PDA

View Full Version : No Beta Planned for Halo 4

Silko
03-09-2012, 07:17 PM
We reached out to Microsoft to clarify Halo 4's beta situation and the company provided the following statement:

"We plan to test both gameplay and code features rigorously and at a meaningful scale throughout the course of 2012 to ensure a great experience at launch, but we have no plans for a public multiplayer beta for Halo 4."

IGN Link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1220366p1.html

Vestige
03-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Bullshit 343 come on!

Anarchy
03-09-2012, 08:17 PM
*Sigh*

Anything to push it out faster for cash, I guess.

Nocte
03-09-2012, 08:21 PM
There could still be a private beta...

lol at reading comments on IGN. Half of them don't know what the hell they're even talking about.

Silko
03-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Eagle if there will be no Beta how can there be a Private Beta? All testing will be Internal testing

Anarchy
03-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Eagle if there will be no Beta how can there be a Private Beta? All testing will be Internal testing

May I quote Microsoft's statement:

"We plan to test both gameplay and code features rigorously and at a meaningful scale throughout the course of 2012 to ensure a great experience at launch, but we have no plans for a public multiplayer beta for Halo 4."

Public and Private betas are different, and Microsoft only stated they wouldn't have a public one.

MedeDust
03-09-2012, 10:59 PM
It's a little dumb to ask if there "will be" a Beta. Were in March if there was a Beta launch coming there wouldn't be enough time to get enough feedback from the general gaming community and fix it within a few months. It would've been anounced a while ago as well.

VerbotenDonkey
03-09-2012, 11:01 PM
They have until around December. A Beta is well within that limit.

Gargoyle
03-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Personally, 343 should stop listening to the community and make a damn game. Reach was fucked after they "listened" to the "people"

Anarchy
03-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Personally, 343 should stop listening to the community and make a damn game. Reach was fucked after they "listened" to the "people"

Indeed. They didn't realize that the dissatisfied speak louder than the satisfied, and almost ignored the fact that some people weren't talking about changed from halo 3 to reach because they didn't want them. Let numbers speak for themselves. If population is high, people are satisfied, whether they speak out or not, and vise versa.

Listening to the 2% that complain on bungie forums, and them only, was a bit stupid of them x.x

d3ad1te
03-10-2012, 03:13 PM
*Sigh*

Anything to push it out faster for cash, I guess.

?

If anything it makes more sense to focus all your resources on creating a great game. It takes a lot of resources to do a huge beta.

And honestly they just used those betas to market other games.

Anarchy
03-10-2012, 04:47 PM
?

If anything it makes more sense to focus all your resources on creating a great game. It takes a lot of resources to do a huge beta.

And honestly they just used those betas to market other games.
There are ups and downs. But releasing a game with tons of glitches and problems isn't too desirable to customers or 343.

d3ad1te
03-10-2012, 04:56 PM
I won't disagree with you on that one.

RaZ Vader
03-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Well, I was part of a closed private beta for Star Wars the Old Republic. I'm sure there will be some sort of beta, but not for the masses.

It still doesn't change the fact that I am still scared. and yes, my lack in faith is disturbing.

bazongaman502
03-11-2012, 12:00 AM
there will be a Beta, it just wont be a public beta... chances are it will be a high restricted beta... every game at that kind of level has a beta at some point

Anarchy
03-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Technically the term "beta" refers to a stage in the game's development, so it HAS to have a beta stage >_>

IF you wana be all technical. ; D

Vestige
03-11-2012, 12:31 AM
If there is any kind beta, it will be announced at E3; most likely. If there IS a beta I'm guessing late/end of September.

Silko
03-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Really wouldn't be smart to not have a open Beta. We need to stress test their servers and try our best to break the game now and not 2 months before the game comes out. For example SWTOR. They have had a really closed Beta for about a year. Been part of that since Sept and they didn't start really opening it up until Dec and the game could barely handle it in fact it crashed on a daily bases.

Scarekro
03-11-2012, 05:04 AM
Personally, I'm happy with what 343 has done thus far. That ranges from the recent books to Waypoint and to the Anniversary terminals. I believe they're gonna make an amazing game and if a beta will slow their progress, I'm all for not having a beta.

MedeDust
03-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Stop complaining about glitches and stuff as if thats the reason why we all want a beta so bad. You just want to play the damn game. A game doesnt need a Beta to be good. The previous Halos before Reach came out were and are better than Reach.

Silko
03-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Halo 3 had a Beta. I want a Beta not just to play the game but for several reasons

1) Test what 343 can do. This is there first game that they are making all on their own. Halo Ann is just a simple re-skin and maintaining Reach servers are nothing in comparison to creating a new game from the ground up.

2) See if I even want to buy this game. Betas are a GREAT way to get people buy your game. Ex: I had never played any Mass Effect Game but I tried the Beta for 3 and now I am really thinking about buy this game and maybe even the whole series so I can learn the story.

3) Bug testing. I want Halo to live on. I want this game to have a smooth launch. This is going to be the first of three more Halo games so I would like 343 to get a good name with Halo and not kill the series like what happened to COD.

Of course I want to play the game. What halo fan wouldn't? But I want to see Halo 4 be successful and not turn into COD

RENGADE 0F FUNK
03-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Ya'll should re start this topic on the way point forums.

Nocte
03-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Stop complaining about glitches and stuff as if thats the reason why we all want a beta so bad. You just want to play the damn game. A game doesnt need a Beta to be good. The previous Halos before Reach came out were and are better than Reach.

Halo 2 was a lot more simpler then the games we play today.

Scarekro
03-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Halo 2 was a lot more simpler then the games we play today.

"A lot more simpler"? How the hell are you a writer if you can't even master the most basic of grammatical rules...?

iFurrious
03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
"A lot more simpler"? How the hell are you a writer if you can't even master the most basic of grammatical rules...?
lolz