PDA

View Full Version : Halo Zombies Tonight! (3/5)

VerbotenDonkey
03-05-2012, 06:58 PM
That's right, super short notice. But, if anyone can get online tonight (or any night this week really), I will be hosting a lot of customs lobbies. It's peace time so why the hell not. They will mostly be zombies themed, because I'm having a Zombie craze right now. I have two different linear zombies Maps with a "Left for Dead" style play. One is just two Acts long, it follows the No Hope campaign from L4D. The other is 9 Acts long, and follows a group of survivors from Philadelphia during a zombie invasion as they progress through different areas; all of the Acts play differently and it's really interesting. I also have some fan favorites like "Raptors" and the zm_maps that people usually enjoy, although those are just survive maps, no purpose.

These L4D style maps are different than what most people are used to. They are pretty "hard" and not for those who want instant kills as zombies. Humans have the health bars, meaning they'll take about 3 to 4 swings with the sword to kill, or a single assassination will kill them. These maps are not camping style for humans, you'll have to progress through the level towards the end. At first, you'll think it's really easy, since there are only a few zombies and you aren't an instant kill (as long as you watch your back lol). But soon you'll see people getting picked off or assassinated, and you'll have a horde of undead coming from all directions. It's rare that a game actually makes it to the end. Survivors really have to use team work and use the healthpacks wisely. There are also "Tanks", which are rare infected (a custom power up spawns maybe once or twice a game). They are green in color, instead of the white/pale infected color, and can't sprint like the others but takes a lot of ammo to kill, and if he hits you, it's a one-hit kill. Survivors need to combine fire to kill him.

Uniquely, you have to hold out at certain parts while you wait for things to spawn, such as either disappearing roadblocks, or ladders to spawn (ladders are two pieces that jut out of a wall and go up quite a ways, you can climb them by going inbetween the pieces and jumping continuously).

So if you're interested in having some zombie fun tonight for any night this week, make sure you post here or get online tonight (around 8ish, but there's no set time as to when I'll be getting on. Once I'm on, I'll be playing zombie lobbies constantly). So either post here or get online and message me!

Yehsus
03-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I'll be down for this tomorrow.

bazongaman502
03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Im down for this tonight after the HC/officer meeting :)

VerbotenDonkey
03-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Im down for this tonight after the HC/officer meeting :)

Can you record the event by any chance?

bazongaman502
03-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Can you record the event by any chance?

.... is this all iv become? lol

Sataxus
03-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm online like it's my job, always DTP

VerbotenDonkey
03-05-2012, 07:34 PM

Will you do it if I say no? =D

And if you don't want you don't have to lol but I figure we need more videos for our channels, and some that aren't Battles.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-05-2012, 07:38 PM
I'll try to make it, those gametypes are a ton of fun.

bazongaman502
03-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Will you do it if I say no? =D

And if you don't want you don't have to lol but I figure we need more videos for our channels, and some that aren't Battles.

I guess, as long as it doesnt take forever... i only have 64GBs left and each 15min video is 4GBs worth (it has to make 2 copies)

Blackhawk570
03-05-2012, 07:45 PM

You're our video whore.

VerbotenDonkey
03-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Can't you delete them once they're on Youtube?

bazongaman502
03-05-2012, 07:46 PM
You're our video whore.

sigh* iv noticed

bazongaman502
03-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Can't you delete them once they're on Youtube?

I can, however when i post the videos people find errors, so i keep the films and see if i can fix them

VerbotenDonkey
03-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Ah. Well I was hoping we could showcase some community gaming tonight. I have 0 percent knowledge on recording and stuff so it's whatever works for you.

bazongaman502
03-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Ah. Well I was hoping we could showcase some community gaming tonight. I have 0 percent knowledge on recording and stuff so it's whatever works for you.

I can do it Doney... i have no problems in doing so, however im not going to record the whole night... maybe like 1 round

VerbotenDonkey
03-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Happening now

Choca Cola
03-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Note: Act 9 came out for download and Act 10 came out while we were playing... I hope we incorporate this when we do another.

VerbotenDonkey
03-06-2012, 07:24 PM
I don't have the map pack for 9 and I got 10. Thinking of working on the LARP tonight though.

epic lulz 4real
03-07-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm totally down for this tomorrow. I would say tonight but the wifey wants "marriage counseling" because we have SO many things wrong... W/E but tomorrow for sure I'm totally down for some zombie slaying fiesta