PDA

View Full Version : Gametype :: Weapon Drop/LZ

VerbotenDonkey
03-22-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm just wondering, before I start this, is there any way to preset what will drop in a Skirmish game? I know it's by tiers, but in each Hill, is there a way to select what is dropped, such as individual weapons or items, like Overshields, etc?

I think it's be neat to have sort of a "Weapon Drop" gametype, where it's like Pelicans from either team are dropping off certain weapons, vehicles, powerups, or abilities throughout the game, and each team has to secure the LZ before it's dropped out, etc. If possible, you could even have two hills going on at the same time, one on each side. Not exactly sure how the gametype works because I've never forged it, but just a thought.

Mythonian
03-22-2012, 12:49 PM
I haven't looked or messed with the Skirmish gametypes enough to say for certain, but I do not believe you have that much detail in customization options. I believe it is locked at a single hill and the drops have limited customization.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
03-22-2012, 01:18 PM
I think this is something that deserves some looking into, it could be a cool gametype to add.

edit: I'll take a look

Gargoyle
03-22-2012, 03:12 PM
If you can have multiple hills I think it would be cool. However, I'd caution every to think about unbalancing of maps.

Vestige
03-22-2012, 04:29 PM
If you can have multiple hills I think it would be cool. However, I'd caution every to think about unbalancing of maps.

No beginning power weapons, just simple DMRs, and starting weapons.

Gargoyle
03-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Simple casual weapons would be cool, I just didn't like the idea of one hill on a non symmetrical map

VerbotenDonkey
03-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Simple casual weapons would be cool, I just didn't like the idea of one hill on a non symmetrical map

If it were possible, both teams would have their own LZ. Maybe it would be a moving one, but if you could time it, one LZ drop every like 5 minutes for each team would be cool. And it would have anything from like an Overshield/Custom Powerup to powerweapons. Maybe vehicles, depending on Map.

If time can't be changed, then yeah it would be like a rotating hill for each team.

Choca Cola
03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
This sounds like a good idea, but we will need beta testing if this is going to become serious...
To make this as simple as possible, let's try it, it's not like it will kill. We're just trying something new.