PDA

View Full Version : Operation Shadow >>Firefight Contest<<

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Operation Shadow

Hello FC I have a prize I would like to share with one of you, and I am not just going to hand it out for free, so I have devised Operation Shadow. I will get into the prize later. Here is how the contest works: I have designed a Firefight gametype called Operation Shadow, and these are the basic mods for it:

No Shields
50% Health recharge
Good active camo at all times
Slightly increased speed, jump height, melee damage, and damage resistance
Customized waves, don't expect the same as in matchmaking Firefight
Start with 7 lives
No time limit, and no wave limit. The game goes until you run out of lives or you quit.
Obviously the higher difficulty you pick the higher of a score you will be able to get. You are free to pick whichever difficulty you like.

Now here are the rules for this contest:

Must be played on the map Glacier
Must save the clip of your game and upload it to your file share so I may review it
No getting out of the map, cheating, or editing the gametype. Doing so will result in an automatic forfeit.
This contest is a solo competition, that means you must play the game by yourself. (No partners)
The winner will be the person with the highest score, because it has no end if you have a big score and are done playing you may end the game if you are satisfied with your score. Please remember to save your clip.
You may play this more than once if you are not happy with your previous score or feel you can achieve a higher one. You have until March 29th, 2012 to submit your highest score & clip to me. Once you have a score you are happy with please send me a private message either here on the forums or via XBL.
DO NOT POST YOUR SCORE IN THIS THREAD

Ok so this is how the contest will work: download the gametype off of my file share>you have 1 week to play it and get the highest score possible>save that film and upload it to your file share>message me your score>next week I will determine a winner.

Here is the gametype: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=2734 8648&player=UNLUCKY%20NUM13ER

The Prizes:
1st Place will get 1 month free of Zune Pass ( I will get into that in a minute)
2nd Place will get 1000 vCash
3rd Place will get 500 vCash
(Cleared by Spartanbh)

Zune Pass: For those of you that don't know what Zune is, it is Microsoft's version of iTunes. And if you have an Xbox you should also have Zune on your xbox. What the Zune pass does, is it allows you to listen to as much music as you want for a month for FREE. Have you seen the Rhapsody commercials with the idiot guy and the girl talking about being able to have infinite downloads for $10 a month so they can make the "ultimate party playlist"? It's basically the same thing but for Zune (which did it first by the way). I however will be taking place in this competition, but I already subscribe to Zune Pass on my own. So if I so happen to take 1st place I will swap prizes with whomever places 2nd.

VerbotenDonkey
03-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Should do it in Halo 3: ODST xD That's what it reminds me of.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Yea I thought about that, but it's not as customizable =P

silversleek
03-21-2012, 07:00 PM
i'll participate, but what if i win but don't want a zune pass because lolzune?

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-21-2012, 07:05 PM
If whoever places 1st doesn't want the zune pass I will work something out for another prize. But who wouldn't want a Zune Pass? ^_^

silversleek
03-21-2012, 07:14 PM
me

bazongaman502
03-21-2012, 07:39 PM
im gonna do this.... but if i win... Im going to put it up for a challenge afterwards.... but ill get into that if i win ;)

Scarekro
03-22-2012, 11:28 AM
If whoever places 1st doesn't want the zune pass I will work something out for another prize. But who wouldn't want a Zune Pass? ^_^

Me. Haha. I used to have a Zune. Three of them in fact. They broke too easily, so I gave up. XP

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Well regardless if people hate Zune or not, the Zune music software on the Xbox is amazing. And with the Zune Pass you don't have to buy anything to listen to it. I recommend people give it a chance before they totally throw out the idea of getting it. If I said it was a free month of itunes on your xbox I'm sure everybody would jump at it >.>

silversleek
03-22-2012, 03:02 PM
i wouldn't. i have youtube for my music.

bazongaman502
03-22-2012, 03:08 PM
keep the Zune idea... people are just failing to see the point... its free music for a month. If you listin to music but dont like this Zune Pass idea, then you obviously aren't a music fan

Scarekro
03-22-2012, 03:39 PM
If you listin to music but dont like this Zune Pass idea, then you obviously aren't a music fan

Where is there any logic in that statement? I'm a musician. I write my own songs. I simply have no need for a Zune pass. End of story.

That's like saying someone who loves ice cream but detests a certain flavor or brand isn't a fan of ice cream.

bazongaman502
03-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Where is there any logic in that statement? I'm a musician. I write my own songs. I simply have no need for a Zune pass. End of story.

That's like saying someone who loves ice cream but detests a certain flavor or brand isn't a fan of ice cream.

your really missing the point...

If someone gives you a free pass to listin to music for free for 1 month... why wouldnt you accept it even if you dont use it?

If you guys go way back before CEA was released, Carpe had a contest that the winner got a free copy of CEA... why wouldnt you try for it? its the exact same situation

If you won, you can do whatever you want with it, keep it, sell it, put it up for a contest as well, ect... you dont have to use it

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Lets not make this into a flame war, if you win and don't want free music for a month then I'm sure I can find something else. I just got this code & thought it'd be nice to share with the community.

Im sure if whoever wins doesn't want the pass, Bazonga will be more than happy to take it off your hands.

Scarekro
03-22-2012, 04:45 PM
If you guys go way back before CEA was released, Carpe had a contest that the winner got a free copy of CEA... why wouldnt you try for it? its the exact same situation

It's actually not the same situation because I actually would have had a use for CEA and it would have saved my dad $40.

I'm not missing the point. I understand that it's free music for a month. But you're missing MY point. The free pass is useless to ME personally. I didn't say it was useless to everyone.

Back on topic, I think I'll try this event Forest. Sounds fun actually. ^__^

bazongaman502
03-22-2012, 05:39 PM
It's actually not the same situation because I actually would have had a use for CEA and it would have saved my dad $40.

Say your dad bought you CEA... but you won the compitition as well and won the CEA game free... now you have 2 copies... sell one back to gamestop brand new and not opened, and BAM! instent $40.. meaning, you went even...

And if the pass isnt something you want, then do try for the compition, im already doing it and have been going for over an hour now... i shall not lose lol

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-22-2012, 05:52 PM
How far have you gotten Bazonga? In sets, rounds, waves...not score wise.

bazongaman502
03-22-2012, 05:59 PM
How far have you gotten Bazonga? In sets, rounds, waves...not score wise.

i believe on set 3 about to go to set 4

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-22-2012, 06:03 PM
:rock:
That's a lot further than I have gotten, that probably means a higher score as well.

bazongaman502
03-22-2012, 06:13 PM
:rock:
That's a lot further than I have gotten, that probably means a higher score as well.

probably lol... 102mins and counting

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Haha well keep it up, I'm probably going to give it a more serious run through sometime next week.

p.s. If anybody wants to share anything besides their score that is fine. Tactics, stories, or how far/long you've played is fine. I just don't want scores posted because then everybody will make it their mission to beat that score. And if you hadn't posted that score you probably could have won.

bazongaman502
03-22-2012, 06:36 PM
u will not get any secrets out of me :P

bazongaman502
03-22-2012, 06:53 PM
ill give 1 tip... have food with you, you will get hungry

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-22-2012, 07:05 PM
haha good one, I'll be sure to get one of those helmets that hold your beer for you as well.

bazongaman502
03-22-2012, 07:13 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!!!! my xbox over heated and it turned off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

fuck that, good luck everyone, im not trying this anymore... If you dont want the Zune card, ill take it off ur hands

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-22-2012, 08:37 PM
I have a few submissions already, keep it up everyone!

silversleek
03-23-2012, 05:50 PM
do you care how long the film is? because i'd totally go 24 hours+

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-23-2012, 05:54 PM
I doubt you could get a 24hr clip onto your file share, it may be too big. But feel free to play as long as you'd like as long as you can upload the clip.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-28-2012, 01:40 PM
This is a reminder to everyone that tomorrow is the deadline to submit your scores. I will declare a winner Friday morning.