PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rearrangement

Deathhawk
03-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Maybe its just my preference, but aesthetically Creative Writing looks weird as a full forum.
I liked having "General Discussion" as a 3 forum category.

Can we move it to Multimedia Branch or return it to subforum?

At the very least take the pen avatar image off, no other forums have it.

Also, why don't we have a "General Chat" (with a better name) forum, separate from Open Conversation?

We can put all the "Sports, Movies, etc." subforums in there, and put the spambox in there. (That way those can still be talked in and not bump Open Convo)
Threads in those smaller sections almost never get posted in because the Main Open Convo threads are seen first and bumped more often.

Mythonian
03-21-2012, 11:14 PM
I've been messing around with the forum layouts a bit, so some input is excellent. Thank you for that.

I moved the Creative Writing out of Open Conversation since the stories/whatever usually aren't "open" but are instead written by a single person.

I agree it could probably be put somewhere better, though.

I'll continue messing with the layout for a bit.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated. Got a section of the forum you think could be improved? Let me know.

VerbotenDonkey
03-21-2012, 11:17 PM
I think it's fine as a subforum of Open Convo. Always has been.

Mythonian
03-21-2012, 11:40 PM
One thing I was considering for the Gaming Discussion section -

Currently, it is set to:

Gaming Discussion

Microsoft Xbox 360
Sony Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii
PC Gaming

Minecraft

General Gaming
Previews/Reviews

What I was considering:

Gaming Discussion

Console Gaming

Microsoft Xbox 360
Sony Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii

General Gaming

PC Gaming
Minecraft
Previews/Reviews

This reduces the clutter on the main forum page, and also gives people a place to post for multi-console games aside from General Gaming.

Thoughts?

VerbotenDonkey
03-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Why not just have "Gaming Discussion" and then list them all? Technically, Minecraft should be under PC gaming anyway, because I don't think theres a console version yet?

Mythonian
03-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Why not just have "Gaming Discussion" and then list them all? Technically, Minecraft should be under PC gaming anyway, because I don't think theres a console version yet?

I wanted to nest them in order to reduce the number of subforums visible on the main forum page. Right now, there are 6 visible; the setup I was considering would reduce it to 2.

Basically, If I can reduce the number total number of subforums visible on the main forum page (currently there are 23 visible to the average member), down to a more reasonable number (like 15 or so), I'd personally be happy. Maybe it's just me, but I think we have too many subforums listed on the main forum page.

Minecraft's XBLA version is supposed to release sometime soon. According to this (http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/21/2889893/minecraft-xbox-360-release-date-thursday-announcement), the release date will be announced tomorrow.

Spartanbh
03-22-2012, 01:34 AM
I'd like to see the Spam Forum have a complete forum in its on so that Open conversation is constantly getting bumped with just the spam topics :/

Relapsive
03-22-2012, 06:38 AM
One thing I was considering for the Gaming Discussion section -

Currently, it is set to:

Gaming Discussion

Microsoft Xbox 360
Sony Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii
PC Gaming

Minecraft

General Gaming
Previews/Reviews

What I was considering:

Gaming Discussion

Console Gaming

Microsoft Xbox 360
Sony Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii

General Gaming

PC Gaming
Minecraft
Previews/Reviews

This reduces the clutter on the main forum page, and also gives people a place to post for multi-console games aside from General Gaming.

Thoughts?

I actually like this format a lot better then the current one.