PDA

View Full Version : Making Halo 4: First Look

Mythonian
03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
OMFG THIS IS AMAZING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6UL63Zo-uo

Battle Rifle is back.
Multiplayer is between Spartan IVs
"We've created a fairly compelling and fairly convincing reason why red Spartans can fight blue Spartans"

This has hyped me up for Halo 4 so much... :)

VerbotenDonkey
03-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Of course the BR is back, thats the weapon he left with xD

Also I have this sickening feeling they're going to be removing some of the casual Halo multiplayer things.

Captain Poder
03-05-2012, 12:41 PM
so will customizable armour still be in play or have they said anything about that? also have they spoken about the 1-50 ranking system and if they are bringing it back at all?

Mythonian
03-05-2012, 12:49 PM
so will customizable armour still be in play or have they said anything about that? also have they spoken about the 1-50 ranking system and if they are bringing it back at all?

Looking at the Spartans in the clips, it seems to be more customizable than previous games.

I would doubt they'd use that simplified ranking system. They will almost definitely come up with a new system, but they haven't said anything official.

Rokkman X
03-05-2012, 01:00 PM
I'd like to say that I'm unimpressed with what 343 is doing with H4 but that mostly comes from seeing 343i's half assed maintenance of Reach. But this video... The hype... it's starting again...

Still wish it had a 3 year dev cycle though Reach is gonna be obsolete before it's time.

Maxdoggy
03-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I was going to post the leaked screenshots from last night/this morning, but this just came out. Lol. I'll check it out when I get home (school blocks suck).

Ex Zen Mute
03-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I wonder how much game play will differ from Campaign to Multiplayer.
Going from Spartan-II to Spartan-IV.
From a kidnapped to a volunteer.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Such a good way to start the morning ^_^
Btw did I see a spartan sprinting? Does that mean they're bringing back armor abilities?

Ex Zen Mute
03-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Such a good way to start the morning ^_^
Btw did I see a spartan sprinting? Does that mean they're bringing back armor abilities?

Seems so, one shot in the trailer has MC with an AA on him.

Didn't see anything showing it wearing down or anything.

RaZ Vader
03-05-2012, 01:46 PM
This may tickle your fancys too.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/05/11-things-learned-about-halo-4/ (CALL OF DUTY HALO?)

and.. I just got goosebumps.

GhostHammer
03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Spartan IV? WTF? Kuhblam! Claim copyright on that shit! :P

Overall, I'm stoked. Game looks great, new audio for weapons (FUCK YES) should be good. Woman at the head of the design group too? Sweet, she'll make sure all the details are covered while us guys drool over the GFX and new locations :P

RaZ Vader
03-05-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

Silko
03-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Well Im glad that we FINALLY have some game play. I really like the graphics. Armor looks pretty customizable. I didn't see any AAs but I would be glad to see them return to this game. After looking at the link Raz put up I think it would be a good idea to make armor more then just an appearance thing. It will bring a whole new way of playing to the table. Customizable load outs? So like Battle Field and COD. I can see this being effective to a point seeing as they can't let people spawn in with power weps off the bat. But once again the more customization the better in my opinion. I really hope 343 can keep up the standard all Halo Games have set. I am not convinced yet but as I see more and more game play I will make my decision then. I would hate to see Halo become the new COD.

Nocte
03-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Spartan IV? WTF? Kuhblam! Claim copyright on that shit! :P

Overall, I'm stoked. Game looks great, new audio for weapons (FUCK YES) should be good. Woman at the head of the design group too? Sweet, she'll make sure all the details are covered while us guys drool over the GFX and new locations :P

Someone has never read Glasslands :p

As for the gameplay, I'm scared they might make Halo to complex. However from what I've seen I love it, I like the new look of the BR and the ridicule. Looks like they removed bloom as well.

The game itself looks like a sexier Reach engine.

GhostHammer
03-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Someone has never read Glasslands :p

As for the gameplay, I'm scared they might make Halo to complex. However from what I've seen I love it, I like the new look of the BR and the ridicule. Looks like they removed bloom as well.

The game itself looks like a sexier Reach engine.

I'm 99% sure when Blam did the back story back in Halo 3 that was WELL before Glasslands.

Ex Zen Mute
03-05-2012, 02:10 PM
This may tickle your fancys too.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/05/11-things-learned-about-halo-4/ (CALL OF DUTY HALO?)

and.. I just got goosebumps.

I hope not all of this is true...

Nocte
03-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm 99% sure when Blam did the back story back in Halo 3 that was WELL before Glasslands.

Well how can you copyright something that hasn't happened yet?

Plus, no one can copyright something for Halo unless approved by Microsoft/343.

GhostHammer
03-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Well how can you copyright something that hasn't happened yet?

Plus, no one can copyright something for Halo unless approved by Microsoft/343.

I'm being facetious.

GTsweet
03-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Psyched.

Always new tweaks, always take adjusting, but usually fun.

Hoping for a beta week like Reach had. That was a crazy time.

Nocte
03-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm being facetious.

Nope. You have that certain tone of voice, I know you're serious. You can't hide it.

Silko
03-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Hoping for a beta week like Reach had. That was a crazy time.

Ditto

MedeDust
03-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Look forward to it. I at least hope it's better than Reach.

Salvanous
03-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Battle Rifle is back.... my baby is finally back.... T.T

Now if they can make the Sniper be how I want it then I will be fully at home.....

I also wonder if they will be having dual wielding again... (kind of hope they do, but also hope they dont...)

GhostHammer
03-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Nope. You have that certain tone of voice, I know you're serious. You can't hide it.

You can tell tone via text? Dang, bless me with this sacred gift 'O Holy One.

Salvanous
03-05-2012, 02:44 PM
btw, it looks like you get points in Slayer now for different things, if you look at the gameplay near the end, the Blue gets a kill on a Red, and he gets two medals, with two values: Headshot and Assist, each of these add up to 10 points value and that is what is added to the team score. Also, it looks like there are three 0's up in the top right corner, which means that we should expect 3 different types of grenades. If I where to place my bets on what kinds of grenades, my money is on frag, plasma, and flash (as flash is pretty well established in the Halo books).

Also, I am not seeing a meter of any kind for armor abilities, so it is possible that Spartans can just sprint now, that or they aren't showing other abilities yet (guess on the second option).

GhostHammer
03-05-2012, 02:45 PM
btw, it looks like you get points in Slayer now for different things, if you look at the gameplay near the end, the Blue gets a kill on a Red, and he gets two medals, with two values: Headshot and Assist, each of these add up to 10 points value and that is what is added to the team score. Also, it looks like there are three 0's up in the top right corner, which means that we should expect 3 different types of grenades. If I where to place my bets on what kinds of grenades, my money is on frag, plasma, and flash (as flash is pretty well established in the Halo books).

I hope no flash. WAAAAAAAYYY to CoD to put into Halo. I'd be ok with a Forerunner type grenade. Maybe like a yellow flashy laser type thingy. Yea that one ;P

Salvanous
03-05-2012, 02:50 PM
What I think the flash grenades would do would be purely EMP related, as in they couldn't do any actual damage, except to shields. If you remember in the Ghosts of Onyx, the Spartan III's said that flash grenades messed with their cloaking. I don't think they would do flash grenades like they do in CoD, but I would say it is possible that they may be like the flare equipment from Halo 3.

GhostHammer
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
What I think the flash grenades would do would be purely EMP related, as in they couldn't do any actual damage, except to shields. If you remember in the Ghosts of Onyx, the Spartan III's said that flash grenades messed with their cloaking. I don't think they would do flash grenades like they do in CoD, but I would say it is possible that they may be like the flare equipment from Halo 3.

Possible I guess. Never did like the flare. And an EMP? I think that would be a bit to overpowered if you could drop shields with one grenade. To compensate you'd have to make the blast radius smaller, thus it'd be no different than a regular grenade.

MedeDust
03-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Possible I guess. Never did like the flare. And an EMP? I think that would be a bit to overpowered if you could drop shields with one grenade. To compensate you'd have to make the blast radius smaller, thus it'd be no different than a regular grenade. you already can drop shields with one grenade

GhostHammer
03-05-2012, 03:27 PM
you already can drop shields with one grenade

Yea I meant blast radius XD

My point was that to be balanced in radius it would be redundant (Same effects as regular grenade minus lethality)

Juggernaut9473
03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
if i can have my flame thrower back ill be happy

GhostHammer
03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
if i can have my flame thrower back ill be happy
^This guy.

Rokkman X
03-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Proximity Mines and Remote Mines?

GhostHammer
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Proximity Mines and Remote Mines?

THAT would be sick. I loved the mines in H3 and Reach but wanted to be able to use them more. Explosives would be fun for sure.

I really want to see SILENCERS.

Rokkman X
03-05-2012, 03:43 PM
I hope they don't get rid of the AR though, I love my AR. :]

I wouldn't mind if they brought back the SMG as well. Its a better choice for close range.

Juggernaut9473
03-05-2012, 03:45 PM
^This guy.

what? you dont like my little campfires? i use dead spartan bodies, they burn longer than any tree

Ex Zen Mute
03-05-2012, 03:59 PM
All I want is an AR that can actually do something without melee.

Nocte
03-05-2012, 04:02 PM
THAT would be sick. I loved the mines in H3 and Reach but wanted to be able to use them more. Explosives would be fun for sure.

And my M7 caseless damnit! They took my baby from me in Reach, they better bring it back this time around!

I honestly wish Halo would move into a Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter combat approach. I think it would look and feel a lot more Spartanish. Seeing that they are super soliders which they said they want to make it feel like that. I am looking forward to that, in all of the books is talks about how strong and how powerful the Spartan's are, but the games never portray that. The only thing different from marines is that you have better armor then they do.

Relapsive
03-05-2012, 04:03 PM
^Agreed, but as well as i am completely hyped about the BR!

Rokkman X
03-05-2012, 04:11 PM
All I want is an AR that can actually do something without melee.
Short controlled bursts my friend.

Ex Zen Mute
03-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Short controlled bursts my friend.

Let me clarify...

In CQC against a long-/med-range weapon.
I do not want the BR to be a utility weapon again.

GTsweet
03-05-2012, 04:24 PM

The Halo 4 Trailer they showed at E3 last year ended with MC putting a silencer on the pistol. Silencers(at least pistol) are a lock for H4.

Rokkman X
03-05-2012, 04:27 PM
The Halo 4 Trailer they showed at E3 last year ended with MC putting a silencer on the pistol. Silencers(at least pistol) are a lock for H4.
I think that was a pistol grenade.

Juggernaut9473
03-05-2012, 04:27 PM
he also shot a mini rocket from that pistol attachment...so it could have just been a special weapon mod

EDIT: Rokkman beat me to it

GTsweet
03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I think that was a pistol grenade.

As in the pistol turns into a mini-grenade launcher? Interesting. Maybe a grappling hook? MC = Batman.

Salvanous
03-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I think you would see frags having more radius, but less potent against shields, while the flash/EMP grenades would just do shield damage but no physical damage. But really this is speculation on a very high level.

VerbotenDonkey
03-05-2012, 04:36 PM
It was a pistol-rocket, that's what is most believed.

Also, as a Counter Strike player, I vote NAY on the flashbangs/grenades. Good lord, those things are devils.

Fuzzy
03-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Is it safe to say I wasn't the only one that needs a new pair of pants...?

Ex Zen Mute
03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Is it safe to say I wasn't the only one that needs a new pair of pants...?

Nope. I wasn't wearing pants.

Guzzie
03-05-2012, 04:51 PM
spartans look pretty cool I am not going to lie. Hopefully there are more armor choices and customization than in reach. Pretty pumped about the BR making a comeback although I hope it doesn't work like the H3 BR with a "bloom" effect; hopefully it has the DMRs zero bloom shot registration.

Fuzzy
03-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Nope. I wasn't wearing pants.

Do you still have legs?

Static
03-05-2012, 04:54 PM
This looks so bad ass!! =)

Yehsus
03-05-2012, 05:15 PM
3 key points that made me solid.

"The Battle Rifle is back with it's usual 3 round burst"
"No recycled multiplayer maps from campaign"
"We wanted to do something very different with competitive gameplay in mind"

God I hope 343 brings back competitive Halo. In Reach I had no desire to get better with the game, the only competition I craved came from 3rd party websites such as the GGN and FC.

I also cant wait to see what they do with the forge this time around. Every Halo since H3 forging has been getting bigger and bigger. I really would like to see WEATHER and TIME OF DAY change during a game, and can be controlled via forge. Could you guys imagine playing in the Wars during a dry Autumn, then when December starts rolling around seeing snow outside as well as in the game?

Cant wait for the return of true Halo.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Im with Yehsus on the weather. I've had an idea brewing in my head of changable environment. The Forge World we currently have is grassy, but what if we were able to change it to sand or snow? Or any other landscape. As for time of day I think that would be great too. People try to get a nighttime feel with the purple color effect but it honestly sucks. It would be cool to have an actual night option.

Salvanous
03-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Well if you look at the video it doesn't show a bloom, but as there already is a slight spread in the burst, and you you can't rapid fire the Battle Rifle, I would say that you don't really deal with bloom.

Juggernaut9473
03-05-2012, 05:44 PM
give halo a version of Far Cry 2's map editor

Relapsive
03-05-2012, 05:58 PM
3 key points that made me solid.

"The Battle Rifle is back with it's usual 3 round burst"
"No recycled multiplayer maps from campaign"
"We wanted to do something very different with competitive gameplay in mind"

God I hope 343 brings back competitive Halo.
Cant wait for the return of true Halo.

Couldn't agree more with you my friend.

Harry
03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I excreted a whole lot of bodily fluids while watching this.

I CANT WAIT FOR MORE!!!!!!!!

d3ad1te
03-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Bravo 343 bravo! It looks beautiful.

Sataxus
03-05-2012, 09:45 PM
give halo a version of Far Cry 2's map editor

Wouldn't anything less honestly not feel like enough?

Juggernaut9473
03-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Wouldn't anything less honestly not feel like enough?

nope, they need to let us make truly custom maps, not different maps on the same base

Bodaciousbaconn
03-05-2012, 10:34 PM
They said Holiday 2012. Anybody up for making a major holiday in May, then going forward in time to get the finished product, then coming back to present day with the data, giving it to 343, then having Halo in May?

Choca Cola
03-06-2012, 07:28 PM
We got Spartan-IV's Battle Rifles, and a developer that's trying to live up to the name.
This will be interesting...