matters to you, allow me to show you this, its a great site.

http://gamebattles.majorleaguega ming.com/

silversleek
03-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Picture it like this. In school, you have a group assignment. Would you rather do it with your best friends, or a group of people you know and talk to? You'd probably want to do it with your best friends. That's kinda like this.

wow, that's actually a pretty good example.
best friends or acquaintances, seems an obvious choice to me.

My goal was to never split up anyone

well, that's what's happening. i mean, the resistance company had to cut down from ~20+ people just to fit that requirement, now what about the other 8 or 10 untill recently that were cut out?

PhoenixPrime
03-04-2012, 01:10 PM

They don't want affiliates anymore, because people who have joined with affiliates show more loyalty to them than there were people loyal to FC and the army as a whole.

best friends or acquaintances, seems an obvious choice to me.

And he's also wondering why you can't make the new guys your friends...

Raz, I think the big deal here is that they believe you want to split up existing friendships and force new ones on them. That's the core of the problem. They don't mind making new friends, but not at the expense of old friends.

Correct?

(That that I agree with anything. I'm just clarifying.)

Anarchy
03-04-2012, 01:10 PM

Edit: and to anarchy. You don't think us "higher ups" never were enlisted here, do you? We've all been part of squads, ran squads, and fought countless numbers of battles. How do u think we got to these ranks in the first place? We kinda know what we're talking about. Because we've BEEN there.

Politicians we're born regular U.S. citizens too

Maybe I just don't get it.

You don't. Just because the reasoning doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it's worthless or unprofessional. Having a squad is a big part of FC to a lot of people, from the more skilled to the less skilled. Blue and red can both agree on this, and if you'd take a look at a thread that's (hopefully) in the red archives that was originally intended to be an army update by gargoyle, you'll find a 3-5 page thread on everyone voicing their disapproval of anything related to squad splits. Yes, from the reds who we're getting their asses kicked.

I'm really sorry. Things change, squads form, structure appears, and connections are made. It's all well and good that you think coming in and forcing us all to go backwards is for the better, but it's not what's going to make people happy. Squads are important to us. We practice with them, prepare with them, play with them, and represent our army and the community. From VbD and 21st degree, all the way down to fox legion and the 105th, NO ONE wants to be split. So PLEASE stop getting the assumption that you have such a large follow with this, because the simple fact of the matter is, you DON'T. I hate to be rude, but anything less is an illusion. Again, if you don't believe me, feel free to put that shiny poll up again.

My solution? This:
You want people to interact with others in the community, right? And you're all convinced that Sunday night is all that matters? Let's do this. Bring back squads. If things get unequal, use your hard on for supreme power and decision making to move a squad one way or the other. Every 3rd or 4th battle night, have a "mix night", where all the squads within an army mix to form BLUE/REDD mixes. You get what you want with a sacrifice to keep us happy. We get what we want with a sacrifice to keep you happy.

Also: When it comes to OP Firestorm before the forced splits, you probably would have plenty of support. It wasn't until these splits that it became a big problem with most people. I can't speak for everyone though.

VerbotenDonkey
03-04-2012, 01:11 PM
..but if playing with your "buddies" is all that matters to you, allow me to show you this, its a great site.

http://gamebattles.majorleaguega ming.com/

I'd have to disagree. So you're saying that, if you have friends you want to play with, you automatically are just gamebattles material?

There's a difference between playing competitively and playing for fun with your friends. I know you guys are trying to even things out and make it so that people can expand their horizons within the community and meet other people, but we do that by inter-Army practices and skirmishes. And Community events. Doesn't have to be your Unit as well.

Salvanous
03-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I understand wanting to be on the battlefield with your closest friends I really do, but now I am leading a squad of mine own and really on the issue of playing with my friends my thoughts are "I wish we had at least one other 251st ODST vet with us." I've bugged Orange a little about joining us since he hasn't chosen a side yet and would be nice to see a bit of a return of the old. Frankly I would love to see all of 251st back together again, but I also realize that we as an entire squad could serve better separated and teaching newer members.

Raz, if you remember part of my upcoming project you know that I tackle the issue of "squad exchanges" in which we transfer roughly a firesquad's worth of people with another squad for roughly a months time to continue to spread our connections. If that is the case then friends who may not be in the same company may be able to spend half a war in the same company, but not permanently.

I really do understand that we all want to spend ever waking moment here on the site with our friends and those we joined with, but isn't part of a community to also make new friends?

I would say the only thing I can think of that could be frustrating people are those whose connections are more than 10 people, and that is because they all try to cram into one company together rather than dividing out equally. If all of 251st ODST was in the same company but I was told I couldn't join I would be a little disheartened, but if I was told that half of 251st was in one platoon, but I was with the other half I would be happy. (Not saying I want that, but it is for the example).

In the end I think it comes down to we as a community need to accept that we are a community and not a friends list, but a place where I friends list can expand. I can say I really only know 3 people in Ascension Company right now, and even then I don't know nearly enough about them to really call them great friends. However, I have been PMing my new members, and the ones that respond I am working towards talking with them and getting to know them and I know that I will make new friends here too.

Just because I am not in the same company as Wooosh, Harry, Orange, or any of the rest of 251st doesn't mean we can play together, we simply need to find other ways to interact. :)

silversleek
03-04-2012, 01:14 PM
seriously anarchy, if i meet you in real life, remind me to give you something for your awesome writing skillz.

RaZ Vader
03-04-2012, 01:15 PM
I understand wanting to be on the battlefield with your closest friends I really do, but now I am leading a squad of mine own and really on the issue of playing with my friends my thoughts are "I wish we had at least one other 251st ODST vet with us." I've bugged Orange a little about joining us since he hasn't chosen a side yet and would be nice to see a bit of a return of the old. Frankly I would love to see all of 251st back together again, but I also realize that we as an entire squad could serve better separated and teaching newer members.

Raz, if you remember part of my upcoming project you know that I tackle the issue of "squad exchanges" in which we transfer roughly a firesquad's worth of people with another squad for roughly a months time to continue to spread our connections. If that is the case then friends who may not be in the same company may be able to spend half a war in the same company, but not permanently.

I really do understand that we all want to spend ever waking moment here on the site with our friends and those we joined with, but isn't part of a community to also make new friends?

I would say the only thing I can think of that could be frustrating people are those whose connections are more than 10 people, and that is because they all try to cram into one company together rather than dividing out equally. If all of 251st ODST was in the same company but I was told I couldn't join I would be a little disheartened, but if I was told that half of 251st was in one platoon, but I was with the other half I would be happy. (Not saying I want that, but it is for the example).

In the end I think it comes down to we as a community need to accept that we are a community and not a friends list, but a place where I friends list can expand. I can say I really only know 3 people in Ascension Company right now, and even then I don't know nearly enough about them to really call them great friends. However, I have been PMing my new members, and the ones that respond I am working towards talking with them and getting to know them and I know that I will make new friends here too.

Just because I am not in the same company as Wooosh, Harry, Orange, or any of the rest of 251st doesn't mean we can play together, we simply need to find other ways to interact. :)

I. LOVE. YOU. (no homo)

Anarchy
03-04-2012, 01:15 PM

You've played with them for like a month. I wouldn't call that a huge connection.

And most people aren't as dedicated as you. You and I can enjoy this community through other means, most just want to play with friends they meet.

Relapsive
03-04-2012, 01:16 PM

Get Ready for a wall of spam.

What i have said the entire time.

You don't just get good by playing occasionally, you get better by playing games working on your weakness's, and even working on your strengths to heighten the potential you have. Also there is a theater on halo, and that's how i got better watching the mistakes that i made and watching those better then myself played to get a view on what i was doing wrong and what they were doing right.

I can be completely honest and say that i have barely seen any squad practice besides VBD and 21st Degree. (Not Counting Affiliates) But thats why there so good! Because they have people that can challenge each other and they like to have competition, they have good chemistry together as friends so they all work on each others weakness's.

When games are close and keep you on your feet on who's going to win, thats the most fun you can have in halo, or if you beat the squad that has beaten all others and everyone expected you to lose thats when people look at you differently.

Also if you dont practice too much then show up to the game nights! Myth always hosts them. We had one yesterday and the only people that showed up were the "Small Minority of People". When events are hosted that's what helps people get together and meet people from other sides or the new people that joined the community! Thats the best way to meet new people. But if no one shows up thats a lost cause.

Also if you separate squads then thats not really doing anything besides making people not want to play in the wars. Be honest if you guys keep saying "It's only 3 hours that your not with your friends get over it." Then if its not such a big deal why can we not play with our friends for 3 hours then? Its not like were saying "We will not take recruits into our squads!" we never said that, majority of our squad would be new recruits. But the fact that you can no longer be in a squad and have fun with those people is a bit ridiculous.

We accepted every other thing you guys have thrown at us but you cant make simple change? We lost our ranks, we lost our right to speak our mind because we where speaking for the community but you guys removed us from the council because you couldn't change our minds. We got over that every person that worked hard to get to there high officer position or finally received a squad leader job was switched back to private. We didn't do anything wrong but, we got over it.

But the one thing we ask and most of the community agree's with it but you guys wont change one little thing. This time i am standing up for what i do think because if i let you guys have this one, we will have no rights to change anything at all. So therefore this will no longer be a community because correct me if im wrong is a community not a group sharing common interests?

RaZ Vader
03-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Get Ready for a wall of spam.

What i have said the entire time.

You don't just get good by playing occasionally, you get better by playing games working on your weakness's, and even working on your strengths to heighten the potential you have. Also there is a theater on halo, and that's how i got better watching the mistakes that i made and watching those better then myself played to get a view on what i was doing wrong and what they were doing right.

I can be completely honest and say that i have barely seen any squad practice besides VBD and 21st Degree. (Not Counting Affiliates) But thats why there so good! Because they have people that can challenge each other and they like to have competition, they have good chemistry together as friends so they all work on each others weakness's.

When games are close and keep you on your feet on who's going to win, thats the most fun you can have in halo, or if you beat the squad that has beaten all others and everyone expected you to lose thats when people look at you differently.

Also if you dont practice too much then show up to the game nights! Myth always hosts them. We had one yesterday and the only people that showed up were the "Small Minority of People". When events are hosted that's what helps people get together and meet people from other sides or the new people that joined the community! Thats the best way to meet new people. But if no one shows up thats a lost cause.

Also if you separate squads then thats not really doing anything besides making people not want to play in the wars. Be honest if you guys keep saying "It's only 3 hours that your not with your friends get over it." Then if its not such a big deal why can we not play with our friends for 3 hours then? Its not like were saying "We will not take recruits into our squads!" we never said that, majority of our squad would be new recruits. But the fact that you can no longer be in a squad and have fun with those people is a bit ridiculous.

We accepted every other thing you guys have thrown at us but you cant make simple change? We lost our ranks, we lost our right to speak our mind because we where speaking for the community but you guys removed us from the council because you couldn't change our minds. We got over that every person that worked hard to get to there high officer position or finally received a squad leader job was switched back to private. We didn't do anything wrong but, we got over it.

But the one thing we ask and most of the community agree's with it but you guys wont change one little thing. This time i am standing up for what i do think because if i let you guys have this one, we will have no rights to change anything at all. So therefore this will no longer be a community because correct me if im wrong is a community not a group sharing common interests?

Your voicing your concern now. I hear You.

VerbotenDonkey
03-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Well Relapsive, I agree with the skill switching when you lose to a Squad 1000 - 200 every game. No amount of practice in relative time could help you, it would take years. If you lost to them 800 - 600 every time, then yeah I'd say, they're good, but beatable. I can honestly say I saw Sparta, Dreadrogues, and Firesnakes in matchmaking or skirmishing in Customs every day. Every day. So, you can't really use practice as a point, to some extent yeah it does help you get that edge /over a Squad of similar skill./ Not one of VBD skill.

Anarchy
03-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Raz, we all love you, and respect you. But I'm going to say this again so it gets through.

WHEN IT COMES TO SQUADS.

You
REALLY
have
NO
FUCKING
UNERATHLY
IDEA
or
CLUE
how we feel.

I could tell you numerous stories of the wonderful times I've had to do something I didn't like to please members below me in clans I've held leadership positions in. Does that mean the little enlisted members were in charge? No. Does that mean they we're whining? No more than the rest of us when we want something changed. Does that make me less of a person? No, of course not.

We can deal with the rest of OP firestorm. Splitting up squads, and making it as permanent of a thing as you have done with the recent accords revision pisses people off, and lowers morale a shit ton. I've lost a lot of drive to help this community from it all.

You don't have to understand, you just have to listen.

VerbotenDonkey
03-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Raz, we all love you, and respect you. But I'm going to say this again so it gets through.

WHEN IT COMES TO SQUADS.

You
REALLY
have
NO
FUCKING
UNERATHLY
IDEA
or
CLUE
how we feel.

Anarchy, gonna ask you to calm down please. Voice it respectfully, please. He gets the message.

Anarchy
03-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Anarchy, gonna ask you to calm down please. Voice it respectfully, please. He gets the message.

Let's be honest, voicing my opinion on this has made me go from most likely the rank of captain, down to private. I may as well get my money's worth.

VerbotenDonkey
03-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Let's be honest, voicing my opinion on this has made me go from most likely the rank of captain, down to private. I may as well get my money's worth.

You can get your money's worth without getting an infraction. Just lay off the cursing, it tones your arguments down.

silversleek
03-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Well Relapsive, I agree with the skill switching when you lose to a Squad 1000 - 200 every game. No amount of practice in relative time could help you, it would take years. If you lost to them 800 - 600 every time, then yeah I'd say, they're good, but beatable. I can honestly say I saw Sparta, Dreadrogues, and Firesnakes in matchmaking or skirmishing in Customs every day. Every day. So, you can't really use practice as a point, to some extent yeah it does help you get that edge /over a Squad of similar skill./ Not one of VBD skill.

in the second reach war, 2nd assault, (or echo, i don't remember what we were then...) was losing to vbd in territories at the beginning of the war 1600-400

we practiced, and by the time the war was half way or three quarters of the way over, we were losing like, 1032-1031

Anarchy
03-04-2012, 01:33 PM
in the second reach war, 2nd assault, (or echo, i don't remember what we were then...) was losing to vbd in territories at the beginning of the war 1600-400

we practiced, and by the time the war was half way or three quarters of the way over, we were losing like, 1032-1031

Practice is very much a factor, but the problem with the amount of inequality we had is much more deep seeded than that.
(Slightly off topic)

silversleek
03-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Practice is very much a factor, but the problem with the amount of inequality we had is much more deep seeded than that.
(Slightly off topic)

yeah, but point being, some practice can easily turn the tables.

/also a little off topic

Blackhawk570
03-04-2012, 01:52 PM
I would like to say balancing was the only issue of last war, so this OP Firestorm plan really doesn't do anything for us. We have a nice community. Bazonga makes video along with D3AD1TE. Daaah Whooosh makes comics. We have an awesome Statbooking staff. We have Myth (nuff said). We all come together as a community rather than factions when we see something personally we don't like. We tried last war to even out sides with the Sparta trade, but personally I think it was dumb for us to get Legion of Darkness which was a squad that could win in REDD. This is a great community. It may have not been as prestigious as the past, but you can't dwell on that because people come and go. Hell I wish I could get my old squad mates back so we can play together again, but that isn't going to happen. Most of the known players we have now are loyal players who have been with us for a couple of years. If OP Firestorm has the chance to lose those players for no reasonable reason then why even do it. This community has strive on years using the system of last war it has ONE fault with balancing last war. My suggestion is I think Forerunners should be allowed to step in when they see and unfair transfer that would result in stacking an army. Basically our own Auto team balancer which practically every game has for a reason.

RaZ Vader
03-04-2012, 02:01 PM
I heard enough. I FINALLY UNDERSTAND...

and I am going to make it right. CLOSED. Thank You for your contributions.