PDA

View Full Version : Assault (Sabotage) Tweak! Community Feedback please!

Spartanbh
03-07-2012, 01:53 PM
So as we are going over gametypes and how many were played last war, we found that Sabotage (Multi-Bomb) was not played AT ALL! I personally have always been a very big fan of assault, it just adds that cool warlike/spec-ops feeling of getting in a base and blowing shit up. But I think I know what may turn people off from wanting to play it: The long times it takes to arm (5 seconds) and the longer times it takes to detonate (15 seconds), with a 5 second disarm time.

Back in Halo 2, I had a game type called "Insta-Bomb" which we always put into the wars (but decided against it cause the settings in H2 weren't as interchangeable as Reach). It was a VERY fun gametype that everyone loved, and it focused on just arming the bomb in 1 second and it blew up in 3 seconds. So basically there was no way to detonate it, but it kept the game fast-paced and it provoked a good mix of high-pressure offense. Now, I'm not saying we should make the bomb arms THAT fast, but I'm trying to find a good median to where the bomb arms would be very quick (maybe 3 seconds?) and the detonation times would be quick as well (5 or 10?) with a 3-5 disarm time. We want it so that it gives a team down a score or two a better chance of getting a score to even the game up and make it more intense.

Currently when Assault games are played, it seems (me just guessing) that what happens is once a team gets a bomb armed, they just play ALL DEFENSE for the rest of the game since it takes so damn long to get a bomb planted and detonated. That is REALLY easy to defend, essentially you have a good 20 seconds to get that bomb stopped once it's in the base. But if bomb arms are quicker and a team behind has a better chance of evening it up, then the other teams are going to go for more bomb arms and this just causes more offense all around which I'm sure everyone else may enjoy.

So basically, I'd like to hear the community feedback, I personally would love to see Assault being used again in the wars. I had some of my favorite battles using the Assault gametype. Would you all be willing to give this new idea a try?

Ex Zen Mute
03-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Assault in general is played like that.
Especially since we run on timers to end the game.

Why play both attackers and defenders when the game can't end any quicker?

Anarchy
03-07-2012, 02:45 PM
I dislike assault. But this "Insta-Bomb" is something I could get in to.

It would give the gametype more thrill, so I say go for it.

Gargoyle
03-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Definitly would make things more intresting. I kinda like it.

silversleek
03-07-2012, 02:58 PM
i don't like the idea of instant bomb, but perhaps the timers have to be reduced to 3,3-5, and 10 for arm disarm and blow times

Deathhawk
03-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Here's the problem:

Bringing an objective INTO the opposition's base is waaay more difficult then taking one from them.

I think if you can transport the bomb into the enemy's base, you should be rewarded with a quick arm time (I support 1 second) and a near instant detonation. 5 Second detonation with a 3 second diffuse time. That way, it's not IMPOSSIBLE, however it isn't meant to happen and then the attackers still have a chance to escape.

It's also really frustrating to get killed at the arming point. That's why people like Flag, once it's in... it's in.

Now wouldn't it be cool if Flags exploded?

It also makes it more competitive, if scores are more in the range of 3-5 rather than maybe 2-0 or something.

Yehsus
03-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Use bigteambattle.net's assault/neutral bomb gametypes.

Instant arm, 5 second chance to disarm.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Personally I prefer the Sabotage gametype we currently have over the one found it matchmaking, what with the edited times. And I am surprised it wasn't played this last war. I would ask that you please do not edit the arm/disarm times we currently have. However I wouldn't mind trying out the speed bomb gametype.

Spartanbh
03-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Thats at least all I'm asking is that we try it out. I'd love to see some positive feedback coming from Assault. It's just such an awesome gametype that I don't think has been untilized in Reach. If anyone can come up with a median then let us know and we can try it out!

Maxdoggy
03-08-2012, 12:14 PM
I say go for what the great Yehsus has said for settings:

Instant Arm
5 Second Fuse
3 Second Defusal Time